• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4Kids will be dubbing the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" special and . . .

GaZsTiC

Alternating
i don't see nothing wrong with it, at least we have someone dubbing it. i actually like all the dubbing that 4kids did to yugioh.

The almost completely changed the nature of the show. Down with 4Kids!

cohenmarioman

Is this the wrong place to mention 4kids has aquired Broadcast and Streaming rights to Dragon Ball Kai?

No, I am not joking, here is the sauce

And Yugioh is meant for kids, they only made it more for American kids.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, kind of. But that's interesting - I wonder why FUNimation aren't going to dub it.

Nothing wrong with more 4kids info lol. Well it doesn't say 4kids is dubbing the series. It just says 4Kids has the broadcasting and streaming rights now. It says they've reached an agreement with FUNimation so perhaps FUNimation is dubbing the series but it'll air on 4kids TV and the 4Kids site? I don't know what to expect out of 4kids anymore. I have no particular feelings for DBZ in so I guess it wouldn't bother me even if 4kids dubbed it. It just seems really sudden for some reason. It's like 4Kids wants to air several new anime several years after they've lost the rights to some of the bigger anime.

Anyway, it's fun to talk about all the changes 4Kids is going through now that they've hit a corner almost. Yugioh really is 4Kids' last major anime as it's survived so long; almost 10 years now. I don't always agree with what 4kids does to anime but it looks like nothing bad can come of it dubbing more Yugioh, that newer series called Taichi Chasers, or possibly DBZ Kai. I expect great things from the Yugioh special and hopefully it's not too chessy as most of the dubbed episodes are, same goes for Taichi Chasers even though it looks a lot like Bakugan.

Last edited:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Is this the wrong place to mention 4kids has aquired Broadcast and Streaming rights to Dragon Ball Kai?

No, I am not joking, here is the sauce

And Yugioh is meant for kids, they only made it more for American kids.

Being a Shonen anime/manga, it's actual demographic in Japan is middle schoolers through high school. Henceforth why it, and many other animes aimed at small Saturday-morning-cartoon-watching kids over here are so much more popular among older teens.

Hence why there are so many themes of death and violence and general evil-doing in the show, which is completely censored out for the dubbing. It's one thing when you have to change something for the show to fit the (for whatever reason changed because card games = little kids) demographic here in the US, but when you actually need to tweak the plot itself, and make so many edits to it, there's probably something up.

yes, it is another way to say source. It is kinda big on Pojo

And the rest of the internet.

cohenmarioman

Siriknight, did you know out of the audiences of the Yugioh 10th Anniversary movie, more than half of them were around the age of 12 and under? Sure, when Yugioh was in shonen it was aimed a bit higher, but now it is around the same as it is here. It is still a bit over Pokemon's target though.

I would say around ages 6-12

cohenmarioman

Siriknight, did you know out of the audiences of the Yugioh 10th Anniversary movie, more than half of them were around the age of 12 and under? Sure, when Yugioh was in shonen it was aimed a bit higher, but now it is around the same as it is here. It is still a bit over Pokemon's target though.

GaZsTiC

Alternating

Actually, I think Yu-Gi-Oh!'s demographic range IS middle schoolers in Japan. The reason it is lower outside of Japan is mainly due to the way the content in it is changed and the difference in sub-culture. AKA It would seem normal for someone of the age of 14 to watch 5D's in Japan, but abnormal for someone of the same age in the US to watch it.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Demographic was changed sheerly out of advertising. 4Kids wanted to build on the success of Pokemon's richness-inducing merchandise, by trying to suck more money out of kids' parents. Sure, it's always gonna be an advertisement in some way, but it wasn't always meant to be like that, unlike Pokemon, which was made after the games came out.

And I'm pretty sure the the other half of viewers for the movie were 15+ guys trying to download it or who were avid fans since day 1.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Demographic was changed sheerly out of advertising. 4Kids wanted to build on the success of Pokemon's richness-inducing merchandise, by trying to suck more money out of kids' parents. Sure, it's always gonna be an advertisement in some way, but it wasn't always meant to be like that, unlike Pokemon, which was made after the games came out.

And I'm pretty sure the the other half of viewers for the movie were 15+ guys trying to download it or who were avid fans since day 1.

i think they "need" to go back 2 Square 1 and Rethink how they want to get Ratings back like the pokemon series and bleach series and Naruto series all those are on 3 different networks but they still verry poppular bring back the good stuff not the trashy cartoons that they made up and its EpicFail.

i think they "need" to go back 2 Square 1 and Rethink how they want to get Ratings back like the pokemon series and bleach series and Naruto series all those are on 3 different networks but they still verry poppular bring back the good stuff not the trashy cartoons that they made up and its EpicFail.

sorry for the 3x post my mobile web browser is experiencing difficulties.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear

What? Anime series are on different channels because American broadcasting companies have the rights to them. They get good ratings because they're on popular stations like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network; Yugioh also broadcasting on WB.

Half of the cartoons you see nowadays aren't that bad anyway. Adventure Time, Flapjack, pretty much the new stuff on CN are pretty popular among veteran viewers who realize they're written darn well, and younger ones who enjoy the colors and an art style that appeals to them. Those who don't like it are the ones in the middles who think they know what good cartoons were, and shun anything that "dares try to be good because they are new and are incapable of being good".

In fact what does this even have to do with the thread?

cohenmarioman

I think I should just add in that reruns of 5Ds get better ratings than new episodes of Pokemon DP. 4kids might not get such good ratings, but they get better than what this site is focused at.