• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In my Fire red version (Before I lost it. >.<) somebody in the trainer tower had a shiny pokemon. I was so mad when I saw it...

Actually the shiny in the Battle Tower is always there.

Btw, at 10:25 today on Route 9, on FireRed, I FOUND A SHINY QUIRKY RUN AWAY RATTATA. Its my 8 shiny, and my 3rd Generation shiny (technically 4th, as one was the uncatchable Zigzagoon in Emerald). My heart stopped when it appeared, and thank God I had a low level Magnemite with Thunderwave, but I caught it in a PokeBall.
;019;;019;;019;;019;;019;;019;

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
yeah, the trainers in the battle tower are lucky, they have shiny's
i wish i could get a shiny charmander... i'm gonna start trying...

I finally got a shiny Charmander after a long hunt. It was officially my first shiny, and I was elated as the Charmander line is my favorite line of pokemon. Unfortunately it was hasty nature. I was hoping for a nature that benefied special attack. Oh well.

dont complain, thats pretty good

fireperson

advanced trainer
ive found about 10 shinies in my 3rd generation games in a five months span.about 3 got away...The rarest shiny ive seen was one that got away :)I was sad,as it was a Kangaskhan in the safari zone... I mustve thrown 10 safari balls then at last,it fled :(

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
Can someone please tell me there strategy to SRing for a shiny starter on FR/LG

Esmerry

DREW COME BACK
Can someone please tell me there strategy to SRing for a shiny starter on FR/LG

I'm sorry but there isn't a strategy when you are SRing.
It's all about luck. Sometimes it takes only 50 Soft Resets, and sometimes it takes 8000 Soft Resets.
So all you can do: SRing and hoping you will get it.

Champion Shirona

I got a shiny duskull from mt.pyre and shiny golbat at meteor falls just on the way to battling steven (emerald)

RandomGuy27

Actually the shiny in the Battle Tower is always there.

Btw, at 10:25 today on Route 9, on FireRed, I FOUND A SHINY QUIRKY RUN AWAY RATTATA. Its my 8 shiny, and my 3rd Generation shiny (technically 4th, as one was the uncatchable Zigzagoon in Emerald). My heart stopped when it appeared, and thank God I had a low level Magnemite with Thunderwave, but I caught it in a PokeBall.
;019;;019;;019;;019;;019;;019;

No it wasn't the one thats always there (Its a seaking or something isn't it? If not I have seen 2 shiny's in battle tower.). It was one of the pokemon the first trainer I battled had.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
do soft resets of the emerald starters count towards a random shiny encounter?
In my opinion, it should only "count" if you found the shiny starter without running into the shiny Zigzagoon first, or if you did it before anyone knew about Emerald's messed up RNG. If you find the shiny Zigzagoon, then you know that all you have to do is go through the dialogue and such a mere 1/64 of a second faster and BAM, you have your shiny starter. It's a near-guaranteed way of getting a shiny, in my opinion.

Edit: jbtenseventeen, every 25-30 soft resets, take a few steps in random directions and reset your game. RandomGuy27, that Seaking is always shiny, too.

DarkNuzleaf

-Victory Road Gfx-
Restarted Ruby looking for a shiny Mudkip, so far been at it for a 2.5 hours and still nothing. In saphire I've got 2x Shiny Tentacool, and one shiny Cacturne from the desert.
Fire Red, I've got a shiny Magicarp now Gyra. Shiny Poliwag now poliwhirl.

But this Mudkip is getting annoying
Never had much luck with shinies

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
I just started another hunt on Route 116 with somebody. I said I liked the possible shinies there, but not Skitty because I already chained skitty in Diamond. THE FIRST SKITTY I SEE IS SHINY! When I saw it appear, I thought it might be shiny because it was darker reddish, and I know that because I have like 10 of these chained on Diamond, and then it sparkled. Skitty has a 2% encounter rate on Route 116.
I didn't have my camera, so I had to use my cell phone. Then, my cell phone ran out of memory during the video. Anyway I caught it. Relaxed nature, level 8, female. I'm super excited I found one in less than 50 encounters, but I'm SO disappointed that I didn't have my camera and everything. And that it's a skitty.
Crappy cell phone picture coming, I'll use my good camera on Sunday.

Video: WARNING SUPER BAD QUALITY VIDEO AHEAD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK8n1zn7Gf4

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
managed to get a shiny torchic as my starter. yay. :D

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
thank you dude above me!
i also just recieved word from my friend playing my game, that he just got a shiny poochyena!
it's a dream come true... sigh...
also congrats on shiny charmander. i'm trying for one, but no luck.

Ooccoo

Show me your ideals
I feel that Emerald is a Shiny Mine for me, in the 3 odd months I've had it I've encounted a shiny Magikarp ;129; (My first random encounter ever!) and a shiny Numel ;322;

Considering my only other shinys are the Garenteed Gyrados (G/S) and a Masuda Hatched Cranidos (A day afte the Magikarp no less! ^_^) I'm quite pleased!

fatyeti4

Master of War
Well, today i picked up my emerald for once in like 4 months, and to my surprise, i had a shiny hitmonlee. I looked at it and i realized it was from my leafgreen about 5 months ago. I don't know how i didnt realize it was shiny then, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.