• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen FAQs/Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
4TH GENERATION FAQ/GUIDES

Post Index:

DP FAQ - this post!
Platinum FAQ
Sinnoh Dex Listing (where to catch those Pokemon)
Platinum Storyline Changes
HGSS FAQ
PokeWalker Guide
DPPt EV Guide

-----------------

Diamond and Pearl FAQ
Platinum FAQ starts later ):

Q1 - How do I get National Dex?
A: You must see every Pokémon fro m Sinnoh Pokedex and beat Elite Four. Dialga/Palkia can be added in Pokedex reading a book in Celestic Town in Cynthia's house (Biggest house in city). Then all the other Pokémon can be seen battling with trainers in Sinnoh.
After you accomplish those, go to Rowan's Lab and he'll give you National Dex with PokéRadar.
~~A link about where to find all Pokémon for National déx~~
EDIT: According to Jigglychu, you don't need to beat E4 to get National Déx. Just acquire all 150 Sinnoh Pokémon registred in Sinnoh Déx (excluding Manaphy).

Q2 - How do I get to Route 224?
A: Get National Dex and go through Victory Road's last room. An entrance someone was blocking is now free and after a quest with Marley and her Arcanine, you'll get to the route. You may need HMs to go there.

Q3 - How do I get to Wi-Fi? Do I have to pay?
You need broadband internet and Nintendo's USB connector or a wireless router. Everything is well explained here.

Q4 - I battled with 12 Gastly holding Power Lens and it just got +2 Special Attack! What's wrong? Shouldn't it get +15?

A: No. The Pokémon doesn't get immediate EVs during a level up. EVs are gradually considered and they'll all be added when a Pokémon reaches level 100. Even if it's in Wi-Fi.

Q5 - How do I chain for shinies?
A very well explained guide even with videos is here
Remember the random encounter for shiny Pokémon is 1/8192. With PokeRadar, chaining to get a shiny is easier, but unfortunately you can't chain for overworld Pokémon, like Drifloon, Rotom, legendaries overall or Pokémon found in surf/fish areas.

Q6 - How do I soft reset?
Hold L+R+Start+Select. Soft resetting makes your battery live longer and works faster when compared with just Turning off/on.

Q7 - How can I get Feebas and how can I evolve it?
A: Feebas is probably the rarest Pokémon found in wild. They are found in Mt.Coronet. Fishing with Old Rod will give you higher chances to find it faster because all this Rod gets is Magikarp and Feebas.
To evolve Feebas is reccomended you save before feeding Feebas Poffins. Then give it Poffins made by Ganlon or Pamtre berries. Ganlon berries can be found in 3D games (Colosseum, XD, PBR) and Pamtre can be found in Amity Square random encounter.
There's this video in YouTube that will help you.

Q8 - Do I need Wi-Fi to go to Sinnoh's Underground?
A: No. DS will simply start it's wireless function, you won't need Wi-Fi or someone next to you to go Underground.
You can go there by yourself to dig for fossils and cre ate your secret base.

Q9 - I tried to release an Azumarril but it returned!? Is my game glitched?
A: It's not glitched. When a Pokémon knows an HM that no other Pokémon has in your box and you release it, the Pokémon will return. Just teach the HM it knows to another Pokémon and it should be fine.

Q10 - I deposited a Pokémon in GTS and after a few months I went check GTS and it disappeared!?
A: It is normal. It is explained in Pokémon Diamond/Pearl's guide that comes with your game that a Pokémon can disapear fr om GTS.

Q11 - Where can I find Move Relearner, Nickname rater and Move deleter?
A: Relearner is in Pastoria City, in a house near the lake.
Nickname rater is an oldman in Eterna city in building next to the market.
Move deleter is in Canalave Town in a house below Pokémon market.

Q12 - Where can I find <insert TM here>?
A: Check this. There's a complete list there.

Q13 - I heared Pokémon that requires trading can evolve without trading with someone, is that true?
A: Yes. more info in this thread.

Q14 - How can I do the cloning glitch in DP's GTS? Is it safe?
Check this thread for it. And yes, you must not worry about your game file and must not pay attention to those who said file got corrupted. it's 100% safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Platinum FAQ + Guide to Completing the Sinnoh Dex + Platinum Storyline Changes

Approved by Erik Destler.

This thread is for frequently asked questions about Pokemon Platinum.

Please read before asking any questions as many common questions shall be answered here.

Please go to the Pokemon Platinum help thread if what you are looking for is not found here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This FAQ will be expanded further whenever I have the time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful links-
-Terminology Translation Guides
(Note: The links below are the same translation links provided by Misaki-Chi.)
*Quick Link 1- Types and movelist
*Quick Link 2- Natures and stat names
*Quck link 3- Items
*Quick Link 4- Characters
*Quick link 5- Locations

Q1. Is there any exclusive Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum?
A. Yes, there is. Click here and find out.

Q2. Is the PokeRadar chaining method still the same?
A. It sure is. If you still have not learned how to use the PokeRadar, Click here

Q3. Are there any Pokemon that I can no longer find in Pokemon Platinum?
A. Yes, some Pokemon are missing. Click here to see the missing Pokemon page

Q4. What new places and new things does Pokemon Platinum offer me?
A. Pokemon Platinum has the Torn World and the Battle frontier. Oh, and you can now battle in Pokemon Centeres!

Q5. Are the Frontier Brains the same as the ones in Pokemon Emerald?
A. No, they are not. All of them are new and pretty tough Frontier Brains. Click here to get full detail.

Q6. Are the gyms still the same? And do the Gym leaders have any new Pokemon?
A. The format for the gyms have changed. Some gyms only have minor enhancements. As for the gym leaders Pokemon, some have gotten new teams. Click here to find out more.

Q7. Do I still get gift Pokemon?
A. Yes, you do. There is now 4 gift Pokemon you can receive. Click here to find out how to get them.

Q8. Do the Elite Four still have the same Pokemon?
A. Every Elite Four have added new Pokemon to their team. Click here to get full detail on the Elite Four.

Q9. I have completed Stark Mountain. What next?
A. After you have completed Stark Mountain you get to access a Café in the Survival Area. Click here for more detail

Q10. Is the Sinnoh Dex still the same?
A. No, it is not. The Sinnoh Dex now holds about 60 more Pokemon than Diamond and Pearl. Click here to see the new Sinnoh Dex.

Q11. Does Pokemon Platinum have any new legendary Pokemon?
A. Yes, it does. They are Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. Just a side note, you can now obtain both Palkia and Dialga in Pokemon Platinum. Click here to find out more.

Q12. I heard there is now new roaming Pokemon. Is that true? If so, who are they?
A. You heard right, there is now new roaming Pokemon you can find in Sinnoh. They are Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Click here to get full detail.

Q13. Do I still get to battle my rival every weekend?
A. Yes, you do. And guess what, he gets stronger! Click here to get full detail.

Q14. Are the swarming, Great Marsh, Trophy Garden, and PokeRadar Pokemon still the same?
A. For the most part they are the same. However, some new Pokemon have been added.
Click here to visit the Swarming Pokemon page.
Click here to visit the PokeRadar Pokemon page.
Click here to visit the Trophy Garden page.
Click here to visit the Great Marsh page.

Q15. What happens when I insert my 3rd generation games while Playing Pokemon Platinum?
A. When you insert any 3rd generation game while playing Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon that you normally would not find in the wild while playing Pokemon Platinum alone will pop out. Click here to get full detail.

Q16. Where can I find <insert TM/HM here> in Pokémon Platinum?
A. Click here to get the full list.

Q17. Is it true that Pokémon Platinum has new Wi-Fi enhancements?
A. Yes, it is true. Click here to view all the new Wi-Fi enhancements.

Q18. I heard there was two new main characters in Pokémon Platinum. Who are they?
A. They are a Detective and a Team Galactic professor. Click here for more detail.

Q19. I love Amity Square, however, I wish more Pokémon were added. Does Pokémon Platinum include new Pokémon for Amity Square?
A. Yes, it does. You can now take your 4th Gen. starter Pokémon and few others with you! Click here for more detail.

Q20. Hey, you said that I could get the Regis in my Pokemon Platinum! Howcome I cannot find them?
A. Well, the only way you can activate the Regi chambers in Pokemon Platinum is by obtaining a Regigigas from Japan from movie 11. This Regigigas activates the chambers to the Regis. Click here for more detail.

Q21. I imported Pokemon Platinum and I do not understand Japanese very well and I want to get Mystery gift. Is there a page where it shows how to get it?
A. Yes, there is. SPP has provided a page where it shows us how to obtain Mystery gift. Click here to find out how.

Q22. I heard that there are Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum with new forms. Who are they?
A. The Pokemon with new forms are Rotom, Shaymin, and Giratina. Click here to obtain full detail.

Q23. Uhh, what is the deal with Rotom? I cannot seem to find a way to obtain his new forms. What gives?
A. In order to obtain Rotoms new form you must obtain Mystery gift and get the Secret Key over Wi-Fi in Japan. Still confused? Click here for more detail concerning Rotom.

Q24. Are there any daily/weekly events in Pokemon Platinum?
A. There sure are! These daily/weekly events range from getting berries to getting Pokemon. Click here to get full detail on daily/weekly events.

Q25. I am trying to obtain the Poketch applications. Where do I find them?
A. Click here to find all the Poketch Apps.

Q26. Is the Veilstone department store still the same?
A. Yes and no. The first few floors contain the same things that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl had. However, Pokemon Platinum introduced a new floor to the Veilstone department store. In this floor you can buy useful berries, poffins, and Lava cookies. Click here to get full detail.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Guide to Completing the Sinnoh Dex

I figured that since Platinum shall be released in the US in a few months, people are going to ask where to find ________ to complete the Sinnoh Dex.

How to Use this Guide:
If a location has no parentheses, it only appears in the wild there and no trainers have one in that location.

If a location has parentheses and one or more trainer class, trainer(s) there of those classes have one on their team.

If a location has parentheses, one or more trainer class, and Wild in it, it is both found with a trainer and in the wild.

If a location has parentheses, a trainer class, and the phrase "in PKMN Center", then the trainer is at that location, inside the Pokemon Center.

I have put numbers by them, so if you don't know which Pokemon is what number, you can just hit Ctrl+F(Or whatever your equivalent is) and type in the number. You can also do so with names(Plus I recommend it)

