• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Help Thread

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
Hey guys, I recently just started playing Gen 4 again thanks to the GTS trick. I've been wanting to replay SoulSilver but I wanted to try to obtain a Kyogre so I could catch Rayquaza. I received an Embedded Tower one, but the met and caught level is 8 instead of 50. Will this Kyogre still trigger the event despite the level difference?

I also received a shiny Hall of Origin Arceus. I recently learned that if you level said Arceus to 100 in Gen 4, it will pass through Bank. Will its shininess still affect its transferability?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey guys, I recently just started playing Gen 4 again thanks to the GTS trick. I've been wanting to replay SoulSilver but I wanted to try to obtain a Kyogre so I could catch Rayquaza. I received an Embedded Tower one, but the met and caught level is 8 instead of 50. Will this Kyogre still trigger the event despite the level difference?

I also received a shiny Hall of Origin Arceus. I recently learned that if you level said Arceus to 100 in Gen 4, it will pass through Bank. Will its shininess still affect its transferability?
It will really depend on how well those two hacks are. There may be "invisible flags" that aren't set correctly.

(These "flags" are visible to the games, but invisible to player. They're actually a few bits and bytes in a certain places, you'd need to hack to alter them as the games don't change them.)

Houka

So Wanting to catch Feebas and I was wondering if Platinum made it easier to catch or not? I know In DP Feebas is found in the B1 of Mt. Cornet in 4 random water Titles with Super Rod only, which change daily. So it this the same for Pt?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
So Wanting to catch Feebas and I was wondering if Platinum made it easier to catch or not? I know In DP Feebas is found in the B1 of Mt. Cornet in 4 random water Titles with Super Rod only, which change daily. So it this the same for Pt?
I'm pretty sure you can hook it with the Good Rod, too.

Houka

Well I found it on the second row of titles near a rock. I hear old rod works too but do to it low catch rate it really easier with good. Other wise no deference?

Also another question, what's the time frame for Morning?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well I found it on the second row of titles near a rock. I hear old rod works too but do to it low catch rate it really easier with good. Other wise no deference?

Also another question, what's the time frame for Morning?
Any rod should have the same effect for finding Feebas.

Morning goes from 4:00 am to 9:59 am according to your in-game clock.

Houka

Oh up to 10 that make thing easier, I tend to wake up around 9ish-to 10ish. In DP there was this Ladyba that is on;y found in mornings so was just wondering.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Kind of a dumb question and I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right part of the forums, but here goes. If I want to replay Platinum and get the Pokemon I catch onto my copy of Ultra Moon, what do I need to do? Mainly what I'm asking is can I transport Pokemon directly from the Transporter on my 3DS or do I need to transfer the 4th Gen Pokemon into a 5th Gen game before I can transfer up to Pokebank?

If you need clairty of exactly what I'm asking please just post here or if I'm asking this in the wrong place please let me know!

~e: answered

Last edited:

BCVM22

It has to go through a Generation V game. Transporter doesn't recognize Generation IV games.

Houka

What is Munchlax encounter rate if I find the right honey tree? Also any idea on which one it is or do I really need to go through everyone multiple times and hope Munchlax shows up.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Raac10

Hi, so I'm kind of new to online events and I would like to ask something. Can you still play the HG wi fi events (and the other events as well)?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hi, so I'm kind of new to online events and I would like to ask something. Can you still play the HG wi fi events (and the other events as well)?

No. All long, long, long offline and deactivated.

The Wifi service that all DS games used was shut down in 2014. However the events for Generation 4 ended back in 2011. The last event was a Celebi in 2011, via an in-store event, and the Last Wi-fi event was ended a few days before. Generation 5 more or less started around the the final days of the Celebi event.

That doesn't mean that some events are not available, however none of them do something unique in any Gen 4 game.

Pokémon Battle Revolution contains the only Gen 4 events you will be able to get today. https://www.serebii.net/battle/elecmortar.shtml

There was a Mew in a now discontinued Wiiware game: My Pokémon Ranch, which requires a copy of Diamond or Pearl. (The Wiiware Service started to shut down last year, and is essentially shut forever now.) If you own the game, you can still obtain a Mew.

If you count transferring from Gen 3, then there is also the Jirachi from the US Colosseum bonus disk or the PAL version of Pokémon Channel. That Jirachi actually does something in HGSS, it unlocks a Unique Pokéwalker Course.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
If you do some searching, there are ways to still get events, but none that are truly legit. Some can be obtained from a fake server, some can be obtained by using a flashcart with a rom of the old event cartridges, etc.

Houka

So I was hoping I could change the Swarm poke by saving on the day before and just talk to Dawn's little sister and reset to hopefully get a different Pokemon but it doesn't seem to work. So are swarm pokes set and aren't RNG so much or is there some different trick to them?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So I was hoping I could change the Swarm poke by saving on the day before and just talk to Dawn's little sister and reset to hopefully get a different Pokemon but it doesn't seem to work. So are swarm pokes set and aren't RNG so much or is there some different trick to them?
The exact details aren't known, but it appears to be set at a certain point in time.

Sadly, there isn't really a good solution. Waiting each day out really the only sure fire method. I have seen the "23:55/Midnight" Glitch been suggested to these, but you may end up having to alter your DS clock alot to find the Pokémon you want. Personally I'd avoid it, mostly as I can find the said Pokémon in other games, and I hate changing the clock unnecessarily.

Most of the Pokemon are common in HGSS, and all can be found somewhere in Gen 3. However a few Pokémon, such as Electrike and Beldum are in Johto Safari Zone Pokémon, and may need some time in HGSS to set up the capture. They're just below "Tree Munchlax" and Sinnoh Feebas in how annoying to get one.