• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Nuzlocke Challenge Thread!

JJB1003

Youtube Master
So it really has been quite a while since I last updated everyone, but here goes:

> I beat Whitney, Morty, Chuck and Jasmine
> Lost two of my main members in Cianwood who had been with me from the start.
> Defeated Team Rocket
> Defeated Team Rocket AGAIN
> And once more for luck
> Headed off to the Lake of Rage
> Caught a huge shiny gyrados peoples. Yeah!
> Took on the 7th Gym and beat it easssssily
> Started to take on Team Rocket for a fourth time. Yawn!

I would tell you who each member of my team dying was... but that would stop you from watching my series on youtube! Aha!

So reread the rules of Serebii, and from now on the link to my channel will only be in my description rather than anywhere else. I hope you tune in!

Note: Heart Gold Nuzlocke is a weekly series airing on Thursdays.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started up this time with the whole Poketch clown thing. I then went upto route 204 and found Algea the Budew. Good news is she has a Poison Barb, bad news is her ability is Natural Cure. Headed into Ravaged Path next to level Algea up on psyducks. Caught a Psyduck for myself named Duckson. Once i got Duckson and Oaklynd to lvl 8 and everyone else to lvl 10, i headed out to face Blaine. Skipper took out Starly while Speedy took down Turtwig. (Stupid Turtwig used withdraw the whole fight) Anyway, after the fight i managed to run into and catch an abra named Scarecrow on route 203. Got Scarecrow up to level 8 off trainer battles before entering Oreburgh Gate. skipped all the trainers in the gate and went to heal in oreburgh. Caught a zubat named BloodBath and a ponyta named Rumbles, in Oreburgh Gate and route 207 respectively.
Replaced Duckson due to skipper being my water type at the moment, and Oaklynd as well. Training for Bloodbath and Rumbles came next. Then in Oreburgh Mine i ended up KO'ing a Geodude, so no pokemon for me there. After finding Roark i healed and saved.

Team

;393; Skipper lvl 12
;403; Speedy lvl 11
;406; Algea lvl 12
;077; Rumbles lvl 8
;041; BloodBath lvl 8
;063; ScareScrow lvl 10

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
I started a Nuzlocke challenge in Heart Gold today. I'm excited to get started! I will be updating in more technical terms here and in story mode in the link in my signature. Hope you can follow along :)

Current team:
Chikorita (Demeter) lvl 5

Dead:
None

Last edited:

Xionea

Half a centaur
A guy I know was talking about Nuzlocke challenges, and brought up an interesting one I've never heard of: A Chance Nuzlocke Challenge (Don't know the official name, so I'm calling it that). I became really excited so I decided to do it on my Diamond version.

The rules are simple:
1. All rules of a normal Nuzlocke challenge apply (faint = death, can only catch first Pokemon on the route, etc etc).
2. Shiny Pokemon are an exception and may be caught, but not used, unless it's the first Pokemon on the route.
3. Everything I do will be based on chance. Therefore, when a Pokemon is trying to learn a move, I need to roll a die to determine what move it will replace and flip a coin to determine if it replaces the move.
4. My starter is determined by luck of the role.
5. And finally, a rule I added just cause I can: when I fight the Elite Four, I will roll a die to determine which attack I will use on that turn, every turn. (I was originally going to do this the entire game, but decided against it since it would take an eternity).

So anyways, when I started, I chose a girl character, since she looks better, and named her Sora. My rival is nicknamed Soup. Yes, Soup. I did all of the beginning stuff, reached the suitcase containing the starters, and grabbed my die. Turtwig = 1 or 2, Chimchar = 3 or 4, and Piplup = 5 or 6. I really wanted Piplup, even Turtwig would have been fine, anything but Chimchar, but nope. I rolled a 3 and chose Chimchar. I forgot to nickname him cause I'm cruel like that. The first route wouldn't let me catch anything due to no Pokeballs, so I lost the first route. I finally got Pokeballs from Lucas, and I set off in the grass to find my first Pokemon. I really wanted Shinx, but a Starly appeared. I'm fine with that, too. So I caught him and named him Bird-Guy. Then I just trained for multiple levels and saved at Jubilife City.
390.png

Chimchar - LVL 10
Scratch/Leer/Ember/Taunt

396.png

Bird-Guy - LVL 8
Tackle/Growl/Quick Attack

None yet

None yet

I have yet to beat a Nuzlocke challenge, and now I'm doing an advanced version of one. What's wrong with me?