1. Turtwig: Route 201(Rival/Starter), Jubilife City(Dawn/Lucas), Eterna Gym(Gardenia)
2. Grotle: Heathome City(Rival), Veilstone City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 210 North(Ace Trainer)
3. Torterra: Evolve Torterra, Canalave City(Rival), Victory Road(Veteran)
4. Chimchar: Route 201(Rival/Starter), Jubilife City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 207
5. Monferno: Hearthome City(Rival), Veilstone City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 212 South(Pokémon Ranger)
6. Infernape: Canalave City(Rival), Pokémon League(Flint)
7. Piplup: Route 201(Rival/Starter), Jubilife City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 205 South
8. Prinplup: Hearthome City(Rival), Veilstone City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 212 North(Rich Boy
9. Empoleon: Canalave City(rival), Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
10. Starly: Route 201, Lake Verity, Route 202(Lass/Wild), Route 203(Rival/Wild), Oreburgh Gate(Camper), Route 204, Route 211 East
11. Staravia: Route 206, Wayward Cave(Youngster), Hearthome City(Rival), Route 209(Jogger/Wild), Route 210 South, Route 215(Jogger/Wild), Valor Lakefront, Great Marsh, Trophy Garden, Route 212 North, Lake Valor, Sendoff Spring
12. Staraptor: Canalave City(Rival), Route 221(Ace Trainer), Victory Road(Veteran/Double Team)
13. Bidoof: Route 201, Lake Verity, Route 202(Youngster/Wild), Route 203(Lass/Wild), Oreburgh Gate(Picnicker), Route 204, Route 205, Eterna Forest, Route 211 East, Route 208
14. Bibarel: Route 208, Route 209, Valor Lakefront, Pastoria Gym(Tuber), Great Marsh, Route 212 South, Route 210 North, Lake Valor, Lake Acuity, Route 223(Swimmer), Sendoff Spring
15. Kricketot: Route 201, Route 202, Route 203(Youngster), Route 207, Route 204, Eterna Forest, Route 205 North
16. Kricketune: Route 206, Valor Lakefront, Pastoria City(Guitarist in PKMN Center), Trophy Garden, Route 218, Canalave City(Guitarist in PKMN Center), Sunyshore City(Guitarist in PKMN Center)
17. Shinx: Route 202, Jubilife City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Route 203(Youngster/Wild), Oreburgh Gate(Camper), Route 204, Valley Windworks, Route 206(Cyclist), Wayward Cave(Camper), Hearthome City(Reporter in PKMN Center)
18. Luxio: Route 207(Youngster), Route 209(Jogger), Route 210 South(Rancher), Route 215(Jogger), Route 212 North(Pokémon Ranger), Route 222, Sunyshore Gym(School Kid/Guitarist)
19. Luxray: Sunyshore Gym(Volkner), Jubilife City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Route 222(Rich Boy),
20. Abra: Route 203(Youngster/Wild), Eterna Forest(Psychic), Route 215
21. Kadabra: Route 215, Veilstone City(Dawn/Lucas), Route 214(Psychic)
22. Alakazam: Pastoria City(Clown in PKMN Center), Celestic Town(Clown in PKMN Center), Pokémon League(Lucian)
23. Magikarp: Most Waterways, Route 204 South(Youngster), Route 205 North(Fisherman), Route 222(Fisherman)
24. Gyrados: Route 208(Fisherman), Route 213(Swimmer/Beauty), Pastoria Gym(Sailor/Crasher Wake), Route 212 South(Fisherman/Parasol Lady), Route 210 North(Double Team), Route 218(Fisherman), Veilstone Galactic Building(Cyrus), Route 222(Fisherman), Route 223(Swimmer)
25. Budew: Route 203(Lass), Route 204 South(Lass/Wild), Route 204 North(Aroma Lady/Wild), Eterna Forest, Route 205 North, Eterna Gym(Aroma Lady), Route 208, Route 209(Pokémon Breeder)
26. Roselia: Route 205 South(Aroma Lady), Eterna Gym(Lass/Aroma Lady), Route 208(Aroma Lady), Hearthome City(Rival if you didn’t choose Piplup), Route 209, Route 210 South, Route 215(Ace Trainer), Great Marsh, Trophy Garden, Route 212 North(Socialite/Wild), Route 221
27. Roserade: Eterna Gym(Gardenia), Canalave City(Rival if you DIDN’T choose Piplup), Pokémon League(Cynthia)
28. Zubat: Oreburgh Gate, Oreburgh Mine, Route 207, Route 204, Valley Windworks(Grunt/Mars), Eterna Galactic Building(Grunt/Jupiter), Route 211 West(Hiker/Ninja Boy/Wild), Mt. Coronet, Route 206, Wayward Cave, Route 208, Route 209, Route 210 South(Ninja Boy), Veilstone City(Grunt), Route 210 North(Ninja Boy), Route 211 East, Iron Island, Route 216, Lost Tower
29. Golbat: Lake Verity(Grunt), Oreburgh Gate, Route 210 North(Ninja Boy/Ace Trainer), Celestic Town(Cyrus), Iron Island, Lake Valor(Grunt/Saturn), Mt. Coronet(Grunt/Wild), Route 217(Ninja Boy), Galactic Warehouse(Grunt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Grunt/Saturn), Spear Pillar(Mars/Jupiter), Victory Road, Sendoff Spring
30. Crobat: Veilstone Galactic Building(Cyrus)
31. Geodude: Oreburgh Gate, Oreburgh Gym(Youngster/Roark), Oreburgh Mine(Worker/Wild), Route 207(Hiker/Wild), Route 204 North(Twins), Route 205 South(Hiker), Route 211 West(Hiker), Mt. Coronet, Route 206, Wayward Cave(Hiker/Wild), Solaceon Ruins(Ruin Maniac), Route 210 South, Route 215, Ruin’s Maniac’s Cave/Tunnel, Iron Island(Worker/Wild)
32. Graveler: Route 208(Hiker), Route 215, Route 211 West, Iron Island(Worker/Wild), Mt. Coronet, Route 216, Victory Road, Sendoff Spring
33. Golem: Pokémon League(Bertha)
34. Onix: Oreburgh Gym(Youngster/Roark), Oreburgh Mine, Route 207(Hiker), Route 205 South), Route 211 West, Route 206(Hiker), Wayward Cave(Hiker/Wild), Route 208(Hiker), Iron Island(Hiker/Wild), Victory Road
35. Steelix: Canalave Gym(Black Belt/Byron), Iron Island(Worker/Wild), Victory Road
36. Cranidos: Oreburgh Gym(Roark), Route 215(Ruin Maniac)
37. Rampardos: Victory Road(Dragon Tamer)
38. Shieldon: Route 215(Ruin Maniac), Route 214(Ruin Maniac)
39. Bastiodon: Canalave Gym(Byron),
40. Machop: Route 203(Youngster), Oreburgh Mine(Worker), Route 207(Battle Girl/Wild), Route 211 West, Route 206, Mt. Coronet, Route 208(Black Belt), Route 215(Black Belt), Veilstone Gym(Black Belt), Route 212 South(Policeman), Route 212 North(Policeman), Route 210 North, Iron Island(Worker), Fuego Ironworks(Worker)
41. Machoke: Jubilife City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Mt. Coronet, Hearthome City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Veilstone Gym(Black Belt/Maylene), Pastoria Gym(Fisherman), Route 211 East(Ninja Boy/Wild), Route 218(Sailor), Iron Island(Battle Girl), Route 216(Black Belt), Route 217(Ninja Boy), Route 222(Sailor/Policeman), Route 223(Sailor), Fuego Ironworks(Worker)
42. Machamp: Victory Road(Black Belt), Jubilife City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Cameraman in PKMN Center)
43. Psyduck: Lake Verity, Route 203(Lass/Wild), Oreburgh Gate, Route 204 South, Eterna Forest(Psychic), Route 205 North, Eterna City, Wayward Cave(Picnicker), Route 208, Route 209, Route 214, Route 213(Swimmer), Celestic Town, Lake Verity, Lake Acuity, Route 212 North, Twinleaf Town
44. Golduck: Lake Verity, Route 203, Oreburgh Gate, Route 204 South, Route 205 North, Eterna City, Route 208, Route 209, Route 214, Route 213(Swimmer), Pastoria Gym(Tuber), Celestic Town, Lake Valor, Route 216(Ace Trainer), Lake Acuity, Route 221(Swimmer), Victory Road(Swimmer), Route 212 North, Twinleaf Town
45. Burmy: Sweet Honey Trees, Route 202(Youngster), Eterna Forest(Bug Catcher)
46. Wormadam: Route 214(Beauty)
47. Mothim: Route 210 North(Ninja Boy), Lost Tower(Youngster)
48. Wurmple: Sweet Honey Trees, Route 204 South, Route 204 North(Bug Catcher/Wild), Eterna Forest(Bug Catcher/Wild), Route 205 North
49. Silcoon: Eterna Forest(Bug Catcher/Wild), Route 205 North
50. Beautifly: Valley Windworks(Grunt), Eterna Forest, Route 205 North
51. Cascoon: Eterna Forest(Bug Catcher/Wild), Route 205 North
52. Dustox: Eterna Forest(Bug Catcher/Wild), Route 205 North
53. Combee: Sweet Honey Trees, Route 208(Aroma Lady)
54. Vespiquen: Pokémon League(Aaron)
55. Pachirisu: Route 207(Picnicker), Route 204 North(Twins), Route 205 South(Picnicker/Wild), Valley Windworks, Eterna Forest(Lass), Sunyshore Gym(School Kid)
56. Buizel: Route 207(Youngster), Route 205 South, Valley Windworks, Wayward Cave(Camper), Hearthome City(Rival if you DIDN’T choose Chimchar), Route 209(Young Couple), Route 215(Ace Trainer), Route 213, Route 212 South, Route 210 North(Double Team), Route 220(Swimmer)
57. Floatzel: Pastoria Gym(Crasher Wake), Route 218, Canalave City(Rival if you DIDN’T choose Chimchar), Iron Island(Camper), Route 220(Swimmer), Route 221(Swimmer), Route 222, Route 223(Swimmer), Fuego Ironworks
58. Cherubi: Sweet Honey Trees, Route 204 North(Aroma Lady), Eterna Gym(Lass), Route 212 North(Lady)
59. Cherrim: Eterna Gym(Cherrim), Route 221(Ace Trainer)
60. Shellos: Route 205 South, Valley Windworks, Wayward Cave, Route 213(Swimmer/Tuber/Wild), Pastoria City, Pastoria Gym(Sailor), Route 212 South, Canalave City, Route 219(Tuber), Fuego Ironworks
61. Gastrodon: Route 205 South, Route 213, Pastoria City, Route 212 South, Fuego Ironworks, Route 218, Canalave City, Route 220(Swimmer), Route 222(Rich Boy), Route 223(Swimmer)
62. Heracross: Sweet Honey Trees, Café Cabin(Collector), Veilstone Gym(Black Belt), Canalave City(Rival), Pokémon League(Aaron)
63. Aipom: Sweet Honey Trees, Route 205 South(Camper), Wayward Cave(Camper), Route 210 North(Ace Trainer), Iron Island(Camper)
64. Ambipom: Hearthome City(Clown in PKMN Center), Pastoria City(Clown in PKMN Center), Celestic Town(Clown in PKMN Center), Route 216(Ace Trainer), Victory Road(Double Team)
65. Drifloon: Valley Windworks(Friday ONLY, Interact), Jubilife City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Hearthome Gym(Youngster/School Kid/Picnicker), Route 214(Psychic)
66. Drifblim: Jubilife City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Reporter in PKMN Center), Route 215(Ruin Maniac)
67. Buneary: Eterna Forest, Wayward Cave(Lass), Route 217(Ace Trainer)
68. Lopunny: Iron Island(Ace Trainer), Route 221(Ace Trainer), Route 222(Beauty)
69. Gastly: Eterna Forest, Old Chateau, Hearthome Gym(Youngster/Ace Trainer/School Kid/Camper), Lost Tower
70. Haunter: Hearthome Gym(School Kid/Ace Trainer/Fantina), Victory Road(Psychic),
71. Gengar: Victory Road(Psychic)
72. Misdreavus: Hearthome Gym(Lass/Ace Trainer/Picnicker), Lost Tower(Young Couple)
73. Mismagius: Hearthome Gym(Fantina)
74. Murkrow: Lake Verity(Grunt), Celestic Town(Cyrus), Lake Valor(Grunt), Galactic Warehouse(Grunt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Grunt), Mt. Coronet(Grunt), Lost Tower(Young Couple)
75. Honchkrow: Veilstone Galactic Building(Cyrus)
76. Glameow: Lake Verity(Grunt), Jubilife City(Grunt), Valley Windworks(Grunt), Eterna Galactic Building(Grunt), Route 213(Beauty), Lake Valor(Grunt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Grunt), Mt. Coronet(Grunt), Spear Pillar(Grunt)
77. Purugly: Valley Windworks(Mars)
78. Goldeen: Lake Verity, Route 203, Route 204 South, Route 205 North(Fisherman), Route 208, Route 209, Route 214(P.I/Wild), Pastoria Gym(Fisherman), Route 212 South(Fisherman/Parasol Lady), Route 212 North, Celestic Town, Twinleaf Town, Lake Valor, Lake Acuity, Route 220(Swimmer),
79. Seaking: Pastoria Gym(Fisherman), Route 217(Ace Trainer), Route 220(Swimmer), Route 223(Swimmer)
80. Barboach: Route 205 North, Eterna City, Route 208(Fisherman), Great Marsh, Route 212 South(Fisherman), Mt. Coronet, Lost Tower(Youngster)
81. Whiscash: Pastoria Gym(Fisherman), Pokémon League(Bertha)
82. Chingling: Route 211, Mt. Coronet, Route 214(Psychic), Sendoff Spring
83. Chimecho: Mt. Coronet, Victory Road(Psychic)
84. Stunky: Lake Verity(Grunt), Jubilife City(Grunt), Valley Windworks(Grunt), Eterna Galactic Building(Grunt), Route 210 South(Ninja Boy), Veilstone City(Grunt), Route 210 North(Ace Trainer), Lake Valor(Grunt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Grunt), Mt. Coronet(Grunt), Spear Pillar(Grunt)
