• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Help Thread

TheProfet95

Rate my Soul Silver In-game team?:D

I am right before the Elite 4 and this is my team

Typhlosion;157;(Level 41)(Charcoal)

Lava Plume
Fire Blast
Sunny Day
Solarbeam

Crobat;169;(Level 37)(Sharp Beak)

Fly
Sludge Bomb
Bite
Confuse Ray

Ampharos;181;(Level 42)(Magnet/Quick Claw)

Discharge
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Strength

Quagsire;195;(Level 40)(Nevermeltice)

Waterfall
Earthquake
Blizzard
Yawn

Heracross;214;(Level 42)(Black Belt)

Brick Break
Close Combat
Shadow Claw
Aerial Ace

Espeon;196;(Level 39)(Twisted Spoon)

Psybeam
Shadow Ball
Swift
Double Team

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think you need something with a reliable ice move, Blizzard isn't reliable, especially coming off of Quagsires lousy Sp.Atk stat. I'd replace it with Ice Beam (too bad Quagsire doesn't get Avalanche). I also prefer Cross Poison over Sludge Bomb on Crobat, it has a better attack stat than Sp.Atk. You can get that from the move relearner at Blackthorn City. I'd also replace Discharge for Thunderbolt on Ampharos, Discharge is fairly redundant there with Thunder Wave also being present. Also, try leveling your team a bit more, I'd say around level 43 to 45 for them all should be fine. You don't really have anything that covers Psychic types, but Will is the first of the Elite Four and if all your pokémon are higher level you should be fine just steamrolling it with Typhlosions Fire Blast.

TheProfet95

Espeon has Shadow Ball,I think that shoukd be good for Will.I replaced Sludge Bomb on Crobat and i will start grinding now

Also I wish Quagsire would get Avalanche It would destroy Lance pretty easily with it

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulB3ter

Best grass type Pokémon in SoulSilver (Jhoto)

Which grass type Pokémon is better suited to battle the Elite 4?
  • Victorybell
  • Jumpluff
  • Parasect
  • Vileplume
  • Bellossom
  • Sunflora
  • Exeggcutor
  • Leafeon

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
You don't really need a grass type at all to take on the Johto Elite 4, there are only 2 pokemon in the entire Johto elite 4 that are weak to grass.

But if you really want to use a grass type, Weepinbell is quite easy to find and does decent damage with leaf blade and sludge bomb (compared to the others at least). Or vileplume, its also easy to find and gets lots of useful status moves like sleep powder which made it easy to catch pokemon.

You'll need a leaf stone to evolve either of them though (you can find one in the pokethalon dome).

Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Last edited:

Sasha Drakovi

Hatched a Snorunt with Blizzard and Hail?

I'm just really confused as to how this happened, i bred two Glalie and the snorunt i hatched and evolved to a froslass apparently had Blizzard and hail? I'm mostly confused because neither of these is on the egg move list. Mostly i noticed because my froslass learned astonish and double team when it evolved and it turns out its moves were full?

Aquarelle

Staff member
I'm just really confused as to how this happened, i bred two Glalie and the snorunt i hatched and evolved to a froslass apparently had Blizzard and hail? I'm mostly confused because neither of these is on the egg move list. Mostly i noticed because my froslass learned astonish and double team when it evolved and it turns out its moves were full?
In games before Gen VI, if the male Pokemon knows any TM/HM moves that the baby can learn, the baby will inherit them just like if they were egg moves. So, I'm assuming your male Glalie knew Blizzard and Hail, and since Snorunt can learn the Blizzard and Hail TMs, the Snorunt was born knowing those moves.

TheProfet95

Rate my Pearl in-game team?

Empoleon - Lv.46;395;
Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Aqua Jet

Staraptor - Lv.45;398;
Fly
Return
Close Combat
Double Team

Luxray - Lv 45;405;
Spark
Thunder
Crunch
Strength

Misdreavus - Lv.46;429;
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Magical Leaf
Confuse Ray

Rapidash - Lv.47;078;
Fire Blast
Flame Wheel
Bounce
Take Down

Garchomp - Lv.48;445;
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Brick Break

I am right before the Elite 4.I must say this is my first run of Pearl.

thewatermaster

I'm having trouble beating the Elite Four in Diamond. My team is...
Empoleon Lv.51
Dialga Lv.52
Luxray Lv.48
Ambomasnow Lv.46
Floatzel Lv.44
Staraptor Lv.46

What can I do to improve? Should I get a fire type?

