1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Generation General Questions

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by ellie, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

Okay, a lot of people have not been using the Official Help Threads if it doesn't fit exactly into one generation, so that's what this thread is for. Use this thread for questions that have to do with cross-game things or things that relate to more than one game. Do NOT use this thread for things that only affect one group (RSE, FrLg, or ColoXD), things that don't have anything to do with the 3rd generation, or things that already have their own specific threads for them. If it belongs in any of the following threads, do not post it here
    General Game Help
    Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald help
    Fire Red and Leaf Green help
    Colosseum and XD help

Specific Game Help for specific games
    Contest Help (RSE)
    Battle Frontier Help (Emerald)
    Islands Help (FrLg)

Help for the 3rd Gen in General
    EV's and IV's Help
    Pokerus Help
    Shiny Help
    Team Help
    Breeding Help

Happy posting, and be sure to follow the above rules or you will be infracted.

2. wht is the "pal" version od pokemon channel

3. prophet

prophet Active Member

Hi, I am having trouble trading Pokemon from my Pokemon Emerald to FireRed, and vice-versa (yes, I've done the Sevii Island quests). I am using a GBA and a GBA SP to trade between them. I am using a link cable with two slim-fat end. The problem is after I select the options, it keeps saying "Please wait... B Button to Cancel."

Any suggestions on a new cable or troubleshooting will be helpful; thanks!

4. prophet

prophet Active Member

Oops double post.

5. Do the tips on your link cable look like this:

[IMG200]http://www.yyyescable.com/images/Product/PRODUCTPIC/BIG/GAME/gameboy/GBA-2P-LINK-CABLE-W-PORT.jpg[/IMG200]

Or do they look like this:

[IMG200]http://www.yyyescable.com/images/Product/PRODUCTPIC/BIG/GAME/gameboy/GBA-GBC-4P-LINK-CABLE.jpg[/IMG200]

If it looks like the second image, that is why it isn't working: You're using an old-school gameboy link cable and you need to purchase a GBA link cable, which is like the first picture.

6. prophet

prophet Active Member

My link cable looks like the second image you posted. Do you know if GameStop has any of the ones in the first image still in retail?

7. They may have them, or you may be able to find it at a flea market with a used video game store. You won't be able to find them new anymore though.

8. flyingchicken

flyingchicken Deathaura

Alright, I've been having this problem with my Ruby and Leafgreen. When I started it up, just after the title screen, a box opened and said "The save file has been deleted..." Needless to say, I'm very ticked off. How can I fix this?

9. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Are they legit games? Are the carts colored, is Ruby a sparkly red color and LeafGreen a light green? Does it say Nintendo anywhere on the game or during the intro?

10. flyingchicken

flyingchicken Deathaura

Yes, of course they are. Everything is legit about them; they are not fake.

11. Shepard

Shepard metaphysician

I tried looking through the site to find whether synchronizers affect natures in FR/LG, but I couldn't find any info. Does anyone know if they do, or was that only brought in for emerald?

12. Shadow Tepi 8

Shadow Tepi 8 Prince of Blue

Taken from here

13. LV100MASTER

LV100MASTER I rule!!!

Where do you find TM28 Dig on Pokemon Emerald except from route 114?

14. Champion Shirona

Champion Shirona Well-Known Member

Theres no other way except trading.

15. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

1.) Is the Gender of an egg Pokémon determined when the Egg is created or when you pick it up?
    2.) Can a Male Pokémon breed with a Ditto to make female offspring?
    3.) Can Treecko have both Crunch and Leech Seed on the same moveset?

16. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

1) I really don't remember. All I know is some values are determined when it is created and the rest are determined when it's picked up. I think gender is determined when it's created, but I would test that to be sure.
    2) Yes, as long as it's not Tauros/Hitmons/other Pokemon that are only male.
    3) Not in 3rd gen (I didn't check 4th so I don't know, but this isn't 4th anyway so.. yeah).

17. Starlight Aurate

Starlight Aurate Just a fallen star

Since Ellie couldn't answer it, I will, and it's determined when it's created.

18. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Cool, thanks a lot Ellie and starliteevee. It's just that I can't seem to get a Female Treecko... Probably because I saved after the egg was made and SR'd. Wasted time is wasted... -_- Thanks anyway :)

19. Kacho

Kacho You are next.

Does Aromatherapy heals Confusion?

20. Katipunero

Katipunero Eye in the Sky

No,only sleep, poison, paralysis, freeze, and burn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.