• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

El_mago

Banned
Brand new here! xD..yeah well..i have a Gyarados, Tentacruel, Donphan, Oddish, Pidgeot, Meowth, Persian, Graveler, Gengar, Marowak, Machamp, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Ditto..and i think im missing one, but im not sure..oh yeah! i once saw a dewgong on the battle factory, i rented it :D and also in the battle fac, i saw a nidorina, and ofcourse i also rented her! xD.. i had some more shines like a Relicanth, Aerodactyl, Dewgong, Haunter, Gastly..but i lost the game =/// bummers..

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Hello everyone i havent posted here before (i think and would just like to day..)

I got a shiny abra recently with a video on it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE0s7jU2tag

Im not hunting clefairy, and im on 4.5k Srs roughly, in other news im basically just hunting for Kyogre in my Saphire aswell now and in the near future i will sr for a deoxys (as i got the aurora ticket legitimantly).

Nebbio

NINJA!
I had a shiny Tentacool but released it thinking it was a virus. Good times.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I had a shiny pidgey I randomly caught while looking for a ditto in LeafGreen.
It's now a pidgeot on my diamond version.

CaptainX24

I have 2 shinies on Emerald, both of which I got from trades. One's a Zubat and the other is a Tentacool. I also once saw a shiny Smoochum... in the Battle Tower :(

razor fire

That was stupid. o_O

Could you please stop flaming people?...

I found a shiny Paras in the Safari Zone. :O I got lucky and managed to catch it!

Last edited:

Zeth

I found a Shiny Female Nidoran! I only had three pokeballs left. I almost knock it out, but I managed to catch her. I named her Ivy. :D

After soft reseeting for a few hours I finally got my 2nd shiny starter on Emerald, a Torchic! It's rash natured. Which to my luck was one of the three natures I was wanting for it.

Shiny_Lugia

Shiny Hunter
Hmmm, my first Shiny for the 3rd gen was a Unown D on LeafGreen. Then a while later while I was surfing I found a shiny Tentacool in Emerald, which I cloned then evolved. Then my shiny luck died off in LeafGreen when I came across a Shiny Nidorina in the Safari Zone, the darn thing fled, I was very sad about that.But then I perked up when I was searching for a non-shiny Plusle in Pearl when I happened upon a Shiny Plusle.
Now I'm trying to get a shiny starter Charmander in LeafGreen.(I already have one in Platinium by breeding but I want to start out with one.)

i just got a shiny mewtwo . I also have a shiny tangela and hitmonlee on the same file. Unfortunately for me, the nature was sassy, ivs were great for everything except speed where that was 4. Looks like I've got the slowest shiny mewtwo in existence.

ZombieMeatballs

ポケットモンスター
I was very sad, I never got a single shiny in the third gen

psyrose3

I got a random encounter Female Nidoran. IN THE SAFARI ZONE. XD

Sohashi

I am currently SRing for an emerald groudon, but i dont know stuff. Can you just go in terra cave and save in front of him and then SR, or is his color determined when you walk in the cave? Please reply or pm, i don't want to be SRing for a month or more for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.