Xionea

Half a centaur
Well... My Chance Nuzlocke Challenge could go better so far.

What's the point of having a fire type without any fire moves? When my Chimchar finally evolved, I was excited. It was learning Mach Punch, and that would be really helpful against Roark. So I flipped my coin. I got heads! Yay! Then I rolled my dice, and it replaced my only fire type move, Ember... Later it tried to learn Flame Wheel, but I flipped tails, so Inferno will remain without a fire type move for quite awhile. I still beat Roark pretty easily. So I continued off into Valley Windworks where I fought Mars and her prematurely evolved Purugly. I almost lost Bird-Guy in that battle. I took a big hit from her previous pokemon and I wasn't sure if I should Pluck Purugly and eat its berry, or if Purugly was faster than me. I didn't risk it so I used Inferno's Mach Punch to win.
In Eterna Forest, I caught Bun-Bun and trained Squishy a little bit since I was healed at the end of every battle. In Eterna City, I went to the gym pretty fast since Bird-Guy had the advantage over that gym. (Inferno still had no fire moves, so he was pointless). Bird-Guy swept the gym and Gardenia's team.
Then I went into Team Galactic's building to train more. I accidentally clicked on Jupiter, so I went into that battle earlier than I wanted. I took out her first pokemon pretty easily. Then she sent out her 22 Skuntank. It kept lowering my defense, then attacking with Nightslash. A critical hit took out Bird-Guy in one hit, leaving my mouth hanging wide open. BIRD-GUY!!!!!! So I sent out Rosario, thinking I could keep myself alive with Mega Drain. Nope. Rosario was hit with Nightslash and knocked out as well. So I finished off Skuntank with Inferno's Mach Punch since it was in the red. After winning, I bid Bird-Guy and Rosario a sad farewell as I dropped them in the Dead box. I had so much hope that they would live on and help me.
I'm now currently saved at the beginning of the bicycle road with the Exp. Share on Squishy.

dpmfa391.png

Inferno - LVL 22
Scratch/Leer/Mach Punch/Taunt

dpffa422.png

Squishy - LVL 16
Mud-Slap/Mud Sport/Harden/Water Pulse

dpmfa427.png

Bun-Bun - LVL 12
Pound/Defense Curl/Foresight/Endure

dpffa307.png

Indie - LVL 12
Bide/Meditate/Confusion/Detect

dpffa041.png

Screeeeech - LVL 12
Leech Life/Supersonic/Astonish

dpmfa190.png

High-Five - LVL 6
Cut/Tail Whip/Sand-Attack/Rock Smash

dpmfa397.png

Bird-Guy - LVL 23
Endeavor/Pluck/Quick Attack/Wing Attack
Took a 1HKO critical hit Nightslash from Jupiter's Skuntank

dpmfa406.png

Rosario - LVL 19
Mega Drain/Growth/Water Sport/Stun Spore
1HKO'ed by a Nightslash attack from Jupiter's Skuntank

dpmfa403.png

Sparkles - LVL 7
Tackle/Leer

dpffa074.png

Geochick - LVL 7
Tackle/Defense Curl/Mud Sport/Rock Smash

7 tyranitars

I am thinking of doing a platinum Nuzlocke

Using these rules:

-A fainted pokemon is death.
-I can only catch the first pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
-No trading unless for evolving.
-No nicknames, seriously I hate them.
-Before every gym I have to add 1 pokemon. So for example I need 2 for gym one, 3 for gym 2, 4 for gym 3, etc..

Last edited:

MoonOwl

My Platinum Nuzlocke is doing pretty good so far.

I'm using a random name generator for nicknames
Erika the Luxio: Lv. 15
Funanya the Geodude: Lv. 14

Gwenda the Staravia: Lv. 14
Clemente the Prinplup: Lv. 16

Diederick the Budew: Lv. 3- 16 - Defeated by Mars' Purugly
Cilla the Bidoof: Lv. 3-14 - Wild Pachirisu

Viktoras the Psyduck: Lv. 4
Klara the Zubat: Lv. 5
Immanuel the Buizel: Lv. 11
Next: Eterna Forest

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

I am thinking of doing a platinum Nuzlocke

Using these rules:

-A fainted pokemon is death.
-I can only catch the first pokemon in an area, that isn't a duplicate.
-No trading unless for evolving.
-No nicknames, seriously I hate them.
-Before every gym I have to add 1 pokemon. So for example I need 2 for gym one, 3 for gym 2, 4 for gym 3, etc..

