• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4Kids Has Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal; Coming to Toonzai in October

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I have to say I already like Yuma more then Yusei. At least he has a personality. Perhaps I'll hold him in regards to Yugi and Jaden one day...or at least Jaden. I knew 5D's got cut for low ratings by 4kids, I didn't know that was the reason for GX. However that doesn't surprise me as the last season 4kids aired (Season 3) was my least favorite of the GX seasons and the only thing that made that season even worse then it actually was is the 4kids dub version of it. GX did leave plotholes season 4 or not, at least 5D's ended nicely in Japan. Wonder if Zexal's real ending will make it here?

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
I get the feeling that 4Kids is going to tone down Dr. Faker a bit when he appears, I just know it...

I have to say I already like Yuma more then Yusei. At least he has a personality. Perhaps I'll hold him in regards to Yugi and Jaden one day...or at least Jaden. I knew 5D's got cut for low ratings by 4kids, I didn't know that was the reason for GX. However that doesn't surprise me as the last season 4kids aired (Season 3) was my least favorite of the GX seasons and the only thing that made that season even worse then it actually was is the 4kids dub version of it. GX did leave plotholes season 4 or not, at least 5D's ended nicely in Japan. Wonder if Zexal's real ending will make it here?

Zexal has only been on in Japan since March, so we won't know if the ending will sucsessfully make it here until it actually happens in Japan.

SmartD

I watched Hope Rises Part One today. Tokunosuke is named Flip, which is fitting for his deck and his shady tactics. He sounds funny, like a nerd.

ZerosignerFTW

Mastermind trainer
Probably not. They must get some money from the TCG for them to still be airing Yu-Gi-Oh! though.

I will probably watch it.

1 its the new cards that made that show popular

2.i would watch at least ep 1 then i'll rant it about how goofy it is

Kaiserin

please wake up...
...Implying the three prior YGO series weren't goofy at their core too in some ways?

Also, I haven't been keeping up with the dub releases, but the stuff that's been coming out in Japan lately? Oh god yes, TSUKUMO FAMILY I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WANT TO TAKE YOU HOME WITH ME. ;_;

daveshan

My little friend
So far, Yuma's my favorite protagonist. The kid actually has flaws and isn't immediately the best duelist in the show. Without Astral, he stinks.

This is a nice change from every other Yugioh and most other Japanese cartoons in general.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Its not bad but it could be better Yugioh gx is when they were closest to making a solid protaginest deck/play style wise but the neospacians screwed things up. They need a protaginist that isn't the best duelist at the start but has a deck that has its own synergy(play style like burn defensive or offensive) and can adapt. The protaginist should learn how to use his deck to the best of his capabilities until the deck just can't beat someone and he is forced to upgrade it.

The new card type has potential, but is balanced by its strict requirements.

Also notrelated to this topic directley but 4kids cut out around half the 5ds episodes to launch zexal and didn't even show the main antagonist.

And lastley I still can't beleive Black Luster Soldier envoy of the beggining is unbanned even limited it was insane.

daveshan

My little friend
Its not bad but it could be better Yugioh gx is when they were closest to making a solid protaginest deck/play style wise but the neospacians screwed things up. They need a protaginist that isn't the best duelist at the start but has a deck that has its own synergy(play style like burn defensive or offensive) and can adapt. The protaginist should learn how to use his deck to the best of his capabilities until the deck just can't beat someone and he is forced to upgrade it.

I think that is what's happening. So far, every time a number card isn't on the line, he gets his butt handed to him so hard you'd think Kiba was dueling Tristan. And even when it's a plot-relevant duel, he still comes dangerously close to losing.

The new card type has potential, but is balanced by its strict requirements

The number cards or the XZ's?

SmartD

I saw "The Sparrow" today. Nelson is voiced by Joey's voice actor and sounds a bit like Syrus from GX.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I saw "The Sparrow" today. Nelson is voiced by Joey's voice actor and sounds a bit like Syrus from GX.

...Well, yeah, both of them are voiced by Wayne Grayson.

SmartD

Ya just watched the 7 dubbed parts on dubhappy website. Its an alright episode, a teen show for japan, but edited for kids in the US, Im ok with that.

Im sad 5ds isnt finished, I loved synchro monsters.

I never owned any cards past the original yugioh episodes lol

Yu-Gi-Oh! is for kids in Japan too, it's just that Japan has different views on what's acceptable for kids.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I think that is what's happening. So far, every time a number card isn't on the line, he gets his butt handed to him so hard you'd think Kiba was dueling Tristan. And even when it's a plot-relevant duel, he still comes dangerously close to losing.

The number cards or the XZ's?

1st Ya yuma does get his but kicked in every duel but they do that every duel any protaginest should have at least one duel where they completey stomp the competition without having to counter any huge strategy(crow did this with his blackwing in his first appearance.)

2nd their called XYZ but the y is sileint(very confusing for some people who remember the good old xyz union/fusion monsters) and I was pointing out that they balanced it pretty well considering how strong they are(hope that they don't make another card lik goyo after what happened to that card its just sad(banned but they unban black luster soldier envoy of the beggining)) also the number monsters are not as broken in the actual card game(they lack the only can be destroyed by a number effect.)

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
I really like yu gi oh zexal but now I just really want 4kids to lose their yu gi oh lisence. I dont care if they have to give it to another company or get new voice actors I just really want them to stop messing up with the franchise. They completely messed up yu gi oh gx and 5ds and i dont wanna see them mess up zexal. Imagen what would have happened to pokemon if they still had the rights. I fear it would have been bad. :(

Kaiserin

please wake up...
1st Ya yuma does get his but kicked in every duel but they do that every duel any protaginest should have at least one duel where they completey stomp the competition without having to counter any huge strategy(crow did this with his blackwing in his first appearance.)

2nd their called XYZ but the y is sileint(very confusing for some people who remember the good old xyz union/fusion monsters) and I was pointing out that they balanced it pretty well considering how strong they are(hope that they don't make another card lik goyo after what happened to that card its just sad(banned but they unban black luster soldier envoy of the beggining)) also the number monsters are not as broken in the actual card game(they lack the only can be destroyed by a number effect.)

...Compare Yuusei, though, who has a 100% perfect on-screen win record. :S

It's not uncommon for cards and archetypes that are a perfect gimmick for the show (such as the Earthbound Immortals being... well, pretty damn immortal, and the Numbers only being able to be destroyed by other Numbers) to get watered down a bit to fit the metagame of the real-life card game better. Thankfully, although I wouldn't be surprised if Konami still caters to certain deck types like they used to with Lightsworns and Blackwings, they seem to have gotten much better in analyzing what's currently going on and releasing new things that won't completely break it. Compared to the DM and GX eras, anyway.

SmartD

I watched The Sparrow part two today, it was a good episode. Yuma beats Nelson and gets Galaxy Queen.

The show will be on reruns until February. I want to see more episodes.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So they are giving Zexal a little break. No surprise. Series is good, better then I expected but I can't help but feel like if you have the time to rerun the series then surely you could finish GX and 5D's. Not that I'm complaining since 4kids screwed up GX so bad I'm happy season 4 wasn't dubbed by them. 5D's could have been finished. Unlike GX it wasn't a total trainwreck dub wise.