• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen graphics: can you see any improvment?

Graphics?: great or faliure?

• Incredible

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • Not Good

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • What is a graphic?

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
it would be cool to see a game like yellow version with todays graphics but they probably wont due to the fact that they just remade kanto a while ago

cocoa_adele

i was a bit surprised that the graphics werent like pokemon colleseum for nintendo 64 but they were still pretty good
i hope they get better

BCVM22

Colosseum was for the GameCube, not the N64, and if you were somehow surprised that a handheld game didn't have graphics comparable to a recent 3D console title, it's entirely on you.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I can see the art getting better and better, but I hope they don't hop on the 3D bandwagon until they're prepared to make good 3D graphics. No recycling the models they've been using since Stadium, no nuthin. I don't mean they have to be ultra-detailed, but I don't want to see stick people like in Colloseum or hilariously off-model Pokemon. I'm happy with the psuedo3D DPt has for now; it provides depth without demanding a huge shift in art style.

-Ghost-

I am actually glad they haven't switched to 3d graphics. One of the main reasons I chose to wifi battle on Dppt over pbr is the fact that with all their fancy 3d graphics every thing takes so much time. I hate how by the time the pokemon finish all of their little flips and spins and what not, you could be actually battling

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Eh, the 3d graphics in PBR are fine.

I mean, the Wii can handle it.

But the DS...

I can't see that happening unless they decide to blur things up.

By the way, you don't have to wait for the pokemon to finish. as soon as both trainers have selected their moves, the attacks begin.

-Ghost-

Eh, the 3d graphics in PBR are fine.

I mean, the Wii can handle it.

But the DS...

I can't see that happening unless they decide to blur things up.

By the way, you don't have to wait for the pokemon to finish. as soon as both trainers have selected their moves, the attacks begin.
I am aware that you do not have to wait for them to finish. Sorry if I was unclear but I was refering to when they preform their attacks.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
That makes even less sense.

In the Handheld, you STILL have to wait for your pokemon to finish their animation.

Rad3n

Banned
The graphics aren't spectacular, but they're seamless. To think the graphics will not improve is foolish. All Pokemon games thus far have featured improved graphics from their predecessors. There is nothing to indicate this trend will shift. I am ignoring spin-offs here, but it's true there too. The DS games already feature 3D graphics. For the record.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I wish Hoenn or Johto could be remade in Sinnoh-like graphics. I feel they have much more potential.

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
The more types of engines coming out, the better graphics can get...

Unreal 3 engine
Crytek

etc..

~:Shadow:~

I am quite impressed with the outstanding quality of Pokemon Battle Revolution. The Pokemon looked very cool and realistic, and the animations were good too. It's a total blast to the Pokemon world! xD

Drako

Darkness Eternal
I wish Hoenn or Johto could be remade in Sinnoh-like graphics. I feel they have much more potential.

Have you not seen the 2nd generations threads? lol =P

Of course pokemon graphics will improve, it's only normal with the advancement of technology. I just hope that they keep the quality that they have. Besides graphics don't matter to me as much as a game's story does and that sucks in all the pkm games...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
The R/S/E Pokemon sprites were better then D/P/Pt's Pokemon sprites were. It's disappointing to me to see that has happened.

The Pokemon could have Improved a lot to look better it didn't happen most Pokemon in platinum look worse. Some look better.

Last edited:
I think that the grafics are in the best possible style they could be this gen. I dont realy want them to do full on 3D (i belive that would be horrible), but mabie a 2.5D game. But if gamefreak proves me wrong i am fine with that.

Yrik

I think that the graphics right now, for a DS game, are fantastic. That said, I don't think the DS could handle a Pokemon game in full on 3D. I'd love it if they did an isometric 3D layout, as seen recently in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. I know absolutely nothing about game-making, but considering Liberty City in GTA is such a large area, I think that a Pokemon region could fit in a game made in that style. It would probably be as close to a Battle Revolution-style 3D game as we'll get, but I think it would be a great change.

Chaos Rush

The overworld graphics on D/P would be good, if the game was at 60 FPS. 3rd Gen games run at 60 FPS, but D/P/Pt runs at 30 FPS, which kinda sucks, since it doesn't look so smooth.

And to the above poster, D/P/Pt is actually fully 3D. Just the viewing angle is what tricks most people. If some people could hack the game, they could set the viewing angle to be in a different perspective (but some things would look weird). This is partially proven that on D/P, once you reach Dialga/Palkia, it will shows cutscenes of Spear Pillar, Valley Windworks, and Hearthome City in a first-person perspective. If you battle Dialga/Palkia on a Friday, you can actually see Drifloon's overworld sprite during the Valley Windworks cutscene. Also the binoculars in the lighthouse helps prove it.

However, the battles are obviously 2D, and so are most indoor buildings.

Spider Pig

I dislike a lot of the attack animations; they can be really pixelly i.e. Solarbeam. Some were better in the 3rd gen. However, many attacks are well-animated and the sprites and everything in the overworld look brilliant.

PBR's graphics are quite disappointing, but could be worse.

Last edited:

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Personally, I didn't like the 3D effect of DPP. My favorite graphics were those of R/S/E/FR/LG. They were good, but not slow. The 3rd dimension added in DPP slows the game a lot, biking in Diamond is running in Emerald, really.