• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

camj23

Master
@Dirkac- Assuming you'll have wi-fi to trade eventually, I'll breed you a nice Huntail with any specifications if you'd like. Let me know which nature you'd want him to have, as well as any Egg Moves...
-Aqua Ring
-Barrier
-Body Slam
-Confuse Ray
-Mud Sport
-Muddy Water
-Refresh
-Supersonic
Let me know, either on here or through PM, what you'd like and I can get to work on it.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I hate to be an attention hog, but I still need one more pokemon.. :)

this challenge is based around predators and prey, like, the food chain. So..pokemon renounced for their ability to hunt, or pokemon that scavenge...all those.

-Slowpoke. Since it loves to fish with its tail, it can evolve to any evolution you want after you fish 10 different pokemon and capture them with Lure Balls. 1 of them has to be a Shellder and 1 of them has to be a swarm pokemon (either Qwilfish or Remoraid). Slowpoke has to be the first pokemon in your party during these battles.

-Tangela. It must defeat a Dragonair before it can evolve.

-Arbok. Almost all of its Dex entries paint it as a predator that paralyzes and then constricts its prey, so if you're taking restrictions, it must keep the moves Bind and Glare through the whole game. The only way that these moves can be forgotten is if Arbok solos either Sabrina's team or all 4 trainers in Sabrina's gym.

-Tododile. I know Feraligat(o)r doesn't have any info on being a predator but it's an alligator. Before it can evolve it must beat 15 grass types and then to evolve again beat 15 grass types and 15 electric types.

-Pidgey. It's always losing it's eggs to Ekans, poor bird and because this Pidgey is especially vengeful it must defeat 39 Ekans/Arbok before it can evolve in Pidgeotto and must evolve into Pidgeot at level 39 after making peace with it's teammate Ekans/Arbok by fighting with it in at least 3 double battle victories as a Pidgeotto.

camj23

Master
I, like Toobworm, also need a complete team. The challenge is below-

The Type Less Traveled Challenge
This will be my first Hit Me With Your Best Shot, so I decided to make it interesting. I've picked the 6 types that I use the least often, and will list them here to get reccomendations for Pokemon, nicknames, and restrictions! I won't use legendaries, and the Pokemon has to be able to be bred in Soulsilver (I've finished the game) and then traded to Heartgold at level 1. Trade evolutions are fine, but I'd like to keep any other trading to the mininum possible amount as to not totally have to stop the game until I get the chance to make the trade. I have no problem using an HM slave outside of these 6, and dual-typed Pokemon are perfectly acceptable as long as the listed type is the major one, e.g. Heracross not naturally learning any Bug moves until level 55. Okay, here are the types:
~Bug
;283; (???) the Surskit. To be able to evolve, it must learn Bubblebeam and solo my Rival in the Burned Tower.
~Ice
;238; Helga the Smoochum. To be able to evolve, it must freeze an opponent with Powder Snow. Must have either Fake Out or Nasty Plot as an egg move.
~Poison
;109; EX-ploze the Koffing. Must solo Petrel in the Radio Tower to be able to evolve.
~Rock
;345; Lily the female Lileep. To be able to evolve, it must defeat Clair's Gyarados and one Dragonite by beginning the battle with Ingrain and then using only the moves Ingrain, AncientPower, Acid, and Confuse Ray.
~Normal
;161; Joe the Sentret. Must solo Whitney's Clefairy to be able to evolve.
~Dark
;198; Don the Murkrow. Must solo Jasmine before it can evolve into Honchkrow.
EDIT: A ninkname for Surskit and I'll begin breeding! This is gonna be one heck of a challenge, but I think I'm ready for it. Thanks for the reccomendations, everyone.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
@Toobworm- Let me know if you'll accept another one from me to get going, cause I'd be happy to give you one.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Camj23 how about a Surskit for your bug challenge? In order to evolve into Masquerain, it must learn Bubblebeam and Solo your Rival in the Burned Tower.
Note: It's only available in the safari zone.
About the Huntail, I have to get a new DS to use Wifi since apparently, my DS was the problem, and I couldn't find a solution to why it was doing this. If I get a new DS I can probably trade. sorry :(

camj23

Master
@Dirkac- Just got a Surskit from the Safari Zone, so I added it to the team. If you can get a Huntail on your own, keep it as is, but if not, consider using this instead. Like Huntail, many crustaceans live in the freezing deep ocean and on the ocean floor. Therefore, take this Omanyte and name it Neolith. For it to evolve into Omastar, it must raise its Defense to +6 through Withdraw 5 times and raise its stats through the use of Ancientpower at least once.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well, this is my first hit me with your best shot, and since my specialty is the Ice type, I decided to make it this!
Pokemon associated with cold places, with only TWO actual Ice types.
Piplup must defeat 10 flying birds that can learn fly to evolve into prinplup, must solo all trainers in Wake's gym to evolve into Empoleon
Huntail must be named Benthos, must be taught attract as soon as I get the TM for it, always know at least 1 physical or special move, only 1 water type move at a time.
Lunatone cannot learn any TM's but Blizzard, and must use it under the hail condition, after it freezes an opponent with blizzard, it can learn other TM's
-
-
-

This is for pokemon Platinum, I can trade to Diamond and Soulsilver though.
Thanks list:
thx for the restrictions on Piplup amittal12
Camj23 thx for posting about the Huntail , though my Wifi is down so I can't trade at the moment, I'll try to PM you when (or if) it gets fixed.
thx SilverMorty for the Lunatone

I am no longer accepting Water types, unless they are part Ice type.
Still three to go!

