• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Evolutions

~Heaven Help Us~

do you think in the next generation they should give some pokemon a 4th evolve?

ex: geodude-graveller-golem-next evolve

i think they should that would be cool.

No, I don't think so, 3 seems to be good enough. The starters only have 3, and they're partly considered the ones with the most evos.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
I believe three is enough. Some of the third evolutions this generation weren't really that good or useful.

Wind

Beak gaurdin'
If you look at Porygon-z, Z is the last letter in the alphabet and so, Porygon-Z is the last of the porygons and so there will be no more, plus all the final forms look complete anyway.

Poison13

Poison Master
I don't think so because of what purple absol709 said and because if anything, they will add a new type, not a 4th evollution.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
I don't think they should add 4th evo's.
However, some more variable evolutions would be neat. ie/ Poliwrath - Politoad

Tatortot

Yessssss, master!
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. The thing is, if we gave some pokes 4th evos, then they would have to have higher stats, which means most pokemon would have to have a 4th evos so they wouldn't be left behind. Alternate evos, maybe, but 4th evos, highly unlikely.

~Heaven Help Us~

If you look at Porygon-z, Z is the last letter in the alphabet and so, Porygon-Z is the last of the porygons and so there will be no more, plus all the final forms look complete anyway.
yeah but they say in the description that porygon-z is a messed up porygon wat if they make a 4th one of a porygon that goes back to normal liike its strogner idk how to explain it.

3rd stage Pokemon are usually strong enough so what's the point?
I don't like this idea one bit.
I mean what comes after that, Pokemon with three types? Dual-type moves?
Ew.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
well thats your opinion but some people may like this idea.idk

I wouldn't.
Three types would create so much confusion with resistances and weaknesses. What now, possible 6x super effectives?
Same thing for the Dual-types. The damage multipliers would be like... x__x.

And sure, some people think fourth evolutions would be good, but some third evolutions are already strong.

Tomato Jr.

seeing the job they have done on some of my favourite pokemons new evos in D/P (particually Rhyperior, but also tangrowth and lickilicky) i don't want them messing up any more.
EDIT: My God, i forgot Probopass again. when critising the new evos i always forget probopass and he is the worst of the lot. Except Rhyperior.
if there is fourth evos, they would have to keep them to new pokemon only- and this wouldn't really be fair.
i am all for more alternate evos, but not a fourth.

Leomon

The digital warrior
nope, this is one of the few things i dont want, it would ruin it all, making a fourth evolution would ruin the games for me atleast.

Pit1Freedom

Johto Trainer
Ew.

OMG ;_; Fire/Ground/Rock type pokemon up against a pokemon who has a Dual Type move of Water/Ground that hits the Fire/Ground/Rock equals ___x amount of damage. *Faints* My brain hurts already ;_;

Back to the discussion, I think three forms are enough. Adding a new porygon Evo where a Porygon-Z would evolve by trade? uck. Maybe where you could choose between a new Porygon evo or Porygon-Z when trading, like "Have porgyon2 hold dubious disc while trading to evolve into Porygon-Z. Have Porygon2 Hold [Inster new item name here] while trading to evolve into [Inster New Pokemon's name here]"

EDIT: If there was a new pokemon in the 5th gen and it had four evos, it would be like a Caterpie. Then a Metapod. Then a Kakuna. Then a Butterfree. Basically it would be three really not good pokemon evolving into a decent pokemon to make things fair. Not like Bagon evolves into Gabite which evolves into Garchomp which evolves into MegaSaur with base 200 stats. >_>

Then again, a pokemon like that would be pretty cool o.o *imagines overpowered Garchomp evo*

No Fourth Evolutions!!! >=O

Last edited:

Master Mew

yeah that would be too confusing and hard 2 calculate damage

PsychicPsycho

Ew.

Well, if you look at some of the weaker third evolutions, there's room for improvement. Like Butterfree; with 0 IVs and neutral nature, it has 905 total stats. With the same IVs and nature, Dragonite has 1335 total stats. I don't think giving Butterfree (or a comparable pokemon) a 4th evo would shift the balance of power that much.

As far as dual type moves and 3-type pokemon, those things may make things little more complicated, but they could be cool/appropriate. Like Gyarados is Water-Flying. At first, I thought it was Water-Dragon. I think convinicing arguements could be made that they could be Water-Flying, Water-Dragon, or Dragon-Flying, so making it Dragon-Water-Flying wouldn't be far fetched to me.

And dual type attacks could be really neat. Like Lanturn; it's Electric-Water. If it had an attack where it blasted water and infused it with electricity (Hydro Thunder?) I think that'd be pretty cool.