• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Long story short, i failed this challenge. I was heading to Illex Forest to train my Slowpoke, which might not have been a good idea anyway, but i forgot about the rival battle.

His lvl 18 Croconaw wiped out my team, since 2 were weak to water, and 2 were weak to bite, while they were all 13 and below with rocky at 14.

Gonna try SS again, but with a Chikorita this time.

7 tyranitars

After I finished trading over, I am gonna start a nuzlocke at my pokemon Platinum.

7 tyranitars

In the hope other people will join me doing a nuzlocke, I'll do one on my Pokemon Platinum, I have traded all good stuff to another game.

My rules:
-If a pokemon dies it is send to the Death box.
-Capture the first pokemon in a route/cave/area that isn't a duplicate.
-If my party faints and I don't have any back up in the box, it is GAME OVER.
-I can only have 5 max of every healing item, except when I already have 5 and I get one from the floor.
-I have to Nickname my pokemon.
-I am not allowed to trade, unless for evolutions.

I'll start as soon as possible, and I'll keep updating this. Reason for the delay: I have yet to decide upon my starter. :p

thechallenger101

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
I'll do one on my Pokemon Platinum
My rules:
-If my party faints and I don't have any back up in the box, I get to grant life to one of my dead pokemon if i have a boxed pokemon i take it
-I have to Nickname my pokemon.

Frozen Ghost

I keep forgetting to post!

So, I caught a Mareep, called her Static. I went on to Azalea Town (I think XD) And battled Team Rocket there. Unfortunately, Sticky died...
I battled Bugsy at the Gym next, and got the badge. I then went to head out to Ilex Forest, and my Rival turns up. Again, unfortunately, I lost another Pokemon. This time, it was Static...
I went through Ilex forest with no wild encounters, and then a Metapod pops out. I called it Butter!
I have done more, but will post it later!

Team-
;155;Carmen lvl 18
;011;Butter lvl 7
;016;Pip lvl 16
;074;Rockina lvl 18

Boxed-
;019; Rattata lvl 5

Dead-
;179;Static lvl 14
;167;Sticky lvl 13

thechallenger101

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
ok i started my nuzlocke today. There is a theme to the nicknames to my pokes try to guess what it is. So I got my Piplup. I went to the lab, and got the pokedex. I also named my piplup AIDS. I went to the mart to get pokeballs before i went back home. I went to the route before sangem town and caught Drug Adict my bidoof. I saved then shut off my game.

7 tyranitars

Well, I did a little bit.
I actually did a nuzlocke before on HG, it is now my best Gen 4 game, I also only had 2 deaths that time, lets see if I can do better.

My rules:
-I can only have 5 max of every healing item, except when I already have 5 and I get one from the floor.
-I have to nickname my pokemon.

I didn't have much time to do a lot:

I basicly started the game and got my starter Turtwig. I easily won the Rival battle, and I got the running boots. I got my pokedex and pokeballs.
I decided to name pokemons to either a feature or a prominent thing in their type.

Party:
Leaf the Turtwig Level 7.

Boxed:
~nothing yet~

Death box:
~so far empty~

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, Started this run last night with Bubbles the Chikorita. Skip ahead to after getting the egg to elm and my first catch is a Pidgey named Passaro. Not far behind are Dwarfy the Geodude and Hunny the Weedle. Had to heal Hunny after every battle, but he evolved into Kakuna on the way to Violet City. Headed to route 32 hoping for a Wooper, i found a Mareep, named her Radio. Caught Gassy the Gastly in Sprout Tower, then got everyone to lvl 7 before i Headed up Sprout tower.

Everything going well so far, but Hunny may end up Dead First

Team
;152; Bubbles lvl 8
;092; Gassy lvl 7
;074; Dwarfy lvl 7
;179; Radio lvl 7
;016; Passaro lvl 7
;014; Hunny lvl 7

7 tyranitars

I was a bit busy so didn't had time to do much.