85. Skuntank: Eterna Galactic Building(Jupiter)
86. Meditite: Route 207(Battle Girl), Eterna Forest(Psychic), Route 211 West, Mt. Coronet, Route 215(Black Belt), Veilstone Gym(Black Belt/Maylene), Route 210 North, Route 211 East(Black Belt/Wild), Route 216
87. Medicham: Iron Island(Battle Girl/Ace Trainer), Mt. Coronet, Route 220(Swimmer)
88. Bronzor: Lake Verity(Mars), Route 211 West, Mt. Coronet, Wayward Cave(Hiker/Wild), Route 215(Ruin Maniac), Route 214(Ruin Maniac), Route 211 East(Ruin Maniac/Black Belt/Wild), Canalave Gym(Ace Trainer), Lake Valor(Saturn), Spear Pillar(Mars/Jupiter)
89. Bronzong: Mt. Coronet, Pokémon League(Lucian)
90. Ponyta: Route 207, Route 205 South(Camper), Route 206(Cyclist/Wild), Wayward Cave(Lass), Hearthome City(Rival if you DIDN’T choose Turtwig), Route 209(Cowgirl), Route 210 South(Belle & Pa/Rancher/Wild), Route 210 North(Veteran), Lost Tower(Belle & Pa)
91. Rapidash: Route 210 South(Belle & Pa), Canalave City(Rival if you DIDN’T choose Turtwig), Route 216(Ace Trainer), Victory Road(Double Team), Pokémon League(Flint)
92. Bonsly: Route 208(Artist), Route 209(Pokémon Breeder/Twins), Lost Tower(Pokefan)
93. Sudowoodo: Route 216(Ace Trainer), Route 221
94. Mime Jr.: Route 208(Artist), Hearthome City(Clown in PKMN Center), Route 209(Pokémon Breeder/Twins), Pastoria City(Clown in PKMN Center), Celestic Town(Clown in PKMN Center)
95. Mr. Mime: Jubilife City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Cameraman/Clown in PKMN Center), Pastoria City(Clown in PKMN Center), Celestic Town(Clown in PKMN Center), Route 218, Route 216(Ace Trainer), Pokémon League(Lucian)
96. Happiny: Route 210 South(Pokémon Breeder)
97. Chansey: Eterna Forest(Cheryl), Route 210 South, Route 209
98. Blissey: Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
99. Cleffa: Mt. Coronet, Route 209(Pokémon Breeder), Lost Tower(Roughneck)
100. Clefairy: Mt. Coronet, Oreburgh City(Idol in PKMN Center), Route 210 South(Twins/Jogger), Café Cabin(Waitress), Veilstone City(Dawn/Lucas), Pastoria City(Idol in PKMN Center), Snowpoint City(Idol in PKMN Center)
101. Clefable: Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
102. Chatot: Route 209(Young Couple), Route 213, Route 212 North(Gentleman), Route 218, Route 222
103. Pichu: Floaroma Town(Pokekid in PKMN Center), Route 208(Artist), Route 209(Guitarist), Solaceon Town(Pokekid in PKMN Center), Trophy Garden), Lost Tower(Pokefan)
104. Pikachu: Route 206(Cyclist), Solaceon Town(Pokekid in PKMN Center), Floaroma Town(Pokekid in PKMN Center), Route 210 South(Twins), Trophy Garden, Route 222(Guitarist), Sunyshore Gym(Guitarist), Lost Tower(Youngster)
105. Raichu: Floaroma Town(Pokekid inPKMN Center), Solaceon Town(Pokekid in PKMN Center), Route 210 North(Double Team), Iron Island(Picnicker), Sunyshore Gym(Guitarist/Ace Trainer/Volkner)
106. Hoothoot: Eterna Forest, Route 205 North, Route 211 West(Bird Keeper/Wild), Wayward Cave(Picnicker), Route 210 South, Great Marsh, Route 212(Policeman), Route 210 North(Bird Keeper/Wild)
107. Noctowl: Route 211 West, Route 210 South, Great Marsh, Route 210 North(Bird Keeper/Wild), Route 211 East(Bird Keeper/Wild), Mt. Coronet, Route 222(Policeman), Victory Road(Bird Keeper)
108. Spiritomb: Route 209(Interact w/ Hallowed Tower), Pokémon League(Cynthia)
109. Gible: Wayward Cave(Collector/Wild), Route 210 North(Dragon Tamer)
110. Gabite: Victory Road(Veteran/Dragon Tamer/Wild)
111. Garchomp: Pokémon League(Cynthia)
112. Munchlax: Sweet Honey Trees, Café Cabin(Collector), Spear Pillar(Rival)
113. Snorlax: Pokémon League(Rival)
114. Unown: Solaceon Ruins(After getting HM05)
115. Riolu: Hatch Egg, Oreburgh Gate(Veteran), Route 217(Black Belt)
116. Lucario: Veilstone Gym(Maylene), Iron Island(Riley), Pokémon League(Cynthia)
117. Wooper: Great Marsh, Route 212 South(Parasol Lady)
118. Quagsire: Pastoria Gym(Crahser Wake), Great Marsh, Route 212 South(Parasol Lady/Wild), Iron Island(Ace Trainer)
119. Wingull: Route 219, Route 221, Route 222(Sailor/Wild), Sunyshore City, Route 223(Swimmer), Pokémon League
120. Pelipper: Route 213(Swimmer), Pastoria Gym(Sailor), Iron Island, Route 219, Route 220(Swimmer/Wild), Route 221, Route 222, Sunyshore City, Route 223(Swimmer/Sailor/Wild), Pokémon League
121. Girafarig: Valor Lakefront, Route 210 North(Ace Trainer), Route 221(Ace Trainer/Wild)
122. Hippopotas: Ruins Maniac’s Cave/Tunnel, Iron Island(Worker)
123. Hippowdon: Pokémon League(Bertha)
124. Azurill: Pastoria Gym(Tuber)
125. Marill: Route 215, Route 213(Tuber), Pastoria Gym(Tuber), Route 212 South(Pokémon Ranger), Route 212 North, Route 219(Tuber), Route 223(Swimmer)
126. Azumarill: Route 213(Swimmer), Pastoria Gym(Sailor), Route 221(Ace Trainer), Route 223(Swimmer), Victory Road
127. Skorupi: Route 210 South(Ninja Boy), Route 214(Collector), Great Marsh, Route 210 North(Ninja Boy), Route 211 East(Ninja Boy), Route 217(Ninja Boy)
128. Drapion: Great Marsh, Pokémon League(Aaron)
129. Croagunk: Lake Verity(Grunt), Eterna Galactic Building(Grunt), Route 210 South(Ninja Boy), Route 215(Black Belt), Veilstone Gym(Black Belt), Great Marsh, Route 212 South, Route 211 East(Ninja Boy/Black Belt), Lake Valor(Grunt), Route 217(Black Belt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Scientist/Grunt), Spear Pillar(Grunt)
130. Toxicroak: Great Marsh, Lake Valor(Saturn)
131. Carnivine: Route 214(Collector), Great Marsh, Route 212 South(Pokémon Ranger), Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
132. Remoraid: Route 213(Fisherman/Wild), Pastoria City, Route 212 South, Route 218(Fisherman), Route 220(Swimmer), Route 221(Swimmer), Route 222(Fisherman/Wild), Sunyshore City, Route 223(Swimmer/Wild), Pokémon League)
133. Octillery: Route 220(Swimmer), Route 223(Swimmer),
134. Finneon: Route 205 South, Valley Windworks, Route 213(Swimmer), Canalave City, Iron Island, Route 219, Route 220(Swimmer/Wild), Route 221(Swimmer/Fisherman/Wild), Route 222(Fisherman)
135. Lumineon: Route 219, Route 220, Route 221, Route 223(Swimmer), Victory Road(Double Team)
136. Tentacool: Route 205 South, Route 213(Sailor/Wild), Pastoria City, Route 212 South, Canalave City, Iron Island, Route 219, Route 220(Swimmer/Wild), Route 221, Route 222, Sunyshore City, Route 223(Swimmer/Wild), Fuego Ironworks
137. Tentacruel: Route 205 South, Route 213, Pastoria City, Route 212 South, Canalave City, Iron Island, Route 219, Route 220(Swimmer/Wild), Route 221, Route 222, Sunyshore City, Route 223(Swimmer/Wild), Pokémon League, Fuego Ironworks
138. Feebas: Mt. Coronet, Route 221(Ace Trainer)
139. Milotic: Pokémon League(Cynthia)
140. Mantyke: Route 218(Sailor), Route 222(Sailor), Route 223(Swimmer/Wild)
141. Mantine: Route 223(Swimmer)
142. Snover: Route 216(Black Belt/Skier/Wild), Route 217(Skier/Wild), Acuity Lakefront, Snowpoint Gym(Ace Trainer), Lake Acuity, Mt. Coronet
143. Abomasnow: Snowpoint Gym(Candice), Mt. Coronet
144. Sneasel: Celestic Town(Cyrus), Route 216(Skier/Wild), Route 217(Skier/Wild), Acuity Lakefront, Snowpoint Gym(Ace Trainer/Candice), Lake Acuity
145. Weavile: Veilstone Galactic Building(Cyrus)
146. Uxie: Acuity Cavern
147. Mesprit: Verity Cavern/Roaming
148. Azelf: Valor Cavern
149. Dialga: Spear Pillar(Automatically put in Dex)
150. Palkia: Spear Pillar(Automatically put in Dex)
151. Manaphy: Pokémon Mansion(Book behind Mr. Backlot)
152. Rotom: Old Chateau
153. Gligar: Route 207(Picnicker), Route 206, Route 215(Ace Trainer)
154. Gliscor: Pokémon League(Bertha)
155. Nosepass: Route 207(Hiker), Mt. Coronet, Route 208(Hiker), Iron Island(Hiker)
156. Probopass: Route 208(Hiker), Route 210 North(Ace Trainer)
157. Ralts: Eterna City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Route 208, Route 209, Route 215(Ace Trainer), Veilstone City(Interviewers in PKMN Center)
158. Kirlia: Eterna City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Veilstone City(Interviwers in PKMN Center), Route 214(Psychic), Route 212 North, Iron Island(Ace Trainer), Route 217(Ace Trainer), Veilstone Galactic Building(Scientist)
159. Gardevoir: Eterna City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Veilstone City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Victory Road(Psychic)
160. Gallade: Pokémon League(Lucian)
161. Lickitung: Route 215(Ace Trainer/Wild)
162. Lickilicky: Victory Road(Veteran)
163. Eevee: Receive from Bebe, Route 208(Artist), Route 209(Pokémon Breeder)
164. Vaporeon: Route 214(Collector)
165. Jolteon: Route 214(Collector)
166. Flareon: Route 214(Collector)
167. Espeon: Route 212 South(Collector)
168. Umbreon: Route 212 South(Collector)
169. Leafeon: Route 212 South(Pokémon Ranger)
170. Glaceon: Route 217(Skier)
171. Swablu: Route 210 North, Victory Road(Dragon Tamer)
172. Altaria: Victory Road(Dragon Tamer)
173. Togepi: Hatch Egg, Route 210 South(Pokémon Breeder)
174. Togetic: Route 221(Collector), Victory Road(Bird Keeper)
175. Togekiss: Pokémon League(Cynthia)
176. Houndour: Route 214, Valor Lakefront, Lake Valor(Grunt), Galactic Warehouse(Grunt), Veilstone Galactic Building(Grunt), Mt. Coronet(Grunt)
177. Houndoom: Veilstone Galactic Building(Cyrus), Pokémon League(Flint)
178. Magnemite: Route 222, Sunyshore Gym(Guitarist/Ace Trainer), Fuego Ironworks, Jubilife City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Canalave Gym(Worker)
179. Magneton: Jubilife City(Cameraman in PKMN Center), Eterna City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Hearthome City(Camerman in PKMN Center), Veilstone City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Canalave Gym(Byron)
180. Magnezone: Eterna City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Veilstone City(Interviewers in PKMN Center), Victory Road(Bird Keeper)
181. Tangela: Route 214(Collector), Great Marsh, Route 210 North(Veteran)
182. Tangrowth: Victory Road(Veteran)
183. Yanma: Route 214(Collector), Great Marsh
184. Yanmega: Pokémon League(Aaron)
185. Tropius: Route 214(Collector), Great Marsh, Route 216(Ace Trainer)
186. Rhyhorn: Route 214, Iron Island(Hiker), Victory Road
187. Rhydon: Victory Road(Ace Trainer/Wild)
188. Rhyperior: Pokémon League(Bertha)
189. Duskull: Hearthome Gym(Fantina), Route 209, Route 214(Psychic), Lost Tower
190. Dusclops: Route 216(Ace Trainer), Sendoff Spring
191. Dusknoir: Victory Road(Dragon Tamer)
192. Porygon: Receive in Veilstone City, Route 214(Collector)
193. Porygon2: Route 216(Ace Trainer), Veilstone Galactic Building(Scientist)
194. Porygon-Z: Victory Road(Veteran)
195. Scyther: Route 210 South, Route 215, Route 210 North(Ace Trainer/Wild), Route 216(Skier),
196. Scizor: Canalave Gym(Ace Trainer), Pokémon League(Aaron)
197. Elekid: Route 210 South(Pokémon Breeder)
198. Electabuzz: Route 217(Ace Trainer), Route 222, Sunyshore Gym(Ace Trainer)
199. Electivire: Sunyshore Gym(Volkner)
200. Magby: Route 210 South(Pokémon Breeder)
201. Magmar: Route 217(Ace Trainer), Fuego Ironworks(Worker)
202. Magmortar: Pokémon League(Flint)
203. Swinub: Route 216(Skier), Route 217(Skier/Wild), Acuity Lakefront
204. Piloswine: Route 217(Skier), Snowpoint Gym(Ace Trainer/Candice)
205. Mamoswine: Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
206. Snorunt: Route 216(Skier/Wild), Route 217(Skier/Wild), Acuity Lakefront, Snowpoint Gym(Ace Trainer), Lake Acuity
207. Glalie: Snowpoint Gym(Ace Trainer), Victory Road(Ace Trainer)
208. Froslass: Snowpoint Gym(Candice)
209. Absol: Mt. Coronet, Victory Road(Psychic)
210. Giratina: Distortion World

