1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Challenge Forum' started by bobandbill, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

After sending my Pokes off my HG cartridge to my Black 2 game, I want to do a mono-type challenge. I've done water and psychic in the Gen 1 games, so I don't want to do either of those. Suggestions?

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So I challenged Gym Leader Jasmine at her Gym. She sent out her first Magnemite and I used my Quagsire against it. I had it use a Magnitude attack and that defeated Jasmine's Magnemite. Jasmine sent out her Steelix afterwards and I used my Feraligatr against it. I had Feraligatr use Water Gun and that damaged Steelix, but it wasn't enough to defeat it. I had to endure Steelix's next attack, but I defeated it with a second Water Gun attack afterwards . Only Jasmine's second Magnemite remained for me to deal with and my Quagsire took care of it with another Magnitude attack. I defeated Jasmine at long last and I won the Mineral Badge and the Iron Tail TM from her. I left the Olivine City Gym after that and saved.

;160; - Level 35
    ;195; - Level 32
    ;130; - Level 30
    ;073; - Level 30
    ;079; - Level 29

3. Thatguy...

Thatguy... Beginner Challenge T

Hello there if anybodys still here, I'm new to the forums but this section isn't dead is it?

Never did a monotype before but I'm thinking of trying one on platinum, probably fighting since Infernape is pretty beast.

4. Thatguy...

Thatguy... Beginner Challenge T

Okay so I started mono fighting on platinum, obviously picked Chimchar and nicknamed him Sherlock but I'm quite ahead for a first post so I'll skim along the big points. I battled Barry made my way to the jubilife city,got my watch, talked to looker and headed through the caves towards Oreburgh City. I grinded a fair bit and Sherlock evolved into Monferno! I also caught a Machop and named it Nigel though unfortunately I have no access to another DS to evolve him into his last evolution later on.

Anyway I then grinded Nigel for a bit and challenged Roark the Rock type gym leader. It was too easy, Nigels Low Kick literally swept the whole gym and I got my badge XD I then headed back to Jubilife City and ventured north for Floaroma Town. Ran into some more of those team Galactic guys in the Windmill and put them in their place, then headed north east towards Eterna City, though I'm currently in Eterna Forest.

Current Pokemon:
    Sherlock (Monferno): Level 21
    Nigel (Machop): Level 22

Okay so that was my first time doing anything like that so sorry about my terrible writing :p I regret choosing fighting a little bit because the effort of trying to find a Heracross.

5. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So I dashed out of the Olivine City Gym next and I headed out to the Pokemon Center and I healed my darlings. I did some quick shopping at the Poke Mart as well next and then I sashayed back to Route 39. I stopped by MooMoo Farm first though and fed the sick Miltank Oran Berries and it finally got cured. I soon made it back to Ecruteak City and I pranced east to Route 42's gatehouse. I arrived close to Mt. Mortar and I Surfed across a lake and saw Suicune lurking by Apricorn trees. I walked to it, but it fled once it saw me. Eusine the Suicune stalker arrived afterwards and then I picked some Apricorns. I Surfed across another lake next and I battled trainers in the area outside Mt. Mortar before saving my game.

;160; - Level 36
    ;195; - Level 33
    ;130; - Level 31
    ;073; - Level 32
    ;079; - Level 31

6. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

So to take a break from Nuzlocking (and because I wanted to do something I hadn't done in a while) I started a Flying Monotype run on HeartGold.

I'm quite a distance in, actually- I just hit Blackthorn, and I have the final member of my team now. The run's been going pretty well so far, save for some difficulties with Jasmine- I didn't think to teach Fire Blast to Aquila, so half my team was obliterated by her Magnimites.

I'll take on Claire at level 40 or so.

Team:
    ;022; Bellatrix, level 37
    ;468; Aquila, level 38
    ;130; Pyxis, level 37
    ;178; Andromeda, level 37
    ;430; Corvus, level 37
    ;472; Rigel, level 35

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Today, I decided to play through Diamond again, this time with a monotype team (Water-type). I picked Piplup, took down Starly, got the Dex and the PokeBalls. After reaching Jubilife City, I got an Old Rod and caught a Magikarp. I got the Poketch, beat my rival, and reached Oreburgh City. I learned that the Gym Leader was in the mine, so I healed my team and saved.