• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

3rd Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLMO20

Banned
My little cousin just traded me a shiny phanpy he caught in the zafari zone on Emerald...i think he has a Secret shiny ID no. cau someone help me, oh yeah he was using sweet scent..

i caught a shiny vulpix on my leafgreen. my friend is offering 3 pokemon for it when i get platinum. he said the event regigigas and 2 of my choice.

mew lover

2,225 SR
Today is my birthday, i hope to get a shiny today. I going to hunt mostly for bug pokemon and totodile. good luck with everyone's shiny hunts.

wichu, i'm a Girl and my ID number is 34625. I got 4 shinies on emerald. Two random shinies, voltorb and abra. I got groudon(958) and Kyogre(928) by Soft-reseting. So i'm going for tododile because i think my emerald is a shiny file.

Crystal Firestorm

Congrats to all of those with shinies. :) I hope to soft-reset for one at some point, but I don't think I have the patience. x] I only found one shiny, and that was a random Clefairy a couple of years ago on Fire Red. See, I had restarted for a long plane journey, so I was passing through Mt Moon and there it was. I got some weird looks from other passengers. XD My friend evolved it, however I no longer have 'OMGSHINY' because I traded it for a shiny Azumarril in Diamond over Wi-Fi after I had Pal Parked it.

Ammako

I stumbled across something rarer than getting a shiny this morning: I won the Master Ball at the lottery in Emerald.

Shiny Dialga

G/S Remake! :) :)
I stumbled across something rarer than getting a shiny this morning: I won the Master Ball at the lottery in Emerald.

But this is a thread where you post about shiny Pokes; not winning the lottery.

As for me, I'm still SRing for shiny Lapras and Regice. Hoping Regice will appear so I can complete my Regi trio. :)

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
My luck is back :D:

S5030803.jpg

I decided a while ago to SR for Mudkip in Ruby. When I sent out the 8th Mudkip, it was purple :D. Shiny Mudkip appeared in Ruby and I wasn't really trying. I didn't think I would get it, not when I got shiny Spiritomb yesterday.

This is my first shiny in this game, so I'm pretty pumped. Mudkip has a Timid nature, and is male(I was hoping for a female, but a shiny is better than no shiny).

More pictures:

DS shot
Shiny Mudkip, Timid nature

~~~

I'm currently hunting on One Island for a random shiny. I've been hunting for a shiny here for a few weeks, so hopefully something will shine soon.

Ammako

But this is a thread where you post about shiny Pokes; not winning the lottery.

As for me, I'm still SRing for shiny Lapras and Regice. Hoping Regice will appear so I can complete my Regi trio. :)

But this is a thread where you post about getting a shiny, not wich are your targets.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
I recently started hunting for shiny numel in my 2nd Ruby in rt 112 where only Numel and Machop appear... 50/50 chance I get the shiny I want, and of course I get:

DVC00469.jpg

Yep the 'chop -___-' 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Behold my "new" GBA SP retro, Ruby in the slot!
It's Quiet...too Quiet *shifty eyes*
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. And ironically that one was also random because I was searching for a shiny onix and that popped up instead. Machop cursed me twice :p Well least I got a shiny again. I hadn't gotten one since January. Hurray! Heh maybe its the start of a good streak...

CelticMagician

Pokenerd in Training
The first and only shiny that I've encountered in a 3rd gen game of Pokemon was a shiny Exeggecute that I encountered while meandering about the Safari Zone in Leaf Green. It's now a shiny Exeggutor, and I'm planning on raising it more when I get the chance. I'm currently re-playing my ruby for the sake of replaying it at current. I don't intend to restart my Leaf Green anytime soon seeing as I'm putting together quite the Pokemon collection on there.

Cloudchild75

Magus lover
In Fire Red on my first playthrough I encountered shining spearow, now a fearow level 100 on Pearl. I *had* a wingull caught on emerald pre elite 4, but my game crashed and I lost him x.x

Last edited:

Zenity

Dragon Tamer
So right now I'm on night 2 of my SRing for a shiny porygon in Celadon game corner. I'd say I've reset about 50 times, not much. I'm afraid of giving in and just going with a regular porygon, I really like the shiny one!

But anyway, here's my question: When you go to "pokemon" on your start menu, is the tiny sprite on your party page shiny too? it would save me time if I didn't have to pull up the summary every reset. :) thanks!

;137;

Edit: Thanks oddsok for the answer!

Last edited:

oddsok

(^^,)
So right now I'm on night 2 of my SRing for a shiny porygon in Celadon game corner. I'd say I've reset about 50 times, not much. I'm afraid of giving in and just going with a regular porygon, I really like the shiny one!

But anyway, here's my question: When you go to "pokemon" on your start menu, is the tiny sprite on your party page shiny too? it would save me time if I didn't have to pull up the summary every reset. :) thanks!

;137;

Unfortunately no. You have to check the full summary to see shinyness.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
S5030221.jpg

Shiny Ponyta appeared tonight after several thousand encounters. It is my 7th shiny Pokemon in LeafGreen and my longest shiny hunt in this game so far. It has an Impish nature and has Flash Fire, the ability I wanted.

Shiny Ponyta
Impish nature
Stats/Flash Fire

Will continue to hunt my secret shiny in FireRed. Hopefully it'll appear quicker than shiny Ponyta did.

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
After just 970 resets, and 6 days of work, I finally got my FIRST SR pokemon, and it's Kyogre! below some pictures and sorry for the blur, camera phone etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.