• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

SilverMorty

krazy6446 take a Pinsir. Name it Bandit. It must learn Thief.

It must also defeat a wild Scyther and Heracross to learn X-Scissor.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Krazy6446 take a Houndour. Name it Terror. It must learn and keep Flamethrower.
In order to evolve, it must solo Will's Xatu, Koga's Crobat, and Bruno's Machamp. If it evolves, it must solo Karen's Houndoom, if it doesn't evolve after Bruno, it must instead solo her Umbreon.
Once you get the TM for Dark Pulse, you must teach it to Houndour/Houndoom immediately.

Osha Say What?

I'm starting a SoulSilver challange. My restrictions are:

*No trading for Pokémon, including just trading for evolution purposes.
*I will be using two teams, one for Johto, and another for Kanto. There will at least three different Pokémon between the teams.
*No type overlapping.
*Only Pokémon that can be found in the Johto Pokédex.
*Pokémon that have a BST of at least 410, when fully evolved.
*Pokémon must be nicknamed, nicknames must be characters from a book
*Starter Pokémon will be used
*No restrictions based on Pokéthon performance
*No held items Exp Share will be used

Johto
-Totodile/Cyndaquil (You choose which one, and the restrictions)
-Tauros (Faramir) Must have Anger Point, and it must be activated in a Gym Leader battle before I challange the E4.
-
-
-
-

Kanto
-Starter from Johto
-Dratini (Kal-El) Must solo 7 Dugtrio in Diglett Cave before it evolves into Dragonair. It can free evolve into Dragonite. It must learn and keep the moves Agility, Slam, and Safeguard, with a 4th move of my choice.
-
-
-
-

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Osha:

Take a Dratini for Kanto. Nickname is Kal-El.

To evolve it into Dragonair, you have to solo 7 Dugtrio in Diglett Cave.
It can evolve to Dragonite freely.

It must learn and keep forever the following moves as they come up: Agility, Slam, and Safeguard. The fourth move can be whatever you want.

Last edited:

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Ok so I am looking to do a Forest theme for my Pokemon SS once I finish up my nuzlocke on it.
Restrictions-
-Pokemon must have Star Wars names, they can be puns in fact I would prefer that!
-Can trade but would like to keep it to a minimum
-Keep crappy pokemon to a minimum

Thats pretty much it! Thanks!

So far
-Bellsprout. It can evolve into Weepinbell freely, but must solo two trainers on Route 44 before evolving into Victreebel. Nickname it ForestMoon.
-Psyduck, it can be found in forests, so i think it fits in your theme :] name him Jar Jar. To evolve, it must solo the Miltank of death, i think that's enough challenge.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Osha Say What?, take a Tauros for Johto. It must have Anger Point and activate it once in a Gym Leader battle before you challenge the E4. Nickname it Faramir.

SEdive07, take a Bellsprout. It can evolve into Weepinbell freely, but must solo two trainers on Route 44 before evolving into Victreebel. Nickname it ForestMoon.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I finally started my run yesterday. Here's my team:

;158; Archibald the Tododile, "Archie", Lonely Nature, Level 9

;016; Winston the Pidgey, Quiet Nature, Level 3

I've decided they'll all have British names... :3

Anyhow the runs going, well. I'm working on a chart for Pokemon and things I need to beat in order to evolve my Pokemon pretty soon, to help me stay organized.. ^_^

aloquesada

Osha say what? Take a Cubone named Hamlet :] catch him is tricky, cause it can be found untill the second challenge in safari zone... It must solo Pryce to evolve. And must walk with you (be the first in your party) trough all the victory road, with no repel.
good luck :]

zeDive, i'll give you a psyduck, it can be found in forests, so i think it fits in your theme :] name him Jar Jar. To evolve, it must solo the Miltank of death, i think that's enough challenge.
Good luck :]

Last edited:

Osha Say What?

*I will be using two teams, one for Johto, and another for Kanto. There will at least three different Pokémon between the teams.
*No type overlapping.

