• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4TH GEN Hack-Check Thread (New Rule Read first post.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
GTS Deoxys (I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to find one that's legit but oh well.. lol ) :

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: something in japanese
OT: something in japanese
OT Gender: male
IDno: 03139
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) not known
IV's: (if known) not known
Nature: bashful
Characteristic: likes to run, happily eats everything
Ability: Pressure
Moves:
- recover
- psycho boost
- protect
- drain punch
Level Caught at: "arrived at level 100" "kanto" "nov. 3rd 2010"
Current Level: 100
Stats:
HP: 223
attack: 220
def: 195
spatk: 199
spdef: 195
speed: 397
Location Caught: "arrived at level 100" "kanto" "nov. 3rd 2010"
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: masterball
Game used to get info: Kanto
Any other notes?:
- Champion Ribbon and Sinnoh Champ Ribbon

EDIT: just got this mewtwo as well:

Pokemon Species: Mewtwo
Nickname: none
OT: ERIC
OT Gender: male
IDno: 41077
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) not known
IV's: (if known) not known
Nature: adamant
Characteristic: likes to fight, likes spicy food
Moves:
- psycho boost
- Amnesia
- Power Swap
- Guard Swap
Level Caught at: "apparently met at level 70"
Current Level: 70
Stats:
HP: 246
attack: 195
def: 131
spatk: 205
spdef: 140
speed: 196
Location Caught: "Faraway Place"
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: masterball
Game used to get info:
Any other notes?: diamond
-no ribbons

As long as the Deoxys is in its speed form it's ok, otherwise the stats are off. Though I should point out that event is quite rare. The Mewtwo is fine. Looks like it's from HGSS and no one would hack an adamant natured Mewtwo (unless you're looking to confuse/surprise your opponent with a Physical Mewtwo).

Last edited:

ClefairyKid

Pokemon Addict
Yeah it's in it's speed forme... I thought that it might be suss because of being caught in a masterball but I think the event is the sort where you can catch it and therefore it might make sense that someone did that... and also suss because it arrived at level 100 from kanto... but I guess it's possible... just really don't trust deoxys from GTS XD I tried looking through the even database but couldn't find one listed there with the same ID no...

I thought it would be strange that someone gave their shiny mewtwo away on GTS o - 0 If it was SRd for it would have taken ages, surely you wouldn't want to do it without negotiating for something specific with someone first...

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
Yeah it's in it's speed forme... I thought that it might be suss because of being caught in a masterball but I think the event is the sort where you can catch it and therefore it might make sense that someone did that... and also suss because it arrived at level 100 from kanto... but I guess it's possible... just really don't trust deoxys from GTS XD I tried looking through the even database but couldn't find one listed there with the same ID no...

I thought it would be strange that someone gave their shiny mewtwo away on GTS o - 0 If it was SRd for it would have taken ages, surely you wouldn't want to do it without negotiating for something specific with someone first...

lol I didn't even notice that it was shiny. Its still fine, that Mewtwo can be shiny.
The Deoxys is from the Birth Island event in FrLg. You got a special ticket from an event and use it to go to Birth Island to catch the Deoxys. That's why you didn't find the ID on the database, because it has the ID of the player.

While both of these Pokémon are suspicious, they're not blatant hacks (which is the only thing we can say in this thread).

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Any good "checkers" out there? More than one opinion is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Ohh and I'm playing Diamond....

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: None (unless nicknamed the same ???)
OT: Aiden
OT Gender: Male
IDno: 42545
Shiny?: No
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Strong Willed
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Hypnosis; Faint Attack; Nightmare; Double Team
Level Caught at: Apparently met at Lv. 50
Current Level: Lv. 50
Stats: HP 143; Atk 97; Def 100; Sp Atk 147; Sp Def 110; Spd 154
Location Caught: Newmoon Island
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball
Game used to get info: Diamond
Any other notes?: It should have some EVs since it has about 4000 Exp. as seen in its Exp gauge. Current Exp: 161459
and I got it off the GTS trying to find a legit looking Darkrai. This one seemed ok, but still....

Some say that a Members Card Darkrai it's supposed to say "Had a fateful encounter" or something like that,
but what if the Darkrai was reached via tweaking?

Last edited:

Kevin24

Event Collector
newmoon darkrais do not say fateful encounter. they are only legal if they are from the member card in platinum. the darkrai from diamond and pearl are not legal. doesn't matter what people say about the tweaking glitch.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Actually I think you helped me figure out something. Since it was met at Lv. 50 is must be from platinum. Or it's hacked.
As for the D/P Darkrai, I'm ok with it. I caught one myself through tweaking but lost it at the GTS for a japanese hack.
Unfortunately I don't remember what info it had, so that's why I'm asking.

