• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh rights terminated; 4Kids sued for fraud

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
Yeah, I'm celebrating 4kids downfall of epic WIN for their epic FAILNESS! Minus the TMNT which was the only thing left pretty much untouched. But they manage to kill that too when the skipped season five and went to TMNT Fast Forward. So, yea they kill everything they get their hands on. Hopefully someone decent will pick up the pieces that 4kids have destroyed.

I stopped watching when they did Fast Forward and the cyber series. Honestly, it doesn't even feel like TMNT anymore. But everything before that, golden.

Sporetox

Soul Keeper
I wonder if this is the end of Yu-Gi-Oh forever? It was a great show that I know alot of people would hate to lose. 4kids has nothing to fall back on so they're doomed. Maybe Little Kuriboh won't have to worry about 4kids bots now.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The only series they raped was One Piece everything else was fine. You people overeact wayyyy to much!
If you actually watched dubs of this damn decade, you'd know that it isn't an overreaction and that their dubs are not fine.

I wonder if this is the end of Yu-Gi-Oh forever? It was a great show that I know alot of people would hate to lose. 4kids has nothing to fall back on so they're doomed. Maybe Little Kuriboh won't have to worry about 4kids bots now.
Someone else will pick it up to continue with the cash-cow.

Sergeant

The return of shroom
DAN GREEN!!!

Seriously, they made DAN GREEN a screaming voice over actor. I mean did 4kids come to DAN GREEN and said, "We want you DAN GREEN, to scram every single chance you can get. This will go with your role of Yugi Moto, Knuckles, and all of your other characters you will voice over, in our crappy dubbed anime. Okay DAN GREEN do you agree." Unfortunately they didn’t give him much of a choice.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
DAN GREEN!!!

Seriously, they made DAN GREEN a screaming voice over actor. I mean did 4kids come to DAN GREEN and said, "We want you DAN GREEN, to scram every single chance you can get. This will go with your role of Yugi Moto, Knuckles, and all of your other characters you will voice over, in our crappy dubbed anime. Okay DAN GREEN do you agree." Unfortunately they didn’t give him much of a choice.

...um... I don't think that was the case at first...

And even if that was their motif from the beginning, they didn't tell Dan Green. Even then, it made him well-known, for both the positive and negative reasons.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
...um... I don't think that was the case at first...

And even if that was their motif from the beginning, they didn't tell Dan Green. Even then, it made him well-known, for both the positive and negative reasons.
Dan Green either way was given the wrong direction under 4kids. He's pretty good at the voice he does but he can't really go against the direction he's given.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

I don't even think 4Kids cares that much about LK nowadays; it seems to be just YT and those that hate his work that screw around and get him ban for 100th time. Other 4Kids abridged series are practically never targeted and banned.

Someone else will pick it up to continue with the cash-cow.

I say Funi since they've taken from 4Kids before, are in pretty good standing, and most likely wouldn't mind having more cash cows to promote. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do with it; maybe they'll ask what dub voice actors fans want like they did for Slayers. That or Toei will take it back and put it up for streaming on Crunchyroll. Of course, Viz can be the underdog with owning the manga rights and all.

Sporetox

Soul Keeper
CBS and Time Warner own half of Toonzai. They'll probably just make a deal with Viz or something and get Kekkaishi and Inuyasha TFA to replace Sonic and Yu-Gi-Oh

Who wouldn't love to see 4kids ruin Inuyasha? They cut ONE PIECE horribly, besides, Inuyasha is already on Adult Swim, they wouldn't sell the rights to a dying company.

Vernikova

Champion
Who wouldn't love to see 4kids ruin Inuyasha? They cut ONE PIECE horribly, besides, Inuyasha is already on Adult Swim, they wouldn't sell the rights to a dying company.

4Kids wouldn't touch it if they were gone. Also, just because Inuyasha is on Adult Swim doesn't mean Inuyasha: The Final Act can't be on Toonzai or whatever.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
26 episode shows don't go over well with kids. Can't market off of re-runs that be played twice in one year.

Lol, how true.

I could have sworn Cubix was one of those kinds of shows, though. I do remember that it took forever for new episodes to come out.