Well I have decided to start, going through all the intro stuff, called my rival Nuzlock. I decided to get Chimchar as my starter, since I think it would help me out the most in the first gyms. So I went more of that intro stuff, meeting up with the evil guy at the lake, getting my pokedex. A tour through the Sandgem village and getting my Pokéballs and running boots! woo. (got annoyed I had to get back to Twinleaf :C) So now I can finally start catching pokemons.. I decided to go back to Route 201 and the veritty lake. At Route 201 I got myself a Starly at level 2 and at lake verity I got myself a Bidoof at Level 2 aswell. I decided to box these 2. In Route 202 I got myself a Shinx at level 3 I decided to put that one in my team. I arrived at Jublife City. I gave Nuzlock his package.
I got m pokétch and I went to Route 204 to prepare better for my Rival fight, I also got myselg level 5 Beduw. It carried a poison barb! I challenged my rival, who I defeated quite easily. I catched a Zubat on Route 203. I defeated the other trainers and went into Oreburgh gate where I got a Psyduck, my Chimchar also evolved into a Monferno. I arrived at Oreburgh ity and found out I had to go to the mine. I looted the area before the entrance for some items. I caught an Onyx in Oreburgh Mine which was quite a hard one to catch.. the psyduck I got at oreburgh gate got killed by the onyx, oh well, rather have an Onyx then a psyduck anyway. I talked with the gym leader and went back to the City, healed my pokemon and went north to Route 207 were I captured a Machop. After I got a Machop I went back to the city and challanged the gym. I easily defeated him with mostly my Monferno.

;391; Monferno Level 16
-Mach Punch
-Fury Swipes
-Ember
-Taunt

;403; Shinx Level 13
-Tackle
-Leer
-Charge
-Spark

;396; Starly Level 2
;399; Bidoof Level 2
;406; Beduw Level 5
;041; Zubat Level 4
;095; Onyx Level 9
;066; Machop Level 5

;054; Psyduck Level 7 -> Level 7

Starter: ;390; Chimchar level 5
Twinleaf Town:
Route 201: ;396; Starly Level 2
Lake verity: ;399; Bidoof Level 2
Route 219:
Route 202: ;403; Shinx Level 3
Route 203: ;041; Zubat Level 4
Route 204: ;406; Beduw Level 5
Oreburgh gate: ;054; Psyduck Level 7
Oreburgh City:
Oreburgh Mine: ;095; Onyx Level 9
Route 207: ;066; Machop Level 5

Last edited:

weger13

HG nuzlocke

usual rules
only use the first Pokemon you encounter in area (different floors of caves count as different areas).
no recaptures (the first pokemon seen that has not been caught already counts as the first encounter)
All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
If a Pokemon faints you must release it.

My name is Draco, and today I was given a totodile who I named Malfoy, we began our journey to the excentric Mr. Pokemon's house north of Cherrygrove, hoping to avoid conflct on the way there. This was not possible of coarse... a few minor battles (2 rattata and 8 hoothoot) occured on route 29 between newbark and cherrygrove and Malfoy reach lvl 8. on route 30 I ran into a nice man who gave me and apricorn case, and battled yet more hoothoot before reaching Mr. Pokemon and Prof Oak. and getting a Pokedex as well as the egg. on my way back to the lab I defeated the passerby (soon to be named Harry) easily with my now lvl 9 Malfoy.

Team thus far:

;158; Malfoy (totodile) lvl 9

Xionea

Half a centaur
I'm calling mine a loss... Again.

A Self-Destruct from a flipping level 22 Geodude took out my level 30 Monferno. With that loss, my only semi-good Pokemon is Squishy, my level 30 Gastrodon. Since its speed is less than stellar, I decided to call it quits.

The chance part of the Nuzlocke challenge reeeeeaalllly was not helping. My Monferno wasn't learning any new moves since Mach Punch, so I had no fire type moves.

(I now hate Geodudes with a burning passion of a thousand Volcaronas)

Compass

Don't need roads.
I started one of these once, never finished it. Going by all normal Nuzlocke rules plus a rule from Bulbapedia I found to be interesting:
-Starter Pokémon is based off your Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.

