• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

403 Forbidden Errors

Phoopes

There it is.
I have Googled the following a lot, and have never been able to find a clear-cut answer that I understand: How do I bypass 403 forbidden errors?

I was looking for a really old fan fic online, and I was able to get to it by using The Wayback Machine. However, whenever I actually try to view it, I get this screen. It also says that a 404 Not Found error was present as well.

So, is there any way for me to access this? Or am I just going to have to move on? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know either, I tried to get on the forum that barely started, and I get this
But its error 404. Someone told me the Admin is working on it.

I only know that someone can try and fix it. :|

Edit: I did some poking around in that link you provided, its Error 404 too.
Something that causes this is called an 'ErrorDocument' I think, cause it says there and in mine's.

Last edited:

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
You cannot bypass 403 Forbidden errors, at least not legally. A 403-Forbidden error means that the page you are trying to access either requires a password (if it prompts you to enter one), or simply restricted. When no password prompt appears, that usually indicates that the folder on the server probably doesn't have any content meant for users to access in it, but is locked to prevent access to server-configuration related files. In this case however, the original website no longer exists, so the "Error 403" page probably isn't a real error page, but a copy of an error response from the server to Wayback Machine when it was caching it. Hence, there's nothing to "bypass".

Out of curiosity, I googled "league0.txt" (the file you're trying to access) to see if it was hosted anywhere else, but to no avail. The text file does not exist on any other website, at least those cached by Google.

Phoopes

There it is.
Ah, well that's a disappointment. Guess I'm never going to get to read that, then. Thanks for your input, though.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
You cannot bypass 403 Forbidden errors, at least not legally.

I've heard in the past that some 2G cell phones can view 403 pages without any special workarounds. Wouldn't that be a legal way to do it (assuming it actually works)?

Phoopes

There it is.
I've heard in the past that some 2G cell phones can view 403 pages without any special workarounds. Wouldn't that be a legal way to do it (assuming it actually works)?

Oh, I never heard that before. If I ever come into possesion of one of those, I might have to try that out.