My rules:

After I got the pokeballs I went back and caught pokemons on Route 201 and Lake verity. I did the whole tutorial stuff. Was tiring as usual, but fine. I caught the pokemon for Route 202. I went to Jubilife city. I got a Town map and I got a Poketch. I went east to Route 203 where I smashed my rival with Leaf :). I went back to the pokemon center and saved

Party:
;387; Leaf the Turtwig Level 11. (starter)

Boxed:
;396; Wingstar the Starly (Lake verity)
;399; Hm slave the Bidoof (Route 201)
;403; Lighting the Shinx (Route 202)

Death box:
~so far empty~

ShinyMisty

This person is dead.
I have started myself a Nuzlocke on Pokemon Diamond almost a week ago. I got to say, it's much better then my first try on Pokemon LeafGreen. (I started With Squirtle named Tinny and caught a Pidgey named Omlett, and while training, they both died. xD)
My Rules are the three normal ones. (1) Can only catch the first Pokemon who pops up. (2) Name all pokemon. (3) if faints, it's died, and put him/her in died box, forever.
Well, anywho, I only lost two "family members" (teammates), and I have 2 badges.
dpmfa388.png

Ester: Level 24 Male
dpffa400.png

Bitosa: Level 24 Female
dpmfa169.png

Zu: Level 25 Male
dpmfa307.png

Marshell: Level 13 Male(is leveling up)
dpffa077.png

RainboDash: Level 24 Female
dpffa113.png

Takou: Level 17 Female (is leveling up)
.::.Box.::.11
Ben:
dpiconani399.gif
4♂
Lumo:
dpiconani399.gif
9♂
Zieh:
dpiconani041.gif
6♀
Ziehe:
dpiconani041.gif
8♀
Lynk:
dpiconani403.gif
4♂
Bunny:
dpiconani427.gif
10♀
Denus:
dpiconani408.gif
20♂
Marco:
dpiconani066.gif
17♂
Razz:
dpiconani077.gif
19♂
Ivo:
dpiconani025.gif
18♂
RozeMarry:
dpiconani315.gif
20♂
.::.Deaths.::.2
Pockiey:
dpicon417.png
7-14♂
Manlyn
dpicon066.png
5-24♀
My first death was Pockiey the Pachirisu and Manlyn the Machop.
Pockiey died by defending Zu when he was still a baby, crit on a Machop's Karate Chop, and Machop died by geting blown in the face by a random Geodude.
I will update later, don't worry. I am just grinding right now, because I need to get everyone up to around 27 to 30. I am over Leveling, I know.

7 tyranitars

My rules:

I finally had a bit of time to do some pokemon Platinum. I advanced through Route 203 into Oreburgh Gate, where I KOed the first pokemon, tough luck for me, but I wouldn't have used it anyway. I went to Route 207 and got myself a Machop which I called Chopper. I went into the Oreburgh Mines and trained Chopper. After getting Rock smash I challenged the gym. With a Turtwig and a Machop he obviously was no match for me. I defeated him and got the Badge + the TM.

The next gym will be Grass, which might make it a bit harder for me. And yes I know I didn't catched any pokemon on Route 203 yet. I also haven't used a Machop before so I am rather excited in using it. I must say so far I am suprised in a good way.

Party:
;387; Leaf the Turtwig Level 16. (starter)
;066; Chopper the Machop Level 14 (Route 207)

Boxed:
;396; Wingstar the Starly (Lake verity)
;399; Hm slave the Bidoof (Route 201)
;403; Lighting the Shinx (Route 202)
;074; Rocky the Geodude (Oreburgh Mines)

Death box:
~so far empty~

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Ok then, starting my first ss nuzlocke challenge

Rules: ones stated in first post
no duplicates; if I find a duplicate, I look for the next pokemon. If it is a duplicate, then I can't get anything.
no legendaries

Okay, so I start out with a Totodile I named Munchy. after the story parts with the rival and everything, I manage to get to route 31 and catch a lv. 3 Bellsprout. Named it Tom, and went into Dark Cave. There, I caught a lv.2 Geodude, which I later named Buster. I trained Tom to lv.6, and Buster to lv.4, then went to Violet City. Disliking the lack of pokemon that could beat grass types, a bad weakness for me, I was compelled to catch an Unown in the Ruins of Alph , which is named Heiro. Seeing later how useless it was, there was only route 46 I needed to go there. I was anticipating and needing a Spearow, because if I didn't, I would get killed in Sprout tower. Thankfully, I found a Spearow, and named it Falcon. Now im training to beat Falkner and Sprout Tower.

current team:
;158;--Munchy, lv.11
;069;-- Tom, lv. 6
;074;--Buster, lv. 8
;201-d;--Heiro, lv.5 (for now)
;021;-- Falcon, lv.3

Last edited:

thechallenger101

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Bad news my brother deleted my platinum saved file so now ill start a nuzlocke on Soul Silver

Rules

If a pokemon faints its dead

Only catch 1st pokemon on route (unless its a repeat)

If its a repeat I can catch the next pokemon I find

I can use revives I find on the ground

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Made it to the safari zone, so you should know that I consider all the zones here seperate areas so yeah.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I'm currently doing a nuzlocke run in my Pokemon Pearl, and I'm training for the first rival battle. This is my team:
;393; (Kaleb) Level 10
;399; (Robert) Level 8
;403; (Chloe) Level 8
;406; (Budew) Level 8
;041; (Tony) Level 6 (He isn't that high level yet, but I'm training him.)
Any suggestions?

