• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Help Thread

Houka

Anything pass the E4 I consider post game and the game is kinda done at that point. Really I know it's slow due to the snow but if ya can get pass the games slowness to get to that point. I assume your patience enough for a little snow.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The roaming Kanto Legendary Birds are driving me nuts. Any recommendations for 1)catching up to them/attracting them to you and 2)catching them?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The roaming Kanto Legendary Birds are driving me nuts. Any recommendations for 1)catching up to them/attracting them to you and 2)catching them?
Having lots of Max Repels and your team all at level 60 helps tremendously for encountering the Kanto legendary birds in Platinum.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic

Having lots of Max Repels and your team all at level 60 helps tremendously for encountering the Kanto legendary birds in Platinum.

Also, they show up on the Marking Map on the Poketch. It's best to go to a place where you can transition routes quickly to change their placement. Jubilife and one of the surrounding routes are good spots. If you need something fast to status, Crobat is a great option as it is quick, has Hypnosis and Mean Look.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Also, they show up on the Marking Map on the Poketch. It's best to go to a place where you can transition routes quickly to change their placement. Jubilife and one of the surrounding routes are good spots. If you need something fast to status, Crobat is a great option as it is quick, has Hypnosis and Mean Look.
I've been using the Poketracker app, and I have a Gengar with Hypnosis and Mean Look. What I'm finding is that if I use Mean Look and Hypnosis, and then switch out to someone like Gallade that has False Swipe, the bird flees even thought they are asleep. The next time I encounter them, they're still asleep. It's just...frustrating.

I was able to breed a male Ralts that knows Mean Look. Now I just need to grind it up to Level 50 because I let it evolve into Kirlia.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I've been using the Poketracker app, and I have a Gengar with Hypnosis and Mean Look. What I'm finding is that if I use Mean Look and Hypnosis, and then switch out to someone like Gallade that has False Swipe, the bird flees even thought they are asleep. The next time I encounter them, they're still asleep. It's just...frustrating.

I was able to breed a male Ralts that knows Mean Look. Now I just need to grind it up to Level 50 because I let it evolve into Kirlia.
I believe that once you switch out the user of Mean Look, it releases the opposing Pokémon from it. In regards to them being asleep, once they have been given a status, they will keep that status until they are caught, knocked off, or it wears off.

One way around the switching and keeping Mean Look active would be Baton Pass, so something like Umbreon could be useful if you wanted to switch to a False Swipe pokemon.

B Rabbit

Sorry if this is a tired question.

I have decided I want to use Togekiss on my main team. As I have never used it. I just got a copy of Soul Silver, and wanted to know if I can evolve my Togetic before the Elite 4? Now I know you can get the Shiny stone by winning the Bug Catching contest. However, I was sure if it was worth it. If not I'll stick with Crobat. But I wanted to try something new.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sorry if this is a tired question.

I have decided I want to use Togekiss on my main team. As I have never used it. I just got a copy of Soul Silver, and wanted to know if I can evolve my Togetic before the Elite 4? Now I know you can get the Shiny stone by winning the Bug Catching contest. However, I was sure if it was worth it. If not I'll stick with Crobat. But I wanted to try something new.
Unfortunately not. The Bug Catching Contest only gives non Sun Stone Evolution Stones after you beat the Pokémon League. Every other method is also postgame as well sadly. Togekiss is a great mon but unless you’re trading from another Gen 4 game like Platinum, you’re better off sticking with Crobat.

B Rabbit

Unfortunately not. The Bug Catching Contest only gives non Sun Stone Evolution Stones after you beat the Pokémon League. Every other method is also postgame as well sadly. Togekiss is a great mon but unless you’re trading from another Gen 4 game like Platinum, you’re better off sticking with Crobat.
Ty I really appreciate the help.

B Rabbit

2 questions:

1.) My Eevee is level 27 right now. I only been leveling in the morning and It has only lost one battle. It has the soothe bell and I it has one haircut? How long until I get an espeon? I remember being little and my eevee evolved into Umbreon in the 30s, but I kinda want to move this a little faster.
2.) My friend and I are trading pokemon. He is going to give me a Scizor. Only thing is, my team is set. I have Typhlosion, Quagsire, Crobat, Ampharos, Espeon (When Eevee evolves) and Tyranitar (When I catch my Larvitar. ) Which member should I shove out for Scizor if I get one?

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
According to every source I have consulted, Drifloon will appear at Valley Windworks every Friday after you defeat Team Galactic there, and I would like to add one to my team. My quest has been on hold for about a month on account of this Drifloon not showing up, and I have even checked on non-Friday days of the week several times. I have not altered my New Nintendo 3DS's clock for the past three weeks. Are there other hurdles I must clear to convince Drifloon to bless me with its appearance?

Houka

It should show up after beating Mars, you'll get dailouge from the little girl that the Drifloon will appear now. There shouldn't be any other requirements and most things in DP don't seem to be effect by changing of the clock unlike some games.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
It should show up after beating Mars, you'll get dailouge from the little girl that the Drifloon will appear now. There shouldn't be any other requirements and most things in DP don't seem to be effect by changing of the clock unlike some games.
Thank you for your help. With that in mind, I think my copy of the game is broken.