• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally decided on a team I'm going to use in the battle frontier in platinum. I'm going to use these:
torterra
starapter
gengar
clefable
vaporeon
lucario
So far I'm in floraroma town about to battle Mars. Current team:
Taylor the turtwig lv 16 female on my first try ^^
WizWing the staravia lv 16

Aquarelle

Staff member
Took on Victory Road today. I decided to leave my Tangrowth behind in the PC as I needed to make room in my party for my Bibarel slave. Anyway, my remaining team members did a pretty good job defeating all the trainers in Victory Road. I had to use a few healing items, but none of my Pokemon fainted or really struggled during the battles. The cave wasn't that difficult for me to navigate either, though it did take me a while to get through the whole thing due to all the battles and how I had to explore as much as possible.

Once I reached the other side of the cave, I climbed a waterfall to find the Pokemon League building. Inside, I healed my team right away and then used the PC to get Tangrowth back. Then, I battled my rival once again. I used Froslass to OHKO Staraptor with Ice Beam, while my Gliscor defeated Rapidash and Heracross. I let Tangrowth defeat the other half of his team.

Next time, I will train my team in preparation for the Elite Four.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So I finished beating Commander Saturn in the cave and now I had to visit Lake Verity cuz Lucas needed help. I flew to Twinleaf town and healed my team, then I visited the lake.
- I saw Galactic grunts when I showed up and I defeated them and battled Mars as well. Winning was a piece of cake hee hee, then I went to Celestic town and went to Mt Coronet. :3
- Inside the mountain I pushed a rock and walked through a bigger cave with fog and soon I found the exit which led to Route 216. I passed through the snow and crossed a few bridges.

LePetitMeow

Battled my way through the Goldenrod Underground today to get the Key Card needed to get to the top of the radio tower. Managed to finish of Ariana and Archer, ending Team Rocket's main storyline in the game. I then worked my way through Ice Cave from Mahogany town to reach Blackthorn City. I'm getting ready to head into the gym to face off against the Dragon Masters of Johto! Woo-hoo!

Team So Far:

Typhlosion - Lvl 41
Amhparos - Lvl 40
Bellossom - Lvl 41
Quagsire - Lvl 40
Noctowl - Lvl 40
Umbreon - Lvl 40

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some training for the Pokemon League today. I flew back to Celestic Town and made my way around the eastern half of Sinnoh rematching trainers. Most of the trainers I battled were near Pastoria and Sunyshore, though. Anyway, in the end my Pokemon gained another 2-3 levels each, making my entire team level 56 now.

I may train my Pokemon up another level or two, but I haven't decided yet. Next time, though, I think I'll visit the three main lakes again. I haven't fully explored them yet and I was planning to catch at least Uxie and Azelf before doing the league (a plan I forgot about until today >_>).

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I just beat Mars. Man I almost lost but Taylor managed to not get killed by her skuntank. Now i'm on the cycling toad. Next I will be going to mt coronet to catch a clefairy for my team. Current team
Taylor the grotle lv 21
WizWing the staravia lv 23
Bow the gastly lv 23

arceus03

Recently started SoulSilver. Wanted to have Leech Seed Chikorita, so resetted a few times until I got a female Chikorita. Got a Mareep as well before challenging Falkner. Aaaand also decided to keep the Togepi.

Long story short, I caught Exeggcute afterwards in Route 34 and stuck the two into Day Care. Hatched the egg and now training Chikorita before challenging Whitney. Wanted to get him up to level 22 to be on par with the rest of the team.

So yeah. Current team is Chikorita, Togepi and Flaaffy.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went back to the lakes tonight. First, I went to Lake Verity, where I picked up the Fire Blast TM before entering the cavern in the middle of the water. In there, I talked to Mesprit and got it to start roaming around the region. Prof. Rowan then showed up and praised me for gathering information on the lake Pokemon (yay!), but criticized me for not getting the Marking Map app for my Poketch (aww...).
That reminded me of the Poketch Company's existence, so I quickly swung by Jubilife City to pick up some Poketch apps.

Next, I visited Lake Valor. After getting the Thunder TM, I went to the cavern to battle Azelf. I paralyzed Azelf with Tangrowth's Stun Spore, and then weakened it to red health using attacks from Tangrowth and Froslass. Then, I tossed one Dusk Ball and...Azelf was caught!

Finally, I went to Lake Acuity. Got the Blizzard TM, then fought Uxie. This Pokemon was not a simple capture like Azelf. First, trying to paralyze it took several turns due to an insane number of Stun Spore misses. Then, getting Uxie to stay in a Poke Ball took a long time. In total, it took 47 Dusk Balls to catch it. I was surprised I caught it at that point, since I thought it was just going to Struggle itself to death.