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Today is a very sad day for my nuzlocke challenge. As you can see by my sig, I now have 2 casualties. The first was Buster the Golem when Magnitude missed and focus punch killed it. The second was Sparky the Flaffy. While I was training it, I ran into a diglett. It had arena trap, so it was locked. It then got magnitude 9 and............. I actually almost cried seeing how there were almost no more electric types I could catch. I then decided to go fishing at route 26, and caught a Chinchou. I was thrilled when I caught it. I'll give my team update tomorrow.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Today is a very sad day for my nuzlocke challenge. As you can see by my sig, I now have 2 casualties. The first was Buster the Golem when Magnitude missed and focus punch killed it. The second was Sparky the Flaffy. While I was training it, I ran into a diglett. It had arena trap, so it was locked. It then got magnitude 9 and............. I actually almost cried seeing how there were almost no more electric types I could catch. I then decided to go fishing at route 26, and caught a Chinchou. I was thrilled when I caught it. I'll give my team update tomorrow.

I am very sorry for your losses. This reminds me of when I lost Maddie, my Herdier, in my Pokemon White nuzlocke. She was so close to evolving, too... But, I'm sure that your Chinchou will prove to be an excellent member of your team! Good luck! :)

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
It's been doing pretty good. Since it is now at lv.26 while I have 5 badges. It has work to do but I'm sure it will pull through. Now though, I hate all Digletts forever!

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Extreme Nuzlocke Update of Doom

Okay, in the last two days, a lot has happened. First, by training my team, I beat Falkner with relative ease. Then, I went on with no new captures to route 33. There, my mystery egg hatched and became Togepi. I then named it Happy. After training more, I caught a Zubat named Blazer and beat up Team Rocket. I then decided to box Blazer, but train Happy. I then fought my rival(yes before the Gym match)and beat him without much trouble. Then, I decided to battle the gym leader, which Falcon and Happy dominated. After the Farfetch'd fiasco, I helped the kimono girl, and got headbutt. No new captures after that, but I did make full use of the day-care. After training my pokemon to lv.23, I battled Whitney. She was a ***** and annoyed me with her attract stomp hax. I then used Buster to end Miltank and win the match. After more training, and a nidoran female and a Stantler named Alicia and Dasher respectively, I made it to Ecruteak. After a rocket grunt fight, grinding session,and a rival battle, I made it to the gym. Morty's Gengar was annoying, but other than that, no real trouble. Then I went on my way to Olivine where I caught Kitty the Meowth and Milky the Miltank.(YAY!) Before I went to the Lighthouse, I went to Cinwood and trained along the way. After a mini-grind, I battled Eusine and went to the gym. Chuck however, caused me a lot of annoyance. After beating Poliwrath, I struggled to keem my pokemon alive. Then, when Buster, who was now a Golem, missed magnitude, tragedy struck. Primeape had killed Golem. Falcon the Fearow then disposed of the ape, and it was a bittersweet victory. After I laid Buster to rest, I helped Amphy and went to the Safari Zone. Within those routes and the zone I caught............. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I was horrified that everything I found I ether had, killed, or did not need at all. I then went near Mahogeny Town, where I caught Sparky the Mareep. After training it a little, it evolved. It was then tragedy would rear its ugly face yet again, this time in the form of a Diglett. Arena trap locked it in, and a magnitude 9 ended the job. Absolutely in shock, I got my revenge with Munchy the Feraligatr. With almost no more electric types I could catch, I was distraught. But then, as I went fishing in Kanto, a ray of hope arrived in the form of a Chinchou. With a sleep powder and Lure Ball later, Shocky the Chinchou was mine. I then trained it when it evolved. I was thrilled. Now, I am training to beat Jasmine. Just so you know, there were other Pokemon caught in all of this. If you want to know how, just ask. Anyhow....

Current team
;176; Happy-lv.33
;160; Munchy-lv.34
;022; Falcon-lv.33
;070; Tom-lv.34
;136; Auorua-lv.34
;171; Shocky-lv.31

Boxed PKMN/Day-care Pkmn:
;201-d;;041;;234;;241;;072;;052;;030;;098;

Casualties:

;076; Buster lv.2-30 (*sob*) killed by Chuck's Focus Punch
;180; Sparky lv.15-19: killed by random diglett