• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Help Thread

Houka

I'm going for Catch all available Pokemon in said game so no traded stuff. But thanks I'll just have to check everyday for the last few poke in my Platinum dex

Houka

OK now that Platinum is done I start on Soul Silver but now I have but one main question; What is the earliest I can Level Up the objects in the Safari zone? I think I have to wait after the Elite Four but I'm not sure if I can do that yet or I even can do it with all type of objects, I've read that not all are available when he does allow it?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
OK now that Platinum is done I start on Soul Silver but now I have but one main question; What is the earliest I can Level Up the objects in the Safari zone? I think I have to wait after the Elite Four but I'm not sure if I can do that yet or I even can do it with all type of objects, I've read that not all are available when he does allow it?
Yes, beating Elite 4 is one of the requirements. The Actual requirements are to obtain the National Dex when boarding the SS Aqua (which requires Elite 4 completion), and be over 3 hours of active play time since you completed the second challenge. (At least 6 hours since you first visited the Safari Zone.)

Also, I believe for them to start to counting, would be Day you put that Block down. At least the only exclusive Pokémon in that area is obtainable on the day you put the block down.

Houka

Ah thanks! The site guild stats that I I get more Objects as I progress. Does that mean I can't put down all types of object just to level them up (I know I need to wait up to 30 days to get some Pokemon)? I was thinking of just leveling them up first before getting some pokemon.

Baggie_Saiyan

Anyone know quickest way to farm Apricots in HG/SS? I wanna catch as many Mons as I can with the Moon Ball and transfer them over to SuMo (and then some to SwSh)

Moon Ball is my favourite ball and sucks you only get 1 in Gen 7&8.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Anyone know quickest way to farm Apricots in HG/SS? I wanna catch as many Mons as I can with the Moon Ball and transfer them over to SuMo (and then some to SwSh)

Moon Ball is my favourite ball and sucks you only get 1 in Gen 7&8.
Ok, You'll want as many Yellow Apricorn as you can, and get as many Moonballs as you can carry?

For HGSS, Kanto Route 8, Johto's Route 42 and 46, and Violet City, have Yellow Apricorn trees, which have fruit at Midnight. On Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays, you can buy them for 200 Pokeathlon Points. You can earn Points at any time, so you don't need to wait to earn stuff, just to wait to buy the right item. With a good team, I think you can get about 300 Points per run without too much trouble. So that 4 per day, plus how many you can buy doing Pokeathlon.

You can ask Kurt to make several of the same type of Ball per day. He will finish at Midnight on the day you ask him.

As altering your DS/3DS clock will prevent them refreshing. So no touching that clock, or sticking that cart multiple consoles.

One final thing: make sure your DS/3DS has working Touch Screen before you start, as you'll regret it later if you don't.

Last edited:

Houka

Oh I didn't know he can make more then one per day, the wording made it sound he could only do one per day and that given him more will just avoid give him another for the next day.

As the the object things I found he'll only allow the forest object in first and you'll have to wait 6 hours for the next set (Peak, Water, and Finally Plains).

Now about upgrading, will I be notify? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to look for to know them object have leveled up if I don't?

Houka

Well After a bit of exparimating, I found that if the object upgrade the game makes no mention of it and as far as I know there is no way to know in-game. What I do know is that Boaba will notify you if a new Pokemon shows up (which about 10-30 days if you have the correct set up). Just though it might be good info to know.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I know the pokewalker is tied to the save file. I replaced the battery 2yrs ago??? As the battery died off since purchasing the game 5yrs ago?? I'm using the pokewalker a bit more often these days and keeping a Furret on the pokewalker. It's not a particularly special one for in game use, it's more to have it on the pokewalker because I want it there. What happens if the pokewalker battery dies with a Pokemon sent over to it previously? I presume the data remains on the save file but what sort of temporary info is lost ie watts, steps?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I know the pokewalker is tied to the save file. I replaced the battery 2yrs ago??? As the battery died off since purchasing the game 5yrs ago?? I'm using the pokewalker a bit more often these days and keeping a Furret on the pokewalker. It's not a particularly special one for in game use, it's more to have it on the pokewalker because I want it there. What happens if the pokewalker battery dies with a Pokemon sent over to it previously? I presume the data remains on the save file but what sort of temporary info is lost ie watts, steps?
Got some Good news. As a Pokéwalker owner, I can confirm some stuff. The Pokémon won't disappear on the Pokéwalker whenever the battery power is lost. As you said, there is a good chance any watts and freshly caught Pokémon will be gone. I've experience both nothing happening and lost process with my Pokémon.

