• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

What is...this Challenge?

This is essentially for all those challenges that do not come under Scramble, Monotype or Nuzlocke Challenges. You can decide on the restrictions you have on yourself (say if you want to go with a specific theme of Pokemon or no TMs, or a one-Pokemon-only run, or so forth).

You can also decide if you choose the Pokemon yourself or if someone else chooses the Pokemon for you.

Rules
  • Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
  • Please specify all the restrictions you are placing on yourself in this challenge in the first post, and also in any other posts should you require more Pokemon to be chosen for you by other members.
  • You may either use Pokemon you have chosen yourself or Pokemon chosen for you by other people.
  • If your challenge comes under the Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke threads, please use those threads, not this one! This includes challenges where your one is essentially a Scramble challenge with one or two small restrictions.

SilverMorty

I want a challenge in Soul Silver, and the theme is any pokemon that can be found in the Jungle (as in something like a tropical rainforest, not just a normal forest). I can get access to all pokemon. Fully evolved please.

-
-
-
-
-
-

HydroSwampert

SilverMorty Take a Chikorita (looks like it could be from a jungle, or at least Bayleef and Meganium do) that can evolve into Bayleef anytime, and has to solo Chuck's Poliwrath and 1 Johto Elite 4 member or Gym Leader to evolve into Meganium. Hope this works! Have fun and good luck!

7 tyranitars

silvermorty take an arbok (snakes live in the jungle right? :p)

which need to have atleast wrap and 1 poison attack

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I want a challenge in Soul Silver, and the theme is any pokemon that can be found in the Jungle (as in something like a tropical rainforest, not just a normal forest). I can get access to all pokemon. Fully evolved please.

-
-
-
-
-
-

Your fourth jungle Pokemon shall be

Slaking
Name: Pride
Moveset:
Natural Gift
Hammer Arm
Sunny Day
Solar Beam

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist

-
-
-
-
-
-

Take a Feralligatr. He must know Surf or Dive. Call him Alligator.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
SilverMorty, take a Ursaring. You must name it "ROAR". It must know both Scary Face and Thrash.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Silvermorty, take a female Aipom/Ambipom named Violet that cannot evolve until it wins the Speed Medal in the Pokéathlon.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Silvermorty, take a female Aipom/Ambipom named Violet that cannot evolve until it wins the Speed Medal in the Pokéathlon.

He already has 6 Pokemon (actually, he may have even had 6 when I gave him my suggestion...)

I'll take a challenge on Heart Gold. How about Pokemon from cold places (caves, sea, icy places, etc.)

- Zubat, no restrictions
- Spheal, must keep Sheer Cold
-
-
-
-

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I'll take a challenge on Heart Gold. How about Pokemon from cold places (caves, sea, icy places, etc.)

-
-
-
-
-
-

Enjoy your new Spheal which can evolve into Walrein. It must know Sheer Cold.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

- Zubat, no restrictions
- Spheal, must keep Sheer Cold
-
-
-
-

Take a Sneasal. By the time it is Level 30, three of its moves must be TM moves.

SilverMorty

-Shinx with one of the elemental fangs
-Exeggutor (always wanted to use one)
-Arbok, 1 poison attack and wrap
-Slaking named Pride, Natural Gift, Hammer Arm, Sunny Day, Solarbeam
-Ambipom, female that evolves after winning Speed medal
-Feraligatr with Surf or Dive

if you don't mind I'll just take Feraligatr as a starter since I need a Water type and I also used Ursaring in a current normal monotype.

Thanks guys!

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I want a Heart Gold and a Platinum Challenge. One of the rules is that each pokémon should be in at least 2 regional pokedexes. And I want to use one Zangoose in Heart Gold and one Riolu in my Platinum team. Try to don 't have the same species in the both games. Be creative with the restrictions!

Platinum: Heart Gold:
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -
- -

SilverMorty

Xande for your Heart Gold take a Psyduck that must defeat a Slowbro with a Psychic attack.

For Platinum take a Rhyhorn that evolves to Rhydon after it defeats one of Byron's pokemon with Rock Blast. Evolve to Rhyperior after you defeat one of Cyrus's pokemon.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
@Pokémon Trainer Xande: For Platinum: Take a Crobat that can't know any Flying type moves.
For Heart Gold: Take a Donphan that can't evolve until it gets a 5X Rollout combo during a trainer battle.