@Camj23 If you want another challenge from me, then take a Lileep as your rock pokemon, it must be female, and it must be named Lily (So original).
In order to evolve, when you challenge Clair, on the first turn, you must use Ingrain, and continue to beat her Gyarados and one of her Dragonair, she then must faint.
The only Moves allowed by Lileep against Clair are, Ingrian, AncientPower, Acid, and Confuse Ray.

@Camj23 I just came across a swarm of Clamperls in Soul Silver (lucky), so I took the Huntail.

EDIT: Camj23, name the Sentret Joe.

EDIT2: I need this challenge to be planned in about a week since I won't be able to go on the internet then.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hate to double post like this but...
I really need the challenge planned within a few days, since we are going to travel then, and I want to do the challenge while we are doing that.
On Topic.
@Toobworm, how about a Luxray? Nearly all of its dex entries state how it uses its eyes to see its PREY.
For Shinx to evolve into Luxio, it must solo five prey kind of pokemon (Like Girafarig).
In order to evolve into Luxray, it must solo ten more prey kind of pokemon, and then go into battle with a Shinx to feed them (This lasts the turn Luxio is sent in, in that turn, the Shinx may not be hurt), and finally must solo a Luxray so it could become the leader of its pack.

SilverMorty

dirkac take another one from me- take a Teddiursa (Teddiursa is found at Lake Acuity using the dongle method in DP so I think this counts).

It must defeat an opponent in a night double battle with Lunatone to evolve.

(If that doesn't count then take Absol instead, which is found at the Mt. Coronet summit and Giant Chasm in BW. It must be the leading pokemon in every Team Galactic battle after you catch it, including post-game Plasma battles)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well, this is my first hit me with your best shot, and since my specialty is the Ice type, I decided to make it this!
Piplup must defeat 10 flying birds that can learn fly to evolve into prinplup, must solo all trainers in Wake's gym to evolve into Empoleon.
Huntail must be named Benthos, must be taught attract as soon as I get the TM for it, always know at least 1 physical or special move, only 1 water type move at a time.
Lunatone cannot learn any TM's but Blizzard, and must use it under the hail condition, after it freezes an opponent with blizzard, it can learn other TM's.
Absol must be the leading pokemon in each Team Galactic battle after I catch it.
Swinub must solo one trainer in the Snowpoint gym to evolve, then use AcientPower to raise all stats against a Team Galactic Member to evolve again.
-

Thanks list:
thx for the restrictions on Piplup amittal12.
Camj23 thx for posting about the Huntail , though my Wifi is down so I can't trade at the moment, I'll try to PM you when (or if) it gets fixed.
thx SilverMorty for the Lunatone and the Absol, I'm really on a deadline now, thx.
Winter02 thx for the Swinub.

I am no longer accepting Water types, unless they are part Ice type.
Only one more!!!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
dirkac, since you haven't got any actual Ice-types yet, take a Swinub. It must solo one trainer in the 7th gym before evolving into Piloswine. To evolve into Mamoswine, it must use Ancientpower and get it to raise all stats in a battle against a Team Galactic member.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Hate to double post like this but...
I really need the challenge planned within a few days, since we are going to travel then, and I want to do the challenge while we are doing that.
On Topic.
@Toobworm, how about a Luxray? Nearly all of its dex entries state how it uses its eyes to see its PREY.
For Shinx to evolve into Luxio, it must solo five prey kind of pokemon (Like Girafarig).
In order to evolve into Luxray, it must solo ten more prey kind of pokemon, and then go into battle with a Shinx to feed them (This lasts the turn Luxio is sent in, in that turn, the Shinx may not be hurt), and finally must solo a Luxray so it could become the leader of its pack.

I'm using HeartGold, but I could definitely trade one over! Also, could I change Luxray to Arcanine? :)

-Slowpoke. Since it loves to fish with its tail, it can evolve to any evolution you want after you fish 10 different pokemon and capture them with Lure Balls. 1 of them has to be a Shellder and 1 of them has to be a swarm pokemon (either Qwilfish or Remoraid). Slowpoke has to be the first pokemon in your party during these battles.

-Tangela. It must defeat a Dragonair before it can evolve.

