• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
So, in my Pokemon Pearl nuzlocke, I just reached Oreburgh City, and this is my team:

;393; (Kaleb) Level 11
;399; (Robert) Level 8
;403; (Austin) Level 8
;406; (Mia) Level 8
;041; (Tony) Level 8
;396; (Dash) Level 8

In the PC:
;066; (Tyson) Level 7
;074; (Scarmil) Level 6

So, how high level should I try to train to before taking on the gym? Do you guys think I should switch out any of my team members? Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Roark's Geodude and Onix are lv.12, and Craniados is lv.14. I would train Kaleb, Mia, and perhaps Tyson to level 13 or 14 to be safe. That's what I think would help you.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Roark's Geodude and Onix are lv.12, and Craniados is lv.14. I would train Kaleb, Mia, and perhaps Tyson to level 13 or 14 to be safe. That's what I think would help you.

Thank you! I may train them to about level 15, just to be absolutely sure (maybe I'll even evolve Kaleb and possibly Robert). I'll post the results of the gym battle soon.

7 tyranitars

My rules:
-If a pokemon dies it is send to the Death box.
-Capture the first pokemon in a route/cave/area that isn't a duplicate.
-If my party faints and I don't have any back up in the box, it is GAME OVER.
-I can only have 5 max of every healing item, except when I already have 5 and I get one from the floor.
-I have to nickname my pokemon.
-I am not allowed to trade, unless for evolutions.

Well a lot happened in the Main-time. I defeated the Galactic grunts in Jubilife, and in Fleorama, where my Turtwig evolved into a Grotle. And I got myself a Buizel which I called Blits for some reason. I went towards the forest where I got a double Gastly appearance.. so far the 4% chance lol. I got one And called her Acursed. Since I can finally trade over I like how I have 2 pokemons who need trade to evolve. I arrived at Eterna city save.

I don't have a death pokemon yet... but next gym will be hard.

Party:
;388; Leaf the Grotle Level 20. (starter)
;066; Chopper the Machop Level 18 (Route 207)
;418; Blits the Buizel Level 19 (Valley Windworks)
;092; Acursed the Gastly Level 18 (Eterna Forest)

Boxed:
;396; Wingstar the Starly (Lake verity)
;399; Hm slave the Bidoof (Route 201)
;403; Lighting the Shinx (Route 202)
;074; Rocky the Geodude (Oreburgh Mines)
;401; Tottie the Kircketot (Route 203)
;406; Bud the Beduw (Route 204)
;054; Headache the Psyduck (Oreburgh Gate)
;041; Zuuzuu the Zubat (Ravaged Path)
;422; Shelly the Shellos (Route 205)
;307; Budha the Meditate (Route 211)

Death box:
~so far empty~

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Yay! Shocky the Lanturn has beaten Jasmine and is now a great asset.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
It didn't, but it very well could have. The only reason it didn't is because I wanted Flareon to gain some exp.

Dark_Scorpio

Considering doing a Platinum Nuzlocke.
I had attempted one before and failed once I got to Galactic Commander Jupiter.
Her Skuntank completely shattered my team.

Was just wondering if anyone had any tips.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Considering doing a Platinum Nuzlocke.
I had attempted one before and failed once I got to Galactic Commander Jupiter.
Her Skuntank completely shattered my team.

Was just wondering if anyone had any tips.

The only tip I really have is:
Remember, you can never grind too much!

Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions because nuzlockes are really luck based. Good luck, though!

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
I'll do one on platinum. I'll update later

Skwog

PurpleHaze
I've posted an update video of my Platinum Nuzlocke.
The link in my sig will take you to my YouTube.
Enjoy.

Dark_Scorpio

Platinum Scorpio

Started a Platinum Nuzlocke, my least favorite game btw. >_>

Started with Turtwig, caught Styx the Bidoof, Raikiri the Shinx, Chime the Kricketot, Rose the Budew, Atlas the Machop, Ulquiorra the Zubat, and Slug Bug the Shellos.
Turtwig solo'd the first gym leader and evolved into Grotle. I was doing relatively well until I reached the first Galatic Commander, Mars. Her Skuntank defeated Ulquiorra but was revenged killed by Grotle. Now i'm working my way north to the Forest.

Badges:
Coalbadge.png

Team:
grotle.gif
Lime, Lv. 22

Dead:
EmeraldZubat.gif
Ulquiorra, Lv. 18

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Ok so I started my Pokemon platinum nuzlocke. I chose piplup named Aquarius. I got pokeballs and saved cause I was tired

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Well I finally got my 7th badge. The gym was not very hard at all with Shocky and Munchy. Now I'm grinding to lv.40 before Team Rocket fight.

GalaxyEyes

I'm watching you
Bout to challenge the elite 4. All I'm doing now is training my pokemon. Wish me luck.

7 tyranitars

Good luck! ^ I am doing a short update. Defeated Eterna Gym after a rather hard battle. No casulties luckily, but a few wounded. After that I defeated team Galactic in Eterna.