• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4TH GEN Hack-Check Thread (New Rule Read first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
i beg to differ. I've RNGed my ID to be 0/0 before.

This is not naturally gotten from the game.

Therefore tweaked because you rnged it.

People should understand by tweaking the game is the same as adding additional data to make the original better however without the approval of the maker. However people just like to make excuses that it is legitimate to do so.

Last edited:

Infiltrator

Bridge Guarder

People should understand by tweaking the game is the same as adding additional data to make the original better however without the approval of the maker. However people just like to make excuses that it is legitimate to do so.

If it cant be "gotten naturally" from the game then it cant be RNGd.

Bond697

why are you "helping" in the hack checking thread when you don't know what you're talking about? you can't rng something that isn't legal.

DcMyth

Field Marshal
What is rng?
And ev,iv again what's this

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
RNG is random number generator. All games have this, but usually for Pokemon game RNG refers to 'abusing' the game system to give you the nature and IVs you want. People usually do this for perfect shinies. That is why I am against this.

You could drop by in Serebii.net for more info for Game Mechanics. Since this is hack thread, I do not want to go off topic for this.

Here is the link.
http://www.serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml

RNG is random number generator. All games have this, but usually for Pokemon game RNG refers to 'abusing' the game system to give you the nature and IVs you want. People usually do this for perfect shinies. That is why I am against this.[/url]

Oh, boohoo. For the purpose of the hack-check threads, RNG abuse is legitimate (it is, anyway...). If you've got a problem with RNG abuse, complain about it somewhere else.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Pokemon Species:Celebi
Nickname: N/A
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: N/A
EV's: No Idea
IV's: No Idea
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to relax. Likes bitter food.
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Ancient Power, Future Sight, Baton Pass, Perish Song
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 70.
Current Level: 70
Stats: 163/161/154/180/135
Location Caught: Hoenn May 3, 2007
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Game used to get info: In Diamond
Any other notes?: I got a trade from my friend and not sure if this is the real one.

ebevan91

Pokemon Species:Celebi
Nickname: N/A
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: N/A
EV's: No Idea
IV's: No Idea
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Likes to relax. Likes bitter food.
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Ancient Power, Future Sight, Baton Pass, Perish Song
Level Caught at: Arrived at Lv. 70.
Current Level: 70
Stats: 163/161/154/180/135
Location Caught: Hoenn May 3, 2007
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Game used to get info: In Diamond
Any other notes?: I got a trade from my friend and not sure if this is the real one.

That's legit.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Well this is massively cloned from what I studied the GTS.

It is legit but massively cloned. If you aren't picky about originality, well great for you.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Well this is massively cloned from what I studied the GTS.

It is legit but massively cloned. If you aren't picky about originality, well great for you.

How can you tell that is a cloned? I can't tell weather if cloned or not. I am surprise you said Celebi is a cloned.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Because I have 3 of them from GTS before...the same nature, characteristic, stats and untouched.

ebevan91

How can you tell that is a cloned? I can't tell weather if cloned or not. I am surprise you said Celebi is a cloned.

I think he/she's saying that the 10ANIV Celebi is a popular clone.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Yup. As I stated it is legit but cloned massively in GTS.

So yeah don't care about it if you just want a legit Celebi. Though in trade shops, some people would rather have the UNCLONED event for value of their event Pokemon.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Because I have 3 of them from GTS before...the same nature, characteristic, stats and untouched.

Interesting...

So yeah don't care about it if you just want a legit Celebi. Though in trade shops, some people would rather have the UNCLONED event for value of their event Pokemon.

Well, someone who is lucky have it. A cloned Celebi I can accept it. Thanks for checking it out.

Legal, you mean. And good luck getting an uncloned or otherwise untouched event from almost a decade ago.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Ah.

I have move on to 5th gen.

I am no longer helping in hack thread. It is kind of sad people are using this to vent their anger when this is just checking a Pokemon data. I have try not to vent my anger but explain in a calm and professional manner.

Farewell. This shall be my last off topic and last post for the whole 4th gen session.

Ah.

I have move on to 5th gen.

I am no longer helping in hack thread. It is kind of sad people are using this to vent their anger when this is just checking a Pokemon data. I have try not to vent my anger but explain in a calm and professional manner.

Farewell. This shall be my last off topic and last post for the whole 4th gen session.

No one is "venting anger" towards you. The problem is that you're constantly giving incorrect information, which is why you're being criticized, not because everyone is angry with you.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I know that Id no of 00000 are "valid" numbers in the for that entry, but if the RNG can produce it is another matter, is something I really don't know about. Proving your claims should have been.

This thread is really for help people to work out if they have hack or not. I know you can hack a Pokémon that this thread will be able to not be able detect. I'd going to say Most visitor don't care about the difference between Legal and Legit.

Legal - Pokémon is as far as we can tell a real Pokémon. May be a hack, but we can't tell.
Legit - short for Legitimate. Pokémon is not a hack and a real one.

Some of you should have word things better. Now you know some of my Thread shuts read "Shutting- Rule X Broken - GPD rules."

Status
Not open for further replies.