Kalosian

So long
-Team-
I am right before the Elite 4.I must say this is my first run of Pearl.
I'm having trouble beating the Elite Four in Diamond.
-Team-
What can I do to improve? Should I get a fire type?
A rather simple solution for both of you is to train your teams a bit more. If you can get your teams to level 60+, you should be able to defeat the Elite Four without too much problems. If not, then try to stock up on healing items before the E4 and use them against the opponents when necessary, but I recommend training in order to make it as easy as possible. It might take a bit of time, but it will be worth it in the end.

Houka

My Pokemon were about 55 and I was having troubles with some of them, it depends on Pokemon, movesets, and states if ya gonna have a bad time. I recommend closer to 60 especially if ya don't have a Ice move in there (Just saying it look liek ya two should have at least Ice Beam). Then again too took advantages of Intimation on Garchomp so he became muted but make sure ya have the item to back them up still (so many Revives used and Hyper Potions).

DHooley87

Probably hard to answer questions about Trainer House

In the Trainer House can we battle Ace Trainer Cal and friends data more than once per day to earn battle points?

We can upload up to 10 friends data via Pokewalkers, can we battle them and earn 10 battle points daily?

These battles will reset daily right??

If a friends data were to be added to the Trainer House will the friend's sprite replace Ace Trainer Cal? (Like it does in Gen II), or could we theoretically have 11 trainers to battle in the Trainer House?

Not that anyone has 10 friends with working Pokewalkers I know that's ridiculous but any info that could be dug up...ya

On a side note bulbapedia says special defense has it's own independent IV like HP does. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers, Mr.Dave - Professor Dave

Lurantis

Autism Love
SO I'm like 99.9% sure there was a way to trigger school kid alan into giving you a fire stone. Am I the only one who remembers this?! Does anyone remember how to do it? All I remember is that you had to go to you moms and do something. Then, when you walked outside, alan called you immediately. Does anyone remember this at all?!?!

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me do some trade evolving and stuff with my pokemon platinum,
I have no clue what my FC is because of WFC is discontinued but is it still possible to trade and stuff?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me do some trade evolving and stuff with my pokemon platinum,
I have no clue what my FC is because of WFC is discontinued but is it still possible to trade and stuff?
You'll need to find someone near to you, as you must use the Local Wireless connection to trade. If you have another copy of any 4th Gen game and another DS or 3DS, you can trade after catching your second Pokémon, and then heading to a Pokémon Centre.

Friend Codes are only used to connect games over WFC, which no longer works.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
You'll need to find someone near to you, as you must use the Local Wireless connection to trade. If you have another copy of any 4th Gen game and another DS or 3DS, you can trade after catching your second Pokémon, and then heading to a Pokémon Centre.Friend Codes are only used to connect games over WFC, which no longer works.
Ahh okay thankyou, I woukd normally use my heartgold but unfortunately thats in alaska with my father ( hopefully he didn't sell it or give it away ) I didn't know but thanks. I just transfer up to my B2 abd W2 once i can then trade and all that.

SanguisRegalis

HeartGold Team Help

Hey,
I am playing heart gold again at the moment, and need some help deciding a 6th party member, its moveset, and held items for my other pokemon.
The team so far is:

Typhlosion
-eruption
-blast burn
-solarbeam
-focus blast

Tyranitar
-crunch
-stone edge
-earthquake
-ice fang

Salamence
-outrage
-dragon claw
-double edge
-fly

Lapras
-ice beam
-surf
-thunderbolt
-body slam

Gengar
-hypnosis
-shadow ball
-sludge bomb
-dream eater

Please could someone help me find a 6th pokemon? prefereably one to cover the psychic/electric/fighting/steel types that i dont have, I was thinking electivire for a while, but it isnt too versatile, metagross could work, or possibly gallade?
Thanks for the help!