• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' Challenge Thread!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
SEDive: Find and catch yourself a Heracross. It must have a nature that lowers attack (Bold, Modest, Timid, or Calm). Heracross aren't super easy to find, so that might be restriction enough. Name it Maul (or DarthMaul if you'd prefer).

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Ok so I am looking to do a Forest theme for my Pokemon SS once I finish up my nuzlocke on it.
Restrictions-
-Pokemon must have Star Wars names, they can be puns in fact I would prefer that!
-Can trade but would like to keep it to a minimum
-Keep crappy pokemon to a minimum

Thats pretty much it! Thanks!

So far
-Bellsprout. It can evolve into Weepinbell freely, but must solo two trainers on Route 44 before evolving into Victreebel. Nickname it ForestMoon.
-Psyduck, it can be found in forests, so i think it fits in your theme :] name him Jar Jar. To evolve, it must solo the Miltank of death, i think that's enough challenge.
-Hoothoot named Obi Wan, Can evolve after soloing 1 Gym, must know Reflect.
-Heracross. It must have a nature that lowers attack (Bold, Modest, Timid, or Calm). Heracross aren't super easy to find, so that might be restriction enough. Name it Maul (or DarthMaul if you'd prefer).

Only 2 more!!!

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Im not creative but heck... Make your own name! Part of the challenge lol

SEdive:
Take an Oddish from Ilex Forest. In order to evolve a Gloom, it must Defeat all the grunts in the slowpoke well first. Then it has my permission to evolve. Once you evolve it into a Gloom, It must hit Level 27 or above. Here's the deciding factor: Go to the Pokemon name and count the ID number and sum it up. Example:
02453: 0+2+4+5+3=14
If it is an odd number, evolve it into a Vileplume, because Vileplume was introduced in Gen 1
If it is an even number, evolve it into a Bellosom, because Bellosom was introduced in Gen 2
However, if all the numbers are odd or all the numbers are even, it may not evolve until hitting level 36, where the above process is carried out.

Also, no checking of the Oddishs ID Number!

How's this challenge?

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Im not creative but heck... Make your own name! Part of the challenge lol

SEdive:
Take an Oddish from Ilex Forest. In order to evolve a Gloom, it must Defeat all the grunts in the slowpoke well first. Then it has my permission to evolve. Once you evolve it into a Gloom, It must hit Level 27 or above. Here's the deciding factor: Go to the Pokemon name and count the ID number and sum it up. Example:
02453: 0+2+4+5+3=14
If it is an odd number, evolve it into a Vileplume, because Vileplume was introduced in Gen 1
If it is an even number, evolve it into a Bellosom, because Bellosom was introduced in Gen 2
However, if all the numbers are odd or all the numbers are even, it may not evolve until hitting level 36, where the above process is carried out.

Also, no checking of the Oddishs ID Number!

How's this challenge?

So the evolution is based off my Trainer ID?

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Ok so I am looking to do a Forest theme for my Pokemon SS once I finish up my nuzlocke on it.
Restrictions-
-Pokemon must have Star Wars names, they can be puns in fact I would prefer that!

So far
-Bellsprout. It can evolve into Weepinbell freely, but must solo two trainers on Route 44 before evolving into Victreebel. Nickname it ForestMoon.
-Psyduck, it can be found in forests, so i think it fits in your theme :] name him Jar Jar. To evolve, it must solo the Miltank of death, i think that's enough challenge.
-Heracross. It must have a nature that lowers attack (Bold, Modest, Timid, or Calm). Heracross aren't super easy to find, so that might be restriction enough. Name it Maul (or DarthMaul if you'd prefer).
-Oddish. In order to evolve a Gloom, it must Defeat all the grunts in the slowpoke well first. Then it has my permission to evolve. Once you evolve it into a Gloom, It must hit Level 27 or above. Here's the deciding factor: Trainer ID

Only 1 more!!!

ricedonut

pringle user
SEDive: Get an Aipom, and breed Fake Out on it. It can evolve if it solos one of Chuck's Pokemon.

SEdive07

DIVEstrong
Restrictions-

So far
-Oddish. In order to evolve a Gloom, it must Defeat all the grunts in the slowpoke well first. Then it has my permission to evolve. Once you evolve it into a Gloom, It must hit Level 27 or above. Here's the deciding factor: Trainer ID
-Aipom, and breed Fake Out on it. It can evolve if it solos one of Chuck's Pokemon.

Yay! I will start this as soon as my nuzlocke is over.

ricedonut

pringle user
Restrictions-

So far
-Aipom, and breed Fake Out on it. It can evolve if it solos one of Chuck's Pokemon.

Yay! I will start this as soon as my nuzlocke is over.

I wish you the best of luck

Sadarac

Here are Two challenges that I've thought up:

Pokemon Draft: Use This http://randompokemon.com/ to generate 6 pokemon. Choose one of those as part of your team. You may, Re-roll any legendarys or any pokemon that don't exist in that generation (IE gen 5 pokemon if your going to play diamond) or simply pick from the valid pokemon. *Note, When you re-roll, use another page and generate the number of pokemon you need to re-roll for. Just because you get a legendary doesn't mean you get a mulligan for the other 5 pokemon.* Once you make your team of six, breed one egg for each and trade them into your game as soon as possible to hatch. You can evolve these pokemon. (if you get a chimchar, he can evolve to infernape)
-Legendaries and Duplicate Pokemon are forbidden. This includes pokemon from the same evolutionary family. (Can't have a chimchar AND an infernape. Can't have Espeon AND Flareon)

Team Eevee: Breed a team of 6 Eevees and then trade them to your game. You can evolve them into any of their evolutions. NO DUPLICATE Evolutions. (Can't have two flareons, but you could have multiple Eevees)

