• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Section mergers = new thread! Discuss what you're doing in the DPPt/HGSS games here.

If you have questions, please use the Help Thread sticky within this section. We also encourage that you put some effort into your posts, because one-liners like 'I beat the E4' are spammy and boring to read.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I just started playing SoulSilver again, picking up where I left off about 5 years ago.

Play time: 32:21
Badges: 7
PokéDex: 64

Team:
WEEPINBELL lvl 42
FERALIGATR lvl 42
FEAROW lvl 42
AMPHAROS lvl 42
VULPIX lvl 42
HYPNO lvl 42

Currently I am training outside of Blackthorn before I take on the 8th gym. I know I could take her out now but I prefer to be ridiculously overpowered before taking on the gyms. Last night I made it through the Ice Path. It was much more challenging than I remember it being in Gen II (was this even in that game?).

Kalosian

So long
Played Platinum a little this week, made another try at the Battle Factory. I lost in battle #18. Had a team of Magmortar, Staraptor and Meganium, lost to Tangrowth, Flygon and Miltank. Magmortar managed to beat Tangrowth rather easily while taking a bit of damage in the process, it then lost to Flygon because I gambled and had bad luck. Sent out Staraptor to beat it, but should have checked the natures first as the Flygon was Timid while my Staraptor was Adamant and as they have the same Base Speed as well as both having maxed EVs in Speed, Staraptor was slower. Flygon outran me and KO'd with Draco Meteor. Sent in Meganium, used Light Screen and then Wring Out which got a critical hit and KO'd. In comes Miltank. It uses Fire Punch as I go for Reflect, which was too late. Then it gets a Critical Hit with Dizzy Punch and Meganium faints, so I lose. Will make more tries in the future but probably not next week.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
On Platinum, after Riley handed me the Riolu egg, I went down a lift and found a Shiny Stone which I used to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss. I left Iron Island next and set off back to Canalave. I visited the PC, then I sashayed to the Canalave City Gym. I used the metal platforms and went around and thrashed all the Gym trainers and their Steel-types, then I spotted Byron and we battled. I fought against Byron's Magneton and crushed it with Infernape's Flamethrower, then I used my Golduck against Byron's Steelix. Golduck's Water Pulse was enough to win and Bryon sent out Bastiodon last. I slayed Bastiodon with Infernape's Close Combat and I received the Mine Badge and Flash Cannon TM from Gym Leader Byron.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played HeartGold for a while today. Last time, I went around Johto collecting Apricorns from trees, so I decided to continue doing that. I started on Route 44 and soon made it back to Goldenrod City. I didn't feel like looking for any more Apricorns at that point, so I went over to the Game Corner to play some Voltorb Flip. I did pretty well and managed to get to level 6 before I made an unlucky guess and flipped over a Voltorb. I played several more rounds after that, until I got my total number of coins back to 10,000.
Next time, I will probably go back to the Battle Frontier and do some things there.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
While I was trying to evolve my chinchou early in my soulsilver I found and caught a shiny vulpix. It was so awesome because it was the same route that I caught a shiny hoppip a couple of years ago. Also training and evolving is taking forever but I currently have 116 pokemon and 7 badges =)

Lorde

After leaving the Canalave City Gym, I gossiped with Barry outside. We visited the Canalave Library next and I met up with Professor Rowan and Lucas. Rowan explained stuff, then an earthquake freaked us out. We dashed outside and found out about the explosion at Lake Valor. After Rowan, Lucas, and Barry had all left to defend the Sinnoh lakes, I flew over to Pastoria City and pranced east towards Lake Valor. I arrived at Valor Lakefront quickly and saw that Lake Valor was a tragic mess now due to Team Galactic's bomb. I ran around the dried lake and fought against three Team Galactic grunts that were loitering around and who invoked my wrath, then I entered Valor Cavern and I met Commander Saturn inside.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played a few more levels of Voltorb Flip. I won a couple hundred more coins before deciding to quit the game.

After that, I left the Game Corner and flew back to the Battle Frontier. I went to the Battle Castle and continued the active streak I had there. I used some of my saved up Castle Points to buy hold items for my Pokemon and had to pay to restore their HP in between many of the battles. Still, I didn’t have that much trouble defeating my opponents. I soon won 14 more battles, bringing my streak to 42.

