• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

49erShipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Nice 49ershipping art, Swinubber! Hyouta is such a daddy's boy. <3

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
D'aw, thanks... tried to really nail it hard.

-giggles at the latter-

Ketsuban

Master Pokémon Breeder
Mmm, fanart! That's nice~.

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
This thread needs so much love, so I ha' to draw!

http://i3.*******.com/4g85l3c.jpg

from the ameiro site... er.. log. xD;

Just so this thread won't die.

Last edited by a moderator:

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
*squeals* SOOOOO CUTE. Hyoutaaaa~n. I hope he at least gets some mention in the Tougan episode(s).

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
Well Tip, we haven't seen all of the Hyouta episodes so maybe there'll be a hint about who Tougan is there.

Thena again, it'll be SO MANY EPISODES and Ash is an idiot so maybe there'll be more than that!

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
I'd love it if they did that at some point during any of the remaining storyline with Hyouta, but part of me says the anime isn't capable of such coolness.

And yeah, waiting for Tougan ep(s) will prolly take a monster load of patience. So it had better not disappoint with no mention of Hyouta!

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
Or no first base >:O

Seriously though, I agree Tip, the writers are really unimpressive this time around.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Well, actually, I think the writers have been getting better in the D/P saga after their WTFFFFF in the latter half of AG, and the Battle Frontier. But still, the filler. Oh, the filler. > <

Um. How's about a topic to while away the time? Given that this thread is about the father and son... whaddya think happened to the mom? And how did that affect Tougan and Hyouta's relationship?

...And on that subject, what is up with invisible moms? So far all NPC immediate families consist solely of father and child:
Koga & Janine
Giovanni & GSC rival
Mr. Stone & Steven
Tougan & Hyouta
..and I guess you can count Falkner and his dad, too (I think that's only for PokeSpecial?).

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
I think there may have been a split, I don't know. I mean, think about it. They're father and son, have the same occupations, but live in different cities.

As for how that affects thier relationship all depends if you refer to a romantic relationship or a platonic family one.

And yes, Falkner/Hayato's father is mentioned in the games. A phonefriend tells you his father is even cooler and stronger than him.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
Ah, see, I never got that phonecall. Was it one of those Crystal-only calls?

And by relationship, well, I figure it could be both. Heck, maybe the abscence of the mother was the catalyst for a familial bond to sort of warp into a romantic one? It's possible, since most (or is it all?) abnormal family relationships come from "abnormal" families (i.e. not the perfect both parents happily married with 2.5 kids equation).

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
I actually roleplay that ship, as Tougan infact, and that's exactly what happened. Divorce from mother, father goes to other place, sees son, both romantic and sexual tension occur.

I did a loooot of IC backstory though I made up involving Tougan's own origins, however.

Swinubber

Manmooooooo
http://i12.*******.com/42vth4w.jpg

A funny image involving them, not necessarily being gay. I had to display it here for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.