• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs

Banned
I saw my first Shiny in the Safari Zone =/ Pinsir... ran out of balls. I did manage to get a Shiny Bold Grimer a few weeks ago.

Quegler

I went to pick up my Beldum after beating the E4 on my newly reset Emerald profile, and on the absolute first try, not even aiming for a shiny, I got a shiny Beldum. I didnt realize I got it until about 10 minutes after taking the pokeball off the desk. I took the pokeball, went to the pokemon center to take the XP share out of the computer, pressed Start, went to my pokemon, and there it was, a shiny Beldum

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
I went to pick up my Beldum after beating the E4 on my newly reset Emerald profile, and on the absolute first try, not even aiming for a shiny, I got a shiny Beldum. I didnt realize I got it until about 10 minutes after taking the pokeball off the desk. I took the pokeball, went to the pokemon center to take the XP share out of the computer, pressed Start, went to my pokemon, and there it was, a shiny Beldum

wow congrats, that is major luck right there.

Saph

Rapscallion
I caught a shiny Venomoth in the Safari Zone yesterday, which was great. But today I caught a shiny VenoNAT, also in the Safari Zone! What are the chances of that?

Nice, you got really lucky there

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I accidently found a wild Shiny Roselia in Ruby between Verdenturf and Mauville a few days ago.

It was at the average level. I was looking for Volbeat when it appeared. It was a good day. Took only one Great Ball to catch it.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
I am thinking of getting shiny Charmander bu I am wondering - Do I have to start the game again and get a new ID every 100 soft resets?

Champion Shirona

No its not 100 soft resets its unknown
I found a shiny bagon when i was finding it for my team!

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
ARGH! I've been soft resetting for almost the whole year trying to find a shiny torchic. I think my cartrige is cursed ._."
Yet, i buy leafgreen off my friend for $10 and find shiny mewtwo in 2 weeks. But also, i found a shiny entei after speed-running through my pokemon gold version. And now i have the sudden urge to get it in colosseum. Which brought up the question, do people actually try to get shinies in coloss/XD anymore?

Champion Shirona

SmoG878,Not many people does that but if u find it will be cool and even cool if its shadow and shiny.

jbtenseventeen

Shiny Hunter
At 7000 Srs for Shiny Bulbasaur, I sure hope it shines soon.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
Today, on my Ruby Water Type Monotype Challenge I was in Rusturf Cave to use Rock Smash on those rocks I just happened to find a shiny Whismur.

Janovy

Banned
The first shiny I've ever found was a Wurmple right at the beginning, of course at that time I didn't have the internet to see it is shiny as I only saw a minor difference in it's appearance.

On the other side, I was incredibly lucky to encounter a wild shiny Whismur so I decided to catch it and I've stored it in my PC.

Champion Shirona

Today, i found a shiny golbat at Meteor Falls,my brother was playing it,and he called me why is it a different colour.I said give me so i could catch that shiny pokemon.
I was worried about he running because he has a habit of it.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Well, last night I got a shiny Beldum after over three years of soft resetting. I have no idea how many SRs I did!

Here are some pictures (they're huge):

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1016.jpg

SANY1017.jpg

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
I have my first Shiny at FR (too bad it's from an emulator) it is Voltorb. My Voltorb has a Hardy nature and is level 25. I don't like Voltorb at all, but I really like its color. It's so blue :D

Prinplup

Super, super =D
Well, last night I got a shiny Beldum after over three years of soft resetting. I have no idea how many SRs I did!

Here are some pictures (they're huge):

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1016.jpg

SANY1017.jpg
3 years!?!? I'd have given up after 2 weeks.

I have my first Shiny at FR (too bad it's from an emulator) it is Voltorb. My Voltorb has a Hardy nature and is level 25. I don't like Voltorb at all, but I really like its color. It's so blue :D

Congratulations! You can use some thingy to transfer the game to your DS and you can migrate, but I forget what it's called.

Champion Shirona

Last time in FR,I found a Shiny Nidoran Male.Then i found out that its was fake.My fake FR.Grrr!
Congratz ShinyFufu for getting a Shiny Beldum.Hey were u playing both FR/LG and Emerald in the same time.Did u tried to catch a shiny heracross because i saw normal heracross on the another GBASP?

rocko

hihowru
I've been SRing for A Torchic on Ruby, and the internal battery thingy had ran dry, does this affect my SRing or anything else?( If so, i'll be pretty sad, i've done about 1,000-2,000 SR's)

Champion Shirona

No it doesn but u can't save anymore i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.