• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

HeracrossGod

The Heracross God
I'll take a Diamond challenge. How about only Pokemon that would be "African"

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
Reposting so it wont be forgotten:
Egg Scramble Rules

1. Your team must be composed entirely of Pokemon sent to you as eggs from another trainer, with the exception of your starter Pokemon if you choose to use it.

2. You cannot use Pokemon you captured in the wild in battle. Catching a Pokemon such as a Bidoof or a bird Pokemon to use for HMs is acceptable [only] if your team lacks a Pokemon that can learn a required move.

3. Please don't send Pokemon such as Magikarp, Feebas, or Combee (unless you can guarantee it's Female). These Pokemon are difficult to use near the beginning of the game or have no method of learning additional attacks and should be avoided unless specifically requested by a trainer.

4. The contents of the eggs you send should be kept secret from the trainer, as telling them what they will be receiving violates the spirit of this challenge.

If you need an egg for your game just make a post here in the thread, many of the participants are more than willing to send eggs from their extra carts for use on a playthrough. If you have any further questions, please just let us know and we will address them as soon as possible.

An additional optional rule would be not using items during battle. The reason I propose this is because anybody can buy items and potentially finish the challenge under-leveled and without much difficulty (specially if you receive strong pokémon). It's up to the challenger though.

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
HeracrossGod take a Girafarig that must learn Grass Knot.

i dont think you can find those in diamond

heracrossgod take a Rapidash that must learn bounce

HeracrossGod

The Heracross God
Simba The Luxray - (Lion) - Must Learn Iron Tail
Melman The Girafarig - (Giraffe) - Must Learn Grass Knot
Marty The Rapidash - (Horse/Zebra I guess) - Must Learn Bounce
Tubby The Hippowdon - (Hippo) - Must Learn Sunny Day And Water Pulse.

Okay, two more.

Drippy Miltank

Journeyman Breeder
HeracrossGod:

For a challenge:

Take a combee (killer african bees) which must be female. It must solo 20 pokemon in the human-shaped egg group to evolve.

Also/Or take an Unown (Egyptian hieroglyphs)... Having one on your team is restriction enough.

For some needed help:

Need an HM slave? take a pelipper (great white pelican) instead. It must learn roost to evolve (cause pelicans look lazy).

Last edited:

Summer Sun!
ok guys
LEGEND RUN!
i need 6 pokemon out of the following chosen for my HG run:
Mew
Celebi
Jarichi
Deoxys
Phoine
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Shaymin-S
Arceus

My Friend is going to hack me an egg of the 6 pokemon chosen so have fun choosing!

SilverMorty

10151993 take a Manaphy that must have U-turn. It must also use Hydration to heal one of each status except freeze (so Burn, Poison, Sleep and Paralysis) to use Surf in battle.

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
10151993, have a Mew. Mew must Transform into at least 4 Gym Leaders' highest-leveled Pokemon, and defeat them while transformed. Two must be Johto Gym Leaders, the other two must be in Kanto. Additionally, Mew must solo any trainer of your choice (with at least 3 Pokemon in their team) before learning any TM or HM (once for each TM/HM you want to learn).

Enjoy! (The italics mark an optional part of this restriction.)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
10151993, take a Jirachi. Your Jirachi loves catching up on sleep since you woke it before it had had the chance to hibernate for a thousand years. Thus, it must know Rest. It dreams of being the brightest star in the sky, and so must also know Flash. For its other two moves, one can be a damage-dealing attack and the other must be a 'weather' inducing move (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm; Trick Room and Gravity can also be considered to be weather). Good luck.

Ninja Dog

Banned
10151993, Have a Celebi, It must learn only 2 damaging moves and one of them must be hidden power, The other Damage dealing move can be of your choice and the other 2 moves must not deal damage.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
ok guys
LEGEND RUN!
i need 6 pokemon out of the following chosen for my HG run:
Mew
Celebi
Jarichi
Deoxys
Phoine
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Shaymin-S
Arceus

My Friend is going to hack me an egg of the 6 pokemon chosen so have fun choosing!

have a deoxys that must always be speed forme

Summer Sun!
10151993 take a Manaphy that must have U-turn. It must also use Hydration to heal one of each status except freeze (so Burn, Poison, Sleep and Paralysis) to use Surf in battle.
Alright! loving the terms here
10151993, have a Mew. Mew must Transform into at least 4 Gym Leaders' highest-leveled Pokemon, and defeat them while transformed. Two must be Johto Gym Leaders, the other two must be in Kanto. Additionally, Mew must solo any trainer of your choice (with at least 3 Pokemon in their team) before learning any TM or HM (once for each TM/HM you want to learn).

Enjoy! (The italics mark an optional part of this restriction.)
you know i am not suprised that you told me to take mew
10151993, take a Shaymin which must change form before every gym battle, starting at the Goldenrod Gym.
ok will do! (pryce is going to kill me)
10151993, take a Jirachi. Your Jirachi loves catching up on sleep since you woke it before it had had the chance to hibernate for a thousand years. Thus, it must know Rest. It dreams of being the brightest star in the sky, and so must also know Flash. For its other two moves, one can be a damage-dealing attack and the other must be a 'weather' inducing move (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm; Trick Room and Gravity can also be considered to be weather). Good luck.
... i hate you yet i love you at the same time
10151993, Have a Celebi, It must learn only 2 damaging moves and one of them must be hidden power, The other Damage dealing move can be of your choice and the other 2 moves must not deal damage.
Nice the celebi will be well used
have a deoxys that must always be speed forme
DEAL!

Alright my team is made thank you!

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Okay, this one's a little odd..

I want to do a run based off of Greek Mythology on my Platinum game.

You see, I want pokemon with attributes of the Greek Gods, like a Quagsire named Poseidon, a Roserade named Persephone, a Purugly named Aphrodite, etc.

These are my restrictions:

-All names must be Greek God names, and they have to make sense. So, don't name a Blissey Zeus, name it Aphrodite, or some other god's name, okay?
-All pokemon must be fully evolved by the end of the run.
-I can trade with wifi....
....if I use my neighbor's wifi, which is kind of cumbersome for me, so, can you avoid doing that, please?
-Nothing too ridiculous, please.

Kalosian

So long
Toobworm, take a Male Rampardos, name it Hades. It can evolve from Cranidos after soloing three trainers which has at least one Pokemon in their team that is either Rock, Ground or Steel.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Toobworm Presents:
The Pokemon Challenge about Greek Gods and Stuff

Okay, this one's a little odd..

I want to do a run based off of Greek Mythology on my Platinum game.

You see, I want pokemon with attributes of the Greek Gods, like a Quagsire named Poseidon, a Roserade named Persephone, a Purugly named Aphrodite, etc.

These are my restrictions:

-All names must be Greek God names, and they have to make sense. So, don't name a Blissey Zeus, name it Aphrodite, or some other god's name, okay?
-All pokemon must be fully evolved by the end of the run.
-I can trade with wifi....
....if I use my neighbor's wifi, which is kind of cumbersome for me, so, can you avoid doing that, please?
-Nothing too ridiculous, please.

Pokemon;

Toobworm, take a Male Rampardos, name it Hades. It can evolve from Cranidos after soloing three trainers which has at least one Pokemon in their team that is either Rock, Ground or Steel.