Additional rules to make either of these harder, choose at your discretion:
-Pokemon who faint are considered Lost. Release or pc box them. You may not replace them.
-Devious Level Cap: Pokemon cannot be higher then 10 levels + 5 levels per badge (No higher then level 15 before beating second gym). If a pokemon exceeds this level, you cannot use it in battle. If a pokemon levels up in the middle of the battle, it may finish that battle but may not battle again untill after the level cap is raised.
-Low Stock: You may not carry more then 5 of a particular item.
-Thrifty Shopper: You may purchase no more then 2 of each item from each pokemart. You may only shop during your first visit to the area where that pokemart is at. You may purchase 10 of each item in the pokemart before the E4.
-No Held Items: Your pokemon may not hold items.
- Type Specific Moves only: With the exception of HMS, Pokemon may only learn moves that match their typing.
- Restricted Evolution: A Pokemon may not evolve unless it accomplishes some feat that you pre-determine. This could be something such as beating a gym leaders pokemon or defeating 100 wild pokemon without leaving the grass.

I'm Going to try Draft on Diamond and Team Eevee on Plat. Level Cap restriction for both.

Drafted Team:
Kirlia
Venusaur
Luxray
Typhlosion
Cranidos
Garchomp

While I wait for Pokemon for my Fire Red Omega Scramble Challenge, I guess I'll do another one. I'm gonna be doing a Blue Monocolor Challenge on Soul Silver. I already have my team planned, and it will end as follows:

-Feraligatr
-Heracross
-Salamence
-Luxray
-Lucario
-Glaceon

I need nicknames, genders, move and evo restrictions for the six of them :)

Kalosian

So long
Golden Cloud, your Heracross must be captured before you battle Whitney, and it must be male. In order to use any Fighting-moves in battle, it must solo Whitney's Miltank. As for a nickname, it shall be named Bloatfree.

Thanks.

Team so far:

-Feraligatr
-Heracross (Male. Bloatfree). It must be captured before you battle Whitney. In order to use any Fighting-moves in battle, it must solo Whitney's Miltank.
-Salamence
-Luxray
-Lucario
-Glaceon

I just need nicknames, genders, move and evo restrictions for the other five.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Nickname your Feraligatr Crocodilia. She must defeat 10 geodudes before evolving, and than 10 gravelers before evolving again.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Nickname your Shinx SIT after this.It must always have Roar and Crunch once learned.It can evolve after soloing Falkner.To evolve again,It must defeat all the trainers on a water route alone.

Thanks.

Team so far:

-Feraligatr (Female. Crocodilia). She must defeat 10 geodudes before evolving, and than 10 gravelers before evolving again.
-Heracross (Male. Bloatfree). It must be captured before you battle Whitney. In order to use any Fighting-moves in battle, it must solo Whitney's Miltank.
-Salamence
-Luxray (SIT or Sit). It must always have Roar and Crunch once learned.It can evolve after soloing Falkner.To evolve again,It must defeat all the trainers on a water route alone.
-Lucario
-Glaceon

I just need nicknames, genders, move and evo restrictions for the other three. BTW, fi you're wondering how I'm gonna get Glaceon don't worry, I'm gonna play Storm Silver (Dray's hack in which you can get all the Pokémon from the first 4 gens).

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@Golden Cloud; Name your Salamence Helmet. It must be a male. It must learn Headbutt when you reach the Headbutt tutor. To evolve to Shelgon, it must flinch a Pokemon of equal level (or higher level) using Headbutt. To evolve into Salamence, Shelgon must solo Clair's Kingdra.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Looking for a challenge on Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon must be owned by a Pokedex Owner from the Pokemon Adventures Manga, and named after that character. Same typing is best avoided, but exceptions can be made. I can trade from Pokemon Heart Gold and a few from Platinum. I will NOT be using any starters. If traded, it must come in the form of an egg.

Current Team
- Cherubi (Platinum): Platinum is a Pokemon that was treated very well all her life. Due to that, she hates the taste of potions. She will only eat poffins. upon reaching Hearthome City, she must at least achieve Normal Rank for Cute. She will also refuse to fight any steel types, as she consider them "dirty". However, she gets over her bad habits by soloing Byron's Gym. In a contest of beauty and cuteness, Cherubi must square off with Flint's Lopunny by herself.
> No potion usage on Platinum until Canalave City
> Achieve Normal Rank of Cuteness the first moment she arrives Hearthome City
> Does not fight Steel types until Canalave City
> Must solo Byron's Gym
> Solo Flints Lopunny
> Must be female
-
-
-
-
-

Metalhead9838772

Fearless Trainer
Thanks.

Team so far:

-Feraligatr (Female. Crocodilia). She must defeat 10 geodudes before evolving, and than 10 gravelers before evolving again.
-Salamence
-Luxray (SIT or Sit). It must always have Roar and Crunch once learned.It can evolve after soloing Falkner.To evolve again,It must defeat all the trainers on a water route alone.
-Lucario
-Glaceon

I just need nicknames, genders, move and evo restrictions for the other three. BTW, fi you're wondering how I'm gonna get Glaceon don't worry, I'm gonna play Storm Silver (Dray's hack in which you can get all the Pokémon from the first 4 gens).

Well, name Lucario "Ziltoid" (try and find that reference :p). It must always keep the moves Detect, Metal Sound and Swords Dance. To evolve, it must have defeated 10 Flying type Pokemon within Lv20 and 30.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
OceanicLanturn, take a Chatot, name it Pearl. Before learning Fly, it must solo ten Steel-types while your Cherubi holds the Exp. Share as she refuses to battle them before Byron. Also, it must know Chatter and (if you are able to do record a saying) it must be saying "Pearl". It must also know Nasty Plot.