• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4TH GEN Hack-Check Thread (New Rule Read first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Post here if you're not sure if your Pokemon is legitimate or not, or to help another user. Be sure to follow all other SPPf rules and use this form when posting:
Pokemon Species:
Nickname:
OT:
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno:
Shiny?:
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature:
Characteristic:
Ability:
Moves:
Level Caught at:
Current Level:
Stats:
Location Caught:
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In:
Game used to get info:
Any other notes?:

If you can provide a picture with this info and more, that would help out people checking.

Also check the event databases/Pokedex first yourself for some preliminary checking.

Disclaimer: Remember, it is impossible for anyone to truly say a Pokemon is legit unless you caught it yourself. This thread can serve as a guide to tell you if a Pokemon is definitely hacked, or tell you if it looks legit, but hackers can make any Pokemon look legit with enough effort.

1 Sept 12 NEW RULE: This thread is for Pokémon that are currently in a Diamond, Pearl Platinum, HeartGold or Soul Silver box or party. If the Pokémon you're checking is now in Black, White, Black 2 or White 2 box or party, you must use this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?497187-Hack-Check-Thread

EDIT BY BIG NUTTER (19-Mar-11): Added Game used to get info. -Depending on the game, some Locations in Sinnoh and All Locations in Johto/Kanto will display Faraway Place, instead of "Route 1".

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiny Darkrai

OT: DANNY

OT Gender: Blue

ID#: 15549

Shiny: Yes

EV's: not sure

LV's: not sure

Nature: Modest

Characteristic: Often dozes off

Ability: Bad Dreams

Moves: Quick Attack, Hypnosis, Pursuit, Nightmare

Level Caught At: Lv. 40

Current Level: 40

Stats: HP 118/118, Attack 80, Defense 89, Sp. Atk 137, Sp. Def 89, Speed 117

Location Caught: Newmoon Island

Egg: no

Pokeball Caught In: Masterball

Thank you for your time! I would like another one checked too, but I'll wait til later.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
OT: DANNY

ID#: 15549

Nature: Modest

Characteristic: Often dozes off

Ability: Bad Dreams

Moves: Quick Attack, Hypnosis, Pursuit, Nightmare

Level Caught At: Lv. 40

Current Level: 40

Stats: HP 118/118, Attack 80, Defense 89, Sp. Atk 137, Sp. Def 89, Speed 117

Location Caught: Newmoon Island

Pokeball Caught In: Masterball

Thank you for your time! I would like another one checked too, but I'll wait til later.

Legit Newmoon Island Darkrai were only released for Platinum and were Lv50. The Lv40 ones from D/P are either hacked or tweaked. But either way it's not legit.

Awesome, thanks!

Ho-oh?

OT: Kira

ID#: 18355

Nature: Lonely

Characteristic: Alert to sounds

Ability: Pressure

Moves: Sacred Fire, Punishment, AncientPower, Safeguard

Level Caught At: Lv. 70

Current Level: 70

Stats: HP 250/250, Attack 228, Defense 136, Sp. Atk 180, Sp. Def 242, Speed 152

Location Caught: Faraway Place

Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball

there are no ribbons either and is holding the Sacred Ash item. Looks very slightly touched, I can see one blue bar on the "to the next lv." bar.

Thanks again.

Byzantine

Which game are you playing?

Arudo

Pokemon Species: Male Garchomp
Nickname: GARCHOMP
OT: Scott
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 39158
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) i dont know
IV's: (if known) i dont know
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dig, Crunch, Dragon Rush
Level Caught at: Apparantly met at lvl 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP - 357, Attack - 296, Defense - 226, Sp. Atk - 196, Sp Def - 206, Speed - 240
Location Caught: Route 201
Egg?: no
Game used to get info: Soulsilver
Any other notes?: Mar. 14, 2011

Somone sent me this for a my lvl 1 Charmander. I have a question though, if you get a hacked pokemon, what happens?

Pansy :]

anustart
Pokemon Species: Male Garchomp
Nickname: GARCHOMP
OT: Scott
OT Gender: blue
IDno: 39158
EV's: (if known) i dont know
IV's: (if known) i dont know
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dig, Crunch, Dragon Rush
Level Caught at: Apparantly met at lvl 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP - 357, Attack - 296, Defense - 226, Sp. Atk - 196, Sp Def - 206, Speed - 240
Location Caught: Route 201
Game used to get info: Soulsilver
Any other notes?: Mar. 14, 2011

Somone sent me this for a my lvl 1 Charmander. I have a question though, if you get a hacked pokemon, what happens?

sorry, no where in the games can you find a legit level 100 garchomp.
If you get a hacked pokemon and use it, your game will implode, and I will hover over you with a knife while you sleep for the next twenty years
~Jenny~

Byzantine

The whole garchomp caught at route 201 is a dead give-away. ^ She was obviously joking, in reality using it is unlikely to cause any damage, normally the only person's game who gets damaged by hacking is the hacker's. (Abuse of an AR is not wise). But it will get you in trouble to use it against other people.

Flame Mistress

Pokemon species: Electrike
Nickname: none
OT: Song
OT colour: blue
IDno: 55902
Evs: N/A
Ivs: N/A
Nature: Bold
Characteristics: proud of it's power.
Ability: Static
Moves: roar, discharge, charge, thunder
Level caught at: lv100
Current level: lv100
Stats: 112/93/158/112/149
Location caught: route 205
Pokeball caught in: masterball
Game used to get info: HeartGold
Any other notes?: caught on Nov. 27, 2010, currently in my Platinum game. Question: what's wrong about a hacked pokemon, and does it do any damage to your game?

Last edited:
Pokemon species: Electrike
Nickname: none
OT: Song
OT colour: blue
IDno: 55902
Evs: N/A
Ivs: N/A
Nature: Bold
Characteristics: proud of it's power.
Ability: Static
Moves: roar, discharge, charge, thunder
Level caught at: lv100
Current level: lv100
Stats: 112/93/158/112/149
Location caught: route 205
Pokeball caught in: masterball
Game used to get info: HeartGold
Any other notes?: caught on Nov. 27, 2010, currently in my Platinum game. Question: what's wrong about a hacked pokemon, and does it do any damage to your game?

It is totally a hack , lvl 100 pokemon don't exist in any game(if caught at that lvl)but hacks don't blow up ur game , no worrys , but better get rid of it

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
It is totally a hack , lvl 100 pokemon don't exist in any game(if caught at that lvl)but hacks don't blow up ur game , no worrys , but better get rid of it

Magikarp in HG/SS and DW Arceus in B/W would like to disagree with you. :p

Byzantine

Magikarp in platinum as well, but still, those are 2-3 very specific cases that that pokemon clearly does not fall into.

Arudo

Thank you very much people. I'll keep GARCHOMP in a box by itself and threaten my other pokemon with it when they misbehave. (I woun't put them in the same box though) And then I'll set it freeeee, thanks again :)

Byzantine

If you keep it just make sure to not use it in online battles or trades, etc. No one really cares what you have as long as you keep it to yourself :).

?

So I should just assume that since I haven't heard anything else about my Ho-oh, that its not legit?

Byzantine

No, that just means no one has taken the time to check it out. I think they RNGed it, and probably cloned it afterwords, but it does appear legit.

dragonmaster_01

Hi
I have trade a pokemon for a ditto with perfect ivs.
But the ditto is hacked, are the pokemon that i breed with it hacked? or they are legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.