Last edited:
Nickname: Dialga
OT: Jerm
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male) Blue
IDno: 28658
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) don't know
IV's: (if known) don't know
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Moves: Metal Claw, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Roar of Time
Level Caught at: 47
Current Level: 47
Stats: Attack: 145 Defense: 126 Sp. Atk: 147 Sp. Def: 103 Speed: 88
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra ball
Game used to get info: Diamond
Any other notes?: Got in GTS trade or another trade forum, can't remember....:(

Last edited:

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Looks fine to me. Maybe it ha perfect IV for attack but that is about it.

Hmm I hardly drop by here as I active in 5th gen though...

Radiozone

Is my shiny legit?

Hello this is my first time in the forums I just wanted to ask if my shiny Manaphy or shiny Gyarados are hacked.

Manaphy:
Lv. 1 I got it for a Deoxys from GTS
It was caught(hatched) with Poké Ball his OT is DAVIDS(and a strange letter at the end that looks like a smile)
ID No. 54747
Ability: Hydration
Info:
Lonely nature.
Aug. 27, 2009
Pokémon Ranger
Egg arrived.
Aug. 29, 2009
Route 202
Egg apparently hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick to flee.

Gyarados:
I got it from GTS his OT is probably Japanese because the OT name and the Gyarados name are in Japanese caught with Quick Ball
ID No. 44757
Ability: Intimidate
Info:
Relaxed nature.
Sep. 15, 2009
Faraway place
Apparently met at
Lv. 30
Somewhat vain.
Likes sour food.

Pokemon Pearl

So, what do you think?
Thanks for reading my thread!

Last edited:

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Hello this is my first time in the forums I just wanted to ask if my shiny Manaphy or shiny Gyarados are hacked.

Manaphy:
Lv. 1 I got it for a Deoxys from GTS
It was caught(hatched) with Poké Ball his OT is DAVIDS(and a strange letter at the end that looks like a smile)
ID No. 54747
Ability: Hydration
Info:
Lonely nature.
Aug. 27, 2009
Pokémon Ranger
Egg arrived.
Aug. 29, 2009
Route 202
Egg apparently hatched.
Fateful encounter.
Quick to flee.

Gyarados:
I got it from GTS his OT is probably Japanese because the OT name and the Gyarados name are in Japanese caught with Quick Ball
ID No. 44757
Ability: Intimidate
Info:
Relaxed nature.
Sep. 15, 2009
Faraway place
Apparently met at
Lv. 30
Somewhat vain.
Likes sour food.

Pokemon Pearl

So, what do you think?
Thanks for reading my thread!

Both pokemons looks fine, I have no reason to believe they are hacked pokemons.

shadefalcon

Shiny Crazed Falcon
I have received numerous Event Pokemon over trades in the years I've been playing Pokemon, and I'm just getting back into the Game now. I'm aware of all the physical and obvious signs a Pokemon is hacked, but I have trouble with the Stat calculator. So I'll post up one of the Pokemon events I have currently, and I need to know how to figure out myself for future reference if the STATS in particular are hacked, maxed out, cheated etc. I've entered some Pokemon of mine into the calculator and received messages like this:

Deoxys .ATK Lv.75 does not compute!
Speed (254) should be 230 to 253.
The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate. ---

Does this kind of a message mean it was hacked or is it just some sort of error? I need to know what kind of message the calculator would display to clue me in on the hacked nature of a pokemon or not. As the stats seem to be the only concern of mine since all the other info on these events is clearly legit, and all of them have been UT. (Un-Touched)

So I'll post up one random one for now. Thank you and I appreciate the help.

Pokemon Species: SHAYMIN
Nickname: None
OT: Move11
OT Gender: None
IDno: 04019
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Good perserverance
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Lv. 50
Stats: HP - 161, Attack - 116, Defense - 128, Sp. Atk - 106, Sp. Def - 113, Speed - 100
Location Caught: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It has a "Classic Ribbon".