Credit:
Satoshi Tajiri(For making Pokemon)
Gamefreak(For making Platinum)
Serebii(For making PokeEarth)
Anybody who assisted in PokeEarth(For doing just that)

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Platinum Storyline Changes

I figured that with the Release of Platinum drawing ever so near, some People are going to be button mashing and miss important changes to the Story. Also this will help those who have it already, and are stumped on what to do next. I've divided this into From Point A to Point B, with a large amount of skipping around.

From receiving your starter to leaving Jubilife City for Oreburgh:

-TV broadcast at beginning talks about Prof. Rowan.

-Rival comes into your room after the broadcast.

-When you leave Twinleaf Town, you do not go to Lake Verity.

-When you try to go into the grass, Rowan stops you.

-After talking, you get your choice of Starter.

-When Rowan and Dawn/Lucas leave, your Rival challenges you.

-The next day, you and your Rival head to Lake Verity.

-You meet Cyrus at Lake Verity and hear Mesprit’s cry, which scares off your Rival.

-After leaving Rowan’s lab with your Pokédex, Rowan stops you and gives you a TM 27(Return)

-When you enter Jubilife, Dawn/Lucas has you follow them to where you meet Looker, who gives you the Vs. Recorder

From Valley Windworks to Eterna City (As there is nothing different about everything up to here)

-Alongside Mars is Charon, who on speaks to Mars.

-After liberating the Valley Windworks, Looker comes and talks to you(You don’t get anything)

-Eterna City now has your Rival take you to see the statue in the middle of the City, where Cyrus is seen once again.

-Cynthia then gives you HM 01(Cut)

-After getting the Forest Badge, you enter the Eterna Galactic Building, where Looker appears dressed up as a Galactic Grunt.

-After beating Jupiter, you MUST make a space in your party in order to continue.

-Cynthia gives you an Egg.

From Route 207 to Solaceon Ruins:

-Dawn/Lucas now appear when you are almost to Mt. Coronet.

-Fantina can now be battled when you first arrive.

-Your Rival battles you in the Gate to Route 209.

-When you get to Solaceon Town, head to the Solaceon Ruins.

-By getting to the bottom, you find HM 05 (Defog), as well as Unown appearing.

From Veilstone City to Valor Lakefront(Grunt chase):

-When you try to enter the Gym, Dawn/Lucas talks to you, then Crasher Wake comes out of the Gym.

-After beating Maylene, Dawn/Lucas have you do a double battle with two Galactic Grunts.

-Upon winning, Looker comes and has you follow him inside.

-You can then pick up HM 02 (Fly).

-In Pastoria, your Rival confronts you when you try to enter the Gym.

-After beating Crasher Wake, you feel an earthquake.

-After this you cannot enter the Great Marsh until you complete the next few things.

-You chase the Galactic Grunt down like normal, beat him and Cynthia appears like normal. However, your Rival comes as well.

From Celestic Town to Canalave City:

-You battle Cyrus when you are led by Cynthia’s Grandmother to the Ruins.

-After winning, Cynthia’s Grandmother gives you HM 03 (Surf)

-After beating Byron, your Rival bars you from entering the Library until you visit Iron Island(Which can be done before beating Byron).

-At Iron Island, talk to Riley to get HM 04 (Strength)

-In the Library, you feel an Earthquake.

-You see a special broadcast of smoke billowing out from Lake Valor

From Acuity Lake Front to Spear Pillar

-Your Rival yells at you from below the ledge that now leads to Lake Acuity.

-In Mt. Coronet, Looker approaches when you come near the destroyed door.

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD!!!:

-Cyrus now uses Two Red Chains to summon BOTH Dialga and Palkia.

-After they are drawn out, the Lake Trio appears to stop them, using both screens.

-While this doesn’t help, a portal opens up in front of the two Titans.

-Giratina comes out of it and forces Cyrus into the Distortion World.

-You and Cynthia head in after him to calm Giratina.

From Distortion World to Stark Mountain

-In Distortion World, you travel until you have to put three boulders in the correct spots, which are marked by the Lake Trio.

-Just when you are getting close to Giratina, Cyrus comes and battles you.

-Cynthia heals your Pokémon and you Fight Giratina.

-From there, nothing is too different, up until you get the Battle Park.

-In the Battle Park, your Rival drags you to see both Volkner and Flint.

-You then battle them with your Rival in a Double Battle.

-Upon winning, Buck speaks to you.

-At Stark Mountain, you have to fight Mars and Jupiter consecutively, which can wear you down.

-Upon getting to the final room, you see Charon and two Galactic Grunts steal the Magma Rock.

-Out from a rock comes a Croagunk, who steals the Magma Rock from Charon.

-The rock turns out to be none other than Looker, who proceeds to apprehend Charon.

Final changes:

-When you return to the Fight Area, you can now see that the Battleground has opened.

-If you enter the Resort Area, you can get a free house to decorate.

-When you speak to Oak in Eterna, he tells you that the Legendary Birds of Kanto have been seen in Sinnoh, thus making them Roam.

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted member 11515

Once again, thanks for the compilation! I've merged both of the topics you made into this thread, for quick reference for users.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
HeartGold/SoulSilver FAQ

This thread is for frequently asked questions about Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Please read before asking any questions, as many common questions shall be answered here.

Please go to the HeartGold/SoulSilver help thread if what you are looking for is not found here.

This FAQ will be expanded further whenever I have the time

-Helpful links for users with Japanese copy
(Note: Translatios provided by Misaki-Chi.)
*Link 1- Types and movelist
*Link 2- Natures, Stats, and Characteristics
*Link 3- Items

Q1: What’s the new Johto Pokedex?
A: For the most part the Johto Pokedex has pretty much remained the same except with the addition of a few 4th generation Pokemon. Click here to see the full Johto Dex.

Q2: I heard that new breeding methods were introduced in HG/SS, what are they?
A: There is now a new way to transfer IVs from parents to the offspring. The new method allows the parents IVs to be passed on to the offspring by holding a specific power item. The power items are:

-Power Anklet: Speed
-Power Band: Sp. Defense
-Power Belt: Defense
-Power Bracers: Attack
-Power Lens: Sp. Attack
-Power Weights: HP

In addition to all of this, HG/SS introduces new egg moves to Pokemon. Click here to see the entire list of new egg moves.

Q3: Stupid Farfetch’d, I can’t seem to solve its puzzle.
A: For the first one just take the long way around and approach it from the back. For the second one, chase it to the top right corner. You'll notice three squares that look like they have some logs spread on the floor. Walking on any of the tiles will make the Farfetch'd look towards your direction. Your goal is to make the Farfetch'd face right and then approach it from the left.

Q4: What legendary Pokemon are available in HG/SS?
A:
-Lugia: (Level 45 SS, Level 70 HG)
-Ho-oh: (Level 45 HG, Level 70 SS)
-Suicune: (Level 40)
-Raikou: (Level 40)
-Entei: (Level 40)
-Articuno: (Level 50)
-Zapdos: (Level 50)
-Moltres: (Level 50)
-Mewtwo: (Level 70)
-Groudon: (Level 50; SS only)
-Kyogre: (Level 50; HG only)
-Rayquaza: (Level 50; Groudon & Kyogre must both be obtained)
-Dialga/Palkia/Giratine: (Level 1; Available only when “Fateful Encounter” Arceus is transferred over.)
-Latios/Latias: (Level 35; Special required event needed to encounter counterpart)
Click here for full detail on how and where to get them.

Q5: Are there any interactable Pokemon I can obtain?
A: The Pokemon available through are interacting are pretty much the same, here’s the list:
-Sudowoodo: (Level 20)
-Lapras: (Level 20)
-Red Gyrados: (Level 30)
-Snorlax: (Level 50)
Click here to find how and where to obtain these Pokemon.

Q6: What about gift Pokemon, will I get some of those?
A: The gift Pokemon are pretty much the same as from the originals, except there are now a few additions:
-Togepi: (Level 1)
-Spearow: (Level 20)
-Eevee: (Level 5)
-Shuckle: (Level 20)
-Tyrogue: (Level 10)
-Dratini: (Level 15)
-Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle: (Level 5)
-Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip: (Level 5)
Click here to find how and where to obtain these Pokemon.

Q7: What are the Swarm Pokemon and how can I find them?
A: Swarm Pokemon are now available in HG/SS. You’ll have to check Oak and Daisy’s radio talk through the PokeGear in order to find their locations:
-Chansey: (Route 13)
-Ditto: (Route 47)
-Marril: (Mt. Mortar)
-Yanma: (Route 35)
-Dunsparce: (Dark Cave)
-Snubbull: (Route 38)
-Qwilfish: (Route 32)
-Remoraid: (Route 44)
-Poochyena: (Route 1)
-Wingul: (Vermillion City)
-Ralts: (Route 34)
-Sableye: (Route 9; HG only)
-Mawile: (Route 9; SS only)
-Gulpin: (Route 3; SS only)
-Swablu: (Route 45)
-Wiscash: (Violet City)
-Baltoy: (Route 3; HG only)
-Clamperl: (Route 19)
-Relicanth: (Route 12)
-Ludvisc: (Route 27)
-Kricketot: (Viridian Forest)
-Buneary: (Route 25)

Q7: Are there any PokeWalker exclusive Pokemon?
A: Yes, here’s the list:
-Skitty: (Hoenn Field)
-Carvanha: (Warm Beach)
-Wailmer: (Warm Beach)
-Feebas: (Quiet Cave)
-Castform: (Tree House)
-Kecleon: (Tree House)
-Tropius: (Big Forest)
-Snorunt: (Cold Mountainpath)
-Shellos: (Rough Sea)
-Spiritomb: (Quiet Cave)
-Finneon: (Rough Sea)
-Snover: (Cold Mountainpath)
-Pikachu: (Yellow Forrest; Pokemon Event activation required; Also, note that these Pikachu can be found with special moves such as surf, fly, volt tackle, etc.)

Q8: What are the Unobtainable Pokemon in HG/SS?
A: Here’s the list:
-Mew
-Celebi
-Regis
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Sinnoh Starters
-Sinnoh Fossil Pokemon
-Drifloon line
-Glameow line
-Stunk line
-Magnezone
-Leafeon
-Glaceon
-Probopass
-Rotom
-Sinnoh Psychic Trio
-Heatran
-Regigigas
-Cresselia
-Darkrai
-Phione & Manaphy
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Darkrai

Q9: How can I change my Deoxys/Rotom/Shaymin/Giratina’s form in HG/SS?
A: Here’s the locations and requirments:
-Deoxys: (Meteorites in Southwest part of Route 3)
-Rotom: (Take Rotom to Silph Co., make sure it’s on slot 1 of your party, go to elevator and Rotom will guide the way introducing you to a new room with the appliances.)
-Shaymin: (Obtain Gracidea flower from Goldenrod Flower Shop; Platinum’s Status and Time affects still apply)
-Giratina: (Choose Level 1 Giratina from Arceus ingame event and it should be holding the Griseous orb.)

Q10: What are the version exclusive Pokemon?
A: Here’s the list:

HeartGold
-Mankey line
-Growlithe line
-Spinarak line
-Gligar line
-Mantyke line
-Phanpy line
-Sableye
-Baltoy line
-Kyogre

SoulSilver
-Vulpix line
-Meowth line
-Ledyba line
-Teddiursa line
-Delibird
-Skarmory
-Mawile
-Gulpin line
-Groudon

Q11: What’s the deal with partner Pokemon? What can they do and is there a way to disable them?
A: First off, there’s no way to disable a Pokemon from following you. You’ll just have to deal with it. Secondly, partner Pokemon can be found with items from time to time. The items can be accessories, berries, or shining leaves.

Q12: I’ve heard a lot about the Pokethlon, what exactly is it?
A: Pokethlon is a new game feature. It can be found west of National Park, there you will find the Pokethlon Dome. The Pokethlon consist of various activities that Pokemon can participate in. You can always enter with three Pokemon. There are 10 different activities in the Pokethlon. You can choose five categories: Speed, Power, Technique, Stamina, and Jump. From there, three activites are chosen based upon that. If you win the activity, you will get ‘Suron Points’ which you can then exchange for prizes. (Serebii)
Click here for full information on Pokethlon.

Q13: Is it possible to find Sinnoh or Hoenn Pokemon in HG/SS?
A: Yes, it’s possible. You can find various of the Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon through the radio, which can be found in the PokeGear. The radio plays the “Sinnoh Sound” and the “Hoenn Sound.” These stations allow the player to find Pokemon not native to Johto/Kanto across the region. “Sinnoh Sound” is played Thurdays, while “Hoenn Sound” is played Wednesday. One downfall of this is that you’re required to switch back to the radio station after every battle.

The Pokemon that can be found with “Hoenn Sound” are:
-Zigzagoon
-Whismur
-Absol
-Makuhita
-Minum
-Plusle
-Numel
-Spoink
-Spinda

Pokemon that can be found with “Sinnoh Sound” are:
-Meditite (According to Serebii, I think it may be “Hoenn Sound.”
-Bidoof
-Shinx
-Budew
-Buizel
-Chingling
-Bronzor
-Chatot
-Carnivine
Click here for full detail.

Q14: Are there any in-game trades in HG/SS?
A: Yes, there are. Here’s the list:
-Bellsprout for Onix
-Drowzee for Machop
-Krabby for Voltorb
-Dragnair for Dodrio
-Haunter for Xatu
-Dugtrio for Magneton
-Pikachu for Pikachu
-Forretress for Beldum
-Bonsly for Rhyhorn
-Any Pokemon for Steelix
Click here for full details on where to find the Pokemon.

Q15: Who are the gym leaders and what are their teams?
A:
Johto/Kanto gym leaders and teams.
Johto/Kanto gym leaders and teams rematch.
(*Note: Read complete article. Rematches now require gym leaders to be found, phone numbers obtained, and battles are take place at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City.)

Q16: Who are the Elite 4 and what are their teams?
A:Elite 4 team.
(*Note: Rematch team is included in the article.)

Q17: Who is red, what is his team, and where can I find him?
A: “Like in the original games, after you get all 16 badges from Johto & Kanto, you can go to Professor Oak. He tells you that Mt. Silver is now accessible for you and gives you HM08-Rock Climb. Go there through Route 22 and you can travel up to Mt. Silver. If, when you get into the cave, you take the east path, climbing up the cave with Rock Climb, you will eventually get to the peak of Mt. Silver where red is stationed.

Red is the highest leveled trainer of any Pokemon game so you have to prepare for an epic fight. Luckily, as you are on top of a mountain, the Hail Weather Effect is running so that can help you in taking 5 of his Pokemon as Lapras is immune. Once defeated, the game cuts to the credits and further things are unlocked in the game.” –Serebii

Red’s team consists of:
-Pikachu (Level 88)
-Venusaur (Level 84)
-Charizard (Level 84)
-Blastoise (Level 84)
-Lapras (Level 80)
-Snorlax (Level 82)

Q18: So, what’s up with Team Rocket?
A: Team Rocket’s plot has expanded a bit and 4 new Rocket members are introduced, they are:
-Rocket Executive Lance
-Rocket Executive Athena
-Rocket Executive Lambda
-Rocket Executive Apollo
Click here for full Rocket plot details and teams.

Q19: Hey, there’s no VS Seeker, how can I rematch trainers?
A: The VS Seeker is no longer included, but instead, you can now call trainers and ask them for battles. Rematches with trainers only happen on certain days, click these links for specific days and time:
-Monday
-Tuesday
-Wednesday
-Thursday
-Friday
-Saturday
-Sunday

Q20: I heard there’s a new Safari Zone, fill me in, please.
A: The Safari Zone is no longer located in Kanto, that place is now a Pal Park, instead it’s located west of Cianwood. The new Safari Zone has many new features, so make sure to read every detail.

Q21: Awesome, I heard there was a battle tower. Does it bring anything new?
A: The Battle Tower in Johto is the same on you find in Platinum. The facilities remain the same.

Q22: Is the Bug Catching Contest still here?
A: Yes, it is. The contest take place on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. You are given 20 Competition balls and are allowed to carry 1 Pokemon with you to help you battle against wild pokemon. After the Elite 4, more Pokemon are added in the contest. Only 1 Pokemon captured is allowed at a time. Once you capture a second, a dialogue box will appear asking you if you want to replace your first Pokemon with the second.

Bug Catching Pokemon-Tuesdays & All Days Prior to National Dex
-Caterpie line
-Weedle line
-Venonat
-Paras
-Scyther
-Pinsir

Additional Bug Catching Pokemon-Thurs. & Sat. After obtaining National Dex
-Wurmple line
-Cascoon line
-Nincada
-Volbeat
-Illumise
-Kricketot line
-Combee

Prizes
First: Any of the evolution stones
Second: Everstone
Third: Sitrus Berry
Consolation prize: Shed Shell

Q23: Where can I find Headbutt and what Pokemon can I find through that method?
A: Headbutt is no longer a TM, but instead is taught to one of your Pokemon by a man in Ilex Forest. Every tree in this game is headbuttable, but keep in mind, if the tree does not have any Pokemon in it when you first headbutt it, then it will never have any Pokemon in it. Click here to visit the Headbutt article.

Q24: Where I can I find <Insert TM/HM here> in Pokemon HG/SS?
A: Click here for full list.

Q25: Where can I find <Insert move tutor here> in Pokemon HG/SS?

Q26: Where can I find <Insert Pokemon accessories here> in Pokemon HG/SS?

Q27: What are the courses and Pokemon I can find in the PokeWalker?

Q28:I have 8 badges and I recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm, why can't I go to the pokemon League?
A: You must have defeated/captured your box bird. Ho-oh for HG and Lugia for SS

Q29: I got to the Whirl Islands/Tin Tower but my bird wasn't there. How do I make it appear?
A: You first have to go to Ecruteak City's Dance Hall and beat all 5 Kimono Sisters and recieve your respective bell. Then Lugia/Ho-oh will appear in their respective locations.
(*Note: Q's and A's for 28-29 have been provided be ijea4444)

Q30: So, where's Pal Park and how does it work?
A: Pal Park is located in Fuchsia City, Kanto. As soon as you have access to the Pal Park you’ll be able to use it. Also, you no longer are restricted to 6 Pokemon every 24 hours. You can now transfer Pokemon at any time you please, but only 6 at a time.

Also, as a reminder, these are the areas you can find certain Pokemon in:
-Field Area
-Forest Area
-Mountain Area
-Pond Area
-Ocean Area

The Pal Park in HG/SS is also done as a Capture Show; as a result, you will be scored. You will be scored depending on the Pokemon that is transferred and the time it takes to capture them. The prizes are:

3,000 Points
-Cheri Berry
-Chesto Berry
-Pecha Berry
-Rawst Berry
-Aspear Berry
-Leppa Berry
-Oran Berry
-Perism Berry

3,000 to 3,300 Points
-Figy Berry
-Wiki Berry
-Mago Berry
-Aquav Berry
-Iapapa Berry

3,300 to 3,500
-Lum Berry
-Sitrus Berry
-Razz Berry
-Bluk Berry
-Nanab Berry
-Wepear Berry
-Pinap Berry

3,500+ Points
-Pomeg Berry
-Kelpsy Berry
-Qualot Berry
-Hondew Berry
-Grepa Berry
-Tamato Berry

Q31: How do I win the Bug Catching Contest?
A: Your score of your Pokemon will be determined by its rarity, level, and the sum of its stats. The score of the Pokemon will be significantly be higher if it has more HP at the time of the capture.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
PokeWalker Guide

The following is a guide on how to use the Pokewalker, written by yaminokame.

For a list of Pokemon, Items, etc obtainable in the PokeWalker Courses, check here: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

PokeWalker
By yaminokame

Full_Layout.jpg

Accessing the PokeWalker Connection Screen: When you turn on your game (after you have played it long enough to have a save file) you will be brought to the start-up screen which has a lot of options. The option for the PokeWalker Connection Screen is among these. Here is a list of the options:

• つづきから はじめる - Continue
  • さいしょから はじめる - Start new game
  • ポケウォーカーと せつぞく - Connect with PokeWalker
  • ふすぎな おくりもの - Mystery Gift
  • _______から つれてくる - Bring Pokemon from _______ (Once you've reached Pal-Park)
  • Wi-Fiせってい - Wi-Fi Settings
  • eメールせってい - eMail Settings

There is no way to loose your Pokemon while it is in the PokeWalker. Running out of batteries will simply make you loose steps and Watts. Your Pokemon will be safe. If you are to loose your PokeWalker, then you can restore your Pokemon back into your games. As a note, if you happen to find your PokeWalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you can not send the other one inside of the PokeWalker back to the game (essentially cloning). To get your Pokemon back if ever your PokeWalker breaks/gets lost, go the the PokeWalker Connection Screen and press & hold:

• Up + Select + R

Once you do this, your PokeWalker will be reset and your Pokemon will go back into your box. Your Pokemon will be restored to as it originally was when you put it in the PokeWalker. If you do find your PokeWalker after you have restored your Pokemon, you need to reset the PokeWalker.

To set a PokeWalker back to it's original settings, go to the PokeWalker Connection Screen and press & hold:

• Down + X + L

Once you have done this, either a new PokeWalker, or an old one that you reset will be able to be synced with the game as you did when you first set it up.

Once a Pokemon is in the PokeWalker, you will have two important choices that you can choose from on the PokeWalker Connection Screen (on the DS). These are:

• Return from walk (おでかけから かえす) - This is the top (default) choice. It will take the Pokemon from the PokeWalker and return it to the game along with all other Items, caught Pokemon and Watts.
  • Receive Present (プレゼントを うけとる) - This will not return your Pokemon to the game from the PokeWalker, rather, it will return your Watts, caught Pokemon and items to the game and leave your Pokemon in the PokeWalker.

Sometimes when on a course with no Pokemon in the PokeWalker, a wild Pokemon will automatically take the role as your lead Pokemon. When this happens, you will not be able to put a Pokemon from your box into the PokeWalker until you take out the wild one that joined you. The way to do this is as follows:
  • Go on a walk (おでかけに いく) - This option is for putting a Pokemon from your box into the PokeWalker. If a wild Pokemon takes over, you will not be able to use this option until you have returned it.
  • Return from walk (おでかけから かえす) - This option will take the Pokemon in the PokeWalker out of it. If a wild Pokemon joins you when you have no lead Pokemon, you must use this button first and then use the 'go for a walk' button as listed above.
  • Receive Present (プレゼントを うけとる) - This will not return your Pokemon to the game from the PokeWalker, rather, it will return your Watts, caught Pokemon and items to the game and leave your Pokemon in the PokeWalker.

