• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh rights terminated; 4Kids sued for fraud

Vernikova

Champion
Lol, how true.

I could have sworn Cubix was one of those kinds of shows, though. I do remember that it took forever for new episodes to come out.

That's because Cubix only has 26 episodes itself.

Autis-misc

Abridger
does this mean there wont be a dinosaur king movie? it was the only good show that ever came out of 4kids since it was barely dubbed and had the same storyline as the original, in which i seem to not find.

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Leo Burnett and 4kids are the devil!

Sorry, I just had to.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
wow that really sucks for 4kids damn

Okay, just got to put my two cents in on this matter.

And first let me say that I am not going to read 240+ posts to get where this argument is going.

First, for some reason I actually feel bad inside for being so joyous that 4Kids is dying. IDK why, but I think it is my conscience. Maybe because they once dubbed Pokemon. Sort of made up a lot of my childhood.

Second, and probably most important to the anime fan base, who will get the rights to YGOZ? I mean seriously

Thirdly, most important to me, what will become of YTAS? I mean, LK just got on good terms with 4Kids, and now he will have to deal with Japanese, American, and UK copyright law(The anime is Japan, dubbed in America (pun intended), and he lives in the UK.) How will the companies deal with LK (And other Abridgers)? They don't benefit from the boost to the fan bases (4Kids were the only ones that really profitted for reasons which they have been basically sued for). So why not shut him down? Unless TV Tokyo and crew decide they will hold the rights and DUB it themselves, they will have no reason for LK. LONG LIVE LK AND YTAS!!!!

Fourth, probably a new thought being brought to the table (Lets see how long it lasts), because of the profits that 4Kids, saw in YTAS due to increase in the fanbase, which would contribute to the money which 4Kids got through unstandardized means, I guess you could say that Little Kuriboh and YuGiOh the Abridged Series (Now the Cancelled Series) helped to bring about the end of 4Kids. Think about it.

And finally, my personal opinion of 4Kids: Fallen angel cast to hell by the Japanese anime gods. Never to arise again. Ever. At least that's what we hope.

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
Reminds me of the song in "The Sound of Music"
So long, Fair well!

ForeverFlame

Newcomers never read the thread do they?

4kids isn't being sued for fraud, all they did was within the terms of the law and their contracts.

It`s not like you read the thread either. No one mentioned 4Kids`s fraudulent practices in over two weeks. It`s basically just been "DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!" for the past twenty posts.