1quacka1

Lazy Collector
I have received numerous Event Pokemon over trades in the years I've been playing Pokemon, and I'm just getting back into the Game now. I'm aware of all the physical and obvious signs a Pokemon is hacked, but I have trouble with the Stat calculator. So I'll post up one of the Pokemon events I have currently, and I need to know how to figure out myself for future reference if the STATS in particular are hacked, maxed out, cheated etc. I've entered some Pokemon of mine into the calculator and received messages like this:

Deoxys .ATK Lv.75 does not compute!
Speed (254) should be 230 to 253.
The Effort Points or Nature may be inaccurate. ---

Does this kind of a message mean it was hacked or is it just some sort of error? I need to know what kind of message the calculator would display to clue me in on the hacked nature of a pokemon or not. As the stats seem to be the only concern of mine since all the other info on these events is clearly legit, and all of them have been UT. (Un-Touched)

So I'll post up one random one for now. Thank you and I appreciate the help.

Pokemon Species: SHAYMIN
OT: Move11
OT Gender: None
IDno: 04019
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Aromatherapy, Substitute, Energy Ball
Level Caught at: Lv. 50
Stats: HP - 161, Attack - 116, Defense - 128, Sp. Atk - 106, Sp. Def - 113, Speed - 100
Location Caught: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Any other notes?: It has a "Classic Ribbon".

Try a few different stat calculators, make sure you're putting the nature/stats/EVs in correctly. It's probably best if you wiped your EVs with berries too.

⊙ᴗ⊙
Moving this over from the other hack-check thread since I didn't know this one existed. Whoopsies:

Pokemon Species: Absol
Nickname: None -Japanese- (ァブソリ)
OT: -Japanese- サトシ ("Satosi"?)
OT Gender: Blue
IDno: 49058
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Taunt, Quick Attack, Razor Wind, Pursuit
Level Caught at: 20
Current Level: 20
Stats: 57 hp/58 atk/32 def/37 sp atk/31 sp def/41 spe
Location Caught: Route 213
Pokeball Caught In: Dusk Ball

Jirachi Dude

No gen 4 or 5
Are they considered hacked if somebody used hacked rare candies on it? My friend traded me a bunch of legit event pokemon (and a clearly hacked celebi with pokerus) that he got on the GTS, such as the negaiboshi jirachi, Shiny Mewtwo (with horrid nature), a bunch of foreign pokemon, and Haley's mew. But, he was a big time hacker, so they are all level 100 do to rare candy. Does that make them or their offspring (I'm trying to mm a clamperl) hacked?

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Are they considered hacked if somebody used hacked rare candies on it? My friend traded me a bunch of legit event pokemon (and a clearly hacked celebi with pokerus) that he got on the GTS, such as the negaiboshi jirachi, Shiny Mewtwo (with horrid nature), a bunch of foreign pokemon, and Haley's mew. But, he was a big time hacker, so they are all level 100 do to rare candy. Does that make them or their offspring (I'm trying to mm a clamperl) hacked?

Nope! Actually if the pokemon is legitimate why use a hacked item would make your pokemon suddenly become a hack?

Jirachi Dude

No gen 4 or 5
But their stats are crap, so oh well... I know the mewtwo is real because nobody would hack a careful shiny mewtwo.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Species: Typhlosion (Originally received as a Cyndaquil)
OT: Flowers
IDno: 12092
Shiny: No
EVs: Unknown
IVs: Unknown
Ability: Blaze
Moves (Originally): Tackle, Quick Attack, Ember, smokescreen
Level Caught: 1
Current level: 36
Stats: ATK-70, DEF-73, SPATK-91, SPDEF-67,SPEED-83, HP-112 (note- I have used vitamins on it)
Egg: Yes
Ball- Pokéball
Game Used: HeartGold

I've had this Cyndaquil for a while & evolved it all the way to Typhlosion, but I was planning on transferring it to X & Y and with the Poké Transport being unable to transfer cheated pokémon, I wanted to double check to be safe. I got it from some guy in the Middle East via the Wifi center

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Species: Typhlosion (Originally received as a Cyndaquil)
OT: Flowers
IDno: 12092
Shiny: No
EVs: Unknown
IVs: Unknown
Ability: Blaze
Moves (Originally): Tackle, Quick Attack, Ember, smokescreen
Level Caught: 1
Current level: 36
Stats: ATK-70, DEF-73, SPATK-91, SPDEF-67,SPEED-83, HP-112 (note- I have used vitamins on it)
Egg: Yes
Ball- Pokéball
Game Used: HeartGold

I've had this Cyndaquil for a while & evolved it all the way to Typhlosion, but I was planning on transferring it to X & Y and with the Poké Transport being unable to transfer cheated pokémon, I wanted to double check to be safe. I got it from some guy in the Middle East via the Wifi center

everything looks legal to me i can't find nothing wrong with it since cyndaquil can be breed and the moves check out and i can't find any data on check for 4th gen pokemon of that name or id# so legal..

Status
Not open for further replies.