Other important information:

• 20 steps = 1w
  • Each course has three pre-set advantaged Pokemon types.
  • Walking with a Pokemon that has an advantaged-type will bring the required steps to find a certain Pokemon down by 25%. It also appears to make rarer Pokemon easier to find.
  • Each PokeWalker course consists of three groups. Each of these groups have two Pokemon in them. When a Pokemon is sent to the PokeWalker, the PokeWalker will randomly pick one Pokemon from each group. The Pokemon that did not get randomly selected within a group will not ever appear during that walk.
  • Pokemon can only gain 1 level per walk
  • 1 exp for every step (A Pokemon will not gain any more experience once it has enough for one level, but it will continue to gain happiness)
  • Random Pokemon will fill in for the lead Pokemon sometimes if no lead Pokemon is in the PokeWalker. You will know when this happens because this speech balloon will pop-up:
    itempokewalker.jpg
  • The greater a Pokemon's happiness, the better chances are it will find a higher number of Watts for you periodically. Aside from finding Watts, a Pokemon can also find items. In order to take these found Watts/item from your Pokemon just press the center button when one of the below icons appear:
    • 10wpokewalker.jpg
      = 10w
    • 20wpokewalker.jpg
      = 20w
    • 50wpokewalker.jpg
      = 50w
    • itempokewalker.jpg
      = Item

Note 1: Keep in mind that sometimes even though one of the speech balloons show up doesn't always mean that they will be holding Watts or an item.

PokeRadar.jpg
PokeRadar
ポケトレ

• Description: The PokeRadar is one of the features available inside of the PokeWalker. Once used, you get the chance of searching for a Pokemon inside of one of four patches of grass. Once a Pokemon is found using the PokeRadar, you get into a small battle with it. Rules are very similar to that of the normal Pokemon games, you have to knock the wild Pokemon's health down to low, and then throw a Poke Ball to catch it. There are three options that you are given to battle, which are:
    • Attack (こうげき) - [Left Button] Hits the opponent to lower HP.
    • Catch (つかまえる) - [Center Button] Throw a Poke Ball in order to catch the wild Pokemon.
    • Dodge (かわす) - [Right Button] When the opponent Pokemon goes to attack, you can dodge it and do damage with a counter attack.

PokeWalkerAtk-Dodge-Catch.jpg

• There is a limit of up to three Pokemon that you can catch at a time on the PokeWalker. For any wild Pokemon that you catch after your box maxes-out at three, you will have the option of switching-out with one of your previous catches. If your Pokemon is knocked out during battle on the PokeWalker, you will loose up to 10W. Opposing Pokemon are not knocked out, if they run out of life then they run away. Here are some of the situations that might happen for each option:
    • Attack (こうげき):
      • Normal Hit (-1 Life Bar)
      • Critical Hit (-2 Life Bars)
      • Opponent Dodges
    • Dodge (かわす):
      • Counter Attack (-1 Life bar)
      • Stare-off (Neither Pokemon takes damage)
      • Opponent runs away
    • Catch (つかまえる):
      • Succeed
      • Fail (Wild Pokemon will run away if the Poke Ball fails to catch it)
  • Cost: 10W
  • Limit: 3 Pokemon

ItemFinder.jpg
Item Finder
ダウジング

• Description: The Item Finder is another one of the many features that the PokeWalker holds. When used, you get a total of two chances to search out an item among six patches of grass. Similar to the PokeRadar, the Item Finder also holds a limit of three. You can only bring back three items at a time to the games, so once you pass the limit of three items, you have to start switching out old items for new ones if you see fit. There are one of two messages that will appear if you do not find your item the first time. They are:
    • ちかくに はんのう - Response from close (In a patch on either the direct left or right hand side)
    • とおくに はんのう - Response from far (In a patch two or more away from where you searched)
  • Cost: 3W
  • Limit: 3 items

Communication.jpg
Communication
つうしん

• Description: If you connect to a friend's PokeWalker, you can both receive items. You are only allowed to communicate with the same friend once per day. There is a limit of ten items that you can hold when receiving items via this method. This is also the option that you use to send your Pokemon from and to the game.
  • Error Messages:
    • あいてがいません - There is nothing to communicate with (make sure you are close enough)
    • つうしんしっぱい - Failed while communicating (just retry)
  • Cost: --
  • Limit: Same friend only once per day; up to 10 items (Communication with the game is unlimited)

informationpokewalker.jpg
Information
じょうほう

• Description: This is the option to find out information about the PokeWalker's current status/owner/walking information. When you select this option, you will be brought to a screen that will have 3 lines:
    1. Trainer Name
    2. Current Course Name
    3. Current Time

• Press right up to seven times from there and you will be brought to a screen with four lines:
    1. Day (-1 ~ -7)
    2. Steps
    3. Total number of days
    4. Total steps over the number of days in line 3

itemspokemonpokewalker.jpg
Held
てもち

• Description: This is where to check what items you have and what Pokemon you have caught. Simply go through your list using left and right to see what you have.

settingspokewalker.jpg
Settings
せってい

• Description: This is the place to change either sound (left) or contrast (right) settings. Sound has 3 different settings; Mute, Medium, Loud. To change the contrast just scroll through the contrast bar until you get the contrast you like.
  • pokewalkersettingssound.jpg
    Sound
  • pokewalkersettingscontr.jpg
    Contrast

For a list of Pokemon, Items, etc obtainable in the PokeWalker Courses, check here: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
DPPt EV Guide

General EV Info
[spoil]Almost everything posted by hemslow

Platinum information by GameFAQs

"Where to aim and FAQ by Kyogre35

Contents

Post One

Preparation
Introduction
Training
Items
Macho Brace
Power Items
EXP Share
Pokérus
Berries
Tips
Distribution
Jump & Trip
Speed
HP
Defenses
Glossary
Links
Continue

Post Two

Hot Spots
FAQ.

Preparation

Before you even think about EV training, you will need to have a Pokémon with the correct nature and good individual values. Take a look at the Smogon University Breeding Guide.

Introduction

Effort values, or ‘EVs,’ (sometimes referred to as effort points or ‘EPs,’) are gained by battling your Pokémon. EVs that are gained in battle are added to a statistic depending on the Pokémon that you defeat. Each Pokémon can earn 510 EVs with a maximum of 252 EVs allocated for each statistic. Every 4 EVs that a Pokémon earns in one statistic adds a one point increase to that statistic by the time the Pokémon reaches LV100.

127 points can be added to your Pokémon by level 100 from successful EV training with a maximum of a 63 point increase (252/4) in one statistic. As EVs gained are added to the total statistic by level 100, a direct effect may not always be visible when leveling up, especially in lower levels. If you EV trained a higher level Pokémon the effect would be more noticeable when leveling up as there are less levels to reach LV100 and therefore less levels to spread the EV gains across.

Any Pokémon that is caught in the wild or hatched from an egg will not have any EVs. If you level up a Pokémon in Day Care or use the item Rare Candy the Pokémon will not gain EVs.

Training

To train a Pokémon to gain EVs you need to battle Pokémon in the wild or face off against other trainers within the game. You must defeat the Pokémon in battle to gain EVs. You will not gain EVs by battling online, or in the Battle Tower. Basically, wherever you will earn experience points you will also earn EVs.

EVs are hidden values and must be calculated manually. Make sure you know the amount of EVs the Pokémon you are facing will give you so that you can accurately record your EVs. If you are unsure, the Serebii Pokédex displays EVs that Pokémon will emit from battle.

Let’s say I have a Lapras and I would like to increase my special attack statistic to its full potential. Gastly will give me 1 EV in special attack, so going to the Old Chateau and defeating 252 Gastly will give me the maximum 63 point increase to the special attack statistic of my Lapras. If I tried to further EV train the special attack statistic after gaining 252 EVs, the EVs would be wasted and would have no effect.

Items

Fortunately you can speed the EV training process up using items. HP Up, Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc and Carbos can all be used to raise EVs. Each of these items will add 10 EVs to the corresponding statistic. These items are limited to 10 of each item per Pokémon. The items can be purchased from the Veilstone Apartment Store. Below is a list of the statistics they will raise.

HP Up - HP
Protein - Attack
Iron - Defense
Calcium - Special Attack
Zinc - Special Defense
Carbos - Speed

Macho Brace

The Macho Brace will double the amount of EVs that you earn. For example, defeating Floatzel would usually give a Pokémon 2 EVs in speed but a Pokémon holding the Macho Brace will receive double the EVs, 4. The only disadvantage to this item is that it will cut your speed statistic in half whilst it’s being held. The Macho Brace can be obtained by showing 3 types of Burmy to a boy who lives in Pastoria City, directly above the Pokémart.

Power Items

Power items are the fastest method of EV training your Pokémon. There is a power item for each statistic, each one will give 4 EVs in the corresponding statistic each time you defeat a Pokémon. Each of the power items can be obtained by trading 16 battle points at the Battle Park. Like Macho Brace, holding a Power Item will cut your speed statistic in half.

Let’s say I battle and defeat a wild Floatzel. Usually this would give 2 speed EVs. Holding the Power Anklet will gain an extra 4 EVs in speed, totaling 6 speed EVs altogether. Power items will always give the 4 EVs in the corresponding item statistic regardless of the Pokémon you face. For example, let’s say we battle and defeat the same Floatzel that will give 2 speed EVs. This time, if the Pokémon is holding the Power Bracer instead of the Power Anklet the 2 speed EVs will be gained from the Floatzel as well as 4 EVs in attack from the Power Bracer.

Power Weight - HP
Power Bracer - Attack
Power Belt - Defense
Power Lens - Special Attack
Power Band - Special Defense
Power Anklet - Speed

EXP Share

EXP Share is another useful item for EV training as EVs are gained each time experience is gained. If a Pokémon in your party is holding the EXP Share item, it will gain the same EVs as if it was the active Pokémon in battle.

Let’s say Lapras is my active Pokémon and I have a Drifloon in my party holding EXP Share. Lapras defeats a Gastly and gains 1 special attack EV. Drifloon will also gain 1 special attack EV. If Lapras was holding a Power Item, Lapras would gain 1 special attack EV and an extra 4 EVs in the relevant stat. The EXP Share Pokémon, Drifloon, would not gain the extra boost from the Power Item that Lapras was holding, it would only gain the 1 EV in special attack that the Gastly emits.

Pokérus

Pokérus is a Pokémon virus that will double the amount of EVs you earn in battle after all item increases. For example, if Lapras with Pokérus battles and defeats Floatzel it will gain 4 speed EVs, instead of the usual 2 speed EVs. If Lapras with Pokérus was holding the Power Anklet it would gain 2 speed EVs from Floatzel plus 4 speed EVs from the Power Anklet, this would then be doubled by Pokérus to give an end result of 12 speed EVs. Finally, if Lapras was holding the Power Bracer it would gain 2 speed EVs from Floatzel plus 4 attack EVs, these would then both be doubled by Pokérus to give 4 Speed EVs and 8 attack EVs. Pokérus will not multiply the effect of HP Up, Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc and Carbos.

Berries

If you miscalculate EVs whilst training, accidently apply EVs to the wrong statistic or change your mind about your EV spread there are berries available to reduce your EVs. All the berries can be obtained from the Berry Master who lives on route 208.

The berries will drop EVs in the corresponding statistic by 10, or if the amount of EVs in the statistic was over 100, the berry would reduce the stat to 100. For example if Lapras had 96 EVs in special attack each Hondew Berry would reduce the EVs by 10. If Lapras had 216 EVs in special attack, the first Hondew Berry would reduce the EVs to 100 and every Hondew Berry used thereafter would reduced the EVs by 10.

If you are completely unsure of the amount of EVs your Pokémon has, using 11 of each berry will clear all EVs.

21 Pomeg Berry - HP
22 Kelpsy Berry - Attack
23 Qualot Berry - Defense
24 Hondew Berry - Special Attack
25 Grepa Berry - Special Defense
26 Tamato Berry - Speed

Tips

EV training can be completed at any level but it is best to complete EV training on your Pokémon at as low a level as possible to make leveling up your Pokémon an easier process. If you complete EV training at low levels you no longer need to worry about recording EVs and it becomes faster to reach LV100.

Distribution

EV spreads for competitive battling can be found on Smogon Univeristy. Depending on the moveset and purpose of your Pokémon, you may want to create your own. When creating you’re own EV spreads there are some vital things that you will need to take into account. Jump and trip points, speed, HP and defenses.

Jump & Trip

The nature that you give your Pokémon will effect EV training due to a 10% increase of one statistic and a 10% decrease of another statistic. Because of these percentage gains/losses the EVs that you invest into the effected stats will differ.

