• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

While I'm waiting for a full roster in my Platinum scramble, I'll take pokemon for an emerald scramble as well. Two scrambles at once...what could go wrong? ^^'

• My pokemon cannot be fire, grass, ice, dragon, or steel type (these types resist ice and/or water, the types used most by Wallace, the champion). I may only have one water-type, which will be required to use (at least) Waterfall and Dive.
  • Please note: I may or may not use an emulator, we will see how it goes.

• None yet

Also, Deh74, take an Illumise. In order to battle Wattson, it must either defeat a volbeat while the Illumise is at low health, or be defeated by a volbeat while the volbeat is at low health.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
Take a Poochyena and name it Beagle. It cannon evolve unless it solos Roxanne's team. It must learn the moves Rock Smash and Strength as soon as you get the HMs and it must always keep them.

Darn, I always have trouble keeping Poochyena alive xD But okay, should be interesting.

• My pokemon cannot be fire, grass, ice, dragon, or steel type (these types resist ice and/or water, the types used most by Wallace, the champion). I may only have one water-type, which will be required to use (at least) Waterfall and Dive.
  • Please note: I may or may not use an emulator, we will see how it goes.

• Poochyena - Must be named Beagle. It cannon evolve unless it solos Roxanne's team. It must learn the moves Rock Smash and Strength as soon as you get the HMs and it must always keep them.

Kalosian

So long
BlockethTheGrand, take a Kecleon. It must know Substitute and Ancientpower. It must also defeat at least one Pokemon from each of the two last Gym Leaders. Nickname it Long Lost.

Hurray Kecleon :D

Also imma use less spoilers xD

Emerald Scramble:
Cannot be a pokemon resistant to water/ice (I may still use one water-type for dive/waterfall)
-Beagle/Poochyena - Solo Roxanne -> Mightyena. Must always know Rock Smash and Strength.
-Long Lost/Kecleon - Must defeat at least one pokemon from both Liza & Tate's and Juan's Teams. Must always know Substitute.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
@BlockethTheGrand Take a Whismur who cannot evolve into Loudred until it has effectively blocked 15 supersonics from zubats or has KO'd 20 zubats while they are confused. It then cannot evolve into Exploud until it singles the leader of Team Magma once and the leader of Team Aqua once. If it has singled either before evolving into Loudred, of can still count toward this evolution. It also either has to be the last pokemon on your team to evolve into its final evolution or it must always know one HM

Last edited:
I'll take it :3 And do you mean it has to EITHER be the last to evolve or it has to have one HM, or both?

Emerald Scramble:
Cannot be a pokemon resistant to water/ice (I may still use one water-type for dive/waterfall)
-Beagle/Poochyena - Solo Roxanne -> Mightyena. Must always know Rock Smash and Strength.
-Long Lost/Kecleon - Must defeat at least one pokemon from both Liza & Tate's and Juan's Teams. Must always know Substitute.
-Whismur - Block 15 supersonics from zubat OR KO 20 confused zubats -> Loudred. Solo Maxie and Archie once each -> Exploud. Must be last pokemon to fully evolve (else: must always know one HM).

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
I meant either. Good luck and have fun!

deh74

Seine Majestät
I need two more Pokemon and a nickname and restrictions for my treecko.

I'll take Spoink :3 Might I ask, though, whether or not other Spoink count towards this?

Emerald Scramble:
-Whismur - Block 15 supersonics from zubat OR KO 20 confused zubats -> Loudred. Solo Maxie and Archie once each -> Exploud. Must be last pokemon to fully evolve (else: must always know one HM).
-Spoink - Defeat 5 pokemon with gems on their bodies -> Grumpig.

SilverMorty

^What do you mean if it counts towards that?

Umm yeah it's for your Emerald

deh74 take a Trapinch that evolves to Vibrava after it defeats a a Water type in the rain. Evolve it to Flygon after it defeats either Winona's Skarmory or Altaria.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
BlockethTheGrand, take a Makuhita, name it Yokozuna.

Must faint in a trainer battle, be revived, and solo the same trainer battle (so send something else out, revive, and switch it back in) a total of 5 times to evolve into Hariyama. Hariyama must be your sole Surfer.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Morty, I meant if other spoink count as pokemon with gems on their bodies.

Monochromatic, I was honestly hoping for a special Aggron as my surfer, but this works too xD

Emerald Scramble:
-Spoink - Defeat 5 pokemon with gems on their bodies -> Grumpig.
-Yokozuna/Makuhita - Faint, be revived, and solo a single trainer 5 times -> Hariyama. Must be the only pokemon in the team with Surf.
-1 more :D

Last edited:

Espeon EX

On-and-Off User
@BlockethTheGrand, Take a Ralts(Preferably female, but if you have to it can be male, but the name won't make sense). It must know Protect(TM17), and Light Screen(TM16). To evolve the first time it must solo one of Brawly's pokemon(so you have to get it by then), and to evolve it again it must solo one of the rivals(May/Brendan) in the route 110 battle(it's by Cycling road and the trick house). Name it Zelda(See why it should be female?).

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
id like a challenge for fire red
i am unable to trade but apart from that i have no restrictions

Kalosian

So long
ultimate_charmander, take a Tangela. It must know one move by TM, one my Move Tutor, and one by level-up. Its fourth move is up to you.

ultimate_charmander

bloody weather
right so far i have

1) Cloyster must have one move from a move tutor
2) Tangela one move taught by tm, tutor, and level up

interesting both of these i usually tend to ignore so at least im trying something new :)