As for your Furret, your copy of HGSS save will actually keep a copy of that Pokémon at the time you choose to take it out for walk. It can be recovered if your Pokéwalker breaks.

Now why do I have Accumula Town theme in my head?

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Got some Good news. As a Pokéwalker owner, I can confirm some stuff. The Pokémon won't disappear on the Pokéwalker whenever the battery power is lost. As you said, there is a good chance any watts and freshly caught Pokémon will be gone. So anything the last time it was synced with a game will be gone. I've experience both nothing happening and lost process with my Pokémon

As for your Furret, your copy of HGSS save will actually keep a copy of that Pokémon at the time you choose to take it out for walk. It can be recovered if your Pokéwalker breaks.

Now why do I have Accumula Town theme in my head?

thank you for the reply, losing out on the watts accumulated will annoy me but it wont be the end of the world. the important thing is that the pokewalker isnt "locked out" when the battery is change done.

you probably have that in your head because watching Furret walk is too damned adorable to be legal in the first place.

WalesNote

Wanted to make a journal thing of my new playthrough of Soul Silver, updating the thread as I go (would like to ask questions, like who should my new team member be, or something like that eventually) through the game.

Would the correct place to put it be the Gen IV discussion? I am confuzzled otherwise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WalesNote said:
Wanted to make a journal thing of my new playthrough of Soul Silver, updating the thread as I go (would like to ask questions, like who should my new team member be, or something like that eventually) through the game.

Would the correct place to put it be the Gen IV discussion? I am confuzzled otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that the right place for that kind of project would be the 4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Out of curiosity, if you used a cheating device to get any of the key items in order to unlock the legendary pokémon in Sinnoh (ex- getting Oak’s letter to encounter Shaymin or getting the Member Card to go to New Moon Island & battle Darkrai), will those pokémon be considered legit or hacked since you’re still battling & catching them legally?

I normally would never ask something like this, but I’m considering replaying Platinum if we don’t get Sinnoh remakes next year and I might try catching the legendaries since I never attempted it back then. However, I want to transfer those pokémon to my Gen 8 games (if they are coded in by the time the Crown Tundra comes out) and I want to make sure they won’t be considered hacked or illegal. I don’t use cheating devices anymore, but I may make an exception if the pokémon are considered legal since the events to get those encounter items aren’t really available

Last edited:

WalesNote

A cheat is being used to get them, so no, not legit. Though, this won't change anything about the pokemon obtained as they are not hacked or anything.
So, they were obtained through cheats, but are not hacks, so they may or may not be acceptable?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Out of curiosity, if you used a cheating device to get any of the key items in order to unlock the legendary pokémon in Sinnoh (ex- getting Oak’s letter to encounter Shaymin or getting the Member Card to go to New Moon Island & battle Darkrai), will those pokémon be considered legit or hacked since you’re still battling & catching them legally?

I normally would never ask something like this, but I’m considering replaying Platinum if we don’t get Sinnoh remakes next year and I might try catching the legendaries since I never attempted it back then. However, I want to transfer those pokémon to my Gen 8 games (if they are coded in by the time the Crown Tundra comes out) and I want to make sure they won’t be considered hacked or illegal. I don’t use cheating devices anymore, but I may make an exception if the pokémon are considered legal since the events to get those encounter items aren’t really available

For all intense and purposes from a game data perspective, there will be nothing different between the event pokemon caught using exploit key items and legitimate key items. What is being manipulated is the flag to activate the event, and not the pokemon itself.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
So one question I had: I seem to recall reading that the mechanics for determining which variant of shellos hatches is different in gen 4 than it is in later games - from what I remember it's where the shellos hatches which determines whether it is Eastern or Western variety, rather than its parentage. I tried looking it up recently, though, and couldn't find anything on the topic, can anyone confirm whether or not I'm remembering this correctly?

silentbrother

I could never get through diamond no matter how many times I tried to finish it. I was told that platinum was alot better. Can someone tell me if this is accurate? I want to try to beat these games before the remakes come out later this year.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I could never get through diamond no matter how many times I tried to finish it. I was told that platinum was alot better. Can someone tell me if this is accurate? I want to try to beat these games before the remakes come out later this year.

In many aspects Platinum is better. But it's like a Director's Cut VS Standard Cut to some films: there are things different, but it does follow the same plot and stuff.

Well why do you quit playing?
I personally stopped when I got the Battle frontier, but then I considered that I've completed the game by that point.

I heard alot of people complaining about Route 217 to Snowpoint City. That's not going to change in Platinum.