252 EVs is the maximum that can be placed into one statistic equaling a 63 point gain. If a nature is beneficial to a statistic the 10% increase of the statistic will actually add more than 63 points from 252 EVs. 1 extra point is added at each of the following ‘jump points.’ If you maximized a nature beneficial statistic, or at least passed all the EV jump points an extra 6 points will be gained. The maximum point increase becomes 69, instead of 63.

Jump Points: 16 56 96 136 176 216

For example, if I had a Jolly natured Scyther and placed 176 EVs into speed I would gain 44 points from the EVs (176/4) and an extra 5 points as I have passed 5 jump points, totaling a 49 point gain. Jump points can only ever effect a nature beneficial statistic, they have no effect to a nature hindering statistic or a neutral statistic.

Trip points work similarly to jump points. If a nature hinders a statistic the 10% decrease will add less than 63 points from 252 EVs. 1 point is deducted at each of the following ‘trip points.’ If you maximized a nature hindering statistic, or at least passed all the EV trip points, 6 points will be deducted from the statistic. The maximum point increase becomes 57, instead of 63.

Trip points: 20 60 100 140 180 220

Jolly Scyther will decrease the special attack statistic by 10%. Let’s say I want to invest 100 EVs into the special attack statistic of my Scyther. I would gain 25 points from the EVs (100/4) but loose 3 points as I have passed 3 trip points, totaling a 22 point gain. Trip points can only effect a nature hindering statistic, they have no effect to a nature beneficial statistic or a neutral statistic. As you can see from the ludicrous example above, trip points should never really come into play as there should be no reason to EV train a statistic that you have chosen to decrease with nature.

Speed

EVs invested into speed should be calculated to outrun a base speed benchmark. Investing speed EVs to reach a benchmark will preserve your EVs for other statistics. The downside to EV training to a benchmark is that you will be unable to outrun Pokémon of the same type who have invested maximum EVs into the speed statistic.

To decide what benchmark of Pokémon you would like to outrun, take into account the purpose and moveset of your Pokémon. If you have an out-and-out sweeper such as Scyther, investing fully into the speed stat will be more beneficial than benchmarking.

Let’s use Leafeon to work out how to EV speed to a benchmark. With a jolly nature Leafeon has a maximum speed stat of 317, with 252 EVs, 31 IVs and 10% nature increase inclusive. Outrunning base 90 speed Pokémon will put Leafeon at a good advantage. Base 90 speed Pokémon can reach a maximum of 306 in the speed stat assuming they also have a speed beneficial nature, 252 EVs and 31 IVs.

The idea is to calculate how many EVs it will take to match the maximum possible speed of base 90 speed Pokémon, then outrun them but either 1 or 2 points. It’s up to you whether you choose to outrun by 1 or 2 points. The reason to outrun maximum speed by 2 points is to outrun those who have EV trained their Pokémon to outrun the same benchmark by 1.

First, subtract 69 (for maximum EVs, as both Pokémon in this example have a speed beneficial nature) from the maximum speed of the Pokémon you’d like to outrun and the maximum speed of the Pokémon you are EV training. If you wanted to use this same calculation while using Pokémon with a neutral nature or hindering nature in speed, deduct only 63 or 57 points for maximum EVs, (As detailed in the jump & trip section.)

Stage One
317-69 = 248
306-69 = 237

Next, subtract the stage one result for the base 90 speed Pokémon from the stage one result of Leafeon. Multiply the result by 4 to calculate the EV equivalent of point difference between the two speed statistics. Subtract the EV equivalent from 252 to calculate an estimate amount of EVs Leafeon will need to invest in the speed statistic to match the base 90 speed Pokémon statistic of 306.??In this case, this can only be an estimate as Leafeon has a beneficial nature in speed which will add jump points to the speed stat, throwing the calculation off slightly. If this same calculation was done with two neutral natured speed statistics, or at least Leafeon with a neutral speed statistic, this result would be exact.

Stage Two
248-237 = 11
11x4 = 44
252-44 = 208

Now, work out the point gain in speed Leafeon will acquire from 208 EVs with a speed beneficial nature. 208 EVs will equal a 52 point gain (208/4.) 208 EVs also passes 5 jump points. Add the jump points to the point gain then add that to the stage one result.

Stage Three
208/4 = 52
52+5+248 = 305

As you can see the outcome is a point short due to not passing the last jump point with the EVs. We need to make the speed stat of Leafeon 306 to equal base 90 speed Pokémon, so 4 more EVs will have to be invested. This requires Leafeon to invest 212 EVs (208+4.) Now you need to make the decision of whether you would like to outrun by 1 or 2 points, as explained earlier. In this case, by adding 4 more EVs, the speed statistic of Leafeon will pass the last jump point, 216, and become 308 which is perfect for outrunning the 306 maximum speed statistic of base 90 speed Pokémon.

A complete formula will look like this.

Stage One, Two & Three
x = ((252-(((s-e)-(o-e))*4))/4)+j+(s-e)

s = maximum speed of Pokémon
o = maximum outrun speed
e = EVs (57/63/69)
j = jump points

HP

When you are calculating the EVs invested into the HP statistic of your Pokémon that will also be holding either the Leftovers or Black Sludge item it is recommended to calculate your total HP stat to be divisible by 16 for maximum recovery.

Find the IV of your HP stat. Next, find the maximum your HP stat could reach with 31 IVs and 252 EVs. If you don’t know, check the Serebii Pokédex. Also, have a rough idea of the amount of EVs you would like to invest to the HP statistic. The following calculators can be used to calculate your IVs. (If you don’t know what IVs are, take a look at the Smogon University Breeding Guide.)

Serebii IV Calculator
MetalKid’s IV Calculator

I’ll use Leafeon to demonstrate calculating the HP. Let’s say Leafeon has 31 IVs in HP. Leafeon has a maximum HP statistic of 334 and I would like to invest around 120 EVs to my Leafeons HP statistic. 120 EVs will give a 30 point gain.

Subtract 94 (63 points for maximum EV training and 31 points for maximum IVs) from your maximum HP stat, in this case 334. Next, add the HP IVs, in this case 31, and the statistic points from the EVs you want to invest, in this case 30 points (120/4.) This will give you the actual HP stat at LV100.

Stage One
334-94+31+30 = 301

Divide the actual HP stat at LV100 by 16. If this number is whole then your HP stat is divisible by 16 and you will receive maximum Leftovers and Black Sludge recovery.

Stage Two
301/16 = 18.8125

This Leafeon does not have a HP statistic that is divisible by 16 as the outcome of the above calculation is not a whole number. We now need to find out how many more EVs to invest to the HP statistic so that it is divisible by 16. To do this we need to ignore the integer (everything to the left of the decimal place) from the stage two calculation and subtract the decimal from 1. In this case we ignore the 18 from 18.8125, then subtract 0.8125 from 1. Then, multiply the result by 16 to find the point increase, and then multiply the result of the point increase by 4 to display the extra number of EVs that will need to be invested.

Stage Three
1-0.8125 = 0.1875
0.1875x16 = 3
3x4 = 12

So my Leafeon will need to invest an extra 12 EVs to the original 120 EVs that I intended to invest in the HP statistic so that the HP statistic will be divisible by 16, gaining maximum Leftovers and Black Sludge Recovery.

A complete formula would look like this.

Stage One
x = (m-94+i+e)

m = maximum HP statistic at LV100
i = actual IVs
e = actual point gain from EVs

Stage Two
y = (x/16)

x = outcome of stage one

Stage Three
z = ((1-(y-INT(y)))*16)*4

y = outcome of stage two

If your Pokémon is not going to be holding either the Leftovers or Black Sludge item, it is advisable to make your HP stat an odd number to round down the effect of certain damage, such as weather effects.

Defenses

EV training a defensive Pokémon can be a lot more rewarding if you know what statistics to invest in. Firstly, always choose a nature that will increase the higher base statistic out of defense and special defense. More statistic points will be gained overall from a nature raising the higher defensive statistic and placing more EVs to the lower defensive statistic than the other way around.

Taking damage is calculated against the multiplication of the defensive statistics and the HP statistics. If you are looking to invest the majority of your EVs into defensive statistics so that your Pokémon is able to take big hits you will want to try to match the defense, special defense and HP statistics as best you can. Therefore, If your Pokémon has a high base HP, and lower defensive statistics, raise the defensive statistics. If your Pokémon has a low base HP but has high base defensive statistics, raise HP.

Lapras has a relatively high base HP statistic of 130, while its base defense statistic is 80 and special defense is 95. Lapras would gain best results from a special defense beneficial nature and EVs invested into both the defense and special defense statistics.

Cloyster has a poor base HP of 50. It’s defense statistic is 180 and its special defense statistic is only 45. Use the nature to increase the defense statistic and invest EVs heavily into HP and special defense.

You may also decide that it is best to maximise just one of the defensive statistics of a Pokémon with the intention of keeping the Pokémon away from either physical or special attacks and sponging the effect of the other. This is put to good effect on a Pokémon such as Drifblim, who is more likely to take special attacks and less likely to take physical attacks due to immunities. Drifblim already has a high base HP so using the nature to increase special defense and investing maximum EVs in special defense too will allow Drifblim to switch in well to special attacks and also have a respectable survivability.

Glossary

EV -Effort Value
EP -Effort Point
IV - Individual Value
EXP - Experience
HP - Hit Points
INT - Integer

Links

Try the links below to help you learn more before deciding on your final EV spreads.

Maximise Your Chances Of Winning

Effectively Apply EVs

Damage Formula

Maximising Defenses[/spoil]

Platinum EVs:
[spoil]again, this part was posted by Kyogre35.
Platinum information by GameFAQs.

I will use this format to explain the best places to EV train for every stat.
Where (What Route):
Who (What’s the trainer’s name, or if it’s a wild Pokemon):
Pokemon and levels: (The levels aren’t exact so prepare for an over under situation)
Total EV’s:
Notes (If any):

P.S.: I will only give wild Pokemon if there appearance rate is high.

So here we go…….
##############################################
HP #####################
##############################################

Where: Route 212 on the water, closer to Pastoria city.
Who: Wild Pokemon.
Pokemon and Levels: Quagsire and Wooper around level 40.
Total EV’s: Wooper 1 EV, Quagsire 2 EV’s.
Notes: Pretty high levels, but there the only ones to appear here.

Where: Route 209 right below Solaceon Town.
Who: Cowgirl Shelly
Pokemon and Levels: 5 Bidoof’s
Total EV’s: 5 Hp EV’s
Notes: Very nice spot to train. And even better while holding the Power Weight.

Where: Route 213 on the beach.
Who: Tuber Jared
Pokemon and Levels: 3 Gastrodon around level 50
Total EV’s: 6 Hp EV’s.
Notes: Great spot to train, probably my favorite for Hp training.

Where: Route 230
Who: Swimmer Sam
Pokemon and Levels: 1 Chinchou and 1 Lanturn around level 50.
Total EV’s: 3 Hp EV’s
Notes: Nice quick Battle since there is only two Pokemon.

Where: Route 219
Who: Tuber Mariel
Pokemon and Levels: 2 Marills around level 30
Total EV’s: 4 Hp EV’s
Notes: Short battle, probably best when training lower level Pokemon.

~~Platinum~~
Where: Route 213
Who: Tuber Jared
Pokemon and Levels: Gastrodon x3 Level 51
Total EVs: 6
Notes: Thank God for this guy. Though it requires rematching, I'm happy that Cowgirl Shelley's 5 Bidoofs have been avenged.

Where: Route 226
Who: Swimmer Lydia
Pokemon and Levels: Marill (2), Spheal (1), Wailmer (1) Levels 54
Total EVs: 4
Notes: Inferior to Tuber Jared but he's there.

Who: Swimmer Sam
Pokemon and Levels: Sealeo (2), Gastrodon (2) Levels 53
Notes: Also inferior to Tuber Jared but he's there.

###############################################
Attack ######################

Where: Route 213 in the hidden area.
Who: Swimmer Sheltin
Pokemon and Levels: 3 Gyarados around level 30
Total EV’s: 6 Att EV’s
Notes: Very good spot, only problem is he’s a swimmer….

Where: Route 229, fishing with Super Rod.
Who: Wild Pokemon
Pokemon and Levels: Gyarados with levels from 20 to 55
Total EV’s: 2 Att EV’s
Notes: Only Gyarados appear here, so this is a great spot, but the ranging levels are a problem.

