• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got a copy of Platinum version. Working on trying to soft reset for a shiny Turtwig.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Made my way to Azalea Town today. I made it through Route 32, Union Cave, and Route 33 without much trouble. I battled every trainer I came across, which allowed me to get most of my team members up to level 14. My Sentret is still sitting at level 12-13, though.

In Azalea, I went over to Kurt's house. After talking to him, he ran off to the Slowpoke Well, so it looks like I'll head there next time.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
After defeating Fantina I received an Eevee from Bebe and left for my next destination. Battled everyone and explored where I could. Received the Porygon when I made it to Veilstone. It’s now a P2. Helped with the win against Maylene.

Benched Bayleef at some point, for Roselia. Might use it in another Gen; Eevee became a Vaporeon, couldn’t manage an Espeon due to work and my impatience.

Since my last post on SS, I ran back to Ecruteak. Made it to Burned Tower where I met Eusine and Morty. Battled my rival and won. Caught a Magmar which became a Magmortar shortly after.

Continued on Platinum after the trade. Made it to Pastoria. Had my Crobat interact with the Foot Ribbon guy. Some deep stuff was said.

On my way to Backlot’s mansion. Grinding for Crasher Wake. Will go shard hunting afterwards.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went to the Slowpoke Well today. I battled all of the Rocket Grunts, taking their Pokemon down with my Sentret. I then switched my Chinchou to the front of my party and used it to defeat Proton.

Back at Kurt's house, I received a Fast Ball and gave Kurt some of the Apricorns I'd been collecting. After that, I went over to the Azalea Gym. I did the Spinarak platform puzzle and defeated the Gym trainers mainly using Pidgey & Houndour.

I began the Bugsy fight with my Houndour. It was slower than Bugsy's Scyther, though, and ended up taking a lot of damage from U-turn. The U-turn brought in Metapod, which was easily KOed by my Fire STAB immediately after. I then switched to Pidgey as Scyther came back out. This matchup was more difficult than I'd expected, since I forgot about Scyther's Sitrus Berry and Leer + Quick Attack really hurt Pidgey. In the end, though, Pidgey managed to take out Scyther thanks to its (Pidgey's) own Quick Attack.

Finally, I went back to Houndour since I knew Kakuna wasn't going to be a threat. I won the battle, Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto, and I received the Hive Badge from Bugsy.

Team:
152.png
161.png
017.png
104.png
170.png
228.png

Lv. 14-18

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto SoulSilver and I decided to grind Charmeleon for a bit, which I grew tired a bit soon after. So I flew down to Route 45 to collect the remaining items in Dark Cave because I've haven't touched that part in a long while. I collected the Black Glasses from the man inside the cave, a Revive, a Hyper Potion and TM54 False Swipe. I Rock Climbed at Route 46 and I saved straight after.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After picking up some Apricorn balls at Kurt’s house, I headed for the Azalea Town exit to the Ilex Forest. First, though, I had to fight my rival. I defeated him using Houndour & Cubone, which wasn’t too difficult aside from my rival’s Zubat being annoying with confusion and flinching.

In the forest, I caught the missing Farfetch’d. As thanks, I received the Cut HM, which I taught to a Rattata HM slave.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Playing Pearl. Started with Piplup. Now have a Shinx as well. On Route 202.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Found a couple of red and blue shards while excavating. Battled my way through Route 212, before making it to the Mansion. Caught a couple of Pichu and saved.

On SS, Morty’s Gym wasn’t too bad. Had Leafeon in front to gain Exp., though, I mainly used Magmortar and Alakazam.
Surfed a couple of, previously, explored routes. Acquired more Apricorns, a nugget, and a couple more items. At some point I renamed Magmortar (ArChybaldt) and Leafeon (Yerrrrba).

Upon returning to Ecruteak, I left for Olivine. My first encounter, on the next route, was with a Magnemite (which happens to be my next Pokémon).

Caught it, after a burn from Magmortar’s Flame Body, with a Friend Ball. Has a Quiet Nature and was holding a Metal Coat. The coincidence...

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went back to Azalea Town quickly in order to pick up some Heavy Balls. Once that was done, I returned to the Ilex Forest and continued making my way through it. While in the upper half of the forest, I helped a Kimono Girl find the exit and taught Headbutt to my Sentret. Eventually, I finished exploring and exited onto Route 34.