Next time, I'll probably go through the Elite Four. I don't really want to train my team more.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally beat all of the trainers on the cycling path. After that I went into mt coronet and caught my next team member, Olympia the female clefairy. First one I released because it had cute charm but the second one had magic guard so she is my new team member. Next I'm going to go through wayward cave.
Current team
Taylor the grotle lv 22
WizWing the staravia lv 23
Bow the gastly lv 23
Olympia the clefairy lv 18

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I flew back to the Pokemon League building. I got my entire team in my party and made sure that everyone was at full health. Then, I purchased some healing items and talked to the badge check person. After that, I began my Elite Four challenge!

vs. Aaron
I started this battle with Infernape, but discovered on the first turn that it just barely failed to OHKO Yanmega, which was annoying. After a Full Restore and a possibly disastrous number of Double Team and Speed Boost...boosts, Yanmega fortunately died to a Swords Danced boosted ThunderPunch. I kept Infernape in against the next two Pokemon, Drapion and SomeBug1, then switched to Gliscor to finish off Vespiquen and SomeBug2.

vs. Bertha
I put Empoleon in the lead since I wasn't expecting Whiscash first. My Empoleon had Hydro Pump, which was bred onto it, so I used it...and Whiscash just barely hung on with a sliver of HP. So, I then had to use an Ice Beam + Surf combo to knock it out. After that, Empoleon OHKOed Hippowdon and Gliscor no problem.
For Golem and Rhyperior, I switched to Tangrowth and destroyed them with Giga Drain.

vs. Flint
Went with Gliscor as my lead and had an easy time defeating Houndoom, Infernape, and Magmortar. Then, I switched to Empoleon to Surf the remaining two Pokemon. Flareon went down easily, but Rapidash was my just barely hanging on Pokemon for this battle due to Sunny Day, but it was OHKOed by a Hydro Pump to the face on the next turn.

vs. Lucian
Decided to start with Froslass since I hadn't used it in the league yet. Froslass used Shadow Ball on Mr. Mime, but it failed to OHKO (and I believe it was another just barely hung on case). Mr. Mime set up Light Screen, which sucked, but I kept Froslass in and managed to KO Mr. Mime after a few attacks. Next, I went over to Gliscor, set up Swords Dance against Bronzong, then went X-Scissor happy on the rest of Lucian's team.

vs. Cynthia
Gliscor was my lead as it was the only Pokemon I trusted to successfully deal with Spiritomb. I used Swords Dance two times and OHKOed it with Earthquake.

After that, I defeated a few more of Cynthia's Pokemon using a variety of my team members (including Lopunny, who hadn't done anything against the Elite Four), but...I wasn't liking my Pokemon's performances. They were just barely failing to KO things and were taking a lot of damage (really regret not training my Pokemon more now...). I soft reset and decided to try for a Gliscor sweep. I maxed out Gliscor's Attack and had no trouble OHKOing Spiritomb, Milotic, and Garchomp. But then, Togekiss decided to just barely hang on and get me to red health with Water Pulse. I got the OHKO after the Full Restore (come on...), but then Lucario KOed Gliscor with ExtremeSpeed.

With my MVPokemon down, I sent out Infernape. It used Swords Dance, easily survived Lucario's move, then clobbered Lucario and Roserade to win the battle.

After winning, I watched all the Hall of Fame stuff and the credits.

Team:
;395; ;392; ;465; ;478; ;428; ;472;
Lv. 56-60

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I went through both parts of the wayward cave. Got some very helpful experience and the earthquake tm. After that I went through mt coronet and then got to Hearthome city. Next I got my 5th team member, Artemis the eevee which I will be evolving into vaporeon. After that I went through amity square and got the helpful items. Then I beat the trainers in the gym. Finally I went back and trained and caught a bibarel to use as a slave. Next time I will be battling Fantina.
Current team
Taylor the grotle lv 26
WizWing the staravia lv 26
Bow the haunter lv 26
Olympia the clefairy lv 26
Artemis the eevee lv 23

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I continued moving along the snowy path and caught a Sneasel as well and visited a small cabin where my pokemon were healed. Once outside again, I walked through a blizzard.
- I moved slowly and found the Rock Climb Hm on Route 217 and visited an odd cottage where a ghost woman gave me a Spell Tag. I followed the path past Acuity Lakefront next too.
- I soon reached Snowpoint city and healed my team and I did some shopping too, then I visited homes and since I needed my seventh badge, I went and challenged the gym quickly.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat Fantina pretty easily. Olympia was great against duskull, it couldn't do much to her and grass knot took care of it slowly. WizWing took out haunter but he lost to mismagius which Taylor beat. Next I made my way to Solace on town. After that I went through the ruins and lost tower. I also evolved Artemis into vaporeon since it learns bite at the same level as eevee. After that I got to the cafe, beat the trainers, and bought some moo moo milk. Finally I beat all of the trainers and got to Veilstone city. Current team
Taylor the grotle lv 28
WizWing the staravia lv 29
Bow the gengar lv 28
Olympia the clefairy lv 28
Artemis the vaporeon lv 29

LePetitMeow

Managed to beat Clair's gym this week after doing a LOT of grinding in Ice Cave and Mt. Mortar to level up my team. I then made my way back to Ecruteak city, where I'm preparing to battle the Kimono Girls.