Where: Cycling Road, third male when enter from the top.
Who: Cyclist John
Pokemon and Levels: 2 Staraptors around level 60
Total EV’s: 6 Att EV’s
Notes: It takes a few battles to evolve this trainers Pokemon, so don’t train right when you get there and battle him a few times to have him evolve.

Where: Route 225
Who: Ace Trainer Quinn
Pokemon and Levels: 1 Pinsir and 1 Mightyena around level 50
Total EV’s: 4 Att EV’s
Notes: Not great, but not bad.

Where: Solaceon Town
Pokemon and Levels: Unown around level 20
Total EV’s: 1 Att EV, and 1 Spec Att EV.
Notes: This is a GREAT spot to train mixed sweepers, a warning, Unown give 1 EV in BOTH Spec Att and Att.

Where: Twinleaf Town Pond. Fish with Super Rod
Who: Wild Pokemon.
Pokemon and Levels: Gyarados and Seaking from levels 20 to 50
Total EV's: Seaking and Gyarados both give 2 Att EV's.
Notes: Nothing wrong here.

~~Platinum~~

Where: Route 203
Who: Lass Madeline
Pokémon and levels: Staraptor (3), Bibarel (2). Levels 38.
Total EVs: 5
Notes: A few rematches, and you'll have an early Attack EV hotspot.

Where: Cycling Road
Who: Cyclist John
Pokémon and levels: Farfetch'd (1), Dodrio (2) and Staraptor (3). Levels 57~59
Notes: You'll need quite a few rematches for this one. Before this rematch, though, he has two Staraptors which give 3 Attack EVs each, so yeah.

Where: Route 213
Who: Swimmer Sheltin
Pokémon and levels: Gyarados x3 (2). Level 32.
Notes: One of many trainers with loads of Gyarado

Where: Route 215
Who: Jogger Craig
Pokémon and levels: Luxray x2 (3). Level 59.
Notes: In case you don't like killing Gyarados.

Where: Route 218
Who: Fisherman Miguel
Pokémon and levels: Gyarados x2 (2), Octillery (2). Level 51.
Notes: More Gyarados, but you have an Octillery to improve versatility.

Where: Route 210 North
Who: Wild
Pokémon and levels: Bibarel (2), Machop (1), Machoke (2), Scyther (1). Levels 28~30.
Notes: Pretty good spot. If you use the Pokeradar, Bagon also give 1 EV.

Defense #######################

Where: Iron Island. First you go into the entrance at the front. Then go down the steps on the left, after going down the elevator go down the stairs on the left.
Pokemon and Levels: Graveler, Geodude, Onix, and Steelix all around level 30.
Total EV’s: Onix and Geodude both give 1 Def EV, Steelix and Graveler both give you two.
Notes: Very good spot, just run from the Golbat that sometimes appear here.

Where: Route 210 in tall grass at the top right.
Who: Ninja Boy Fabian
Pokemon and Levels: 3 Geodude around level 20
Total EV’s: 3 Defense EV’s
Notes: Not great but gets the job done. You have to talk to him first so he gets out of the tall grass so you can use the Poke’ Radar. Also get plenty of Max Repels so you don’t run into Pokemon.

Where: Ruin Maniac Cave
Pokemon and Levels: Hippopotas and Geodude around level 20
Total EV’s: Both give 1 Def EV
Notes: Very good since they’re the only Pokemon that appear here.

Where: Route 212, bottom left of the route.
Who: Collector Dominique
Pokemon and Levels: 3 Geodude’s around level 20
Total EV’s: 3 Def EV’s
Notes: Good defense trainer, It's straight forward no strigs attached.

Where: Route 224
Who: Ace Trainer Jamie
Pokemon and Levels: One Metagross around level 56
Total EV's: 3 Defense EV's
Notes: Quick easy battle, but a high level Pokemon.

~~Platinum~~

Where: Iron Island
Who: Wild
Pokémon and levels: Graveler (2), Geodude (1), Onix (1), Steelix (2). Levels 30~35.
Notes: It's still the best one, and the addition of Steelix just made it even better.

Where: Route 207
Who: Hiker Kevin
Pokémon and levels: Geodude x3 (1 EV each), Onix (1). Level 17~19.
Notes: Easy for low-levelled ones.

Where: Route 228
Who: Pokemon Ranger Krista
Pokémon and levels: Lairon (2), Marowak (2). Level 57.
Notes: Kinda okay. At least they're higher-levelled.

Spec Att #######################

Where: Solaceon TownWho: Wild Pokemon
Pokemon and Levels: Unown around level 20
Total EV’s: 1 Att EV, and 1 Spec Att EV
Notes: This was also in Att so look there for notes.

Where: Old Chateau
Pokemon and Levels: Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar all around level 15
Total EV’s: Gastly gives 1 Spec Att EV, Haunter gives 2, and Gengar gives 3
Notes: To get the best results here insert R/S/E/FR/LG into the DS and go to the 5th room on the second floor.

Where: Route 214
Who: Psychic Abigail
Pokemon and Levels: A Gengar, Misdreavus, and Alakazam all around level 60
Total EV’s: 6 Spec Att EV’s and 1 Spec Def EV.
Notes: The only reason I put this in here is that 2/3 of her Pokemon give 3 Spec Att EV’s. So when she switches in the Misdreavus switch out to a level 100 Pokemon or some Pokemon that you want to EV train in Spec Def.

Where: Bottom of Route 214
Who: Collector Douglas
Pokemon and Levels: 3 Roselia around level 20
Total EV’s: 6 Spec Att EV’s
Notes: Great Spot! Nothing wrong here.

Where: Route 212
Who: Pokemon Ranger Jeffrey
Pokemon and Levels: 2 Prinplup around level 20.
Total EV’s: 4 Spec Att EV’s
Notes: This is just a straight forward place to train.

Where: Resort Area
Pokemon and Levels: Golduck with levels 40 to 55
Total EV’s: 2 Spec Att EV’s
Notes: The best spot, they’re the only Pokemon that appear here.

Where: Route 212, need HM Cut. Right when you go into Route 212 from Pastoria City there will be two trees to cut down below you, cut them and go across the bicycle path to a Trainer that's behind the trees.
Who:Scientist Shaun
Pokemon and Levels: Two Alakazam around level 60
Total EV's: 6 Spec Att EV's
Notes: Great Spot to train! It will take a few battles to evolve his Pokemon into Alakazam.

Where: The three lakes on the water
Pokemon and Levels: Golduck and Psyduck around level 20 to 40
Total EV's: Psyduck gives 1 Spec Att EV and Golduck gives 2.
Notes: Only Pokemon that appear here so a great spot

~~Platinum~~

Where: Old Chateau
Who: Wild.
Pokémon and levels: Gastly (1). Levels 14~17.
Notes: Earliest one, and probably really good because it's the only one you'll find. If you insert a GBA cartridge, Haunter and Gengar will appear and they give 2 and 3 Sp. Atk EVs respectively.

Where: Route 212 South
Who: Scientist Shaun
Pokémon and levels: Magneton (2), Alakazam (3). Levels 55 and 51
Total EVs: 5
Notes: A few rematches, and you'll get a pretty good trainer for Sp Atk. Shame he doesn't have two Alakazams anymore.

Spec Def #######################

Where: Route 210 in tall grass in the bottom left.
Who: Ninja Boy Davido
Pokemon and Levels: Dustox around level 25
Total EV’s: 3 Spec Def EV’s
Notes: Good spot to train seeing Spec Def’s spot’s are hard to come by. Same thing with Ninja Boy Fabian, You have to talk to him first so he gets out of the tall grass so you can use the Poke’ Radar. Also get lots of Max Repels so you don’t run into Pokemon.

Where: Any big area of water.
Pokemon and Levels: Tentacool and Tentacruel, Ranging from level 20 to level 55
Total EV’s: Tentacool gives 1 Spec Def EV, Tentacruel gives 2 Spec Def EV’s.
Notes: So this is half-way decent. The best route is Route 218. Also a good spot is the water in front of the Pokemon League. But with this luck is a big factor seeing Pelipper appear here often to. Just run away and you should be fine.

Who: Swimmer Sophia
Pokemon and Levels: 1 Mantyke and 1 Mantine around level 50.
Total EV’s: 3 Spec Def’s EV’s.
Notes: Good spot, problem is that you’re on water and your Surf speed is SLOW. If you have good patience then go for it.

Where: Route 230, at the top.
Who: Swimmer Mallory
Pokemon and Levels: Seel and Dewgong around level 50
Total EV’s: 3 Spec Def EV’s
Notes: Good spot, hard to reset the radar though. Also bring plenty or Max Repels.

Where: Route 224
Who: Dragon Tamer Hayden
Pokemon and Levels: 2 Altaria at Lv 60 via Vs Seeker.
Total EV's: 4 Spec Def EV's
Notes: Great Spot, all you need to do is rebattle this one.

~~Platinum~~

Where: Route 214
Who: Beauty Devon
Pokémon and levels: Wormadam x3 (Different Cloaks) (2 EVs each). Levels 24
Notes: The only girl with the Wormadam in DP that everyone was looking for now has three of them, and is undoubtedly a godsend for those training for Special Defense.

Speed #######################

Where: Route 205
Who: Fisherman Andrew
Pokemon and Levels: 6 Magikarp around level 10
Total EV’s: 6 Speed EV’s
Notes: Terrific spot. Low levels and you can get more when holding an item.

Where: Route 229 fishing with Old Rod
Pokemon and Levels: Magikarp with levels around 7
Total EV’s: Magikarp gives 1 Speed EV
Notes: Very good to. Magikarp is the only Pokemon that appears when fishing.

Where: Route 225
Pokemon and Levels: Fearow, Raticate around level 50. And Rattata and Spearow around level 20
Total EV’s: Fearow and Raticate give 2 Speed EV’s. And Rattata and Spearow give 1.
Notes: Good spot, just watch out for the other wild Pokemon that appear here and run away from them.

Where: Caves
Pokemon and Levels: Zubat and Golbat around level 10 to level 60
Total EV’s: Zubat gives 1 Speed EV, Golbat gives 2.
Notes: Now this is in here because almost every cave or Tower has Zubat of Golbat. The best places are, the Underground lake where you catch Feebas (SURF), and Snowpoint Temple Floor 1 (Sneasel gives 1 Speed EV to ;)).

Where:Victory Road, inside the area where you go after you beat the Pokemon League, and battle with the girl with Arcanine. You also need Surf.
Pokemon and Levels: Golbat around levels 35 to 50
EV's: Golbat give 2 Speed EV's
Notes: Good spot to train. Nothing wrong seeing when you Surf here there the only Pokemon that appear.

~~Platinum~~

Where: Route 205 North
Who: Fisherman Andrew
Pokémon and levels: Magikarp x6 (1 EV each). Level 10
Notes: At least this guy wasn't gone from DP like Cowgirl Shelley. Undoubtedly the easiest trainer to get Speed EVs from.

Where: Route 211 West
Who: Ninja Boy Zach
Pokémon and levels: Golbat (2), Crobat x2 (3). Levels 51.
Notes: Fisherman Andrew has a competitor! This one requires rematches, though, but it's the best one.

Questions and Answers
Seeing a lot of questions repeating, I decided to put some of the most common one’s here and hopefully these questions will quiet down. I had to move this because it wasn't seen so READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

Question 1: I EV trained and got 252 EV’s in Attack but the next level up it only went up +3. WHY?
Answer: This is a common question; the reason is EV’s are spread throughout the levels so you won’t see and immediate gain in one level up.
Question 2: Is there a way that I can find the EV’s a Pokemon has? Because I think I miscounted.
Answer: No there is not, we wish there was, but there isn’t. The best thing to do is use EV reducing berries to start all over again.
Question 3: Does it matter what level I start EV training on?
Answer: No, but there is a benefit of starting early. If you start early and max out the EV’s for that Pokemon, then you can level it up anyway you wish since you don’t have to worry about EV’s.

NOTE: If you want a question add here then PM me and I’ll put it here to hopefully decrease the amount of those questions. But they have to be common; probably some people will have to ask the question twice.

SO READ THIS PART AS IT IS A PART OF THE GUIDE!! AND HEMSLOW PUT LIKE "ALSO READ KYOGRE'S PART OF THE GUIDE IN CAPS AT THE TOP THAT IS 13 POSTS FROM THE TOP!!"[/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.