• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
Ok ummmm...........
GET A Heracross, and name it Beyblade, and it must know Strength or Cut.

Kalosian

So long
Flame Mistress, instead of the Girafarig, take a Corsola (I hope you don't count it as an inanimate object). It must know one STAB move, one Physical move, one Status move, and one HM (is that better?). Nickname it Sapphire.

SilverMorty

Flame Mistress take a Farfetch'd named Apprentice for your Flier. It must always have a move with a high critical ratio.

Flame Mistress

@AffroBull: Nope, sorry.

My team so far:
Heracross: Nicknamed Beyblade, must know Strength or Cut
Corsola: Nicknamed Sapphire, must know one Physical Move, one STAB Move, one Status Move, and one HM.
Farfetch'd: Nicknamed Apprentice, must always know a move with a high critical-hit ratio.

Three more to go!

Sucker_Punch

Alright, alright...
Flame Mistress, take a Kangaskhan named Helena, found in the Safari Zone!
She must always know Strength, one Status move, and a move with a base power of more than 100.
Better?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Flame Mistress, I'll give you a choice between two Pokemon
Option A: A Smeargle named Picasso. Every move it has Sketched must be of a different type (fire, water, etc). It must also change at least one Sketched move for a new one after each Gym battle it participates in (for both the gym trainers and leader it fights, though which battles you include it in are up to you). Finally, it must Sketch at least one HM move (can be done through Double Battles).

Option B: A Tauros that cannot have attacking moves of the same type (similar to Smeargle's restrictions, but status moves may share types). It must also restore HP with an Oran Berry in at least 6 separate fights before it may use Normal-type moves against trainers. Name it Tau.

Last edited:
Flame Mistress, take an Eevee, you may chose what it evolves to. It must keep every move it has as an Eevee before it evolves except for one of your choice.

The Nemesis

Ditto Farmer
I'm not sure that this is the best place, but I'm not sure where else to ask:

I'm looking for a team for a Platinum run. The theme is that I want "interesting" choices for my team.

EDIT: Added note that I'm not looking for nicknames or for gameplay restrictions for the chosen pokemon.

#1) When you pick your pokemon, sell me on wanting to use it. Maybe you just really enjoyed using it for a story run. Maybe it was something you always wanted to use but never had the chance. Maybe you were surprised by its versatility or how well it handled itself or something like that. Maybe it's just one of your favorite pokemon. Whatever it is, give me something to make me want to use your choice beyond just that "it's strong"

#2) I don't want to use something that's been in a party for me before, so that disqualifies the following:
Squirtle, Meowth, Caterpie, Ghastly, Nidoran M, Bellsprout, Charmander, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Vaporeon, Drowzee, Bulbasaur, Spearow, Growlithe, Weedle, Electabuzz, Poliwag, Torchic, Magikarp, Voltorb, Sableye, Aron, Poocheyna, Piplup, Machop, Abra, Jolteon, Larvitar, Tangela, Lucario, Cubone, Houndour, Dratini, Shellder, Totodile, Shroomish, Bagon, Beldum, Meditite, Scyther, Gible, Natu, Snorlax, Grimer, Heracross, Kabuto, Cyndaquil, Steelix, Staryu, Umbreon, Pinsir, Zubat

The other Eeveelutions (Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon) are still on the table even though there are 3 on the restriction list.

#3) If you suggest Zangoose or Seviper, you'll have to trade me one. Those are the last two non-legendary pokemon that I don't have in Gen IV.

#4) I want to be clear that I am not looking for other restrictions on when I can evolve/what moves I can or cannot use/level caps/etc. If you want to challenge me, give me a good reason to take Farfetch'd or Delibird or Smeargle or something weak.

#5) You can suggest moves if you want, but it's not necessary

#6) I'm not looking for nicknames. You can suggest if you want, but to be honest I'll probably just ignore them.

#7) The only slot that's filled right now is Turtwig, which'll be my starter. I've been considering Mareep as well, but I'm willing to fill that spot with something else if a better suggestion comes along. There has also already been one suggestion of Shellos so far.

In the end what I want to do is build up a good pool of candidates and then pick the most interesting choices of the bunch for my team (with somewhat of an eye on making sure that I don't give myself a glaring weakness in terms of type distribution)

It's not as much of a challenge as some other peoples', but I wanted to do something different than just crafting my whole team on my own.

On Team:
Turtwig

Under Consideration:
Mareep
Shellos
Lickitung
Chimecho
Yanma
Buneary

Thanks

Last edited:

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Oh and Im going to do a nuzlocke roulette. Its a nuzlocke except with a random wild pokemon code.

Last edited:

Drummerdude

The Nemesis, how about a Lickitung/Lickilicky? I had always thought it would be weak and annoying but I used it in my first Platinum run and I was surprised how much I enjoyed using it. I'm not going to say it is my favorite Pokemon now or anything but it is something fun and different to try. I wouldn't have beat Cynthia without it.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Take a shelos named tentacleRape to evolve It must survive a grass and electric attack from a pokemon higher level than it

Oh and Im going to do a nuzlocke roulette. Its a nuzlocke except with a random wild pokemon code.

