• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I just don't feel like spending all my free time training a random lv. 6 wild pokemon to lv 20 to match my team so it can die again -_-"

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I just don't feel like spending all my free time training a random lv. 6 wild pokemon to lv 20 to match my team so it can die again -_-"

EDIT: im really sorry for double posting the same thing. It was an accident that I made when I refreshed the page. I know its against the rules and everything.

Last edited:

Radish

Royal Rapidash
@confusedeevee
Sadly, if you don't feel like doing that, I don't think you'll get very far. It's the whole point of it being a challenge, you have to do stuff that you don't feel like doing, you know? And you never know-- it might not die again!

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
^^ okay, thanks for the motivation, I'll see what I can get myself into. The thing is that I'm addicted to skyrim right now ;)

Radish

Royal Rapidash
Ahh, I don't play that! I'm unsure what the fuss is all about, but...
It's not a problem! I'm always here if you need more. Sometimes I don't feel motivated to have one battle and then go to a pokemon centre, and then back to do one battle. It's tough but hopefully it'll be worth it, you know?

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
why not? i think that skyrim is a decent RPG. If you don't know what all the fuss is then you should pick up a copy for yourself to find out. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm just not sure if I want to spend my free time playing games that I already beat when i could play new stuff. The real reason why I stopped in the first place was because I had great expectations for togepi. He was gonna help me with Chuck, Bruno, and Red. I feel like I lost someone close to me (which is the point of nuzlocke anyway right?) im so confused :(

EDIT: exactly how do you think its worth it? this is a question that I also ask myself. To me, the only thing "worth it" is EV training, but that's far too tedious for me right now. I find it "worth it" because its fun, but not when training.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Okay, I've kind of been ignoring my Pearl nuzlocke because I've been busy, but I've grinded, and I'm about to challenge the first gym! I think I'll be all right since I have Caleb, Robert, and Mia, but I'll be careful anyways.
The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 17
;397; (M) Dash Level 15
;400; (M) Robert Level 15
;406; (F) Mia Level 15
;041; (M) Tony Level 15
;404; (M) Austin level 15

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
Okay, I've kind of been ignoring my Pearl nuzlocke because I've been busy, but I've grinded, and I'm about to challenge the first gym! I think I'll be all right since I have Caleb, Robert, and Mia, but I'll be careful anyways.
The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 17
;397; (M) Dash Level 15
;406; (F) Mia Level 15
;041; (M) Tony Level 15
;404; (M) Austin level 15

Whoa, thats your team? Your ready. I recommend keeping those guys for as long as possible. (except for Robert)

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Whoa, thats your team? Your ready. I recommend keeping those guys for as long as possible. (except for Robert)

I can use whoever I want, thanks. :)

So, as expected, I obliterated the first gym using Caleb. My team is:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 17
;397; (M) Dash level 15
;406; (F) Mia Level 15
;041; (M) Tony Level 15
;404; (M) Austin Level 15

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I can use whoever I want, thanks. :)

So, as expected, I obliterated the first gym using Caleb. My team is:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 17
;397; (M) Dash level 15
;406; (F) Mia Level 15
;041; (M) Tony Level 15
;404; (M) Austin Level 15

I was just making a suggestion to help you, sorry If it wasn't what you had in mind and/or it hurt your feelings :)

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I was just making a suggestion to help you, sorry If it wasn't what you had in mind and/or it hurt your feelings :)

No, it's okay. I just don't like taking my members off the team unless they die. I always get really attached to them.

Its been an eventful day for my Pearl team and I. First, we reached Floroma City. Then, we took out the dastardly Mars of Team Galactic. We reached Eterna City, as well. Now, I'm going to grind for the 2nd gym!

The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 21
;397; (M) Dash Level 19
;400; (M) Robert Level 19
;406; (F) Mia Level 19
;041; (M) Tony Level 19
;404; (M) Austin Level 19

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
No, it's okay. I just don't like taking my members off the team unless they die. I always get really attached to them.

Its been an eventful day for my Pearl team and I. First, we reached Floroma City. Then, we took out the dastardly Mars of Team Galactic. We reached Eterna City, as well. Now, I'm going to grind for the 2nd gym!

The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 21
;397; (M) Dash Level 19
;400; (M) Robert Level 19
;406; (F) Mia Level 19
;041; (M) Tony Level 19
;404; (M) Austin Level 19

I'm glad i didn't hurt your feelings. I know what you mean, but I was just thinking: "What if you run into a better pokemon in the future?" then you might have to get rid of someone, if you want.

Last edited:

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
In my Pearl nuzlocke, I just defeated the second gym leader with the help of Tony and Dash. It was a fairly easy battle. Next, I took notice of the Galactic Building within Eterna City. I decided to take out those pesky Galactic members, but not without training first. But, that's not all! During my training, Tony evolved into a mighty Golbat! Soon, I will take on Jupiter of Team Galactic. Do you guys think I've trained enough?

My team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 26
;397; (M) Dash Level 23
;400; (M) Robert Level 23
;406; (F) Mia Level 23
;042; (M) Tony Level 23
;404; (M) Austin Level 23

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
In my Pearl nuzlocke, I just defeated the second gym leader with the help of Tony and Dash. It was a fairly easy battle. Next, I took notice of the Galactic Building within Eterna City. I decided to take out those pesky Galactic members, but not without training first. But, that's not all! During my training, Tony evolved into a mighty Golbat! Soon, I will take on Jupiter of Team Galactic. Do you guys think I've trained enough?

My team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 26
;397; (M) Dash Level 23
;406; (F) Mia Level 23
;042; (M) Tony Level 23

I think that you good, except for maybe dash. I would train dash to lv 25 so that your starter isn't the only "higher lv" pokemon. A higher lv. Staravia would be very useful, in my opinion.

I've decided to return to my HG nuzlocke when I get bored of skyrim. I don't know exactly when that will be (probably in the spring), but I'll still be posting here to give advice to anyone who needs it. I haven't given up, I'm just on a hiatus for now. Thanks for the advice from anyone who has given it to me.

Last edited:

psyrose3

Well, I haven't posted on the status of my team in forever, it seems. I picked the game back up after a nice six month long hiatus. Before this hiatus, I obtained all the Johto badges. I battled Morty with no problems; then I realized that I wanted to do some sequence breaking. This started with Rocket Hideout, and Pryce. Pryce made me lose Trapeeze, my Furret; she was my first catch and I didn't want to let her go.

Then, I figured since I was sequence breaking, that I'd battle Jasmine next, and then Chuck. This plan of mine worked spectacularly; we got through them without any issues cropping up. I taught John (Crobat) Fly, and we immediately flew over to Goldenrod to stop the Radio Tower raid. Shonda evolved into Meganium on the lower levels, and I was giddy and kicking butts and taking names like no tomorrow.

Then, we got to Petrel. As you all know, Petrel has a team full of Koffing and a Weezing for good measure. I used Wes' (Vaporeon) Surf to take out all the Koffing. Just as planned. Weezing comes out, and I Surf it. It has a little bit of health left. And I make my move selection: Surf.

Remember that thing about how happy I was to get a Quiet natured Eevee? Y'know, a nature that lowers speed?

Weezing outsped Wes, and used Explosion. But Petrel lost the fight, so f*** him.

And of course, I needed a new water type, so I got Rian (Poliwag) out of the box. I trained her as I rescued the Tower's Director from the Goldenrod Department Basement. Yes, I completely forgot that my rival would show up to fight me there; he did, and I was terrified of letting Rian die, since she was my only viable Water type. I won, Rian evolved, and I uesd my King's Rock and second DS as soon as possible.

Archer's Houndoom didn't know what hit 'em.

Some GRINDAN madness happened, and I prepared to fight Clair. Lewis (Ampharos) and John (Crobat) worked wonders against the dragons...(dragon's den blah blah unimportant stuff)

The Kimono Girls. Good grief, I hate them. I hate them with a fiery, burning passion. The Espeon killed Shonda via Synchronize, and the Flareon killed Brianna (Golem) with a crit Fire Blast. I was pissed. I got out Chris (Magmar) and caught Dina (Swinub), and I returned from hiatus, spending the weekend grinding the team to level 55. Again, like Emerald's E4, it wasn't enough.

Did you know that Crobat can tank Lance's BS Dragons?

Also, I've added new rules since the first time I posted.
-Kanto Gyms must be defeated in ORIGINAL order.
-Must defeat Red with all three of my Nuzlocke teams (LG, Emerald, and this team, which will be finalized when I beat Blue.)

(M) John-Crobat Lvl 56
(M) Klepto-Heracross Lvl 56
(M) Lewis-Ampharos Lvl 56
(F) Rian-Politoed Lvl 56
(M) Mason-Mankey Lvl 19

;092;Ross Lvl 15
;065;Blitzy Lvl 21
;162;Trapeeze Lvl 27
;134;Wes Lvl 31
;154;Shonda Lvl 38
;076;Brianna Lvl 35
;473;Dina Lvl 55
;467;Chris Lvl 55

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I haven't been able to play my Pearl nuzlocke lately due to...stuff... but, my team battled Jupiter. I easily won with the help of Tony, my Golbat, who destroyed her without needing any help. Now, onwards to Hearthome City!

The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 26
;397; (M) Dash Level 23
;406; (F) Mia Level 23
;042; (M) Tony Level 23

Drummerdude

I started a Platinum Nuzlocke run earlier today.

I chose Chimchar (Chimney) as my starter because I figured it would be more useful in the long run. I then did all of the beginning stuff which always takes longer than I remember and once I got Pokeballs I returned to Route 201 and captured a Starly (Quailoss). I trained Chimney and Quailoss a little but I got bored so I headed to Route 203 and managed to capture Shinx (Leonidas). I raised it a level and took a break.

;390; Chimney Lv8
;396; Quailoss Lv4
;403; Leonidas Lv4

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I haven't done that much in my nuzlocke, but Tony evolved into a Crobat after only two levels of being a Golbat. Yay! Also, I defeated my rival in Hearthome City very easily. When I challenge the 3rd gym, I'm thinking about grinding to level 30. Does that sound about right?

The team:
;394; (M) Caleb Level 27
;397; (M) Dash Level 25
;400; (M) Robert Level 24
;406; (F) Mia Level 24
;169; (M) Tony Level 24
;404; (M) Austin Level 24

Drummerdude

I raised everyone to Lv10 before fighting the trainers on Route 202. I returned to Lake Verity and captured a Bidoof there which I put in the PC. Then I made my way into Jubilife and talked with everyone. Next I beat my rival on Route 203 and then went to Route 204 and managed to capture a Budew (Corsage). I trained it for a little while and then I beat the trainers on Route 203 and returned to Route 204 to train in the grass and evolve Chimney, Quailoss, and Leonidas. Then I went through the Oreburgh Gate and captured a Geodude and then in the Oreburgh Mine I captured a Zubat. Both of those were deposited and then I found Roark in the Mines and spent some time training there before taking a break.

;391; Chimney Lv15
;397; Quailoss Lv14
;404; Leonidas Lv15
;406; Corsage Lv15