• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
My trainer ID is: 50223

And my Hariyama is untrained at lv 40 with the following stats

HP: 166 - 3
Att: 110 - 23
Def: 56 - 8
SP Att: 37 - 1
Sp Def: 63 - 26
Spd: 48 - 8

Nrs on the right are the IV stats.

Nature: Serious
Characteristics: Strong Willed

If you can find my frame, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I is in shock. lol Another one of the shinies that I've been longing to get for years just appeared, and it's...

The awesomeness that is shiny Trapinch!

I can't believe that it actually appeared, and that I didn't end up with a 3rd shiny Sandshrew (or a 2nd shiny Baltoy). I thought for sure that I'd have to hatch for a shiny Trapinch if I ever wanted to get a shiny one.

^__^

monkeyman192

simply bored
My trainer ID is: 50223

And my Hariyama is untrained at lv 40 with the following stats

HP: 166 - 3
Att: 110 - 23
Def: 56 - 8
SP Att: 37 - 1
Sp Def: 63 - 26
Spd: 48 - 8

Nrs on the right are the IV stats.

Nature: Serious
Characteristics: Strong Willed

If you can find my frame, that would be awesome.

I am not sure where you got those IV's from, because I used an IV calculator and got slightly different ones (the ones you provided were within the range though..)
Did your battery die after you started playing the game?
I have found the frame, but it doesn't match up with what I would expect from your ID number, which is why I ask the above :p

anyway, I think your shiny frame is at 3676 frames. if you download eontimer and change the little tab at the top to '3', enter this frame number and it will calculate the time for you...
If you have a pokemon with sweet scent you can make pokemon appear on this frame pretty much anywhere...
http://www.eggmove.com/encountersapphire.htm <- that is a list of what will appear (you want to look at the 2nd column, the one with a '1' at the top...
you will probably want to download RNG reporter so you can calibrate it properly (just don't put in an ID/SID, but use seed = '5A0' and method H-1 (Gen 3)
also, you will need to take off ~250 frames if you use sweet scent due to the animation...
good luck :)

Skippio

The Upgrade
I started a BQ in Sapphire, skipping over the shiny starter because I don't have the time to SR; I didn't think I would actually ever find a RE shiny.

But I did. Two of them.

The first one, a Surskit, I found shortly after beating my rival; I was looking for a shiny. The second one, a Nincada, randomly appeared on 116. Didn't expect this one. :D

Looking in Granite Cave for my next one, hoping for a Sableye, but I'll take anything.

Takashi47W

Event Lover
So yesterday (Sunday) was a glorious day. On the route from Brocks Gym (I don't know what city) to Mt. Moon cave I had been running in between the P.C. at the base of Mt. Moon and the grass, searching for a jigglypuff, and the two nidoreans for dex fillers. After I got to my Aunts I saved turned it off. Started playing a while later and "OHMYGOSH, DECLAN A SHINY SPEARROW!" This is great in a few ways.

One. First Random encounter shiny ever. (I have done the pokeradar trick on Pearl)

Two. I finally have a shiny I can clone on my Emerald. n.n

Three. I wasn't even searching for one, so it gives me hope.

Now I need that kind of luck on XD or Colloseum so as to have something worth a great amount. I wish it was a different pokemon I found though, but hey, a shiny is a shiny. n.n

frenky

Champion
i like black rayquaza and blue mew , but i dont have one of them

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
So I'm soft resetting Groudon on SS, but could also SR on Ruby while on SS. My question is since my battery died, is it pointless to soft reset on Ruby? What is the consensus with the dried battery as I have heard that it breaks the RNG like Emerald...

Dangertrout

So I'm soft resetting Groudon on SS, but could also SR on Ruby while on SS. My question is since my battery died, is it pointless to soft reset on Ruby? What is the consensus with the dried battery as I have heard that it breaks the RNG like Emerald...

Yeah, the dry internal battery means your RNG in Ruby is now fixed. (as in stuck in the same place, much like Emerald)
Unless you have a really early shiny frame, you may as well just stick to SRing in SS.

monkeyman192

simply bored

If your battery died before you started your current game you should be able to figure out what your SID is and subsequently your first "shiny frame" provided you didn't spend ages when you started the game to actually start it.
If you post your TID I might be able to tell you when your shiny frame is...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I encountered a Shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby version this morning. I was traveling between Oldale Town and Littleroot Town, and it appeared in the tall grass. I almost had a heart attack since this is one of the few Shiny Hoenn Pokemon that I've wanted to add to my collection because I like the sprite's color. I managed to capture it in a Nest Ball, and I'm currently training it so it can evolve. I'll probably clone it on Emerald version before it does evolve though, just so I can have a Shiny Zigzagoon and a Shiny Linoone in my collection.

xKatie0391

I was going to SR for Mudkip on Sapphire last night (I started a while ago but haven't played any Pokemon for a long while) but I got the internal battery message as soon as I started up. So now I just have Leaf Green to hunt shinies on

monkeyman192

simply bored
I was going to SR for Mudkip on Sapphire last night (I started a while ago but haven't played any Pokemon for a long while) but I got the internal battery message as soon as I started up. So now I just have Leaf Green to hunt shinies on

what about using RNG to get it on sapphire?

Takashi47W

Event Lover
So I was able to profit off of a friend. X3 Mh friend caught a shiny trapinch on his Emerald! I asked if he minded if I cloned it ((on my Emerald since he hasn't beaten the game yet)) so I could have one. And he said sure! The downfall is it is already leveled up some. But hey! A shiny is a shiny!

That makes two for my GB shinies, now once I beat LG, I plan on SS for Mewtwo. n.n

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
My first Gen 3 shiny:

While I was in Victory Rd, I was like, "What if I find a shiny here? Will I attack it? What if it was an Onix? Hm... I know! I'll just have Blastoise tackle it!"
then when I reached the near end, I encountered this... I was all "FFFF" *masterballs it* XD

[img139]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4953/onixkm.png[/img139]

I thought it was going to Self Destruct... so yeah.. My mistake. i didn't have WiFi then to check >.>

Funny... I only played FR for like months and my LG never had a shiny and its over a year old, nya~

O11i3

ive had ruby since it came out in the UK and never encountered a shiny, until today. Im doing a grass monotype and was going over the path north of Slateport when all of a sudden a shiny Electrike appeared. Caught but i cant use it, so im gonna have to trade it out to my emerald cartridge. Blue electrikes sure look cool though

punk4rock

I'm SRing for a shiny Torchic on Ruby but I'm the getting the internal battery has run dry message, does this mean I can't hunt shinies?

I'd like to know sooner rather than later for obvious reasons haha :)

monkeyman192

simply bored
I'm SRing for a shiny Torchic on Ruby but I'm the getting the internal battery has run dry message, does this mean I can't hunt shinies?

I'd like to know sooner rather than later for obvious reasons haha :)

You can, but SR-ing is not the way to go...
What is your trainer ID and I may be able to help you identify when abouts it will shine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.