• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Tangela/Tangrowth (named Italy because...it looks like spaghetti?). Must use Solar Beam at least once against each member of the Elite Four (not to evolve...just has to).

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
SilverMorty Take Tauros for Spain(Bull fighting is famous there).Name it Angry Bull.It must know both Thrash and Outrage.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Silver Morty if you accept another one from me, take a Gyrados to represent Ireland (it looks like the lockness monster)

@ Victini just pointing out that Loch Ness is in Scotland, not Ireland. Trust me. I'm Irish.

Last edited:

SilverMorty

HG challenge. Theme is European Countries. Think of a pokemon that represents a European country (The country will be the nickname). I can trade so access to all pokemon and they must be fully evolved. Creative restrictions welcomed.

-Ampharos (England)- must keep Charge and Signal Beam
-Mightyena (Germany)- must keep Bite and Thief
-Smeargle (France)- Sketch the first move it can and use it in every boss fight
-Tangrowth (Italy)- Must use Solarbeam against Elite Four at least once
-Tauros (Spain)- Thrash and Outrage
-

I won't accept the Gyarados (besides if it's Loch Ness there's a better pokemon for that). Try another country :)

Thanks so far!

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
@ Victini just pointing out that Loch Ness is in Scotland, not Ireland. Trust me. I'm Irish.

Whoops wrong Place! I usually get places mixed up.

SilverMorty take an abomasnow for Switzerland. It cannot learn sheer cold and must use an ice move against candice
Umm he's doing it on HG(Heart Gold)

and as a reminder,
I am going to do a Diamond challenge
Restrictions
- Must have a pokemon from a honey tree thats not named Wurmple
- I must have a baby Pokemon
- No Pseudo legendary pokemon
- I accept Pokemon from other regions
- no useless/Annoying pokemon (no Magikarp, zubat, etc)
- I must have 1 flying type thats not part normal
- The theme is a Forest with thousands of trees in it.
- No once per game battles or gym battles for my pokemon evolution (No 'Beat Gardinea with.... to evolve', or no 'Beat a Team galactic grunt with... at .... to evolve'
Pokemon
- Tur the male turtwig, Any idea for restrictions?
- Cherry the female Cherubi must defeat a combee to evolve.
- Queen the female Combee, must defeat 2 pokemon with type advantages over it. (had to change cause it was a once per game battle)
- HONEY! the male Heracross, Must defeat each pokemon I capture in the wild (except my starter!)
- (Next one is baby pokemon)
- (the last one is the flying type thats not part NORMAL pokemon that can learn fly!)

SilverMorty

Good enough, I'll just replace it with Pryce since they're the same gym order.

-Tangrowth (Italy)- Must use Solarbeam against Elite Four at least once
-Tauros (Spain)- Thrash and Outrage
-Abomasnow (Switzerland)- cannot learn Sheer cold and must use an Ice move against Pryce

Thanks everyone :D

Victinifan as a second one from me, take an Azurill. (Probably the closest Water type that can fit in your theme- Azumarill is a rabbit = forest)

Evolve it to Marill whenever but since the rest of your pokemon so far are weak to fire, it has to take a fire attack aimed at each one of your pokemon weak to fire to evolve. (For example, it has to take a fire attack aimed at Heracross, then another one for Cherubi, etc.)

Last edited:

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Restrictions
- No once per game battles or gym battles for my pokemon evolution (No 'Beat Gardinea with.... to evolve', or no 'Beat a Team galactic grunt with... at .... to evolve'
Pokemon
- Queen the female Combee, must defeat 2 pokemon with type advantages over it. (had to change cause it was a once per game battle)
- HONEY! the male Heracross, Must defeat each pokemon I capture in the wild (except my starter!)
- Azu the male Azurill, can evolve freely once, but must block a fire type attack for each member of my team that are weak to fire to evolve again.
- (the last one is the flying type thats not part NORMAL pokemon that can learn fly!)

725roy

ambivolent
@Victinifan your last pokemon will be a Mothim, and in order to evolve the male burmy, you must first get the Relic Badge. As for Mothim, his nickname is "ILikeLight" and must only know 1 STAB move total either BUG of Flying NOT BOTH. To also "help you" even more, each move must be different type. Finally no held items are allowed.

