• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished clearing the Pastoria gym of trainers except for Crasher Wake, who I challenged next. I used Roselia and Pachirisu to defeat Wake's water types and got the Fen badge.
- I visited the pokemon center next and I swapped pokemon, then I saw a suspicious Team Galactic guy who escaped when I talked with him. As I pursued him, Barry showed up.
- I quickly defeated Barry's team and chased after the grunt all the way to Valor Lakefront, which is where I defeated him. I was then given the SecretPotion by Cynthia. ^^

LePetitMeow

In SoulSilver this week, I managed to make my way through the first three gyms and complete my base team for the game.

Today, I faced Whitney and lost (big surprise, as she's the ONLY gym leader to ever defeat me on the first try and she ALWAYS does), but I managed to get a victory over her after some grinding on Route 35.

I entered the Bug-Catching Contest in National Park shortly after. I caught a Lvl 14 Scyther, which landed me in first place with a Sun Stone as a prize (perfect, since I needed one for my Gloom to become a Bellossom)!

I'm currently in Burned Tower, ready to unleash the three beasts into the wilds of Johto! I'm hoping to do some more grinding on my team to level them up before facing Morty, and I hope to finish maxing out my Eevee's happiness in order to evolve it tonight into an Umbreon.

Current Team:

Eevee - Level 12
Quagsire - Level 20
Noctowl - Level 21
Quilava - Level 21
Flaaffy - Level 20
Bellossom - Level 21

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started on Route 216 and explored it as much as possible. I battled several trainers and healed my team in a house before continuing up to Route 217. There, I spoke with Maylene before I started making my way through the intense blizzard and deep snow. I found the Rock Climb HM, defeated more trainers, and saw the ice rock before eventually arriving at the Acuity Lakefront. My rival had arrived before me and was on top of the cliff leading to the lake, but since I couldn't use Rock Climb yet I had to head to Snowpoint City instead.

I looked around Snowpoint for a while and stocked up on some things at the mart. Then, I entered the Gym, where I focused on defeating all the trainers. Once I battled them all, I healed at the Pokemon Center and then went back to the Gym to do the snowball puzzle. I completed it easily and then battled Candice. I started the battle with my Empoleon and defeated Sneasel and Piloswine with Flash Cannon and Surf respectively. Then, I switched to Lopunny and spammed Fire Punch to take down Abomasnow and Froslass.

After defeating Candice, I taught Rock Climb to my Bibarel slave and climbed up to Lake Acuity. My rival and Jupiter were there, and I found out that my rival epically failed at defeating her. Jupiter said something about the Galactic HQ in Veilstone & then my rival talked and vowed to become stronger. After that, I flew back to Veilstone City and saved there.

Team:
;395; ;392; ;465; ;478; ;428; ;472;
Lv. 44-46

On my HeartGold, I got more Apricorn Balls on the weekend and went to catch more Pokemon in them. I caught some things like Swinub and Misdreavus. Then, I transferred all the Pokemon I caught to White 2 and then to Omega Ruby.

Vroomer

HG:
Thought I was leveled up enough for the elite four and Lance. Made it through the elite four. Each one seemed to KO one of my guys. No worries I had revives. But I hit a wall with Aerodactyl because my Gyarados was not high enough to go first. Was soooo ready for the dragons since my Shiny Gyarados has Ice Fang, but no water moves. So, I wiped- first wipe in the game. And went to level up my HM'd out Gyarados and a Hoppip.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I left Valor Lakefront and went to Pastoria again and went through Route 212 cuz I needed to visit Hearthome. I walked through mud and rain and visited the Trophy Garden. ^^
- I finished catching pokemon and swapped pokemon once I was in Hearthome. I left to Solaceon and picked up Luxio from the day care and used the SecretPotion on the Psyducks.
- Now that Route 210's north side was accessible, I went through some thick grass fields and defeated ninjas and some trainers in the foggy mountains as well and passed waterfalls.

