1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

4th Gen Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

I'm going for Catch all available Pokemon in said game so no traded stuff. But thanks I'll just have to check everyday for the last few poke in my Platinum dex

2. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

OK now that Platinum is done I start on Soul Silver but now I have but one main question; What is the earliest I can Level Up the objects in the Safari zone? I think I have to wait after the Elite Four but I'm not sure if I can do that yet or I even can do it with all type of objects, I've read that not all are available when he does allow it?

SerenaRulez likes this.
  3. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

Yes, beating Elite 4 is one of the requirements. The Actual requirements are to obtain the National Dex when boarding the SS Aqua (which requires Elite 4 completion), and be over 3 hours of active play time since you completed the second challenge. (At least 6 hours since you first visited the Safari Zone.)

Also, I believe for them to start to counting, would be Day you put that Block down. At least the only exclusive Pokémon in that area is obtainable on the day you put the block down.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  4. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

Ah thanks! The site guild stats that I I get more Objects as I progress. Does that mean I can't put down all types of object just to level them up (I know I need to wait up to 30 days to get some Pokemon)? I was thinking of just leveling them up first before getting some pokemon.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  5. Baggie_Saiyan

Baggie_Saiyan Well-Known Member

Anyone know quickest way to farm Apricots in HG/SS? I wanna catch as many Mons as I can with the Moon Ball and transfer them over to SuMo (and then some to SwSh)

Moon Ball is my favourite ball and sucks you only get 1 in Gen 7&8.

6. Nutter t.KK

Ok, You'll want as many Yellow Apricorn as you can, and get as many Moonballs as you can carry?

For HGSS, Kanto Route 8, Johto's Route 42 and 46, and Violet City, have Yellow Apricorn trees, which have fruit at Midnight. On Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays, you can buy them for 200 Pokeathlon Points. You can earn Points at any time, so you don't need to wait to earn stuff, just to wait to buy the right item. With a good team, I think you can get about 300 Points per run without too much trouble. So that 4 per day, plus how many you can buy doing Pokeathlon.

You can ask Kurt to make several of the same type of Ball per day. He will finish at Midnight on the day you ask him.

As altering your DS/3DS clock will prevent them refreshing. So no touching that clock, or sticking that cart multiple consoles.

One final thing: make sure your DS/3DS has working Touch Screen before you start, as you'll regret it later if you don't.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Baggie_Saiyan likes this.
  7. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't know he can make more then one per day, the wording made it sound he could only do one per day and that given him more will just avoid give him another for the next day.

As the the object things I found he'll only allow the forest object in first and you'll have to wait 6 hours for the next set (Peak, Water, and Finally Plains).

Now about upgrading, will I be notify? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to look for to know them object have leveled up if I don't?

8. Houka

Houka Well-Known Member

Well After a bit of exparimating, I found that if the object upgrade the game makes no mention of it and as far as I know there is no way to know in-game. What I do know is that Boaba will notify you if a new Pokemon shows up (which about 10-30 days if you have the correct set up). Just though it might be good info to know.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

I know the pokewalker is tied to the save file. I replaced the battery 2yrs ago??? As the battery died off since purchasing the game 5yrs ago?? I'm using the pokewalker a bit more often these days and keeping a Furret on the pokewalker. It's not a particularly special one for in game use, it's more to have it on the pokewalker because I want it there. What happens if the pokewalker battery dies with a Pokemon sent over to it previously? I presume the data remains on the save file but what sort of temporary info is lost ie watts, steps?

10. Nutter t.KK

Got some Good news. As a Pokéwalker owner, I can confirm some stuff. The Pokémon won't disappear on the Pokéwalker whenever the battery power is lost. As you said, there is a good chance any watts and freshly caught Pokémon will be gone. I've experience both nothing happening and lost process with my Pokémon.

As for your Furret, your copy of HGSS save will actually keep a copy of that Pokémon at the time you choose to take it out for walk. It can be recovered if your Pokéwalker breaks.

Now why do I have Accumula Town theme in my head?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  11. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

thank you for the reply, losing out on the watts accumulated will annoy me but it wont be the end of the world. the important thing is that the pokewalker isnt "locked out" when the battery is change done.

you probably have that in your head because watching Furret walk is too damned adorable to be legal in the first place.