Johto
-Tauros (Faramir) Must have Anger Point, and it must be activated in a Gym Leader battle before I challange the E4.
-Cubone (Hamlet) - Must solo Pryce to evolve, and must walk with me (be the first in my party) all throughout Victory Road using no repels
-
-
-

Kanto
-Starter from Johto
-Dratini (Kal-El) Must solo 7 Dugtrio in Diglett Cave before it evolves into Dragonair. It can free evolve into Dragonite. It must learn and keep the moves Agility, Slam, and Safeguard, with a 4th move of my choice.
-Cubone (Hamlet)
-
-
-

Thanks in advance.

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Osha say what-

Take a Pineco and call it Ishmael, lol. To evolve it must solo 10 of the swimmers on routes 40 & 41 to evolve

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Osha wut?
errrr...
Osha say what?
Take a Houndour, name it Cerreba (this even puns the Cerberus!)
It must solo your Rival in Mt. Moon, and burn at least one of Erika's pokemon to evolve.

SilverMorty

Osha Say What? take a Tyrogue named Neville. It must evolve to Hitmontop and must Steel type without using Fighting type moves to evolve.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
This isn't really the norm for this thread, but it IS about 4th Gen and I do require fellow user's help, so I hope no one minds....

I just finished up my Pokemon White scramble challenge, and I'm looking to start a new challenge. Here's what I know:

1) I want to play either Platinum or HG/SS, but I'm not sure which (I have both HG and SS)
2) I want to do either a Nuzlocke or a Monotype

Some extra info, if it helps: I've never done a "real" Monotype before (I did one a while ago where I traded over a bunch of really powerful water types). I've attempted four different Nuzlockes (Crystal, Sapphire, HeartGold, and Platinum), and I never beat any of them.

So...someone tell me which game I should play and which challenge I should try!

Osha Say What?

*No type overlapping.

Johto
-Cubone (Hamlet) - Must solo Pryce to evolve, and must walk with me (be the first in my party) all throughout Victory Road using no repels
-Pineco (Ishmael) Must solo 10 fighters in route 40 and 41 to evolve
-Tyrouge (Neville) Must evolve into Hitmontop, and battle a steel types without using a fighting type move to evolve
-

Kanto
-Starter from Johto
-Cubone (Hamlet)
-Houndour (Cerreba) Must solo Rival in Mt. Moon, and it must burn one of Erica Pokémon to evolve.
-Tyrogue (Neville)
-

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Ok so I am looking to do a Forest theme for my Pokemon SS once I finish up my nuzlocke on it.
Restrictions-
-Pokemon must have Star Wars names, they can be puns in fact I would prefer that!

So far
-Bellsprout. It can evolve into Weepinbell freely, but must solo two trainers on Route 44 before evolving into Victreebel. Nickname it ForestMoon.
-Psyduck, it can be found in forests, so i think it fits in your theme :] name him Jar Jar. To evolve, it must solo the Miltank of death, i think that's enough challenge.
-Hoothoot named Obi Wan, Can evolve after soloing 1 Gym, must know Reflect.

Last edited:

Osha Say What?

*No type overlapping.

Johto
-Totodile (Nickname needed along with restriction)
-Pineco (Ishmael) Must solo 10 fighters in route 40 and 41 to evolve
-Tyrouge (Neville) Must evolve into Hitmontop, and battle a steel types without using a fighting type move to evolve
-

Kanto
-Totodile
-Cubone (Hamlet)
-Houndour (Cerreba) Must solo Rival in Mt. Moon, and it must burn one of Erica Pokémon to evolve.
-Tyrogue (Neville)
-

Thanks in advance.

I only need one more each for Kanto and Johto, along with a nickname and restrictions for Totodile.

@Osha: I say you should nickname your Totodile Tagg (from The Taggerung). He must keep the move Superpower when he learns it at all times (Tagg was rumoured to be an amazing, powerful fighter). Aside from that, I can think of nothing.

Tableau

Nice... Tail Hat...
SEdive07

Take a Hoothoot named Obi Wan, Can evolve after soloing 1 Gym, must know Reflect.

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Restrictions-

So far
-Hoothoot named Obi Wan, Can evolve after soloing 1 Gym, must know Reflect.