Team:

Typhlosion - Lvl 47
Ampharos - Lvl 46
Bellossom - Lvl 46
Quagsire - Lvl 47
Noctowl - Lvl 46
Umbreon - Lvl 47

Hoping to find time to complete the Lugia quest and move forward to the League.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued playing today and started back in my room in Twinleaf Town. I headed downstairs, where my mom talked to me about my rival going on a ship in Snowpoint and my Pokedex project. After that, I left and walked over to Sandgem Town. I spoke with Lucas before heading into the lab to show Prof. Rowan my completed Sinnoh dex. While in the lab, I obtained the National Pokedex and the Pokeradar, plus I met Prof. Oak.

When that was done, I flew to Snowpoint City and headed to the harbour. There, I got on a ship and sailed to the Fight Area. My rival was waiting for me there and dragged me over to the entrance to the Battle Frontier, where there was a huge crowd of people, including Volkner & Flint. My rival wanted to fight them together, but I told him NO! at first so that I could look around and talk to all the NPCs. ^^

Once I was ready, I spoke to my rival again and agreed to team up with him. I knew my rival was going to lead with Staraptor, so I put Gliscor in the lead so that I could spam Earthquake. My Gliscor made the fight against Volkner and Flint really simple - Earthquake OHKOed all of their Pokemon, so the battle only took three turns.

Afterwards, my rival reunited with his daddy, Palmer, and then ran off somewhere to get stronger. Oh, I also talked to that Buck guy as well. Anyway, I didn't want to do anything else right then so I saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I beat The veilstone gym leader pretty easily with just Bow and WizWing. After beating her I got to Pastoria city and beat my rival easily as well. Next I got everyone except Artemis to lv 35 since he wouldnt be helpful. After that I beat Wake easily with just Taylor and WizWing finished his gyarados after Olympia fainted. Taylor didn't even faint to floatsels ice fang ^^ and got a crit on it. After that I beat the galactic grunt and beat the trainers on the route to the right of pastoria. Next time I will be making my way to celestic town.
Current team:
Taylor the torterra lv 35
WizWing the starapter lv 35
Bow the gengar lv 36
Olympia the clefairy lv 35
Artemis the vaporeon lv 36

Ominous Wind

Started playing Soul Silver for fun. I'm on ecruteak right now and I cleared the gym except for morty. Been distracted trying to get a water stone for my eevee since I want a vaporeon this time.

My team is:

Quilava lvl. 25
Crobat lvl. 25
Hypno lvl. 26
Eevee lvl. 5

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to Celestia town and battled the galactic grunt and Cyrus. Both were pretty easy. I finally got the surf hm which I taught to Artemis who is now usable. After that I battled the trainers on the route to the right of Celestia town. Next I got the thunderbolt and flame thrower tms and a moon stone which I taught to Olympia and evolved her. Next I made my way to canalave city and beat my rival who wasn't difficult. Finally I deleted defogger on WizWing, retaught aerial ace, and went to iron island where I beat the galactic grunts with Riley and gor the riolu egg which will eventually be my final team member.
Current team
Taylor the torterra lv 39
WizWing the starapter lv 39
Bow the gengar lv 40
Olympia the clefable lv 39
Artemis the vaporeon lv 39
Riolu egg

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I entered the Battle Frontier and got my VS Recorder upgraded. Then, I strolled around the Frontier for a while and looked around, but left after that as I didn't feel like battling there. Instead, I headed north to Route 225 and did some exploring there. I made sure to fight all the trainers as well and defeated them using Lopunny & Froslass since they were my lowest levelled Pokemon. Lopunny especially benefitted from all the training as it was nearly level 60 by the time I was done. Eventually, I entered the Survival Area. I healed at the Pokemon Center and talked to everyone around town as there wasn't much else to do there at the moment. Finally, I then went out to Route 226.

Last edited:

arceus03

I got Fly! Woohoo. Delivered the SecretPotion to Jasmine, then got a call from Baoba. I decided to clean up the stuff I could settle first, so I did a bunch of revisiting old places, collecting Apricorns and whatnot. Right now in Union Cave, will be exploring the whole place now I've got Rock Smash, Surf and Strength all available. Current team is at around L35, they should be ready for Jasmine after this.