• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4Kids release raw Yu-Gi-Oh!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
The North American television licensing and distribution company 4Kids has posted the first two unedited episodes of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters anime series on the YouTube website with Japanese dialogue, but with no English dialogue option or subtitles. 4Kids has also posted the first two episodes of the English-dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! release. The episodes are available to viewers with American Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

Thank you to Derek Wallace for the news tip.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-18/4kids-posts-2-yu-gi-oh-episodes-in-raw-japanese

Honestly, this is the last thing I'd expect 4Kids to do, to actually give people the option of watching the original Japanese. The lack of subtitles, however, is going to alienate a few people, but Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't so complex it needs cliff notes.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Not exactly, but the anime is a bit heavy on dialouge with all the card effects what not (moreso in the later seasons).

I dunno how I feel about this...:/
It's neat, but not exactly 4kids putting effort into it like creating decent subs.

ForeverFlame

Now all they need to do is add subs. Or maybe they could continue releasing uncut DVDs? I know they didn't sell, but I thought it was a good idea. :/

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
Not exactly, but the anime is a bit heavy on dialouge with all the card effects what not (moreso in the later seasons).

I dunno how I feel about this...:/
It's neat, but not exactly 4kids putting effort into it like creating decent subs.

It's likely that we'll get subs in the future. After all, they can always add them to the uploaded videos.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
And once more 4Kids completely misses the point.

Chris

Old Coot
They're working on the subs. It's not easy adding subtitles.

They also gave a nod towards YGO Abridged.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet

Alfonso

Derpgull
They're working on the subs. It's not easy adding subtitles.

They also gave a nod towards YGO Abridged.

What sort of nod?

The last time 4Kids gave a 'nod' towards YGO Abridged was when humor suspiciously Abridged like started appearing in Early Season 3 YGO GX.

Chris

Old Coot
[img139]http://www.yugiohabridged.com/awesomestuff/4kidswuvsus.jpg[/img139]

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What sort of nod?

The last time 4Kids gave a 'nod' towards YGO Abridged was when humor suspiciously Abridged like started appearing in Early Season 3 YGO GX.

*facepalm* You know, if it was any other company, people would be HAPPY that they clue into what fans like. But when 4Kids does it, it's "suspicious"? Maybe the sensible people who work there are finally realizing that they know better than the morons in charge and have put their very real talents to good use.

Alfonso

Derpgull
*facepalm* You know, if it was any other company, people would be HAPPY that they clue into what fans like. But when 4Kids does it, it's "suspicious"? Maybe the sensible people who work there are finally realizing that they know better than the morons in charge and have put their very real talents to good use.

No, I would rather dub companies not look towards online parodies, web comics or anything of the sort and then attempt to emulate that sort of humor in what they produce.

Regardless of whether it is 4Kids or not.

They eventually stopped doing it, so it doesn't really matter but this thread reminded me. Early GX Season 3 *was* bizarre though, what with Abridged-like humor, a Scooby Doo reference and accents flying around like no tomorrow.

Just for the record, I do like 4Kids. I wasn't targetting out as a bad company by saying what they do is 'suspicious'.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Yes to dub!Season 4.

4Kids basically did the exact same thing that NAS did, or whoever told the writers to cut Season 4 in half cause they were all YUGIOH FAIBU DIISU.

At this point they'd be better off releasing it on DVD, slapping a 'never before seen episodes' tag on it, promising the 'real' ending to GX.

Alfonso

Derpgull
GX had a pretty lame ending imo.

Personally I think they should focus on 5d's as it's much better in my opinion.

The reason it was lame WAS because they had to cut it so short for 5Ds.

Season 4 was shaping up to be pretty good but suffered near the end as it was basically sliced in half to let 5Ds slip in. I personally enjoyed GX, but because the show never really 'found' itself it will forever remain the black sleep of the anime family due to poor ratings and we'll probably never see anything GX-related ever again.

I do like 5Ds, but I really do not like Jack/Carly. And as much as this sounds pathetic, something like that being shoved in my face REALLY does put me off something.

GX Manga is great stuff though. :3

Rave

Banned
This has to be some early April Fools scam.

Rave

Banned
This has to be some early April Fools scam.