Have fun!

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
@Victinifan your last pokemon will be a Mothim, and in order to evolve the male burmy, you must first get the Relic Badge. As for Mothim, his nickname is "ILikeLight" and must only know 1 STAB move total either BUG of Flying NOT BOTH. To also "help you" even more, each move must be different type. Finally no held items are allowed.

Have fun!

Sorry but Mothim can't learn fly, please try again.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
Victinifan, take a Tropius with Chlorophyll that must always have Sunny Day.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Victinifan, take a Tropius with Chlorophyll that must always have Sunny Day.

Umm tropius is a jungle pokemon, My theme is a forest.

Still one last slot!
Restrictions
Pokemon
- Azu the male Azurill, can evolve freely once, but must block a fire type attack for each member of my team that are weak to fire to evolve again.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Crobat. You can never use the Soothe Bell, Veilstone massages, vitamins, or EV-reducing berries to up its Friendship in your road to evolving it.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Restrictions
Pokemon
- Batter the male Zubat, can evolve freely once, but can't use Soothe Bell, Veilstone massages, vitamins, or EV-reducing berries to help it evolve again. (which means all the other berries don't count to the restrictions!)

Thx everyone! I will get started very soon!

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
HG challenge. Theme is European Countries. Think of a pokemon that represents a European country (The country will be the nickname). I can trade so access to all pokemon and they must be fully evolved. Creative restrictions welcomed.

-
-
-
Mind explaining how Mightyena and Ampharos relate to their respective countries and how you're going to do this challenge? Because I don't understand how it works. You get these Pokemon, however, Mightyena isn't obtainable until you beat the E4.
Ursaring named Russia. If caught as a Teddiursa it must beat an ice-type to evolve and can learn any move it wants. If caught as an Ursaring it must have Roar at all times.
Restrictions
Pokemon
- Batter the male Zubat, can evolve freely once, but can't use Soothe Bell, Veilstone massages, vitamins, or EV-reducing berries to help it evolve again. (which means all the other berries don't count to the restrictions!)

Thx everyone! I will get started very soon!
What if your Turtwig has to defeat Gardenia's Turtwig before it evolves? I dont' know if that goes against the whole once per game battle thing or anything but I'm not saying it has to gain the exp to evolve I'm just saying beat the turtwigbefore it evolves and then it can evolve freely. Or Tur must defeat Gardenia's Turtwig without any help from other Pokemon. Whatever would work and involves defeating Gardenia's Turtwig.

Last edited:

SilverMorty

I actually mentioned in my original post that I could trade so I accepted Mightyena (plus was curious to use it in 4th gen).

It's kind of up to the requester to accept or not, I just take it if it makes *some* sort of sense and if I could see where the poster was going with it since this thread (or the HMWYBS challenges in general) don't have as much posters and waiting for teams take a long time. If I was too picky I'd wait for ages.

But I do love your Ursaring idea though, even if my team is technically full I kind of want to rotate now just so I can use Ursaring :D

edit:

According to the poster it was Ampharos = sheep = England (I googled anyway and it said the origin of wool use was England so I kind of accepted it)

and Mightyena was apparently because it looks like a German sheperd :/

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I actually mentioned in my original post that I could trade so I accepted Mightyena (plus was curious to use it in 4th gen).

It's kind of up to the requester to accept or not, I just take it if it makes *some* sort of sense and if I could see where the poster was going with it since this thread (or the HMWYBS challenges in general) don't have as much posters and waiting for teams take a long time. If I was too picky I'd wait for ages.

But I do love your Ursaring idea though, even if my team is technically full I kind of want to rotate now just so I can use Ursaring :D
Okay but again... Mightyena and Ampharos? How do they relate to Germany and England?

Tumnus

I need pokemon for one of these.
They need to be pokemon for these restrictions.
This is for a peral version.

Can evolve after soloing 10 team galactic members, Can evolve again after soloing the last 2 gym leaders.
No restrictions.
Have to catch using The master ball
Must beat 10 higher level of its kind in order to evolve.
Must keep 2 Of its first 4 moves.
You can not switch into unless all of your other pokemon are fainted.

Feel free to give me a pokemon or two.