I got incredibly lucky with a 0 at the end of mine making the rule kind of....not even exist. Welp. Time to add more rules:
-No master ball use, ever.
-No held items that heal (or remove a status).
-No legendaries.

So I'm starting out with these in SoulSilver:
;158; "Percival" Level 9 (that is literally just from beating things up till I got Pokeballs)
I accidentally knocked out the first thing I met. Not sure of the rules on that... second thing was this lil' guy:
;161; "Belfast" Level 3

Will update with more later!

weger13

Update time.

after getting my pokeballs I went to route 46 to catch a geodude to get an advantage in violet city's gym, but during the battle (which lucky enough was a geodude) malfoy got a crit to kill it on accident... on route 31 I ran into a spinarak who I captured and named Aragog and proceded to bellsprout tower to capture a gastly who I named myrtle and then made a failed attempt to catch a zubat in dark cave. I trained the three I did get in the tower against the monks and then out on route 31 before challenging Falkner and defeating him (after forever working on his pidgeoto due to roost) after Falkner was defeated I headed south and captured a Zubat on route 32 named Umbridge, which was used to defeat the trainers before union cave. inside the cave I captured an Onix named basilisk and on route 33 I captured a Rattata named scabbers.

team thus far then is....
;158; malfoy
;041; umbridge
;095; basilisk
;167; aragog
;092; myrtle
;019; scabbers

Compass

Don't need roads.
WELL THEN. Lost to the very first gym with bellsprout, totodile, and sentret.

I'm going to go hang my head and shame and try again some other time.

Crazed_Puppeteer

I've decided to jump into the fray with my very first TRUE Nuzlocke Challenge. I've been training on a mock version of Nuzlocke from my White 2 version (where I experimented with a three strikes program), and decided to start a Nuzlocke Challenge on my new HeartGold version that my sister gave to me as a hand-me-...up. I'm actually really excited for this, and decided to settle on some basic rules to start the Nuzlocke Challenge.

RULES:
1) Knocked out Pokemon shall be BOXED, not released (I'm still can't stand releasing pokemon).
2) Have to catch the first pokemon that I meet on each route.
3) Duplicates clause is in effect, only pertaining to pokemon that I have pokedex data on (so the Poke Ball will be my guide).
4) Replacements will be decided by a random number generator from Pokemon in the PC.
5) Challenge will end at Victory Road, will take on Elite Four/Battle Tower without Nuzlocke rules.
6) CLAUSES: Shiny clause in effect, No-legendary clause in effect, No Master Ball clause in effect, and Poke Ball Start clause in effect.

With the rules set, I start off on my journey. I name my character Adrien, and go through the introductory steps of the game. When I get to Prof. Elm's office, I ask my brother to choose a number between 1-3. 1 was Chikorita, 2 was Cyndaquil, and 3 was Totodile. My brother chooses 2, so I pick Cyndaquil to be my starter, and to my surprise, I get a girl! I've tried to start normal Pokemon campaigns where my starter was a girl, and I had to reset my game 10 times in that instance to get a female starter. This is certainly a sign of good luck. I decide to name her Quilma.

After going through the opening chores of the game (going to Mr. Pokemon's house, seeing the running guy of Cherrygrove City, saying hi to Prof. Oak, etc.) I officially head off on my journey. On Route 29, I encounter my first pokemon partner, a Pidgey. I capture it with ease, and am amazed to find that it is of Adamant nature. A female starter, the best possible first capture, beating my rival with absolute ease (I completely forgot his name...oh well), this run through couldn't have started any better.

I then realize that there are a quite a few different areas to explore before going up against Falkner, so I go on a tear, capturing every Pokemon that I could legally get. This includes...

Geodude - Route 46 - Grumpy
Metapod - Route 30 - Promethea
Caterpie - Route 31 - Silkea - While I had the Pokedex entry for Metapod, I didn't have it availble for Caterpie, so this qualified.
Zubat - Dark Cave - Zumos - Here, I ran into 5 Geodudes in a row before finding a Zubat. It was a rare instance that I was really happy to find a Zubat.
Bellsprout - Route 32 - Venus - I was quite sad to find a Bellsprout on the route and not in Sprout Tower. However, it isn't an inconvenience in the slightest.
Rattata - Sprout Tower - Pepperjack

With a stockpile of Pokemon in my box, my team had begun to flourish. I decided to implement to a 4-pokemon plan. This helps me focus training onto a few specific pokemon. With a plethora of training opportunites including Sprout Tower, running around the Ruins, and Wade the Bug Catcher/Berry finder, I go to the Violet City gym and defeat Faulkner with absolute ease. Grumpy solos the gym by himself, but he had some fantastic help waiting for him in the wings. After I leave the gym, I get a call from Prof. Elm. Apparently the Mystery Egg that I received for Prof. Elm in my boring opening chores section is my last present from home. Even though I knew that this was going to happen, I'm still excited none-the-less. After receiving the egg (and getting a creepy stare from a Kimono girl), I go to the Pokemon Center to type up my opening day.

Team:

Quilava (Quilma) - Female/Sassy - Lvl 14 - New Bark Town
- Tackle
- Leer
- Quick Attack
- Ember

Geodude (Grumpy) - Male/Naive - Lvl 12 - Route 46
- Rock Throw
- Defense Curl
- Rock Polish
- Rock Smash

Butterfree (Silkea) - Female/Naughty - Lvl 10 - Route 31
- Tackle
- Flash
- Harden
- Confusion

Pidgey (Pudge) - Male/Adamant - Lvl 9 - Route 29
- Tackle
- Sand-Attack
- Gust
- Roost

Boxed Pokemon-
Metapod (Promethea) - Female/Careful - Lvl 4 - Route 30
Zubat (Zumos) - Male/Mild - Lvl 2 - Dark Cave
Bellsprout (Venus) - Female/Gentle - Route 32
Rattata (Pepperjack) - Male/Modest - Sprout Tower

Dead Pokemon-

None...yet.

UPDATE: Chapter 2

Having defeated Faulkner in Violet City, I continue on my quest. It was actually a bit of a longer route than what I realized, but nothing that threatened any of my pokemon. I decided to make a few observations while on Route 31.

Observations
• Encountered a Ratatta that was holding a Chilean berry. I didn’t even know HG updated the game that way.
• One of the Fishermen had a Lvl 15 Magikarp. It took me by surprise that someone would have such a high level pokemon, until I realized that it was a Magikarp.
• With the four pokemon that I have now, I realize that Water pokemon are rather tough to deal with. Especially Goldeen with Peck, who has attacks that are super-effective for three of my four pokemon. Rock pokemon seem to give me some troubles as well. Hopefully I can balance the team without resorting to Venus to replace someone.

At the end of the route, there was a Pokemon Center that had some of the friendliest people in it. A Fisherman gave me an Old Rod, to which I ran back to Violet City and fished myself a Magikarp (nicknamed Queenie)! Another man gave me Lure Balls, which are like pokemon designed for fishing. I used one to catch Magikarp. A third guy told me that 30 pokemon could be stored in each box on the PC. Well...at least he was nice. I then make my way over to Union Cave, where I run into a ton of Geodudes and Zubats. I'm glad that I implemented the duplicate clause, otherwise I'm pretty sure half of my boxed pokemon would be zubats and geodudes. After going up against my fourth geodude, I realize that I forgot a rule that will save me from these pesky landmines in the future.

Rule #7 - Pokemon that faint from Selfdestruct or Explosion are given a second chance at life. I will attempt to run away from pokemon that I know has Selfdestruct or Explosion. If a pokemon is damaged by Selfdestruct/Explosion and faint from a different move, they are still considered dead.

After jogging my memory, I encounter my next partner in Union Cave, a Sandshrew. To continue my luck, this Sandshrew has a Quick Claw on it. I name it Violetta and let her keep the quick claw she has. After leaving Union Cave (nothing all that exciting), I try to find a new pokemon on route 33. Because I'm attempting this at night, there are nothing but Ratatta and Zubats. I then realize that the mystery egg that I was given is about to hatch! Out of the egg pops out...a Togepi! I decide to name it Tristan, and I count it as my Route 33 pokemon.

Reaching Azelea Town, I decide to make a few stops at the Woodcutter's House and at Kurt's House. Kurt runs out the door to confront Team Rocket about them lopping off Slowpoke tails (for 1,000,000 yen each...if they do succeed in selling any at that price, I think they deserve to keep every cent. Who would pay that much for what they advertise as food?), and I decide to follow him. Apparently, he fell down the Slowpoke well (wouldn't that cripple him?), and want me to go in and get Team Rocket. Now, I know that there are Slowpoke in here, but I don't see any. All I see are Zubats and Magikarps. I decide that I will head back here when I can surf. Team Rocket is not a threat to my party (including Proton, one of the silliest names that I can ever imagine. No wonder he joined Team Rocket), and Kurt magically gets better. Perhaps he had a Parlyz heal? Anyway, he takes me back to his house and gives me a few custom Pokeballs. He also offers to make me other pokeballs from Apricorns for free! Sweet, now I have a reason to trek back here now.

With that, the gym is now open. I expected this gym to be rather easy, since three of my four pokemon have moves that are super-effective towards Bug types (Quilma, Grumpy, and Pudge), and Silkea knows Sleep Powder and Confusion, so she can easily hold up her own. Most of the gym is a breeze, but Bugsy was tougher than what I planned for. With Quilma was a Lvl 17, Pudge at Lvl 16, and Grumpy at Lvl 15, I was expecting to roll over Bugsy, but he came out swinging with Scyther. I started the battle with Pudge, and Scyther started wtih a Focus Energy. When I saw how little Gust did to it, I quickly changed out to Quilma. Scyther unleashed a Quick Attack that took out about a third of Quilma's energy. If it were to land a critical hit, I could be done for. Thankfully, Ember was quite useful. Quilma was able to 2HKO Scyther with Ember, and then swept the cocoons with Ember as well. I'm able to exhale. It could've gone better, but my Pokemon performed exceptionally well.

After my duel with Bugsy, I talk to the Woodcutters, and apparently the apprentice has been in the forest looking for the Farfetch'd. After healing up, I decide to go into the forest...but before I enter, my rival (whom I remember now as Miles), shows up looking for a duel. This was a scary duel. It starts off with Pudge going up against Miles' Gastly. Very first move that happens in Mean Look. I'm thankful that Pudge knows both Gust and Roost, otherwise the battle would've never ended. Gastly is disposed of easily, and Miles brings out his biggest threat, Croconaw (Lvl 18). Remember when I said this team is rather weak against Water types? Well, it was rather evident here. I had to bring out Silkea against it, and as soon as I brought it out, I go down to a little bit over half health due to Bite. Ready to use a Super Potion, I use Sleep Powder. It works! Croconaw goes to sleep for a few turns while I use Confusion. It hardly hurts him, but I'm able to get off a few rounds before he wakes up. Croconaw decides to use Scary Face...for the rest of the match. Apparently, he thought that Silkea could be intimidated. He goes down, and I breathe a sigh of relief. This match could've ended my entire run had something happened to Silkea. Miles brings out Zubat, I take it out with Silkea (OHKO), and Miles says that he hates weak things and to get out of his sight...because we are weak...and squishy.

With that mini heart attack out of the way, I decide to heal up back at the Pokemon Center and then go into the forest. I help the apprentice find his Farfetch'd, and go on my merry way. I realize that every pokemon in the forest is a duplicate to what I have, so I teach Grumpy Headbutt and find a Hoothoot in the trees. I name him Insomnia and exit the forest to find...the Pokemon Day Care Center! Hooray! Hypothetically jumping up and down while Lyra (a friend from town) shows me around, I decide to leave Zumos and Violetta at the Day Care and go into Goldenrod City. There, I spend some time at the Game Center, get a decent amount of coins (300ish), and leave to find the Department Store and the Bike Shop. The owner gives me a bike to advertise to the world, and I remember that Professor Elm wanted to see Tristan. I grab the bike and decide to head back to New Bark Town, where I will continue my update after I get back to Goldenrod.

New Pokemon
Magikarp - Violet City - Queenie
Sandshrew - Union Cave - Violetta
Togepi - Route 33 - Tristan
Hoothoot - Ilex Forest - Imsomnia
Drowzee - Route 34 - Nightmare

Team:
Quilava (Quilma) - Female/Sassy - Lvl 19 - New Bark Town
- Cut
- Leer
- Quick Attack
- Ember

Geodude (Grumpy) - Male/Naive - Lvl 17 - Route 46
- Magnitue
- Headbutt
- Rock Polish
- Rock Smash

Butterfree (Silkea) - Female/Naughty - Lvl 15 - Route 31
- Sleep Powder
- U-Turn
- Poison Powder
- Confusion

Pideotto (Pudge) - Male/Adamant - Lvl 19 - Route 29
- Quick Attack
- Whirlwind
- Gust
- Roost

Boxed Pokemon-
Metapod (Promethea) - Female/Careful - Lvl 4 - Route 30
Zubat (Zumos) - Male/Mild - Lvl ?? - Dark Cave (PDC)
Bellsprout (Venus) - Female/Gentle - Route 32
Rattata (Pepperjack) - Male/Modest - Sprout Tower
Magikarp (Queenie) - Female/Lonely - Violet City
Sandshrew (Violetta) - Female/?? - Lvl ?? - Union Cave (PDC)
Togepi (Tristan) - Male/Gentle - Lvl 1 - Hatched Route 33
Hoothoot (Imsomnia) - Male/Calm - Lvl 8 - Ilex Forest
Drowzee (Nightmare) - Male/Careful - Lvl 10 - Route 34

Dead Pokemon-

None...yet.

Next Update will be soon!

Quick quesion - Can someone remind me about spoilers and pokemon thumbnail pics? I would love to add those so that these updates don't take up a whole page in the forums.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off at a loss this time, as i lost Rumbles while leveling up Bloodbath. After putting Oaklynd in Rumbles place i headed off to face Roark. Skipper swept the gym with no problem, but i accidently kept it from evolving after the battle. Taught Oaklynd Rock Smash and headed into the lower levels of Oreburgh Gate. Once i got out and back to Jubilife i got Skipper to evolve against the Galactic Grunts. Nothing Special happened then, until The Windworks. Here i caught a Pachirisu named Patches at level 11 . I then proceeded to train everyone upto level 15, or level 16 in Scarecrows case. with Speedy and Scarecrow evolved, i headed off to save the man in Floaroma Meadow. After saving him and getting some Honey i headed for the honey tree for a new pokemon.

I now wait in the Meadow for the Honey Tree.

Team

;394; Skipper lvl 17
;404; Speedy lvl 15
;406; Algea lvl 15
;417; Patches lvl 11
;041; BloodBath lvl 15
;064; Scarecrow lvl 16

Question, Whats the rule of resetting for a Female Combee if i end up getting Combee from the Honey Tree?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Quick quesion - Can someone remind me about spoilers and pokemon thumbnail pics? I would love to add those so that these updates don't take up a whole page in the forums.

The spoiler tags are [*SPOILER][/SPOILER], without the asterisk, of course. Is that what you meant? And to add thumbnail Pokemon pics, you click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom of your new post that you're adding and look at the right side of the message screen. There will be a 5x3 block of sprites. Click on "more" and you will see all of the sprites for all of the Pokemon.

Alternatively, you can put the Pokemon's National Dex number in between semicolons, like this ;*151; (without the asterisk), and you'll get your sprite. ;151;

Hi guys! I've started yet another Pearl nuzlocke.

~Rules~
1. Nickname all Pokemon
2. Box all fainted Pokemon
3. Catch the first encounter anywhere. (No second chances)
4.Dupes Clause and Shining Clause are in effect

I named myself Wozzy and named my rival Carson. I started out with a piplup who happened to be female. Later she was named Nikki. Got the Pokedex and pokeballs. Later caught Lauren the Starly, Eden the Bidoof, and Bad Boy the Shinx. I lost lauren to a wild Bidoof's Tackle :(. Later, when I got to Jubilife on the next route I caught Cary the Kricketot. In the cave I caught Corey the Geodude. Got the old rod went back to Twinleaf and caught Karpe Diem the Magikarp. Beat Carson, and caught an Abra named Jose.

Team:
Nikki f lvl.11 Moves: Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport

Eden f lvl.6 Moves: Tackle, Growl

Cary f lvl.8 Moves: Growl, Bide

Bad Boy m lvl.11 Moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge

Corey m lvl.8 Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport

Karpe Diem f lvl.5 Moves: Splash

Box: 1

Dead: 1

Last edited:

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I'm getting some Pokemon games from a friend HG and White. and I'm going to do a Nuzlocke on HG probably . Nicks will be based off characters from Magic the Gathering. and yeah. I'll start posting reslts when I get the games. Stater picks will be rolling a 20 sided dice. 1,5,9,13,17 being Chickorita. 2,6,10,15,18 being Cyndaquil, 3.7,11,16,19 being Totodile and 4,8,12,17,20 being a reroll. But other than that regular Nuzlocke and odds are any "dead" pokes will just be boxed.