Once I hit 42 wins, I decided to continue and use my CP to skip battles. I had over 600 CP saved up at that point and didn’t mind spending it, so I skipped over five battles (meant to skip six, but I accidentally clicked “battle” on one of them). That brought me to battle #49, where I had to fight Darach again. I spent some more CP to lower his Pokemon’s levels by 5 to make things easier for me and then started the battle.

My Starmie went up against Darach’s Entei first and OHKOed it with Surf. Gallade came out next and I switched out to my Scizor. I used Swords Dance once, survived a Close Combat, then defeated Gallade with Bullet Punch. Finally, Darach sent in Empoleon, who killed my Scizor with Earthquake. I went over to my Garchomp and used my own Earthquake attack and defeated Empoleon.

So, I defeated Darach and earned my coloured print for the Battle Castle on my HeartGold! I saved my last battle on my Vs. Recorder and received some more BP.

Janovy

Banned
Started Platinum again. I defeated Gardenia, after which I checked out all the previously inaccessible spots now that I have Cut, picked up all the items, later infiltrated Team Galactic's HQ in Eterna and defeated Jupiter. Then I caught a Ponyta and proceeded to train it so it catches up with other two. Visited Old Chateau, battled and caught Rotom - put it away in a PC like a heartless bastard I am.

Just reached Hearthome and my team consists of:

- Prinplup/Emperor
- Staravia/Ares
- Ponyta/Arion

Oh, Cynthia's Togepi egg also hatched but I simply placed it in the PC as I don't have a need for it.

Last edited:

Lorde

So I fought Saturn at Lake Valor's cave and slayed his Golbat with Rotom's Thunderbolt, then his Bronzor with Infernape's Flamethrower. Finally I slayed Saturn's Toxicroak with Togekiss's Air Slash and set out to Lake Verity. I flew to Twinleaf Town and skipped towards Verity Lakefront. At Lake Verity, I gossiped with Prof. Rowan and thrashed many Team Galactic grunts and fought Mars next. I thrashed her Golbat with Golduck's Zen Headbutt, her Bronzor with Infernape's Flamethrower, and Purugly with Gallade's Drain Punch. Next Mars fled and I flew to Celestic Town and visited Route 211 and waltzed into Mt. Coronet. I pranced through the cave and arrived at Route 216 eventually and saved in the snow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Left the Battle Castle and walked right over to the Battle Arcade. I entered the single battle challenge, continuing my streak of 21 wins from some time ago. I was a little worried about the roulette before each battle as it'd been a while and I thought my timing would be off. Fortunately, I was able to stop the roulette on the square I was aiming for every single time. All the events I got from the roulette greatly benefited me and made the battles pretty easy. I quickly defeated seven trainers and got my streak to 28.

Janovy

Banned
Defeated Fantina. Visited Bebe, received my Eevee and then proceeded to train my team. Decided to evolve my Eevee so I returned to Eterna Forest, found the Moss Rock and leveled up Eevee thus evolving it into Leafeon. Trained my four Pokemon along the way as I reached Veilstone. Staravia/Ares dominated the Veilstone gym, however it was Ponyta/Arion who delivered a surprising critical blow to Maylene's Lucario through Flame Wheel.

Helped Dawn beat up some Galactic grunts and then proceeded south towards Pastoria.

Ares evolved into Staraptor on my way to Pastoria. Currently at the beach, taking a short break.

Current team:

- Prinplup/Emperor
- Staraptor/Ares
- Ponyta/Arion
- Leafeon/Waldgeist

Other two are Rock Smash Togepi and Cut Budew.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I decided to wait to catch raikou and entei because they are so difficult. Why did they have to give them roar and also fleaing while a sleep is really stupid. Now I'm going to go catch lugia instead.

Lorde

So resumed walking along Route 216 in the snow and I fought trainers. I explored the grass sections as well and caught a wild Snorunt, Sneasel, and Snover for my collection and next I visited the Snowbound Lodge and I healed my darlings. Afterwards, I resumed running through the snowy landscape and I marched north to Route 217 afterwards and trudged through a blizzard. I defeated several Skiers and got my hands on the Rock Climb HM, then I also got a Spell Tag in a strange house to the north. I passed the ice rock and caught a wild Swinub in the grass and I battled more trainers as I headed towards Acuity Lakefront. I soon spotted Barry, but I couldn't climb up to Lake Acuity yet, so I kept going east.

Janovy

Banned
A lot happened since last time soo, to recap:

- Reached Pastoria, fought and defeated Crasher Wake. Chased the Galactic grunt and defeated him.
- Visited Route 212 after being opened, battled trainers there and visited Mr. Backlot's Mansion.
- Taught my Emperor the HM Surf and checked out all the previously inaccessible water areas.
- Went to Canalave (beautiful city BTW), took a trip to the Iron Island and trained my team. I didn't take the Riolu egg.
- Challenged the Canalave gym - easiest one so far.
- Following the bomb explosion, visited the ruined Lake Valor and fought Galactic grunts and Saturn.
- Then went to Lake Verity to confront Mars and help Dawn.
- Since I acquired the HM Strength, I headed north through Mt. Coronet towards the snowy route of 216.
- Caught a female Snorunt and instantly evolved it into Froslass. Taught it Shadow Ball. Nickname: Yuki-Onna.
- Returned to previously visited spots and used VS Seeker in order to train Froslass a bit more.
- Returned to Snowpoint and challenged Candice - easy win, a somewhat tricky gym puzzle.
- Taught SMASHER (Geodude) Rock Climb, so now it knows Rock Smash, Strength and Rock Climb - reached Lake Acuity.
- Returned to Veilstone, ready to take on Team Galactic again.

Current team:

- Froslass/Yuki-Onna - Lv. 38
- Rapidash/Arion - Lv. 48
- Leafeon/Waldgeist - Lv. 45
- Staraptor/Ares - Lv. 45
- Empoleon/Emperor - Lv. 45
- Geodude/SMASHER - Lv. 11

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Today,I finally decided to catch Heatran in Stark Mountain in Pearl.After stocking up on Hyper Potions and Moomoo Milks,I flew to Resort Area and headed to the cave.Soon I reached Heatran's chamber and started the battle.My Shiny Floatzel hit it with Surf,which took half of its HP,but Heatran defeated it with Lava Plume.Eventually,I was down to just Gyarados,and Heatran kept breaking free from the Dusk Balls.However,I managed to catch it in the last Timer Ball I had.Afterwards,I left the chamber and used Escape Rope.I healed my team in Twinleaf Town and saved the game.

Lorde

So I finally sashayed into Snowpoint City and ran past the harbor and visited the Pokemon Center to heal my team inside. Afterwards, I stepped outside and explored the cold landscape. I shopped for Ultra Balls at the Poke Mart, then I visited homes and traded a Medicham for a Haunter and gossiped with a Move Tutor. Next I dashed through the snow and entered the Snowpoint City Gym. I slid around the icy layout and collided with several giant snowballs. I fought Gym trainers and then I fought Gym Leader Candice. I used Golduck's Surf to slay her Piloswine, Infernape's Flamethrower to defeat her Sneasel and Abomasnow, and his Shadow Claw to thrash Froslass. I won the Icicle Badge and Avalanche TM.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
SoulSilver

Play time: 40:31
Badges: 8
PokéDex: 67

Team:
WEEPINBELL lvl 48
TENTACRUEL lvl 24 (HM slave)
FEAROW lvl 47
AMPHAROS lvl 48
VULPIX lvl 47
HYPNO lvl 48

Currently I am making my way through rte 26 to take on Victory Road. Since my last update I defeated Clair, braved the dragons den and captured Lugia in the whirl islands.

Lorde

So after winning my seventh badge, I left the Snowpoint Gym and sashayed to the local PC. After healing my team inside, I left Snowpoint City and hurried west to Acuity Lakefront. I taught Rock Climb to my Gabite and scaled a wall, then I picked up the Reaper Cloth. I finally accessed Lake Acuity and spotted Barry with Commander Jupiter by the shore. Jupiter ranted to us about having taken Uxie, then she departed and I Surfed across the lake and picked up the Blizzard TM in the frosty tall grass section. I then flew to Veilstone City and pranced over to the Team Galactic HQ and Looker showed up to chat. I then dashed to the Galactic Warehouse and unlocked doors and picked up the Dusk Stone and Galactic Key.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did another round of seven battles at the Battle Arcade. The roulette was a little faster this time iirc, but I managed to stop it on the square I was aiming for most of the time. My timing was off a time or two, but fortunately I still landed on an event that worked in my favour. I even landed on a square that let me skip a battle once, which was pretty nice.
Aa for the battles I had, they were all pretty easy. Three or four of my opponents had Altaria as their lead Pokemon for some reason, which made things easy for me since my lead was my Starmie with Ice Beam. Anyway, I defeated seven more trainers and got some more BP.