1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Upon arriving in Canalave City I defeated Barry and sailed to Iron Island. I trained my team quite a bit here evolving both Monferno and Hippopotas. I could not accept the Riolu egg, not like I really need it though. Next stop was the Canalave Gym which wasn't much of a challenge for Infernape, Bibarel, and Hippowdon. I attempted to thwart Team Galactic at two of the three lakes of Sinnoh but it was too no avail. While traversing the snowy routes my game kept freezing which is the reason I haven't posted in a bit. It ended up taking so long to get through that I got annoyed and stopped for week or more at a time. I eventually made it through and arrived in Snowpoint City where Infernape practically swept the entire gym by itself.

After watching Barry do just as poorly at stopping Team Galactic as I did I flew to Veilstone and got to explore their hideout where Murkrow finally evolved thus completing the team. I also defeated Cyrus and Saturn which allowed me to free the 3 Pokemon of the Lakes. A long trek through Mt Coronet awaited me next but at the top I was able to defeat Cyrus once more and capture the legendary Pokemon Dialga. Since I saved the day and all I figured now would be a good time to go get my 8th badge so I set out for Sunyshore City.

[​IMG] Lv43
    [​IMG] Lv43
    [​IMG] Lv43
    [​IMG] Lv42
    [​IMG] Lv43
    [​IMG] Lv42

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Spent some time on SoulSilver tonight since there are a few things I want to do on my current file before restarting it. One thing I want to do is catch a few SoulSilver version exclusives in Apricorn balls. So, I worked on building up my SS's Apricorn collection today by picking Apricorns all over Johto & Kanto. Once I was done, I gave some to Kurt, who gave me some Lure Balls from Apricorns I must've given him the last time I played.

Next, I managed to catch a few Pokemon using the few Apricorn balls I already had. While Headbutting trees, I found a Ledyba, and caught it in the only Fast Ball I had. On Route 45, I caught a Teddiursa in a Level Ball. Then, after quite a few more encounters on that route, I ran into a Skarmory. Trying to catch the Skarmory was really annoying, since even after weakening it and putting it to sleep, its low catch rate meant it broke out of a lot of balls. I tried several types of Apricorn balls on it - Heavy, Friend, Moon, Lure - but it always broke out. Eventually, I got a Love Ball to work.

There are still a few other Pokemon I want to catch on SS, but some of them will have to wait until I have more Apricorn balls. That Skarmory really depleted my already small supply.

3. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't explore much of Sunyshore City but headed right for the gym...only to remember Volkner isn't there. Well after finding him in a lighthouse I managed to defeat the gym trainers, solve the puzzle, and defeat Volkner in a rather simple fight. Now that Bibarel could use Waterfall I headed around the region climbing the few I could remember before surfing north and oh my goodness the Surf speed is so slow in these games. I did eventually arrive at Victory Road which honestly felt like a slog to get through. Sooner or later I made it to the Pokemon League and decided to try my hand at challenging them with a team at Lv48. The first 3 members were chores to battle and I struggled so much against Lucian that I didn't even bother using healing items so I could spend some more time training before trying again. Turns out training is a real chore in these games.

[​IMG] Lv49
    [​IMG] Lv51
    [​IMG] Lv48
    [​IMG] Lv49
    [​IMG] Lv49
    [​IMG] Lv50

4. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Did some more Apricorn collecting on SoulSilver today. I went to nearly every tree across both regions before returning to Azalea Town. I picked up some Heavy Balls from Kurt, and have him some Ylw Apricorns IIRC in return.

I didn't catch any SS exclusive Pokemon in Apricorn Balls today, since the two main ones I need, Mawile and Gulpin, are swarm Pokemon and I haven't gotten their swarms yet. I did try to look for a Delibird, though, since I don't believe I've caught one in an Apricorn Ball yet, but I didn't find one when going through Ice Path and I didn't feel like looking any longer. Maybe another time.

I did catch a couple of non-version exclusive Pokemon, though. In the Ilex Forest, I found a Weedle using Headbutt and caught it in a Level Ball. South of Pallet Town, I used a Friend Ball to catch a Tangela.