Umm, that isn't really what this person is looking for. The Nemesis wants recommendations rather than "take a Pokemon A named B that must know move C or beat trainer D." Basically, ideas for team members based on others' past experience using them. I think it was explained a bit better in the first place he tried to do this. I recommended that he try here since it sounded sort of like a hit-me-with-your-best-shot in that he wants recommendations for team members for consideration, but not a traditional Scramble.
...I don't want the restrictions imposed by others (eg take Chimchar, but you have to teach it attack X and it can't evolve until levels 20 and 40 respectively), and I want to generate a pool of candidates that I select from, not just taking the first handful of mons that get recommended.

Also I wand to place an emphasis on people selling me on the idea of their choice. Like if I were taking the role of another poster recommending a pokemon to me, I might offer up the idea of Scyther just because of how much fun I had using it on my SS team and how often it saved my butt in various gyms and important battles and that it's now my favorite pokemon. That seems to be less of a factor with the scramble challenge compared to coming up with an inventive package of a mon and a set of challenges to go along with it.
(Bolded for emphasis) I hope I helped clarify things . . .

Last edited:

SilverMorty

The Nemesis how about a Chimecho?

It's quite overlooked but at least in 4th Gen you get the chance to use it early (well you use it early as a Chingling anyway)- better than when compared to its absurd rarity in 3rd gen.

It would be interesting as it has a very good support movepool with screens/Yawn/Safeguard/Heal Bell (Wish if you feel like breeding) and is more of a team player (Imagine giving Lickilicky even more bulk!). Its Special Attack is also quite passable so it's not complete deadweight.

It's not seen very often and I think would be cool to use overshadowed pokemon in playthroughs just to see what surprises it can give you.

Let me know if you want more recommendations or something, this could be fun :D

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
The Nemesis, I'm going to suggest a Yanma/Yanmega for you. I always thought a large majority of the new evolutions introduced in 4th gen were very interesting, Yanmega included. Sadly, I never got the chance to use most of them for any battling at all. Yanmega has two of the best abilities in the game, it has a workable offensive movepool and a few interesting support moves to choose from as well. Not to mention that I totally like its design, Yanma never looked good to me, but Yanmega really does.

Last edited:

Sucker_Punch

The Nemesis, I think you should take a Buneary. I've always liked the little rabbit, although not so much it's evolution. That is, until the first time I ever properly used it, during my Normal monotype challenge, and my previous views on Lopunny were completely changed! This Pokemon quickly proved to be my teams best asset, with a super powered Return, and great coverage with the Elemental Punches, Jump Kick, Bounce, a wide variety of support moves, and although it doesn't have the Sp.Atk stat to support them, a great Special movepool, proving it's versatility. My Lopunny had an Adamant nature, and with the Attack boost, no joke it destroyed everything in it's path. Not to mention I now like Lopunny's design. SO USE IT.

Good luck! :D

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Ditto Farmer
Alright, so far I have the following under consideration:

Mareep
Shellos
Lickitung
Chimecho
Yanma
Buneary

I actually really like the idea of Yanma. I have a soft spot for bug types that end up strong enough to be useful (not surprising since I consider Scyther to be my signature pokemon) and there are some interesting possibilities with a Yanma/Yanmega (including breeding it out to have Ancient Power from level 1 so it evolves right away instead of at level 33)

So that's in. I also think I'll take Mareep because it's been a while since I've played with an electric type in my party. The last time was a thoroughly unenjoyable run through Emerald with an Electrode (which I did like. I just didn't enjoy Emerald in terms of its game/story structure and how it set up for grinding). So that means my party is:

Turtwig (Grass, eventual Grass/Ground)
Yanma (Bug/Flying)
Mareep (Electric)

So I've got 3 spots left and the following pokemon on the consideration list still:

Lickitung
Shellos
Buneary
Chimecho

I'm still looking for other suggestions, and the 4 above pokemon are still in the running.

thanks everyone.

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
The Nemesis, take a Gliscor. At first, before I really used it, I semi-liked it. And then I used it against my friend in a Infared Battle, and he had a really hard time dealing with it! Same with Battle Revolution for the Wii. I beat the 100 battle challenge without using legends, and gliscor could take out almost everyhting once It got a SD up, then Fired off a STAB EQ. Starting, I semi-liked it. Now, it iis my 2nd favorite pokemon ever. Please include it.

EDIT: Never mind. you already'll have both Flying and ground, so I got nothin' for ya.

CapitalX

The nemisis I would like to suggest a Ponyta/Rapidash because it is one of my favorite pokemon line since gen 1 but its mostly overlooked by other fire types so it doesn't get that much love. But It has good speed and if used correctly it can be a Very good pokemon. So I thought since none suggested a Fire type yet maybe you could consider it.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I need a challenge in HG. I want funny restrictions. And I wanna make a story based on it, so make the restrictions based in tha characteristics of the pokémons.

EDIT: Also, I will only accept Pokémons if I have a card of them in the TCG

EDIT 2: The nemesis, take a Lucario. It is( as noticeable by MY image) my fav pokémon.

Last edited: