• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

ricedonut

pringle user
-I went through routes 27 and 28, beating all the trainers. I didn't catch any Pokemon on these routes.

-I wanted a 5th Pokemon for my team, so I went to all of the towns and headbutted the trees. Most of the Pokemon I found were Hoothoots, but in Cherrygrove City I found an Exeggcute. It was only level 2, but I decided to catch it anyway. I named it coconut, the same name I gave to my PS3.

-I went through Victory Road. The first Pokemon I saw was a Golbat. I decided not to catch it. I did some training on Victory Road.
-At the end of Victory Road, my rival challenged me to a battle. I led with ACRUELTENT, thinking he'd lead with his Magneton, but he led with his Sneasel instead. It went down easily thanks to its low defenses. Next he sent out his Golbat. I had fought many of these while training in victory road, so it went down easily. The rest of his team also went down easily, including his Feraligatr.

-I trained everyone a lot in Victory Road. I decided to get them all up to level 47 for the Elite Four. I even trained up coconut all the way from level 2 to level 47, not evolving it until level 47 because at this level it learns Psychic. I had to get 2,500 points at the Pokeathlon to get a leaf stone, but it was easy because I did the Jump course, getting around 500 points (including the 100 for winning) for each time I completed it. I evolved coconut with the Leaf Stone and it immediately tried to learn Leaf Storm. I got rid of Solarbeam because I didn't want coconut to be vulnerable to attacks while it charges it up.
Next time I will face the Elite 4. Below is the team I will be taking with me into the Pokemon League, with their movesets.

Current Team:

;157; Steve @Charcoal
Level 47
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Dig
-Strength

;073; ACRUELTENT @Mystic Water
Level 47
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Sludge Bomb
-Barrier

;463; Alberto @BrightPowder
Level 47
-Return
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast

;473; Manny @Shell Bell
Level 47
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Avalanche
-Take Down

;103; coconut @Miracle Seed
Level 47
-Leaf Storm
-Psychic
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Any help is appreciated

Deceased:
;169; Zack, Lv. 4 - Lv. 40
;097; Mckenna, Lv.14 - Lv. 40
;094; Jason, Lv. 4 - Lv. 41

Stereotypical Nerd

Just here to show im not dead.

Well anyways... Trained a bit, and then the unthinkable happened. A Budew crit Rubber. To death. Stopped there.

Team:
Turts the Grotle Lvl 19
Night the Staravia Lvl 17
Lectra the Shinx Lvl 12

Box:
Bro the Geodude Lvl 7
Bratty the Zubat Lvl 8
Dummy the Bidoof Lvl 9

Pokecenters used:
Jubilife City
Oreburgh City

Dead:
Star the Starly Lvl 3 - Crit by a Starly
Soprano the Kricketune Lvl 14 - Crit by a Shellos
Rubber the Psyduck Lvl 9 - Crit by a Budew

ricedonut

pringle user
-I got to the Pokemon League, and challenged them, after making sure I had enough items.

-First was Will. His team was pretty easy. Manny took care of his 2 Xatu, Steve took care of the Jynx and Exeggutor, and I had coconut put his Slowbro to sleep and then kill it with Leaf Storm.

-Koga was easy. Steve beat most of his Pokemon with fire attacks, and Manny killed the Muk with Earthquake before it got to set up Minimize, and killed Crobat with Avalanche.

-Bruno was also easy. I had coconut beat Hitmontop and Hitmonlee, but Hitmonlee's Blaze kick wore coconut down so I had Lickilicky take care of his Hitmonchan, because it had no Fighting Attacks. His Onix went down easily to ACRUELTENT's Surf, and Machamp died to Psychic from coconut.

-Last of the Elite 4 was Karen. I managed to beat her Umbreon with ACRUELTENT, setting up Barrier and trying to poison it with Sludge Bomb. She used some Full restores on it, and there was Confusion Hax, but eventually it died. Murkrow went down easily to Alberto's Thunderbolt and Vileplume went down to Steve's Fire Blast. I had to be careful with Gengar because it had Destiny bond, so I got coconut to put it to sleep and disarmed it with Psychic. The houndoom was next, which I had to be very careful dealing with, because if I didn't defeat it fast, it could set up Nasty Plot and kill at least one member of my team. Luckily, ACRUELTENT's Surf was a 2KO, and on the one turn it had to attack, it used Nasty Plot.

-Now it was time to face Lance. I led with Alberto to face his Gyarados. Thunderbolt wasn't quite enough to kill it, but he spammed Flail, which didn't do a lot of damage. He sent out both of level 49 Dragonite, one after the other. I had Manny take them both down with Avalanche. After this he used his Aerodactyl, which Manny also defeated. Next he sent out his level 50 Dragonite. I used ACRUELTENT against it, since this one had Fire Blast which is super effective against Mamoswine. I used Barrage to protect ACRUELTENT from Dragonite's Physical attacks, but it got a critical hit on Outrage and killed ACRUELTENT. RIP ;073;
Now it was using Outrage, I went into Mamoswine to use Avalanche against it and then finished it with Ice Shard. I had Alberto beat his Charizard using Thunderbolt, and Lance was defeated. But at a terrible cost.
I was registered into the hall of fame, got the SS ticket from Elm, and took the boat to Kanto. Here is how I beat the Kanto gym leaders. I did them in the order you would do them in FireRed and Leaf Green, starting with Brock.

-Before fighting the Kanto Gym Leaders, I got a Magikarp that I caught out of the PC and trained it into a Gyarados to try to replace ACRUELTENT. I nicknamed it Gyara.

-Brock was easy to defeat. I took out his Rock/Ground types using Gyara's Waterfall after a Dragon Dance, then took out his Omastar with coconut's Leaf Storm. He sent out Kabutops next, but I recalled coconut because of Leaf Storm's Special Attack drop. Alberto took down the Kabutops with Thunderbolt.

-At Cerulean City I fought Misty. She was easy, but for some reason even after a Dragon Dance on Garra, Bite barely 2HKO'd Starmie.

-Next I fought Lt Surge. Manny had the potential to completely sweep him with Earthquake, but I thought this would be boring, and Manny was getting overlevelled, so I had Garra beat one of his Electrode. It used Charge Beam, which didn't hurt Garra a lot since I gave him a Wacan Berry, and Garra killed it with Earthquake.

-For Erika I had Garra set up on her Jumpluff, then sweep her with Ice Fang.

-Janine was very easy. I killed all her Pokemon except her Ariados with coconut's Psychic. The Ariados went down to Steve's Flamethrower.

-Sabrina could have been very difficult and might have even killed one of my team members, but for some reason she didn't use Psychic much, she liked using Skill Swap for no reason.

-Blaine was easy. I used Manny to kill his Magmar and Magcargo, and had Garra kill Rapidash since it could outspeed Manny and kill him with a strong Fire attack.

-The easy gym leader fights were over. Blue was very challenging with his team of six Pokemon. His Exeggutor which he leaded with went down easily to Steve. Next, he sent out Rhydon. Since it had a lot of physical defence, I put up a Dragon dance to make sure Waterfall would kill it. Next was Machamp I put up another Dragon Dance and it did a Stone edge which almost killed Garra. It died to Waterfall. His Arcanine Intimidated Garra, neutralizing one of its Dragon Dances. I healed Garra with a Hyper Potion, and it used Dragon Pulse, which took Garra down to about 7/10ths of its health. For some reason his Pidgeot took 2 Ice Fangs to go down, but Air Slash did pitiful damage to Garra. He was going to send out his last Pokemon, Gyarados. I kept my own Gyarados in, not wanting to waste the Dragon Dances. Big Mistake.
His intimidate put Garra's attack back to normal. I used Dragon Dance to get more attack, but it used Dragon Dance too. I tried to attack it with Ice Fang, which took off just over a quarter of its HP, and it used Return, which did quite a lot. This was getting dangerous. I wanted to go into Alberto to Thunderbolt it, but I wanted Alberto to have a free switch in, so I had to Sacrafice my HM Slave, Lugia, but it used Dragon dance while I was switching. It then killed Lugia with a critical Waterfall. I went into Alberto and tried to Thunderbolt it, knowing Alberto is bulky enough to take at least one hit, but It used Waterfall and Lickilicky flinched. Waterfall against Lickilicky was a 2KO. The Gyarados had put me into a very bad situation. I realized my Lickilicky had the Brightpowder, so I tried to keep healing, hoping Gyarados would miss, but of course it got a critical hit with Waterfall before that happened. Alberto was dead. RIP ;463;
I went into Garra. Garra's intimidate was useful here, as it took down one of Blue's Gyarados' attack boosts. I healed Garra with a Hyper Potion, and it used Return, which was a 3KO, but if it used it again and crit, Garra would die, and with all the Dragon Dances it used, it would surely go first. I tried to PP stall it out of Return by healing Garra repeatedly, but then after some time it used Dragon Dance again. I tried to finish it with 2 more Ice Fangs, but it still had Return, and with +2 attack, it was a 2KO on Garra. Now I was really screwed. The Gyarados was at the last bit of its health, so I could finish it with one of Manny's Ice shards, but to get Manny the free switch in it needed, I had to sacrafice someone, and my HM Slave was dead. I decided to sacrafice Steve, even though really I didn't want to sacrafice anyone, but at this point I had to. I went into Steve, but then he undid all of my progress by using a Full Restore. There was no way Manny's Ice Shard would work now. I healed Garra while Blue's Gyarados killed Steve. RIP ;157;
I went back into Garra and intimidated him, putting him back down to +1 Attack, and used Ice Fang after he used return, trying to get a bit of damage at least, but then his Gyarados froze. I had a chance to beat him! I used Dragon Dance, and managed to get up 3 Dragon Dances while he stayed frozen! At this point I was outspeeding him, and I managed to finish him off with another Ice Fang. It was finally over.

Current Team:
;473; Manny, Lv. 57
;103; coconut, Lv. 57
;130; Garra, Lv. 59

Deceased:
;016; Death fodder
;169; Zack, Lv. 4 - Lv. 40
;097; McKenna, Lv. 14 - Lv. 40
;094; Jason, Lv. 4 - Lv. 41
;073; ACRUELTENT, Lv. 25 - Lv. 47
;463; Alberto, Lv. 24 - Lv. 56
;157; Steve, Lv. 5 - Lv. 56
;249; Death fodder

I might battle Red, but grinding in this game is boring and if I don't grind, my whole team will probably die to him. Do you think I should grind and battle him?

And I held off on posting this for about a month because no one else would post

Aurath8

Started my Heartgold Nuzlocke with Totodile. HGSS is a very easy game so I should be fine.

I have included 2 anti-frustration features:

1. I can catch as many of a certain pokemon from a certain route as I like, but cannot have 2 on my team at the same time. Basically, if my Heracross dies in Ilex forest, I can go back to Azalea town and catch another. Of course it will ave to be the same species of pokemon.

2. I can use Max Revives. You cant buy them and there are only 8 Max Revives before the E4, 14 before I get all 16 badges and 18 in total. This will really be a last resort if I lose a vital member and can't(be bothered to) train him/her back up again.

No other restrictions, unless something incredibly unfair happens like 3 crits in a row. I'm playing for fun first, challenge second.

As for the playthrough:

-Got Totodile named Hertz. Did Elm's errand and began the journey.
-Caught a Sentret named S.E.A.R in Route 29. It's very slow, but it's oherwise alright.
-Ignored a Caterpie in Route 30.
-Caught a Geodude called Joe on Route 46. the Rock typing is so overpowered at this point in the game.
-On my way to Violet City.

Aurath8

Beat Falkner. I had to deplete Pidgeot's Roost PP to be able to do substantial damage with Joe's Tackle. She(yes a female Geodude called Joe) was my saving grace in that gym. As she was the only thing that could take a Gust.
Got Togepi. After running for 30 mins it finally hatched with a Mild nature! I named him Lestrade because it is the least fitting name ever for a Togekiss. Trained him up to the teams level.
Made my way south to Union Cave, nothing too hard, except a Nidoran with Double Kick did some serious damage. My team does have a massive fighting weakness atm.
Union Cave was fairly tough. Only Totodile's Water Gun and Togepi's Extrasensory(love that move) actually damged most of the pokemon there. Ignored a Sandshrew, since I already have Joe.
Made Team Rocket blast off again. Ignored a Slowbro, since I've got Totodile.
About to take on the Azalea gym. All my pokes are lvl 13 compared to Scyther's 17. Looks like joe has some work to do here...

EDIT:
-Went to train in ilex forest, but my rival showed up with a lvl 18 bayleef. Sadly we have our first death of the game here: S.E.A.R the Sentret was on the worse end of a Razor Leaf. RIP S.E.A.R lvl 3-13
-Scout deserves a medal though. Without him i would've lost for as he took repeated Razor Leafs he was able to deplete Synthesis' PP and make all Bayleef's moves in accurate with Sand Attack.
-Caught and Oddish once I healed at the pokecenter. Named him N.E.O, another acronym in respect for S.E.A.R.
-After a bit of training its clear that SEAR wasn't very good. Despite his heroics, Scout as well. Both onlly had 17 atk(compared to almost 30 with others), bad defences unlike Lestrade the togepi and compunded weaknesses.

-I do have a newfound respect for Oddish, several pokemon actually because of this Nuzlocke run. It's certainly healthy for me as a pokemon a fan.

-Indeed joe did do a lot in the Azalea gym. scyther's U-turn was brutal taking 60% off joe of all pokemon. Metapod and Kakuna were a joke, but joe managed to get in a Rock Throw and OHKO Scyhter.

-Hertz the totodile learnt Headbutt and I have spent about 3 hrs getting a good Heracross. I managed to get a Lax one with Guts. Worth it though. Most of the team is ~lvl15 but Heracross already has similar stats (bar HP) at lvl 9. I know he's fully evolved, but that's awesome.

-Heading on to Goldenrod city. The brutal earlygame of HGSS is almost over, and we begin to enter mid-Johto, holding and easier time, a wider variety of pokemon and the Pokeathlon. Lovely.

EDIT:

-Renamed joe to Cho because I realised he's female.

-Headed into the Goldenrod gym. Yet again Cho was absolutely essential to the battle.
-Unfortunately, Scout the Pidgey fell to a critical hit Stomp. Still, his Sand Attacks really helped Geodude get some Defense Curls in.

-Made my way to Ecruteak, encountering various pokemon I didn't particularly like, like Stantler. Neo evolved into Gloom along the way. It was at this point I realised he be a waste of a Leaf/Sun stone.

-Caught a Magmar in the Burned Tower and named him Sulad. Magmar's Japanese name is Booburn, and he reminds me of the blue-footed booby somehow. So I used its Latin name.
-Also get an Exeggute through Headbutt to replace Neo the Gloom. I named him Poncho, since it sounds a bit like poached. Because they're eggs... and you... poach them...

-Beat the Ecruteak gym thanks mostly to Lestrade and his Extrasensory. Oddly, Exeggute managed to beat one of Morty's Haunters with just Leech Seed and Bullet Seed and a ton of Awakenings. Taught Hertz the Croconaw Surf.

And it's at this point I found myself with a potential team of Feraligatr, Exeggutor, Magmortar, Togekiss, Heracross and Golem. I've wanted to use all of these pokemon for some time, I don't want to lose that potential experience of raising them to a cheap crit. So, I'm abandoning my Nuzlocke and continuing the game as normal from where I am now. Maybe I'll revisit HG again in future to really follow through on my Nuzlocke, but now there are still pokemon i really want to use.

Last edited:

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
I don't want to do my Pokemon Scramble.Tomorrow I'm changing my siggy.

SOULSILVER NUZLOCKE RULES

-The regular
-Must nickname
-Nothing restricts me from getting a Scyther in the BugThingContestWhatever
-Prof. Oak has a gold coat!Run!(Nah, not a rule...lol)
-Two Revives bought for every Gym I win on(8 gyms, 16 Revives along with Revives found in the wild)
-If a duplicate of existing, non-dead Pokemon in my battalion is found as the first of a route, it shall not be a legal 'first Pokemon on route' and so on. The standard Duplicate Clause.
-Pokemon have a limit of time to be Revived.Ten mins. tops.If I have to search and go over time limit, too bad.
-At start, Route Clause for catching does not apply until I get Pokeballs.

I am a girl and named mahself Espy.I'm using the default name for my rival later on.

Talked to Prof. Oak in tutorial, hated on Prof. Elm and my 'Mom' , and got Endivie the Chikorita(Endivie is it's German name).....
Got the task of going to Mr. Pokemon and went onto the first route.Mentally barfed as teh Old Man came on...I'm ending it there.Off screen I will be doing everything until battling Silver and then edit my post.Goodbye!

Team-
Endivie the male Chikorita --- Male --- Overgrow

EDIT

I got a Hoothoot, a Gastly, and a Mareep...also beating Falkner.Let's see how!
I started to battle Falkner, leading with my Hoothoot, Ace of Hearts.(The 'Hearts' was a symbol)I used Hypnosis on the frikkin Pidgey, then Pecking it to death.Sent out Cursed Diamond(Symbol) my Gastly in hope I could live, using a potion on Ace. Then Cursed Diamond died. Darn...
Ace Hypnosised it, then started to Peck. After a while, Ace got killed.
...Then I sent out Endivie. He used Poison Powder, Poisoning it and then starting a stall war.Falkner already used his Potion/Super Potion, so I stalled the poison out with Potions. Thank god I won. He gave me the badge and Roost, then I got the stupid Togepi egg and started off to the next town after 'Reviving'(AKA da Pokemon Center) my Pokemon.It went according to my rules, and I used up Violet Town's 'Revives'.

Espy
Death Count-0
Badges-1

;152;
Endivie the Chikorita - Lv. 12 - Male
Overgrow - Adamant Nature - Impetuous and silly
Synthesis - Tackle - Razor Leaf - Poison Powder
;163;
Ace of Hearts the Hoothoot - Lv. 11 - Female
Insomnia - Jolly Nature - Somewhat stubborn
Tackle - Roost - Peck - Hypnosis
;179;
Sparky the Mareep - Lv. 6 - Male
Static - Careful Nature - Very finicky
Tackle - Growl
;092;
Cursed Diamond the Gastly - Lv. 8 - Female
Levitate - Bashful Nature - Mischievous
Hypnosis - Lick - Spite - Mean Look

Last edited:

thomith

I am starting a pokemon diamond Nuzlocke with the following rules :

- If a pokemon faints, it's dead.
- I can only catch the first pokemon i find in the route, unless i already have a dex entery on that pokemon.
- If i find a shiny on a route i already caught my pokemon on i can catch it but have to swap it out for the pokemon i actually got on that route.
- Must nickname all pokemon after a food item.

- chose my starter according to my trainer ID and ended up with a chimchar named "jam+toast" which i trained to level 7 in route 201.
- Did all the tutorial stuff and caught a bidoof named "simosa" as my route 201 pokemon and a shinx named "burgers" as my route 202 pokemon.
- got to jublife city and went straight to route 204 and caught a starly named "Chicken"
- Went to the trainer school and gave the map to my rival, then battled the two school kids... I was switch training chicken and burgers and burgers was hit with a crit and died. RIP Burgers
403.gif

- I received my poketch and am going to fight the trainers on route 204 and then face my rival.
-chicken reached lv 9 jam+toast reach lv 10. chicken almost died to a crit to the youngsters starly.
-chicken learnt wing attack
-received quick claw from lady in jublife city.
-defeated rival easily and then proceeded to find four starly in a row and a shinx, as i already have dex entries on both i had to ignore them and found an abra, however it knocked itself out with struggle... *sigh* i guess my luck isn't going to be good this nuzlocke.
-Annoyed i go back to the ravaged pass and caught my pokemon there - a Zubat named Potato, i probably won't use it but it felt good after basically losing 2 pokemon.
-i trained up chicken to lv. 10 and jam+toast to lv. 11
- i beat all the trainers on the route and trained jam+toast to lv. 13 and chicken to lv. 12
- i decided to go back and get a old rod and caught a magikarp, named it "salmon" and boxed it for backup. (Note: i am counting the grass and water of this area as seperate areas, as they both become available at seperate times of the game.)
- i headed to orburgh gate, got HM06 i found a zubat but as i already have one i ignored it and then encountered a geodude and named it truffles, not what i really wanted but i caught it anyway and i guess i will use it as it is a solid rock type.
- I decide to grind up truffles to lv. 11 and learned rock throw
- got through the cave easily and went to route 207 and caught myself a machop which i named sushi
-Leveled jam+toast to lv. 14 and it evolved into monferno

391.gif
~ jam+toast lv. 14 @ Quick Claw
396.gif
~ Chicken lv. 12
399.gif
~ Simosa lv.3
066.gif
~ Sushi lv. 6
041.gif
~ Potato lv. 6
074.gif
~ Truffles lv. 11

129.gif
~ Salmon lv. 9

403.gif
~ Burgers lv. 3-7

- I go to the orburgh mine, i am going to catch the pokemon i encounter here, however i probably will box it for backup as i already have a rock type. I encounter a geodude which i ignore as i already have one, then find a zubat and also ignore it, so i decide to just ignore trying to get a pokemon here unless i find one i dont already have.
- I fight the workers, chicken almost dies AGAIN to one of the workers machop, sushi nearly dies to a wild geodude, and i find the escape rope at the end of the cave after talking to roark and getting him back to the gym.
- a side note, i am hoping to find an electric and grass type pokemon soon, heck i would even use a pacharisu if it came to it right now :z, i just need something for flying types and grass types.
-i grind sushi up to lv. 13 and it learnt karate chop and foresight (idk why i taught it that)
Jam+toast to lv. 15, Chicken to lv. 14, it learned double team and evolved into staravia
truffles to lv. 13 and i now am going to take on the gym.
- after challenging the gym trainers sushi grew to lv. 14
- Roark was very easy with sushi's karate chop and jam+toasts mach punch

391.gif
~ jam+toast lv. 15 @ Quick Claw
397.png
~ Chicken lv. 12
399.gif
~ Simosa lv.3
066.gif
~ Sushi lv. 14
041.gif
~ Potato lv. 6
074.gif
~ Truffles lv. 13

129.gif
~ Salmon lv. 9

403.gif
~ Burgers lv. 3-7

Last edited:

JJB1003

Youtube Master

ShyEspeon

I started my Heart gold nuzlocke on Nov. 3. I will update here.
I'm only following the basic rules.

So:
day 1 I received Cyndaquil "Bunsen" from prof. Elm and went to Mr. Pokemon's house. I delivered the egg to prof elm. I captured a pidgey (Dinner) when i was on route 29. (My nuzlocke didn't start until i got pokeballs).

Day 2 On route 30 i captured a metapod. I named him "Flutter" I wasn't sure if i would use metapod so i boxed him. On route 31 I caught a caterpie "Catty" (I was in a hurry to capture a mareep while it was still daytime. I finally made it to route 32 and captured a mareep, who i named "serta". It was now night time and i wanted to (hopefully) encounter a ghastly in sprout tower. And! my first encounter was a ghastly!! (yay) buuuut then Serta killed it :(

Day 3 I had a big day planned. I defeated the sages in the sprout tower with Bunsen. After fighting the Elder in the tower, Bunsen evolved into Quilava. Since it was the next day, I went back to the previous routes and collected apricorns. I trained Serta and Dinner some more. After training, I went inside Falkner's gym with Serta in the lead. Falkner was a cake walk with Serta. I received my first badge! I picked up the mysterious egg. On the way to union cave, Serta evolved into Flaffy. I then captured a sandshrew (f), named Sandy. I went back to route 30 and trained Sandy up to level 12. I Defeated team rocket in the pokemon well. After that i entered Bugsy's gym. Everything went smooth until Bugsy led with his scyther. I had Bunsen out and decided to smokescreen it a bunch. scyther wasn't missing any hits and Bunsen was close to dying so i switched out o Dinner in hopes that Scyther would miss. Dinner got scyther low with gust. But then scyther killed Dinner! Upset i switched out to Serta to finish the job. Scyther went down and her kakuna and metapod were easy. I boxed Dinner. and fought my Rival. It wasn't too challenging. No casualties. In Ilex forest i captured a Paras "Shrooms".

My Team:

Quilava "Bunsen" - lv 18

Flaffy "Serta"- lv 18

Paras "Shrooms"- lv 6

Sandshrew "Sandy"- lv 17.

Boxed:

Metapod "Flutter"

Caterpie "Catty"

Deaths:

Pidgey "Dinner" - lv 3 - lv 17

This is what i have so far! ^.^

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So, i haven't played my HG Nuzlocke in months because i have gotten bored of Johto. Also, didn't play because no one posted here for almost all of september.

It also seems i didn't post anything from between entering Sprout Tower and Azelea Town. Only thing i can post is no one died between the two places.

yesterday i started up again and Caught a Hoppip named Fluff in Route 33. Then after healing, i proceeded to level everyone up to level 13. while Heading to Slowpoke well, My togepi ended up hatching right outside the entrance,I named it Gepi. After swapping Gepi with Jerry the Rattata, i had to head back to training as Jerry was only level 5. Trained jerry all the way through Union Cave as i went back to get the old Rod. Back over in Azelea, i finally headed into Slowpoke well to fight the Rockets. Used the old rod hoping for a Goldeen but got a magikarp named dos. Bugsy Then Dealt with Team Rocket quite easily, while Jerry dealt with the wild Zubat to level up. With Rocket Gone, i went back to the Well to train everyone up to level 15 before the gym.

Not sure what to do with Dos since i know the Red Gyarados comes later in the game.

Team
;155; Quill - lvl 13
;012; Bugsy - lvl 14
;163; - Snowy lvl 13 (Shiny)
;179; - Lambchop lvl 14
;074; - Mudball lvl 13
;019; - Jerry lvl 10

Last edited:

ShyEspeon

Been a few days since i last posted.

After i caught Shrooms, i started training her. She got to level 15 when i stopped training. When i got to GoldenRod city i healed up and went back down to route 34 and caught myself a drowzee, who i named "Smack Dat" (the animation looks like its smacking something).

In preparation for Whitney's gym i battled the trainers on route 34 and the underground. Levelling up Smack Dat. My plan was to go in and lead with Sandy and then switch to Smack Dat to put miltank to sleep. After the underground I healed up again and went to route 35/36 and fought the other trainers there. On route 35 I captured a Nidoran(f). The pokemon i ran into on route 36 was just a male nidoran, so i killed it with Smack Dat.

I healed up once again and challenged the trainers inside Whitney's gym. I challenged Whitney and things went smoothly for sandy. Clefairy went down easily. (I taught Sandy rock smash :/). Miltank was a whole other story!

I switched to Smack Dat as planned but my hypnosis missed first turn, miltank used attract and my next hypnosis wouldn't work due to the attraction. I switched into star and used her as a sacrifice. I then sent out Serta to use thunder wave on milktank. I was so mad when i saw miltank use a lum berry! I used thunderwave again. Serta was at 1/4 HP so i made the choice to sac Shrooms. After Shrroms bunsen got a piece of the action. Bunsen used smokescreen 4 times before getting too hurt to fight. I thought maybe if i used Smack Dat and used confusion enough times, miltank will get confused! i had 0 confuse hax! This was looking like it would be game over for me.. Miltank rarely missed or had paralyze hax. Serta goes back in and uses growl (while attracted) 5 times. Then finally.. sandy defeats miltank after many turns of rock smash, milk drink, super potions.. it finally happens. Most stressful gym battle of my life.

Its hard to keep pokemon alive.. Halfway through the fight i realized I forgot to buy potions >.<"

After whitney i think i'm just going to grind a few more levels.
What is your opinion on using the pokewalker? I'm getting more hours at work and can't grind so much.. I just want to use it for the exp.

My Team:
;156; Bunsen. lv. 20
;180; Serta lv. 20
;096; Smack Dat lv. 21
;027; Sandy lv. 20

Deaths:
;016; Dinner lv. 3-17
;029; Star lv. 12-12
;046; Shrooms lv. 5-15

thomith

Been a Long time since i posted but here is part 3

- After getting stealth rock and my first gym badge i go back to jublife city and take down the galactic grunts after bumping into my rival who can't count from 10 to 0.
- Truffles grew to lv. 14 during the galactic fight, and rowan gives me the whole evolution spiel
- I teach rock smash to Simosa and get Rock Tomb and then leave the cave.
- On the upper part of route 204 i battle all the trainers and i wish i could catch a pokemon here but unfortunately i cant as i have already caught a route 204 pokemon and the pokemon have not changed.
- I reach floroma town, heal up then head to the valley windworks and catch my pokemon there which is a pachirisu, i catch it and name it turkey (dont ask but squirrels remind me of turkey) i kind of wanted one but i still lack a water type unless you count that magikarp which i am now contemplating using.
- I withdraw Turkey from the PC and box Potato
- while training up turkey i realise how big of an annoyance this thing will be to train and use, i guess i will keep it for now, but if i find a better electric type (or something that can learn an electric type move) i definately will be replacing it.
- i decide i will just swap train this pachirisu and manage to level up truffles to lv. 15 and learn magnitude.
- i get the honey for beating the grunts in the meadow and then decide to slather the honey on the tree there, hopefully i remember to go back for it.
- in the windworks Turkey grew to lv. 9 and learned charm
- I decide to try grinding turkey again after taking down all the grunts
- I leveled Turkey up to lv. 13 and it learned spark and i am now going to continue with the story as grinding a pachirisu is boring.
- i 1 shot mars' zubat with Turkeys spark and i fairly easily take down the purugly with Jam+toast

391.gif
~ jam+toast lv. 15 @ Quick Claw
397.png
~ Chicken lv. 14
399.gif
~ Simosa lv.3
066.gif
~ Sushi lv. 14
074.gif
~ Truffles lv. 15
417.png
~ Turkey lv. 13

129.gif
~ Salmon lv. 9
041.gif
~ Potato lv. 6

403.gif
~ Burgers lv. 3-7

ShyEspeon

After Whitney's gym i began grinding everyone up to level 22. I decided to try out the bug catching contest just to see what i could get. I was thinking probably just a caterpie or something. I got super lucky! My first encounter was a scyther. Serta used thunder wave to paralyze it. I threw 3 sport balls at it and caught it! I won first place too. I named my Scyther (f) "Punisher".

I then went to goldenrod to get the squirt bottle then up to sudowoodo. I had to defeat it since i already caught a pokemon on that route. Began to fight trainers on route 37. My first encounter was a lv. 15 Pidgey (f) who I named "Pigeon". I was stuck between choosing Punisher, Zuzu (a zubat i caught awhile ago), or Pigeon as my 5th member.. I never used zubat or scyther before buuuut i really wanted a pidgey. I thought about this for a few days and i decided on keeping Punisher.

I made it to Ecruteak and fought my rival in the burned tower. I lead with Punisher and defeated the other trainers. After i ran into suicune and all that i healed up and went to the gym. I fought the trainers in the gym. Punisher grew up to level 23. I trained on route 37 to get everyone up to level 25. However, while training Smack Dat, a wild stantler crit stomped him and he passed away. :( I'll be fighting Morty soon. Punisher is level 25 with u-turn, pursuit, false swipe and wing attack. Its ability is technician so i think pursuit will be very helpful in this fight.

My team:

;156; Bunsen- lv 25
;180; Serta- lv 25
;028; Sandy- lv 25
;123; Punisher- lv 25

Deceased:

;016; Dinner lv 3-17
;029; Star lv 12-12
;046; Shrooms lv 5-15
;096; Smack Dat lv 12-23

Last edited:

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I going to do a nuzlock challenge on pokemon platinum. I can only heal with items. I can only use step into the pokemon centre for box reasons. I can only release or withdraw pokemon and not deposit. I will keep you posted will start tomorrow.
However apart from that large challenging restriction everything else goes.
Catch first non duplicate poke en route
Can catch legendaries
Can grind 5 levels per route
One pokemon per location including legendaries and event pokes
Um can't think of anything else. I will keep you posted. If this thread is still active

Last edited:

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Well rose z headed off the 21/11/12 with a smiley face and started to head out from his bedroom and an annoying R2D2 got in the way. And after much talking to people I will never talk to again I ended up facing him in battle. My trusted J.Legend (turtwig) destroyed his chimchar with health to spare. After much running about and talking which he dislikes I ended up walking to the lake to search for a rare lake pokemon. That would make the game much quicker! A powerful pokemon straight away sweet! But who is this? A wierd block in the way? Go away! I want this lake pokemon already but the R2D2 guy didn't bring any poke accent balls the idiot!

After much more traversing and talking I am ready to start my conquest of sinnoh without using a pokemon centre. It may be challenging but here I go. I travel to route 201 and get myself a wicked starley which is now known as common ( all members or associated with kanye west) , I chose common because, well, he is common. So common and legend and I travelled to route 202 where I ran into a bidoof I weakened it and threw a pokeball and the thing escaped, how? I was I red but I destroyed the damn thing as revenge.

After a lot of switching and such I levelled up both pokemon and my two are starting to take shape although they are running out of pp the new moves they have learnt out ways the negatives. I then run into a new city jubilife city. And who is this? The girl again and she says I need more pokemon? How dare she my pokemon are more powerful then hers anyway I challenge you!..... Maybe not.
I go into the trainer school and wipe the floor with those trainers with ease.

After getting this pokemon watch thing from annoying clowns with questions even a two year old could answer I go to route 218 and get a jolly magikarp called really doe. He is really a doh moment. All he knows is splash? But I thought anything that bad must have hidden potential......

Now to route 204 I going to get myself a shinx! And I found one but darn a critical hit... I destroyed it, no electricity pokemon for me :( but hey after beating the trainers and levelling up I went into this random cave and found a bat. That's right a bat. Didn't want it so it felt my awesome common's quick attack.

Now route 203 going to get myself another pokemon for my party! I found another bidoof I'm not going to mess up this time and.... Darn. Another critical hit. My two killing machines and really doe are brilliant at one thing but rubbish at catching pokemon. And after a bit more levelling up I save my game. My pokemon and rose z are very tired

My current team

Really doe the magikarp
Level 6
Moves
Splash

Common the starly
Level 10
Moves
Tackle
Growl
Quick attack
Wing attack

J.Legend the turtwig
Level 10
Moves
Tackle
Withdraw
Absorb

Last edited:

ShyEspeon

I'm taking a break from my heartgold nuzlocke (i might start over).. i lost too many pokemon and i can't stand grinding 3 pokemon up 20 levels each.

So i started on Sinnoh (diamond). When i was in grade 9, i remember sneaking out of school at lunch to go and buy this game the day after it came out. This game introduced me to my high school friends (who i haven't talked to in awhile). So here goes:

Basic rules. Only addition is that my nuzlocke does not start until i get pokeballs.

I walk over to Barry's house and he bumps into me. He says he needs to go upstairs for a sec, i meet up with him and then we set off to lake verity. We want to see the red gyarados! Professor Rowan and Lucas leave but forgot their bag. Barry suggests we just take it and return it. While doing so, starly come out and attack us. I mashed my buttons and closed my eyes.

I released a female piplup from the pokeball and pound that starly into the ground. Barry chose the turtwig.

We decide to leave the lake and meet up with professor Rowan. I explain to mom what happened and i set off later to return the pokemon. I run into Barry in sandgem and he says professor rowan isn't so bad. Rowan tells me i can keep that piplup and asks me if i want to name it. I say "yes" and name her "Strudle" (i'm naming my pokemon after foods/drinks i've had that day).

I go home to tell mom all about it. On my way to route 202 i see Lucas, he shows me how to catch pokemon and then gives me pokeballs. I ran back to route 201 and captured a lv 3 female Starly and named her "Cola". After catching Cola, i go back to lake verity and capture a bidoof, who i named "Slave" (I don't plan on using bidoofs *gags*).

All i got so far :)

EDIT:
I catch a kircketot "Chips" lv. 4 male on route 202 and make it to Jubilife. I get my coupons from the clowns and give Barry his Parcel. I then Grinded everyone to level 9. I battle Barry on route 203. Captured an extra Starly "Wings" on route 203. I'll be battling the trainers on Route 203.

My Team:
;393; Strudle lv 10
;396; Cola lv 10
;399; Slave lv 3
;401; Chips lv 9
;396; wings lv 4

Deaths:
none yet! ^.^

Last edited:

JJB1003

Youtube Master
So my Nuzlocke is coming along pretty nicely. I finally lost my first team member today, but that's being saved for episode 13.
So far, I have recorded 13 episodes, and uploaded 11, with the aim to upload a new one every 2/3 days.

So far (as of ep. 11) I have;

Dirk (Croconaw)
Erik (Pidgeotto)
Jethro (Butterfree)
Heath (Weepinbell)
Jiminy (Togepi)
Gordon (Sandslash)

I really suggest you watch my videos (and if you have a youtube account subscribe) because I really enjoy making them, and I want to share them with all of you as much as I can.
Here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRaxaO3JFwn04U5ItqktpMIGQPI8GCZfy&feature=plcp

Hope you enjoy them if you watch. Will keep updating the forum as well. Cheers :D

eltigras

Just started with my pearl nuzlocke and I am now at Oreburgh City.

My team at this moment

Mongo the piplup (lvl 13)
Odezo the Starly (lvl 12)
Sumo the geodude (lvl 7)
HM Slave the Bidoof (lvl 3)

Dead

Pharaoh the Shinx (lvl 7, died against my rivals stupid Starly)

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
So after leaving Pokémon for a while I decided to get back on it. Since I left because it wasn't exciting to play the games anymore, I decided that I might as well try to do it more interesting for me. So I decided to do a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Platinum.

My rules are:

1. Faint = Dead
2. Only catch the first pokemon in a route or cave. Avoid duplicates (for example, if I catcha Bidoof in Route 201, and the first Pokémon I see in route 202 is a bidoof I can escape and treat the next Pokemon that isn't a biddof as my first Pokemon).

I started my journey by picking Aden (Chimchar) as my starter. After a very close battle with my rival, I headed back home and then went ahead to Sandgem Town. After accepting the Pokedex from Prof. Rowan and getting a little tour around the town thanks to Dawn, I headed back to Twinleaf for the last time. After that it was finally time to get more Pokemon for my team. I headed back to Route 201 and caught Ace (Starly). Then I went ahead and caught Doofy (Bidoof) on Route 202. After meeting Looker, giving the parcel to my rival and obtaining the Poketch I decided to venture to route 204 and caught Clair (Shinx). After that I went on to the Ravaged Path and caught Edward (Zubat), who I boxed afterwards. I trained for a while and then went ahead to route 203, where my rival was waiting for another battle. I won, but the first fatality had happened. Doofy passed away...

After "burying" (putting in the PC) Doofy I went back to route 203, hoping to catch a good Pokemon to fill the hole Doofy left on the team. I was surprised when the first Pokemon I saw was an Abra. Praying to Arceus that it didn't break free from the Pokeball I managed to capture Trixie (Abra). After that I went ahead and entered Oreburgh Gate, where I caught Misty (Psyduck). I trained and caught Pony (Ponyta) and Rocky (Geodude) on Route 207 and Oreburgh Mine respectively. After training I headed to the gym, and beat Roark without any deaths.

Then I went back to Jubilife City, where I battled two Galactic Grunts alongside Dawn. After beating them I went north and reached Floroama. I was planning to go directly to route 205, but some girl stopped me and told me to help her father, who was trapped in Valley Windworks by Team Galactic. There I was about to catch a Pachirisu, but a crit from Clair made it faint. After beating the grunt guarding the door, and both of the grunts in Floroama Meadow, I started to train for the battle that was ahead. After leveling up my team, I decided to take on Mars. Her Purugly nearly finished my Aden, but Mach Punch saved us. After beating her, Team Galactic retreated from Valley Windworks. Then I finally headed towrds Route 205, and caught Shelly (Shellos) on the way. Then I reached the Eterna Forest, where I met my newest member Buddy (Budew).

;391; Aden (Male, level 19)
;397; Ace (Male, level 15)
;404; Clair (Female, level 16)
;064; Trixie (Female, level 16)
;054; Misty (Female, level 16)
;406; Buddy (Male, level 14)

;041; Edward (Male, level 3)
;077; Pony (Male, level 5)
;074; Rocky (Male, level 5)
;422; Shelly (Female, level 10)

;417; It got critted by Clair, I guess she didn't wanted to have another Electric female on the team .-.

;399; Doofy (Male, levels 2-7). Even if it was for a short time he was a bro ;_;

Next update: I'll get through the Eterna Forest, grind for a bit, probably catch some Pokemon, take on the Eterna gym and maybe defeat Team Galactic on Eterna.

Last edited:

eltigras

Just managed to defeat Saturn (or whoever is in Valley Windworks) I am now on my way to eterna forest. In between I managed to catch a Zubat (Dracula), Pachirisu (Scrat) and a Shellos (Mary). I am now waiting for the pokemon that comes from the honey tree at floaroma meadow.

Mongo the prinplup (lvl 18)
Odezo the Staravia (lvl 17)
Sumo the geodude (lvl 14)
HM Slave the Bidoof (lvl 3)
Dracula the zubat (lvl 18)
Mary the Shellos (lvl 11)

Box:

Scrat the pachirisu (lvl 10)

Dead

Pharaoh the Shinx (lvl 7, died against my rivals stupid Starly)