-Arbok. Almost all of its Dex entries paint it as a predator that paralyzes and then constricts its prey, so if you're taking restrictions, it must keep the moves Bind and Glare through the whole game. The only way that these moves can be forgotten is if Arbok solos either Sabrina's team or all 4 trainers in Sabrina's gym.

-Tododile. I know Feraligat(o)r doesn't have any info on being a predator but it's an alligator. Before it can evolve it must beat 15 grass types and then to evolve again beat 15 grass types and 15 electric types.

-Pidgey. It's always losing it's eggs to Ekans, poor bird and because this Pidgey is especially vengeful it must defeat 39 Ekans/Arbok before it can evolve in Pidgeotto and must evolve into Pidgeot at level 39 after making peace with it's teammate Ekans/Arbok by fighting with it in at least 3 double battle victories as a Pidgeotto.

-Shinx. To evolve into Luxio, it must solo five prey kind of pokemon (Like Girafarig).
In order to evolve into Luxray, it must solo ten more prey kind of pokemon, and then go into battle with a Shinx to feed them (This lasts the turn Luxio is sent in, in that turn, the Shinx may not be hurt), and finally must solo a Luxray--Arcanine so it could become the leader of its pack.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
@Toobworm, you can get Shinx in Pokemon Heart Gold by placing ten Plains items in the Plains area of the Safari Zone, if you don't get it, just go to Serebii for more deails.

SilverMorty

Dirkac since I know you want your team planned out asap for your travel, finish off with a Froslass. Evolve her from Snorunt after it defeats 5 male Snorunt and 1 male Glalie.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Piplup must defeat 10 flying birds that can learn fly to evolve into prinplup, must solo all trainers in Wake's gym to evolve into Empoleon.
Lunatone cannot learn any TM's but Blizzard, and must use it under the hail condition, after it freezes an opponent with blizzard, it can learn other TM's.
Absol must be the leading pokemon in each Team Galactic battle after I catch it.
Swinub must solo one trainer in the Snowpoint gym to evolve, then use AcientPower to raise all stats against a Team Galactic Member to evolve again.
Snorunt must beat five male Snorunt, and one male Glalie to evolve into Froslass

Thanks list:
thx for the restrictions on Piplup amittal12.
thx SilverMorty for the Lunatone, Froslass and the Absol, I'm really on a deadline now, thx.
Winter02 thx for the Swinub.

Finished!!!!!
I am going to start the challenge right now, thanks everyone, I had this to go fast.

krazy6446

I'm starting up a fresh Soulsilver game, and I want a team based on the theme "Brutes". This includes pokemon such as Feraligatr, Onix and Kangaskhan.
I also have some restrictions:

• No trading
  • No overlapping types (dual-types will be considered)
  • The HMs cut, fly, surf and strength must be known by the team
  • Pokemon must have nicknames
  • You may decide one move for a pokemon to have, although I'll take more moves into consideration
  • Pokemon with evolutions must be allowed to reach their final stage
  • Starter must be used
  • Legendaries, roaming pokemon and such may not be fainted

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Start with Totodile, krazy. He's the only brutish starter there is in HG/SS.

Totodile must solo Sprout Tower before it can evolve into Croconaw.

Croconaw must successfully use both a held Rawst Berry and a held Aspear Berry in battle before you can evolve it to Feraligatr.

EDIT: Name Totodile "Malcolm".

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I'm starting up a fresh Soulsilver game, and I want a team based on the theme "Brutes". This includes pokemon such as Feraligatr, Onix and Kangaskhan.
I also have some restrictions:

• No trading
  • No overlapping types (dual-types will be considered)
  • The HMs cut, fly, surf and strength must be known by the team
  • Pokemon must have nicknames
  • You may decide one move for a pokemon to have, although I'll take more moves into consideration
  • Pokemon with evolutions must be allowed to reach their final stage
  • Starter must be used
  • Legendaries, roaming pokemon and such may not be fainted
Fearow named Air Strike.
Spearow must solo 20 Rock types before evolving.

Can be replaced by Skarmory later but Skarmory must be caught using Air Strike only and must be caught in a Poke Ball. Skarmory named AirStrike2

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
krazy6446, take a Nidoran-M. It can evolve into Nidorino after soloing two trainers in the National Park, and into Nidoking after soloing Chuck's Poliwrath. It must know Thrash. Nickname it BrutalBoss.

Last edited:

krazy6446

My team so far:

;160; - Malcolm the Feraligatr:
Must solo Sprout Tower in order to evolve into Croconaw.
Must succesfully use a held Rawst berry and a held Aspear berry in order to evolve to Feraligatr.

;022; - Air Strike the Fearow:
Must solo 20 rock types in order to evolve into Fearow.
Can be used to catch a Skarmory with a regular Pokeball. Caught Skarmory will be named Air Strike 2.

;034; - BrutalBoss the Nidoking:
Must solo two trainers in the National park in order to evolve into Nidorino.
Must solo Chuck's Poliwrath in order to evolve into Nidoking.
Must know Thrash.

Last edited: