• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Knost

D6 nuzlocke

Alright, this is a Nuzlocke I've invented and used for multiple Pokemon generations (though heartgold is my favorite game so that's why I put it here) of games now and I love it so I thought I'd post it here and on Reddit to get some feedback.

If anyone would like to play this Nuzlocke I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for your time and get ready for one of the most challenging, most RANDOM Nuzlockes you've ever played!

(PS Id like to get my own thread for this if people wouldn't mind. I'll leave it up to the MODS :))

SITUATION D6 NUZLOCKE

1 - If a Pokémon faints it is considered dead and must be released.
2 - You must Nickname all Pokémon.
3 - You must choose a “Partner Pokemon”. This Pokémon cannot die unless you blackout. If this Pokémon faints you must roll a D6 and multiply it by the amount of times this Pokémon has fainted. The resulting number is the amount of routes you must box your “Partner Pokémon” (and all gyms, rival battles, events in between will be missed as well).
4 - If you black out you may roll a D6 and if you roll a 5 you may revive your “Partner Pokémon” to continue your game. If you roll anything other than a 5 your game ends.
5 - If your Pokémon is ever more than 5 levels higher than the Ace Pokémon of the next gym then you must roll a D6 every route and town to see if it will listen to you there. Roll 1-3 it WONT listen to you for THIS ROUTE. Roll 4-6 it WILL listen to you THIS ROUTE.
6 - You may keep one Legendary from the game and you may keep one gift Pokemon.
7 - Roll D6 before entering every route for encounter. This will tell you what you can catch. The Pokémon you get from these situations are the ONLY Pokémon you can obtain. Roll…
*Roll 1 - Your lead Pokémon chases your encounter to the previous Route. Return to previous route and roll D6 again for which # encounter you can catch.
*Roll 2 - You may catch the first or second encounter in the route.
*Roll 3 - Poke’vet helps you find the Pokémon that you want from this route with a competitive nature.
*Roll 4 - NO ENCOUNTER! (Your lead Pokémon is injured. Discard a potion.)
*Roll 5 - Your lead Pokémon chases your encounter to the next Route. Go to the next route roll D6 again for which # encounter you can catch.
*Roll 6 - You get two encounters! Catch the first two encounter you get on this route.
8 - Roll after you battle your Rival. Roll...
*Roll 1 - Give your Rival half your money.
*Roll 2 - Your Partner Pokémon is injured. You cannot use this Pokémon for this fight.
*Roll 3 - Your lowest level Pokémon is injured. Pokémon cannot use move for this fight.
*Roll 4 - Your rival informs you that ALL of the routes until you reach the next gym are “no battling wild Pokémon allowed”. Only battle if you are trapped.
*Roll 5 - Your rival informs you that the next towns Item Shop is closed.
*Roll 6 - Your rival informs you that the next towns Pokecenter is closed.
9 - Roll once you have entered the Gym! You may NOT train outside the gym once you have entered. Roll…
*Roll 1 - This is a SET type gym. Change from switch to Set type battle.
*Roll 2 - Your weakest Pokemon has something to prove. Lead with your lowest level Pokémon against the Gym leader.
*Roll 3 - One of your top 3 leveled Pokémon are sick. Box for this Gym. You may retrieve after the gym has been defeated.
*Roll 4 - Medical staff on standby. You get a revive! Can be used at ANY time during game but must be used immediately following a Pokémon fainting. You may only use one per game. If you've already used your revive and you roll this situation again all is well. No limitations or changes.
*Roll 5 - This gym is now a NO ITEMS gym.
*Roll 6 - You must ONLY use your Partner Pokémon in this gym.
10 - Roll before you have battled a boss for the evil organization (Rocket, Magma...etc.). Roll…
*Roll 1 - Partner Pokémon is captured! Roll D6 and divide by 2 for number of routes you can't use this Pokémon.
*Roll 2 - All of your Pokémon are captured except your lowest level Pokémon for this battle. Only use the lowest level Pokémon against the Boss.
*Roll 3 - Top Level Pokémon is injured. Discard 5 of the potions you have on hand.
*Roll 4 - Evil organization steals all of your money! Discard all money!
*Roll 5 - Your lowest Level Pokémon is taken and killed. Release it.
*Roll 6 - You find a stolen Pokémon in a discarded Pokeball. You may keep one gift Pokémon, win a Pokémon (game corner) or catch one Pokémon of your choice. (Must do this immediately following boss battle win.)

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!! PLEASE COMMENT OR PM ME IF YOU HAVE FEEDBACK!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
2 and a half years ago, I let go of my Diamond Nuzlocke run because I grew bored of it. I purposely left the file untouched in hopes that one day I would go back to it.

Today was that day.
However, I still couldn't bring myself to continue this story. Thus, I am ending Kaori's chapter, and closing the book on this hectic adventure.

Kaori felt regret and resentment after she helped abolish Team Galactic. She lost her precious Daisy within the Snowpoint City Gym to a trainer's Quagsire's Earthquake, and her final battle with Cyrus lead to Jello's death. She tried to push a little further and keep her motivation as high as she could. She ended up catching an Abomasnow in Mt. Coronet Exterior and a Finneon. She put three new members to her party and began her training, but soon realized this adventure had taken too much of a toll on her. She returned to the comfort of her home in Twinleaf Town to recuperate and eventually decided that she had seen enough atrocities for years to come. She opted to study instead to become a renown botanist in hopes that she can give back to the earth what she believes she has stolen.
A bitter yet sweet ending of her journey. She chose to work on herself and live a live full of pleasantries, to which her deceased partners might find pride in. She enjoyed spending time raising her Pokémon at home and making the most out of the time she had. She stored away the 7 badges she earned throughout this adventure and let them accumulate dust for years to come.

Final team

389MS.png
- Jonathan ♂ - Overgrow - Level 48
428MS.png
- Vittany ♀ - Run Away - Level 47
409MS.png
- Alec ♂ - Mold Breaker - Level 50
077MS.png
- Marx ♂ - Run Away - Level 18
449MS.png
- Wendy ♀ - Sand Stream - Level 23
419MS.png
- Keith ♂ - Swift Swim - Level 30

Alive members in the PC (backup)
396.png
- Heather ♀ - Keen Eye - Level 2
399.png
- Amanda ♀ - Simple - Level 3
063MS.png
- Oscar ♂ - Synchronize - Level 5
074MS.png
- Josephina ♀ - Sturdy - Level 6
041MS.png
- Desna ♂ - Inner Focus - Level 6
417MS.png
- Dawn ♀ - Run Away - Level 9
265MS.png
- Persephone ♀ - Shield Dust - Level 7
307MS.png
- Majalis ♀ - Pure Power - Level 13
092MS.png
- Soul ♀ - Levitate - Level 18
201.png
- Reagan - Levitate - Level 16
440MS.png
- Meredith ♀ - Natural Cure - Level 1
402MS.png
- Esmeralda ♀ - Swarm - Level 17
129MS.png
- Chelsea ♀ - Swift Swim - Level 18
072MS.png
- Edwin ♂ - Liquid Ooze - Level 20
278MS.png
- Kite ♂ - Keen Eye - Level 29
215MS.png
- Benny ♂ - Keen Eye - Level 32
067MS.png
- Enrique ♂ - No Guard - Level 36
456.png
- Finn ♂ - Level 18
460.png
- Frost ♂ - Level 40

Deceased members
405MS.png
- Kovu ♂ - Intimidate - Level 5 to level 42 - Died to a trainer's Golduck's Water Pulse (critical hit).
435MS.png
- Daisy ♀ - Aftermath - Died to a Snowpoint City Gym trainer's Quagsire's Earthquake.
423MS.png
- Jello ♂ - Storm Drain - Died to Cyrus' Weavile at Spear Pillar.

TOTAL DEATH COUNT : 3.