• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Xande, how about a Natu named Sabrina? This Natu likes knowing what is up, and has always dreamed of reading the future. She wants to learn future sight as soon as she can, and does not want to ever forget me first.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Thanks Charoshi. I can 't get what "Me First" has to do with Sabrina 's fortune-reading stuff. However, I will do it.

-Sabrina, the Future Reader Natu/Xatu. She must learn Future Sight as soon as possible, and Me First too.

BTW, did I say I want a starter?

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Xande, take a Chikorita. It must be male, but in the story, make it very girly. To go with this, it must have attract and pedal dance when it gets these. Nickname it Jordan, as that could be used as a boy or girl name, and he can confuse people in an ironic way.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Strange Chikorita O.O

-Sabrina, the Future Reader Natu/Xatu. She must learn Future Sight as soon as possible, and Me First too.
-Jordan, the Male that looks Female Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. It must have Attract and Petal Dance

Kalosian

So long
Xande, take a Marill. This Marill loves to roll, so it must know Rollout and get to the fifth turn three times before evolving. Unlike most other Water-types, this Marill doesn't like rain, so it may never participate in battles when it is raining. Name it Blue Mice.

Sucker_Punch

Xande, take a Smeargle named Van. Now, as a Smeargle, Van loves to paint, but he isn't creative enough! So, Van must always know Nasty Plot to try and boost his idea's more. Also, it must have Sketched a move from every Gym Leaders main Pokémon, and have at least one special move always.

Good luck!

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I need a challenge in HG. I want funny restrictions. And I wanna make a story based on it, so make the restrictions based in tha characteristics of the pokémons.

EDIT: Also, I will only accept Pokémons if I have a card of them in the TCG

Ummm, how are we supposed to know which Pokemon you have the cards of?

Anyway, can you trade (for evolution purposes)? If you can, then take an Onix. This Onix wants to overcome its lower speed, so it boost its speeed to maximum with Rock Polish at least once before evolving. As Onix can move fast underground (as per it's Dex entry), it must also learn Dig.

If you cannot evolve it through trade, catch it as a wild Steelix in the Cliff Cave. If it is caught as a Steelix, it must use Rock Polish to boost its speed to maximum at least once before it may be used against any major character (Gym Leaders, Rival, Elite 4, Rocket Admins), and must still learn Dig.

Either way, name it Speedy.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I forgot of the TCG card Restriction ;) . But anyway, it would reduce me a lot of pokémons(I would need to turn down Smeargle, Sneasel, Marill and Natu).

-Sabrina, the Future Reader Natu/Xatu. She must learn Future Sight as soon as possible, and Me First too;
-Jordan, the Male that looks Female Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. It must have Attract and Petal Dance;
-Blue Mice the Rain Disliker Marill. He must Rollout until 5th turn at least 3 times before evolving(since I lost my stylus, not getting a Water Stone will not be this hard). He also can 't participate on battles when it is raining (his best move will be Rain Dance ;) ;
-Van the Uncreative Smeargle. He must always know Nasty Plot, must always have a Special type move and must always Sketch one Move from Every Gym Leader 's main Pokémon (From Morty ownards I guess since I will not be able to get it before);
-Speedy the Speed Lover Onix. Must learn Dig and must have maximum Speed boost with Rock Polish before evolving.

After finding in Serebii.net the odds of finding a Steelix in Cliff Cave, I seriously prefer to get an unevolved Onix.

P.S: Only one more.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Of course I will let you give me one more POkémon

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
The poster above you (Me)

ChloboShoka

Writer
In Soul Silver, I want to challenge the Elite Four with pink pokemon that include any from this list (apart from Alomomola, Audino, Munna and Musharna of course). I can trade between other games.

I'm hoping to get nicknames, suggestions, level restrictions and movesets.

- Clefairy (Pinkmania) Cosmic Power / Meteor Mash / Metronome / Healing Wish
- Corsola (Coralla) Solo on 20 grass types before it may learn use any water moves.
- Cherrim (Blossom) Weather Ball (an egg move), Solarbeam/ Sunny Day. It must, however, take out one Elite 4 Pokemon without active Sunlight.
- Mr. Mime (Yorick/Penelop) Soundproof if male, Filter if Female/ must have Magical Leaf and Role Play
-
-

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
C.Gholy, take a Clefairy, which can evolve after using Metronome to bring up a move that is normally exclusive to a legendary. Its moveset when you challenge the E4 must be Cosmic Power / Meteor Mash / Metronome / Healing Wish. It must be female, and nickname it Pinkamania.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
C.Gholy, Take a Corsola that must solo 20 grass types before it may learn use any water moves.

ilovedeino

Deino Master
I am doing a solo run of Platinum. I have access to trading with HG and Diamond.(my Pearl and SS recently got stolen). I also have completed Pokedex on Diamond, so literally any Pokemon.
---RULES---
1. No wild Pokemon training, no grinding at all, not even fighting allowed which will make it too easy.
2. Only fight Trainers.
3. Every other Pokemon can only be HM slaves(I pick them).
4. Pick my Pokemon but no restrictions.
5. Must be a Pokemon with at least like 20 moves in their move pool, which is like 80% of all Pokemon. All pokemon of family must meet these requirments.
I will use a ROM with Wi-Fi capabilities to trade(I have platinum ROM, and HG and Diamond are Legit.)
I will post screen shots if i'm allowed(someone please tell if I am or not so I will know.)
EDIT:Pokemon Chosen: Snover by Ememew

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
C.Gholy, have a Cherrim named Blossom. Blossom needs to know Weather Ball (an egg move), Solarbeam, and Sunny Day. The 4th move is up to you. It must, however, take out one Elite 4 Pokemon without active Sunlight.

ilovedieno, how about a Snover?

Last edited:

ilovedeino

Deino Master
Ememew, I will go with Snover, I just noticed I started thinking about White instead of Platinum for some reason.
And do you know if Emulator Screen Shots are allowed.

Edit: I will not post screen shots to be safe, but I will still put the level and moves of Snover.

EDIT 2: I will wait to do Snover Platinum until after Zubat HG because my Platinum ROM is screwed up, so I will wait.

Last edited:

ilovedeino

Deino Master
I am really sorry do double post, but I kinda also want to do a HeartGold Solo-run. Same rules as my Platinum.

No wild battles, only trainers.
Only a single Pokemon other than HM slaves.
Pick my Pokemon, no restrictions.
Pokemon must have at least around 20 moves in their move pool.
I am using my HG cart this time and not a rom.

Since I'm doing Snover on Platinum, i won't do Snover or Abomasnow.

I will not reply until later tonight because I am going to a friend's house, so I should have at least two suggestions. BYE :p