LePetitMeow

Hit a roadblock today in SoulSilver after defeating Silver in Burned Tower and releasing the beasts. I thought my team was almost ready to face Morty's gym, but the lack of dark type moves in my team proved a challenge. Luckily, my trusty Quilava helped power through at Level 23 through most of the trainers until Morty. Morty ended up defeating me not once, but twice before I finally emerged victorious. However, it was barely by a thread, as Eevee's attacks were useless against Ghost types, so I relied on Haunter to use struggle after using up all of his ghost attacks fruitlessly on Eevee. I didn't manage to run around enough to max out happiness to evolve him into Umbreon as planned. Hopefully tonight will fix that roadblock.

Aquarelle

Staff member
In Veilstone, I went up the hill leading to the Galactic HQ building and talked to some grunt standing in front of it. He ran off, Looker arrived and said something about a Storage Key, and then Looker & I went to the Galactic warehouse place and unlocked the door there. Then, I spent some time exploring the warehouse. I defeated several grunts and eventually found the Galactic Key.

With they key, I went back to the main headquarters and unlocked the door in the lobby. I then began exploring the HQ and battling some more Galactic Grunts. Eventually, I met up with Looker again and we listened in on Cyrus giving a speech to a sea of blue blob haircuts. Some time after that, I reached Cyrus's room and had to battle him. I sent my Tangrowth out against his Sneasel as I was close to levelling up, and spammed AncientPower to win. Then, I finished off Crobat and Honchkrow using Ice Beams from Froslass and Empoleon respectively.

After defeating Cyrus, I received a Master Ball. Then, I took a warp panel to a creepy science-y hallway and followed it into the room where the three lake Pokemon were being kept. I spoke to Charon and Saturn and then fought Saturn. I still had Tangrowth in the lead and used its AncientPower to deal with Golbat. Then, I switched to Gliscor and KOed Bronzor with X-Scissor and Toxicroak with Earthquake.

With Saturn defeated, I released the lake Pokemon. Then, I found my way out of the HQ and saved. Next time, I'll head to Mt. Coronet.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished exploring Route 210's fog covered mountains and went directly to Celestic town and exchanged pokemon there. I visited a few homes as well and saw a Galactic grunt. ^^;
- I defeated the grunt and visited the ruins and gave Cynthia's grandma the Old Charm and I grabbed the Surf Hm next too ha ha. I left Celestic town when that was done and flew off.
- Back at Hearthome city I visited Fantina's gym cuz it was finally open and I began answering some math questions and defeating trainers who specialized in ghost pokemon too.

LePetitMeow

I went out to Route 38 in SoulSilver today to do some grinding for my team. Experience seems to be coming slowly, and there aren't enough trainers to raise my team wholly with decent levels. I decided to have each member of my team challenge 20 wild Pokemon on Route 38, and ended up having everyone on my team at Level 25 or above. It was worth the hour spent!

Made my way into Olivine, where I climbed the lighthouse after defeating Silver. Got Jasmine's request, headed out to Route 40/41 and challenged all the trainers along the way, giving Amhparos and Bellossom some decent experience (putting them both into Level 31).

Arrived in Cianwood City to challenge Chuck and get Jasmine's SecretPotion. Chuck proved tough, but fell to my wonderful Noctowl! Headed back to Olivine City, helped Jasmine out, and headed to face her in the gym! Quagsire's ground type moves helped knock out both Magnemite, and Quilava managed to take down Steelix.

Saved after my sixth gym victory. Will continue back to Ecruteak and on to Mahogany Town later tonight (also to finally evolve Eevee, as his happiness is finally maxed out!).

Aquarelle

Staff member
Started heading to Mt. Coronet. Along the way, I stopped at some marts in order to stock up on items. Also, I used my VS Seeker to do some trainer rematches, since I wanted to make sure my Infernape wouldn't get too behind in levels as I planned on leaving it in the PC to make room for my Bibarel HM slave.

Once I was ready, I entered Mt. Coronet from the Oreburgh/Hearthome section and started climbing up the mountain. I explored the cave portion for a while, found some items, and talked to Looker again. After a while, I reached the snowy portion of the mountain and continued heading closer to the peak. I battled a ton of Galactic grunts along the way.

Eventually, I reached the Spear Pillar. I defeated a pair of grunts before encountering Mars & Jupiter again. My rival then popped out of nowhere, allowing the two of us to take on the Commanders together. My rival had several Pokemon faint during the fight, but he wasn't totally useless (at least, his Heracross was useful). I used just Empoleon for the battle.

After defeating Mars and Jupiter, I watched Cyrus use the Red Chain to make Dialga and Palkia appear. The lake trio Pokemon came to help, but they couldn't really do anything. Anyway, Giratina suddenly emerged from some portal, dripping globs of shadowy blood stuff everywhere, and dragged Cyrus down into its world. Then, Cynthia decided to show up and told me that we needed to enter the portal, too, in order to save the world from destruction or something. So, the two of us did just that, leading us to the Distortion World.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I challenged Fantina next and I used Luxray and Murkrow against her ghost types and received the Relic badge finally hee hee. I left the Hearthome gym and spoke with Cynthia now.
- After seeing Cynthia, I healed my team and flew to Jubilife and got new Poketch apps and I went to Route 218's coast and surfed. I defeated a few trainers and reached Canalave. :]
- I visited Canalave city's mart and pokemon center when I arrived and I also got stopped by Barry as I went across the canal bridge. I defeated him and I visited the dock nearby.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I explored the Distortion World with Cynthia. It took me some time to get through the whole place, since I can never remember how all the different areas and platforms connect. While going through the Distortion World, I ran into all the lake Pokemon again and they showed me which pits I needed to push Strength boulders in.

At the end, Cynthia and I ran into Cyrus and I had to battle him. I started with my Lopunny and had it take down his Houndoom (was expecting Weavile >_>) with Strength. Then, I used my Froslass to Boltbeam Honchkrow & Gyarados and my Empoleon to defeat Weavile & Crobat with Flash Cannon and Ice Beam.

After that battle, I fought Giratina and focused on catching it. I put my Tangrowth in front and used it to paralyze Giratina with Stun Spore. Then, I went over to Empoleon and chipped its HP down to the red zone before tossing Dusk Balls. I came close to getting Giratina, but it eventually Struggled itself to death. On my next try, I reset after Tangrowth missed Stun Spore several times in a row and Giratina got too many stat boosts as I figured that attempt was unsalvageable. My third attempt was my successful one, where I caught Giratina after just a few balls.

With Giratina caught, Cyrus talked for a bit longer and then walked off. Cynthia and I then took a portal to the normal world.

LePetitMeow

Today I made it to the Lake of Rage. I challenged my way through Mount Mortar along the way, picking up the Tyrogue gift as well.

At the Lake of Rage, I encountered the Red Gyarados, weakening it enough to capture it after only a few turns. Afterward, I met up with Lance, who asked for help in Mahogany Town. Before I headed off to meet him, I decided to grind my team on Route 43 just below to make sure they were leveled up enough before facing off against Team Rocket and the Mahogany Town Gym. Did a lot of wild encounters on Route 43, and then headed out to Cianwood to check out the Safari Zone a bit. Made a few captures, then used Route 41 to grind Ampharos and Bellossom up a few levels.

My team is looking really good so far;

Quilava - Level 34
Bellossom - Level 35
Quagsire - Level 34
Ampharos - Level 35
Noctowl - Level 35
Umbreon - Level 33

Hopefully plan to rid Johto of Team Rocket once and for all tonight!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I visited Iron Island when I left the dock and I walked through the mine and defeated many trainers and caught some pokemon as well. With Riley's help, we beat Galactic grunts. :3
- Once Team Galactic had fled, Riley handed me an egg and then I left Iron Island and went back to Canalave city and swapped pokemon. I hatched my egg and trained the Riolu now.
- I finished training and went to challenge the Canalave gym. Inside I had to go around on metal panels and I defeated the trainers and battled Byron. Infernape swept his steel types.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After leaving the Distortion World, I found myself at the Sendoff Spring. Cynthia said that I should go visit Prof. Rowan, so I quickly hopped back up to Veilstone City and got my Tropius out of the PC. I then flew to Sandgem Town and went to the lab, where Rowan and Lucas told me how awesome I am at this game.

Next, I flew to Pastoria and made my way to Route 222 from there. I spent some time on R. 222 training, finding items, and visiting the Pikachu house. Once I was done, I headed into Sunyshore City. There, I immediately met Flint from the Elite Four, who told me about how his bff Volkner was being a total drag and how I needed to battle him. I ignored that for the moment and went to look around the city first. I stopped by the Pokemon Center to heal, then did things such as visit the market and talk to Jasmine on the beach.

Eventually, I entered the lighthouse and took the elevator to the top. I spoke with Volkner there and got him to go back to the Gym. Next time, I will probably take on the Sunyshore Gym and get my last badge.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Today, I hatched a Snubbull with Close Combat in Platinum. I visited the Move Relearner to teach it the elemental fang moves,then I flew to Sandgem Town to battle some Route 201 Pokemon. After defeating several Starly, I came across a shiny Bidoof,which I caught in a Quick Ball.I withdrew it from the PC and saved the game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Headed over to the Gym in Sunyshore today. I went through the entire Gym twice. First, I went through it to fight all the trainers, who I defeated using Froslass, Lopunny, Infernape, and Gliscor. After that, I left to heal and then made my way through the Gym again to fight Volkner. I started the Gym battle with Gliscor, who was surprisingly faster than Volkner's Jolteon. My Gliscor set up a Swords Dance, didn't take damage from Jolteon's Iron Tail as it missed, then proceeded to Earthquake Volkner's entire team.

After receiving my final badge, I left the Gym once again and headed down to the beach. My rival ran up to me and blathered on about becoming stronger before leaving. Jasmine then spoke with me and gave me the Waterfall HM. After that, I decided to save for the day.

Team:
;395; ;392; ;465; ;478; ;428; ;472;
Lv. 50-51

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I left Canalave's gym with the Mine badge in hand and went to Canalave's library cuz Barry wanted me to go hee hee. I saw professor Rowan and Lucas in there and we talked. ^^
- So after we heard Rowan's lecture, we felt an explosion and we went out to investigate the source. We found out what happened at Lake Valor and I was asked to go there.
- I flew to Veilstone city and swapped pokemon next. I arrived at Lake Valor and saw the aftermath of Team Galactic's bomb and defeated a few grunts now and saw Saturn.

LePetitMeow

Challenged my way through Team Rocket's Mahogany base with Lance. The battles against Rocket Grunts were tedious, but easy to get through. Made it to battle Petrel, whose defeat led me to battle Rocket Executive Ariana. Afterward, I battled against the Electrodes on the generator, stopping the radio signal from Mahogany Town.

Defeated Pryce, and then was signaled by Team Rocket's radio message for Giovanni. I've battled my way through the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City, beating the grunts and Petrel at the end on the 4th floor. I retrieved the Underground Key and am on my way to the Goldenrod Underground to finish off Team Rocket.

Team:

Typhlosion - Level 39
Ampharos - Level 38
Bellossom - Level 38
Noctowl - Level 38
Quagsire - Level 38
Umbreon - Level 39

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went back to several places around Sinnoh in order to finish exploring them completely. First, I flew to Oreburgh City and went over to the Oreburgh Gate, where I still needed to do a few things on the lower floor. After that, I went to places that required the use of Waterfall and Rock Climb. So, I ended up visiting mostly places near Mt. Coronet and the Valor Lakefront and was able to find some items and trainers that I couldn't reach before.

Once I was done with that, I returned to Sunyshore and Surfed up to Route 223. I explored that route in full and battled all the trainers, which helped my team members level up. Eventually, I reached the lower half of the Pokemon League island and climbed up a waterfall to access a Pokemon Center. Next time, I will probably go through Victory Road.