• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Okay...How about in both sets Umbreon must keep Shadow Ball or Toxic?One move that is garunteed each time.Are you going up to Red?

Numel > Flareon. I LOVE NUMEL.It's at Ilex Forest, btw.PERFECT TIMING.

Chosen Team

- ;390; Chimp - Must solo Roark's Cranidos to evolve, and defeat ten pokemon it is super effective(NATURALLY) against with non super effective moves to evolve again.Special move is Mach Punch.;392;
- ;037; Firefox - Hates blue and the water type, so must solo Wake's Floatzel and everything on the water route between Sunnyshore and Victory Road.Deems self quicker than anything blue, so she must keep Quick Attack throughout the game. Can evolve whenever.Special move is Fire Blast.;038;
- ;218; Slugo - Must have failed to get frozen and solo Gardenia's Roserade to evolve. Special move is Lava Plume.;219;
- ;228; Houndbound - Must be captured in a Luxury Ball at Valor Lakefront at night.Must solo Bryon's Bastoidon without Fire Type moves to evolve.Special move is Embargo.;229;
-;077; Rarity - Verry snobbish and prideful of its speed, it must always know Agility and solo Fantina's Mismagius to evolve.Special move is Agility.;078;
-;322; Volcamel - Can never forget Amnesia, and must learn Earthquake to evolve.Must solo Volkner's Evectvire at any given time without using ground moves.Special move is Earthquake.;323;

EDIT; Okay!Heh, I was thinking about Earthquake...
'Hey!Type advantage!*trollface*'

Last edited:

Swoobat

@Storm, I forgot about that solo-thing, sorry. Stick with the solo Electivire, but beating Electivire will be too easy for a Camerupt, so try not using Ground attacks against it, ok?

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
1:
2: Wooper (Can learn nothing normal after slam. Always know Slam. Solo School Kid Allen's Tangela)
3: Sandshrew (Must defeat a Quagsire to evolve)
4: Umbreon (Evolve between 11-12, keep Toxic)
5:
6:
Alt:

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
1:
2: Wooper (Slam, Solo school kid Allen's Tangela)
3: Sandshrew (Must defeat a Quagsire)
4: Umbreon (Must always know Toxic, evolve midnight to 11pm)
5: Pineco (Self-destruct five Gym Trainers)
6:
Alt:

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
^.^ Thanks

@Zexiontwo

Grab a Hoppip, name it Helium, It must always know a status move, it can only evolve when it KOs two Pokemon in a row by itself.

Zexiontwo, I see you don't have a starter yet and your missing type is Fire, so:
Take a Cyndaquil named Rempo (random :p). Once it learns Eruption, it can never forget it. To evolve into a Quilava, it must solo Bugsy. To evolve into Typhlosion, it must solo Pryce.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
I'll take both, alright, I'm off with this one for now XD

wehtam

Ash Lock

Ok So I'm starting a new challenge on SoulSilver. For lack of a better name I'm calling it Ash-locking. It combines elements of Nuzlocking, Character and Unevolve challenge. The premise is you are like Ash and deal with things like he did (at-least in gen1). These rules dont go into effect untill I am able to catch pokemon.
1. You may not catch more than 5 pokemon.
A. Gifts only count towards your 5 if you choose to use them at the time initially received
B. May borrow (IE Trade or get a gift pokemon) to fill a HM requirement but cant use them in battle.
C. Must catch a Pikachu if encountered
D. Using the shiny mercy rule, I can catch them but cant use them.
a. Same goes for legindaries.
E. If you catch a pokemon in the Safari Zone you must capture multiple copies of it (ideally 30)
a. These count as 1 pokemon and you can only use one
2. You may only attempt to capture one Pokémon you see in an area. Fail to catch it for whatever reason? Tough. Suck it up and move on.
3. Pokemon cannot evolve except under specific situations.
A. It's a 3 stage flying Pokemon, and then only to stage 2.
B. Cocoon based bug pokemon
C. Cant learn a HM until evolving (Ex for Rockslide or fly)
D. Levels up while facing rival (or Red) or in same type gym or Elite 4 room
E. No more than 1 pokemon can evolve per method listed
F. Only Level up evolution, and item based level up evolutions
4. If a pokemon faints put it in your box, it needs 24 hours to recuperate.
A. You cannot replace it, except with a pokemon to take over the HM it uses (see rule ).
5. If your whole party faints you cant play for 24 hours.
6. No HM SLAVES!
(will consider any other rules suggestions)

Current Party: ;155;*****

Last edited:

Old_mate

I was bored and wanted to do some sort of challenge on any of my Pokemon games so I decided to run through my HG as the character Gold from the manga.
The only rules I have set for this challenge are to only use the Pokemon that he has on hand, updated to the HG/SS chapter. I can capture any other Pokemon as long as they aren't on my team.

Currently I have just captured Red Gyarados and I'm about to help Lance out.

My team so far is:
;156; Exbo ♂ Lv. 32.
Serious
-Headbutt
-Swift
-Flame Wheel
-Ember
Exbo recently helped me out with Jasmine's Magnemite's, however he was no match for her Steelix.

;176; Togebo ♂ Lv. 33.
Lonely
-Wish
-Ancient Power
-Extrasensory
-Fly
I had no idea how I was going to beat Chuck with my lack of psychic and flying type moves across all my Pokemon. I had completely forgotten about Togebo's Extrasensory which single-handedly took down Chuck's Primeape and Poliwrath.

;061; Polibo ♂ Lv 29.
-Strength
-Rain Dance
-Hypnosis
-Surf
With the help of Polibo I was able to incapacitate Jasmine's Steelix with hypnosis and take her down with surf.

;185; Sudobo ♂ Lv. 29
Jolly
-Flail
-Rock Smash
-Rock Throw
-Faint Attack
Sudobo hasn't helped me too much in terms of gym battles since I captured him but he is still a valuable member of my team.

;192; Sunbo ♀ Lv. 31
Brave
-Leech Seed
-Growth
-Mega Drain
-Razor Leaf
Sunbo has also yet to play a major roll in defeating Gym's but has been a key member in trainer battles.

;190; Aibo ♂ Lv. 29
Brave
-Cut
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Astonish
Aibo destroyed all of Morty's Pokemon with his astonish, while barely being damaged due to his normal type.

Elvenashwin

Dungeon Challenge

So I've come up with a new challenge for HG/SS The rules are below.

1. Upon entering any cave within the game for the first time, all pokemon except for a single one you choose yourself will be released.
2. You may bring along any item, but only pokeballs can be used within the caves.
3. Held items which heal are banned. All other held items are allowed
4. All pokemon to be used for the future (until the next dungeon) have to be caught and trained in that dungeon alone.
5. For every dungeon you have explored, one and only one pokemon can be caught outside of a dungeon.
6. The player has to complete the game and defeat red in order to complete the challenge

Essentially, for the Elite four and Red you can only bring one pokemon into the dungeons you need to cross to meet them, and train and catch the rest within.

Dark Mephiles

Fryin n Dryin
Ok, I want to start a Challenge for myself in HG, apart from the standard Scramble challenge restrictions here are the ones I want to place on myself:

1/ I'll need at least one Pokemon for my team that is capable of using Surf and one that is capable of using Fly by the time I reach the Elite Four. I don't need them as soon as the HM becomes available however.

2/ I'd like restrictions on how to Evolve my Pokemon, but nothing that requires them to learn a HM or TM move (With the exception of Fly or Surf). Learned moves are ok, but I only have to reach the level to learn them, I don't have to actually teach them to my Pokemon.

3/ No nicknames please, if I'm going to nickname my Pokemon I'll do it myself.

4/ If I have two of the same type, they must at least have different secondary types and I won't have three Pokemon share a type under any cirumstance.

5/ All Pokemon must be able to reach there final form before the Elite Four fights, without any need to trade whatsoever.

6/ No starter and no forcing me to kill Legendaries, Sudowoodo or Red Gyrados.

7/ Since I've never used one before and I was dared to, one of the Pokemon must be an Oddish or a Gloom that I can eventually turn into a Bellosom (On a side note because of this I reject all other Grass types you may select). If you select a Pokemon that has multiple evolved forms please state which Pokemon I should evolve it into. Please give me restrictions for this as well as selecting which period I have to catch it in.

8/ No Pokemon that are on the Uber tier. Everything else is allowed, including Legendaries provided they aren't Uber.

9/ The final way I want to challenge myself is with the times I catch my Pokemon, I want to catch each Pokemon within these periods and aren't allowed to backtrack.
1st Pokemon - Before I battle any of the trainers on Route 30. This Pokemon must be able to use fly or evolve into a Pokemon that can.
2nd Pokemon - After Mr Pokemons house and before I challenge Bugsy for the second Gym Badge. I'm not allowed to enter the Ilex Forest.
3rd Pokemon - After Azalea Town and before I challenge Morty for the fourth Gym Badge. I'm not allowed to go past Ecruteak city in either direction.
4th Pokemon - After Ecruteak City and before I challenge Jasmine for the sixth Gym Badge. I'm not allowed to head towards Mahogany Town. Any previous areas that require Surf to get to fall under this time period.
5th Pokemon - After I defeat Jasmine and before I challenge Clair for the eight Gym Badge. The Safari Zone and Routes leading up to it fall under this category but any other route to the left of Ecruteak is off limits.
6th Pokemon - After defeating Clair and before I challenge the Elite Four. The Bell tower, Whirl Islands, and any area that requires Waterfall to get to falls under this category.

Other than those anything is fine.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Dark Mephiles, take a Swinub as your 5th Pokemon. It may evolve into Piloswine after defeating three Dragon-type Pokemon by only using Ice Shard. To evolve into Mamoswine, it must solo four trainers on Route 45.

SilverMorty

Dark Mephiles, hopefully you'll be up for this but for your 6th pokemon how about a Tyrogue that evolves into Hitmontop? Evolve it to said Hitmontop after it defeats a pokemon known for Rapid Spin (ex. Donphan, Sandshrew, Staryu, Pineco etc.)

Dark Mephiles

Fryin n Dryin
Alright thanks. So far I have:

1st Pokemon -
2nd Pokemon - (I was told this by the friend that dared me in the first place, slightly edited though) Oddish. Evolves into Gloom after wining the bug catching contest and learning moonlight. Evolves into Bellossom by learning Petal Dance and soloing 3 male trainers with it/ after learning it.
3rd Pokemon - Eevee. What Eevee evolves into depends on what the condition of the Legendary Dogs is by the time Eusine is battled. If Entei has been encountered and not Raikou, Flareon. If Raikou is encountered and not Entei, Jolteon. If neither is encounted, Vaporeon. If both encountered Espeon/Umbreon depending on the time the battle takes place. Eevee must evolve either during or after the battle with Eusine. (Thanks to my brother for suggesting this)
4th Pokemon -
5th Pokemon - Swinub. Evolves into Piloswine after defeating three Dragon types using only ice shard. Evolve into Mamoswine by soloing 4 trainers on Route 45.
6th Pokemon - Tyrouge. Evolves into Hitmontop after it defeats a Pokemon known for Rapid Spin.

Current types covered: Ground, Ice, Fighting, Grass, (Fire, Water, Dark, Electric, Psychic)

Also I realized that I made a mistake before, since the Safari Zone opens after the secret potion is delivered, it and the routes leading up to it would fall under the 4th Pokémon's time period not the 5th. Finally, just to be clear with the times I catch the Pokemon, the Pokemon has to be able to be caught within that time period, I don't have to catch it when it first appears, so Magikarp for example would be available for me within multiple time periods. I also still need a Belossom somewhere (If I'm correct, it would fall under either 3rd or 4th Pokemon).

Feel free to make your Pokemon suggestions as difficult as Possible, I'm not going to reject them unless it's just by nature a really hard to use Pokemon, such as Unown or Ditto, or it breaks one of my restrictions.

EDIT: I realised I was being a bit to restrictive with my times, for 1st Pokemon it will be before I challenge Falkner and my second before Sudowoodo. Finally I don't need my first Pokemon to be my flyer anymore, anyone will do.

Last edited:

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Wasn't sure whether I should put this in Nuzlocke or this, but I decided here in the end.

4th Gen, Soul Silver Giftlocke

Rules
  • If a pokemon faints, it dies. No arguments.
  • You may only recieve pokemon that are given to you. So Pokeballs are unnecessary!
  • You are permitted to trade an Exp. Share over, if possible. Gifts are often underlevelled.
  • Eggs are allowed, but no breeding until post-E4!
  • Challenge is officially completed after beating Red.

All Gifts
  • Cyndaquil, Chikorita or Totodile, Prof. Elm, New Bark Town
  • Mareep Egg, Primo, Violet City
  • Wooper Egg, Primo, Violet City
  • Slugma Egg, Primo, Violet City
  • Togepi Egg, Delivery, Violet City
  • Eevee, Bill, Goldenrod City
  • Tyrogue, Karate Kind Kiyo, Mt. Mortar
  • Dratini, Elder, Blackthorn City
  • Shuckle, PokeManiac, Cianwood City
  • Spearow, Guard, Goldenrod North Gate
  • Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander, Prof. Oak, Pallet Town
  • Treecko, Mudkip or Torchic, Steven Stone, Saffron City

This should be nice and hard for me. Since there are 10 pokemon I can get before the E4, I'll have to be careful about how I train them and stuff.

First Log: I started my adventure, and chose a Cyndaquil. I grinded a bit, and got it to Level 9 by the time I fought Silver. Headed straight for Violet City after that, got the eggs from Primo and I'm about to go into Sprout Tower with three eggs and my Level 11 Cyndaquil.

TanBun

I'm back :3
I have started a Duo-run today with Pearl~!
I will be using Infernape and Empoleon, never used them before so this is going to be interesting...

I have also started a 6-balls challenge in Diamond. These are the rules;
-Only allowed to use the pokéballs Dawn/Lucas gave you (for team, catching for dex is allowed)

- If a pokeball doesn't catch, fail. You'll have to go trough the e4 with one /more pokemon less.

- Trading for gift pokémon is allowed

Last edited: