• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In the space of the previous few days, I played Platinum and SoulSilver. In Platinum, I checked for Beldum and caught a Krabby from one of those Krabby swarms in Platinum. A Beldum swarm never appeared. In both games, I challenged the Battle Factory and the hax came in early. In Platinum, lost because a Will-O-Wisp missed against a Tyranitar and my team was in a bad position after. And in SoulSilver, I didn't end up getting a good team.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I played my main Platinum and did started doing something I'd never done on the game before: catching the Regirock/Regice/Reisteel trio. I managed to snag an event Regigigas before the Wi-Fi went down but didn't use it until now.

Anyway, I put my Regigigas and some of my other Pokemon in my party and then flew to the Resort Area. From there, I headed out to Route 228 and entered the Rock Peak Ruins. I battled Regirock in there and sent out my Ampharos against it. I used Thunder Wave on Regirock on the first turn and then got it down to red health using Signal Beam. Then, I caught it soon after.

Next time, I'll go catch one of the other Regis.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
More Platinum played and today, a Beldum swarm was announced, which was good news finally coming. I went to Route 228 and found Beldum, but there were a couple of failed attempts to capture it. But this time I got lucky, I caught a Beldum in a Dusk Ball and saved.

Was EV training my bayleef and ran into a shiny Ratatta =/ It has careful nature which isn't too bad. Not who I was anticipating but hey! Im not going to complain. After I train bayleef I going to do a hoothoot hunt and see if I can get one shiny. This is proving to be a lucky file so far!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Flew to Canalave City and got on the ship to Iron Island. Once there, I headed inside the cave and started looking around. Eventually, I made it to the Iron Ruins and went inside. I battled Registeel there and sent my Ampharos out against it and paralyzed it. Then, I weakened Registeel down using Ampharos's Power Gem several times. Once Registeel's HP was low, I started trying to catch it. It broke out of most of my remaining Dusk Balls and I thought it was going to end up Struggling itself to death, but fortunately I managed to catch it in the end.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The last time I played Platinum, I caught a wild Makuhita from a Makuhita swarm and took on the Battle Factory. I got to a 9 winning streak and the hax came in later this time. Not as bad this time but I'm hoping that I can do better.

Finally got my first shiny native to my Platinum version. Always wanted a shiny Staraptor so I thought I'd try to chain the very common Starly. Went to Lake Verity and set the Poketch chain counter, and before I knew it I was at a chain of 30. That's when I got a good "gut feeling". Continued to 40 and began resetting the Pokeradar. I got a shiny patch after only 10 resets! Sure enough, it was a male shiny Starly. Caught him in a quick ball and now I see why the Pokeradar is so effective. Looks great when I send my brown bird into battle :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Over a few days in Platinum, I got to a 7 winning streak in Singles Lv 100 in the Battle Factory. After that, I went to look for today's swarm and there were Electrikes but not bothered to catch one because I caught one already. Saved in the Pal Park for some random reason.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I flew over to the Pokemon League today and went inside just to buy some more Dusk Balls. Then, I flew to Celestic Town and headed over to Mt. Coronet. I wandered around the cave for a little bit until arriving inside the Iceberg Ruins. There, I saved and got into a battle against Regice. Like with the other two Regis, I used Ampharos against it and got its HP down to the red zone with a single Thunderbolt attack. After paralyzing it on the next turn, I started throwing Dusk Balls and caught Regice after using around 15 of them or so.

With Regice caught, I made my way out of the cave onto Route 216. I then flew over to Sunyshore, where I healed my team inside the Pokemon Center and then looked around for a while before saving.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played more Platinum and flew to Dawn's house to check what swarm appeared today. It was Beldum again. At Route 228, I randomly encountered Pokémon and caught a Hippowdon. Last Pokémon I faced was a wild Dugtrio and it had Arena Trap so I defeated her with Infernape's Grass Knot.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played my HeartGold for a little bit today. I started in Celadon City, where I visited the department store and purchased a few things. After that, I walked over to Saffron City and headed into the train station. I got on the train and quickly arrived in Goldenrod City. There, I went over to the Game Corner to play some Voltorb Flip. Didn't feel like playing too much, though, so I only cleared a couple of boards before leaving. Finally, I flew to the Safari Zone Gate to check out the Safari Zone. It had been a very long time since I'd been in the Safari Zone, so I just wanted to look around to see what areas and blocks I had up. I did that and encountered a few Pokemon before I decided to leave.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played a bit of SoulSilver today and I didn't do much in it. I encountered randomly in tall grass and mainly found Hoothoot. And funnily enough, today's password for Beuna's Password was HOOTHOOT. I got it right and my Blue Card now has 13 points since I didn't do much with Beuna's Password for a really long time. And I saved later, but I don't remember where.

EDIT: Today in Platinum, I flew to Snowpoint City to see the diamond dust because today (January 12) is Junichi Masuda's birthday.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a few more things on HeartGold today. First, I returned to the Pokeathlon building and decided to compete in the Speed Course. I chose Starmie as my first team member because its Speed Pokeathlon stat was pretty good. For my other two Pokemon, I went with Moltres since it didn't have any Pokethlon medals yet and Hoppip just for fun. Anyway, I placed first in all three events and won the course overall.

Next, I left the Pokeathlon and started exploring the surrounding areas. I visited some towns and obtained some Apricorns from trees. After that, I headed back to Kanto and ended up in Viridian City. There, I entered the Trainer House and went to the lower floor to fight Cal. I defeated him using my Typhlosion, Politoed, and Starmie and received one BP as a prize.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played more SoulSilver and I flew around in a couple of random places. I explored the Safari Zone, Routes 47 and 48 and I had another sneak peek in Mt Mortar and picked up a couple of items including a Nugget and a Protector. I flew to Celadon City and tried Voltorb Flip in the Game Corner and earned a couple of coins. And finally, saved in Celadon City.

Psychic

Really and truly
Woah, congrats LexSuicune, that's awesome!

I've decided to try and complete my Pokedex in SoulSilver! I was able to migrate a bunch of Pokemon over from Sapphire today (including most of my 'mons from my second playthrough of Colosseum), and I'm in the process of evolving them and such. My 'dex is currently at 414!

~Psychic

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I started my SoulSilver yesterday and flew around random places, listening to their GB Sounds themes for nostalgia. After, I did nothing much but I challenged Doubles Lv 100 in the Battle Factory and lost quickly because I picked the Pokémon in a rush and forgot the hints. After that, I saved my game in the Battle Factory,

Psychic

Really and truly
SoulSuilver Pokedex is at 429!

I'm considering restarting my copy of Platinum (pre-owned and played by a friend) so as to get the starters/legendaries/fossils I haven't registered in SoulSilver yet. I may wait until Friday before I restart the game so as to get Drifloon. I tried going in the Underground for the first time, and it was interesting - I had to look up how to navigate it and dig for stuff, and I got lots of sweet evolutionary stones, but have been unable to find a gen 4 fossil, which has been frustrating. Is there any way to increase my chances of finding one?

~Psychic

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played Pearl for a little bit today. I tried doing Multi battles at the Battle Tower again with my Togekiss and Gallade. Like last time, my partner was Mira, who had her Exeggutor and Latios with her. The two of us won the first battle pretty easily, but struggled against the second pair of trainers. Don’t remember too much about what happened (probably shouldn‘t have been playing Shuffle on my 3DS at the same time XD), but both of Mira’s Pokemon fainted and left me with my weakened Togekiss against a Slowbro. I came close to winning with my Gallade, but the opponent’s final Pokemon, Jynx, was faster and took Gallade down first. So I lost there and then just saved because I was too lazy to start a new streak.

Psychic

Really and truly
I caught a slew of Pokemon in Platinum that I needed for my SoulSilver Pokedex, and after much exploring of the Underground I managed to find two Skull Fossils (plus a ton of evolutionary stones, most of which I used up and so sent almost 20 evolved Pokemon to gen 5). I got Drifloon, and used a bunch of my shards in Platinum to teach some useful moves to my Pokemon (mostly elemental punches). I wish the move tutors in HG/SS didn't rely on BP. >_>

My Soulsilver dex is now at 441!

~Psychic