• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

The Meddler

Never Forget
My 2nd Nuzlocke, last one was in Ruby and I lost the save file. This one is in Platinum.

My starter is Backdraft the Chimchar. LET US JOURNEY TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!

Route 201: Kricketot - No Balls

Route 202: Starly - Caught, named Ravenge Lvl 4. This is good, I need a flying pokemon, though won't be much help in Oreburgh.

Jubilife City: Yadda yadda. Did stuff and faced off against my rival. Starly vs Starly and starter vs starter. He was easy as hell, either his Piplup has yet to learn a water move or he has yet to learn how to use it.

Route 218: Magikarp - Caught, named Fierce Lvl 6. A gyarados wouldnt be so bad, so thats why I've got this fishy freak.

Route 204 - Bidoof - Killed. I can't even bear to look at this thing, let alone use it on my team..

Backdraft the ;390;
Lvl 5 - Lvl 10

Ravenge the ;396;
Lvl 4 - Lvl 10

Fierce the ;129;
Lvl 6 - Lvl 6

None Boxed

None Dead

WhyteMage

After my failed debut into Nuzlocking in White, I figured I'd return to the scene on a less punishing game. This time, I'll be attempting to Nuzlocke Soul Silver.

RULES:
First pokemon, no duplicates.
Nickname everyone.
Release when fainted.
Not counting initial trip through routes 29 and 30.

And... GO.

After thinking long and hard about it, I ended up starting with Cyndaquil. I couldn't bear to go into a nuzlocke without my absolute favourite starter, but it's a big risk if I end up losing her. Oh well, I'll just have to play smart and hope I don't attract too much haxx.

Did all the starting junk, beat up some wild Hoothoot with Amber the Cyndaquil on my way to Mister Pokemon's house.

By the time I got back to battle Silver, Amber was already level eight, which made that fight completely trivial, and even got her to level nine, woo imbalance!

Gave the egg to Elm and FINALLY able to start catching pokemon. First real encounter on route 29 was a Pidgey, who I named Windsong. Quickly detoured into route 45 and got my hands on a Geodude, who I named Stallone. If he doesn't live to fulfill his destiny of owning Whitney's Miltank, I'll be very disappointed with myself.

Grinding, grinding, grinding woo. Had a few close called already, mostly because of Weedle and their bloody poison. Even Amber being severely overlevelled was brought to her knees. Still, nobody fainted, so we're all good.

Oh, by the way, guess what both route 30 and 31 gave me? Pidgey. And Dark Cave? Geodude. =\

Still, got to Violet City just fine.

Cyndaquil "Amber"
Level 9

Pidgey "Windsong"
Level 9

Geodude "Stallone"
Level 9

Boxed/Casualties: None so far.

EDIT: ONE MORE THING. I can't decide how far this Nuzlocke should go. To the E4? To the E4R2? To Red? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ninja Dog

Banned
So Shortly after solaceon town, both Rose the Budew and Dave the Gastly died, with the rest struggling, I may need to do some grinding before I can contiue.

Edit: Whyte, It's your choice on where you want to finish, But i would say just go til you beat the E4

M4zz

Banned
Starting a Nuzlocke in Heartgold. Rules are as follows:
  • I must and can only catch the first Pokemon of each route
  • All fainted Pokemon are to be considered dead and are to be stored in the Dead PC Box
  • In-game trading is allowed
  • Gift Pokemon are not considered wild, and are allowed to be used
  • Not including the Route 29 and 30 until the Egg is delivered

Starting with Rex the Cyndaquil. Will edit more or just simply post as the adventure progresses.

WhyteMage

Violet City was okay, I caught a Gastly in Sprout Tower who I named Phantom. Phantom, Windsong and Amber destroyed that place, while I occasionally switched Stallone in and out to get him some quick exp.

Stallone then proceeded to obliterate Falkner and his birds with rock throw, which he learned in that gym.

Hoo boy, I'm only up to the pokemon centre out the front of Union Cave, and I've already had a casualty. It was that fisher on route 32 with the level 10 Goldeen. That thing got THREE criticals on Windsong and killed her. T.T

My catch for that route was an Ekans that I called Strangles. I'm not planning on using it at the moment.

I figured I'd run into Union Cave quickly to see what it had to offer. Geodude, another one. >.>

Quilava "Amber
Level 14

Geodude "Stallone"
Level 14

Gastly "Phantom"
Level 14

Ekans "Strangles"

Pidgey "Windsong"
Level 3 -11

I've decided to at least go through Kanto under Nuzlocke rukes.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I recently started a HG nuzlocke. my team:

;158; Monster, lv. 16
;092; Shadow, lv. 16
;175; Spring, lv. 17

This is my first nuzlocke ever and so far its really fun. I'm about to enter Union Cave after you beat Falkner.

Anyways, I have some questions about the rules:

1) I want to evolve shadow into a gengar, so when it becomes a haunter can I trade him into another game then trade him right back to get gengar?

2) Can I use my masterball on Ho-Oh? (its not a official rule so I would like to make sure)

3) When I run into sodowoodo does that count as a 1st encounter for that route?

4) If I run into another Pokemon at the lake of Rage can I still catch Gyrados?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would really appreciate it if someone would answer them, thanks

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I recently started a HG nuzlocke. my team:

;158; Monster, lv. 16
;092; Shadow, lv. 16
;175; Spring, lv. 17

This is my first nuzlocke ever and so far its really fun. I'm about to enter Union Cave after you beat Falkner.

Anyways, I have some questions about the rules:

1) I want to evolve shadow into a gengar, so when it becomes a haunter can I trade him into another game then trade him right back to get gengar?

2) Can I use my masterball on Ho-Oh? (its not a official rule so I would like to make sure)

3) When I run into sodowoodo does that count as a 1st encounter for that route?

4) If I run into another Pokemon at the lake of Rage can I still catch Gyrados?

Sorry for all the questions, but I would really appreciate it if someone would answer them, thanks

1. Some people have rules against it, but I think it's fine. That's what I did for my Gigalith in my White nuzlocke. Go for it.

2. Yes, unless you have a rule against catching legends.

3. Yes.

4. No.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
1. Some people have rules against it, but I think it's fine. That's what I did for my Gigalith in my White nuzlocke. Go for it.

2. Yes, unless you have a rule against catching legends.

3. Yes.

4. No.

thank you for the information :)

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Radish

Royal Rapidash
Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on any forum, so I'll make it as interesting as possible.

I just begun my Nuzlocke challenge on Pearl and I'm 1 hour and 20 minutes in. I'm currently loving the idea, and it makes it a lot different than what I normally do. I tend to end up finishing the elite four challenge and then breeding for shinies. It gets too boring after a while.

So here I go!

The rules that I am following are;
- nickname all your pokemon so you bond with them
- when pokemon faint, they are thus considered "dead"
- you are allowed one pokemon per route
- when you "white/black out" it is considered game over
- pokemon centres only
- no items, including handheld
- not allowing pokemon to evole

My current team is;
Boa the piplup
Ching the shinx

Current casualties;
None thus far

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Wait... so, you're going through the game without evolving anything? Interesting.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on any forum, so I'll make it as interesting as possible.

I just begun my Nuzlocke challenge on Pearl and I'm 1 hour and 20 minutes in. I'm currently loving the idea, and it makes it a lot different than what I normally do. I tend to end up finishing the elite four challenge and then breeding for shinies. It gets too boring after a while.

So here I go!

- pokemon centres only

My current team is;
Boa the piplup
Ching the shinx

Current casualties;
None thus far

That sounds really challenging. Good luck :D

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)

So here I go!

- pokemon centres only

My current team is;
Boa the piplup
Ching the shinx

Current casualties;
None thus far
...wait, are you actually going to try to win this? o.o Good luck bro. you'll need it.

Radish

Royal Rapidash
To everyone who's posted:

Yes I'm going to try and win it with a combination of over levelling and great preparation! I decided that I would do the "non-evolve" rule because it means that I'll have a tougher time out of it and I'll ultimately end up with either a failure or a HUGE success. Let's hope it's the latter. :3

The rule that I looked up says I can catch evolved pokemon, but god, they're not that great normally or aren't particularly strong... So I'll just have to wait and see! Thank you for the support and the good lucks-- I'll be needing them!

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
To everyone who's posted:

Yes I'm going to try and win it with a combination of over levelling and great preparation! I decided that I would do the "non-evolve" rule because it means that I'll have a tougher time out of it and I'll ultimately end up with either a failure or a HUGE success. Let's hope it's the latter. :3

The rule that I looked up says I can catch evolved pokemon, but god, they're not that great normally or aren't particularly strong... So I'll just have to wait and see! Thank you for the support and the good lucks-- I'll be needing them!

Well, all I have to say is: Good luck. You're going to need it.

Radish

Royal Rapidash
After playing around with it all night, I might get rid of the evolve rule. I'm not sure. Someone give me a suggestion, please?

Plus, I just caught my next route pokemon and now I'm on:
;393; Bao, level 9
:;399; Fei, level 5
;403; Ching, level 8

Had a few close calls with Fei seeing as bidoof seems to be the weakest pokemon in exsistance, but she's going well so far.

QuartzThestral

Shiny Egg Hunter
Get rid of the evolve rule, it'll kill you! Haha.

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. I started a nuzlocke challenge a couple of days ago on SoulSilver, and I think it's going okay. xD
The rules are:
-Catch only the first pokemon you encounter on each route
-Release any fainted pokemon
-Pokemon centre healing only

I started with Cyndaquil, called Heart. <3
Current recruits are:
Heart the Quilava
Teeth the Raticate
Rattie the Raticate
White the Raticate
Yolk the Togetic
Ila the Beedrill
Pyn the Nidorina
Annnnnd....Kistler the Drowzee. I've also had quite a few casualties so far, mainly due to critical hits. ¬.¬

RIP
Mice the Rattata
Jase the Rattata
Hoots the Hoothoot
Josephine the Geodude
Jasper the Unown
Mamba the Ekans
Yawn the Slowpoke

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I'm hear posting my progress of my run. So here's what happened last time I played:

I got through Union cave and slowpoke well okay. My team is small but their lv. are high. I didn't think that Bugsy would be a problem because I have Gastly. So at the beginning of the battle I sent out Togepi so i dont waste gastly. I didnt realize that she was gonna do the scyther u-turn trick. it was a crit on togepi. thats the end of him. Gastly got rid of the rest of her team pretty quick though. Im really sad about togepi. I trianed him to be the same lv. as the rest of my team... for nothing. this is what im down to:

;159; lv 20

;092; lv 22

rip ;175;

what do you guys think? should i give up or keep going?

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
@confusedeevee Keep going of course!!! ;O never give up.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
are you sure? can I survive witney like this?