I mostly just trained my team while on Route 34. While I was fighting trainers, two of my Pokemon evolved: Sentret into Furret & Chikorita into Bayleef.
I also ran into Ethan again and briefly visited the Day care.

Finally, I entered Goldenrod City.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Not that there’s been a lack of playing; finally found time to post.

SoulSilver: I have beaten Chuck, as well as Jasmine. Discovered the Safari Zone and passed my first task. Need to play more as I’m wanting a Marowak. Saved after I caught a couple more mons.

Platinum: Beat Crasher Wake and his Gym. Mostly with Pappygon (Porygon2), Shock Wave being my go to move. Did the Galatic Scene and Made my way North, to that one Town. After battling and narrowly beating Cyrus, I obtained Surf; taught it to Coziest (Vaporeon).

Flew to Sandgem, where I saved. Still need a 5th and 6th member. Maybe I’ll find one around Pal Park and that Route.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I spent my time tonight getting things done in preparation for the Goldenrod Gym. First, I had to explore Goldenrod City itself, which took quite a while. Some of the things I did:
-I got the Bicycle and registered it right away
-I received the Coin Case and won a round of Voltorb Flip at the Game Corner
-In the underground path, I defeated a few trainers. Then, after obtaining several Accessories, I dressed up my Bayleef and took its picture.
-At the Radio Tower, I got the Radio Card and won an Ultra Ball from the lottery

Once I was finished with Goldenrod for the moment, I headed north to train my Pokemon. I visited Route 35, 36, and the National Park, defeating every trainer I came across.

Then, I backtracked to some previous areas to collect Apricorns. Along the way, I KOed the wild Pokemon I encountered in order to gain experience. When I was done picking Apricorns, I returned to Azalea Town, where I picked up some Fast Balls from Kurt and gave him all of my Pink Apricorns in return.

Finally, I continued training against wild Pokemon north of Goldenrod. I kept going until my whole team reached level 20. I originally wanted to get to level 21, but that would've taken me too long. I think I'll be okay for the Gym next time.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Still been playing.

On Platinum, I have made it to Iron Island. I have still failed to find a 5th and 6th Pokémon.

Currently playing SS, where I am nearing the end of the Johto league. Took a break, from finishing off Team Rocket, to search for Apricorns. Hoping to beat the E4 today, we'll see.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got several things done tonight:

-At the Goldenrod Gym, I defeated all of the Gym trainers and then fought Whitney. My Furret had no trouble taking down her Clefairy. For Miltank, I switched to my Bayleef since it knows Toxic (was bred onto it IIRC). I eventually got Miltank poisoned, then just attacked with my Grass moves until it fainted.

-Once I had my Plain Badge, I quickly returned to Azalea Town once again in order to pick up my latest batch of Apricorn Balls.

-Finally, I went to the Pokeathlon. I decided to enter the Speed course with my Furret, Houndour, and Cubone. My first attempt didn’t go so well; I hadn’t done the Pokeathlon in a while, so my skills had deteriorated. The Pennant Capture event tanked my score. So, I soft reset and tried again. That time, I did much better in all three events, winning each one and placing first overall.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In SoulSilver, I levelled up Nidoking to Lv 40 and Charmeleon to Lv 32. I flew around to Blackthorn City and Mahogany Town to visit Dragon's Den and Ice Cave respectively to level them up but they didn't level up too quickly there.

In Platinum, I transferred more Pokémon from Sapphire and I caught Kecleon, Wingull, Spinda, Roselia, Marill and Duskull. I later flew to the Jublife City Pokémon Center and traded with HeartGold. I traded the Wingull I just transferred for a Snorlax. I then flew back to Pal Park and I showed the Snorlax to a Lass inside to get the Kitchen Timer on the Pokétch. Later on I used the Kecleon I had to get the Color Changer so now I have all of the apps on the Pokétch.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went back to Goldenrod in order to get the Squirtbottle. After that, I headed north until I reached the Sudowoodo blocking the road. I watered it, which lead to a battle. After Chinchou weakened Sudowoodo down, I caught it in a Fast Ball. Catching Sudowoodo in an Apricorn Ball was one of my goals for this playthrough - I really wanted an Apricorn Bonsly/Sudowoodo for my Ultra Sun.

Next, I soon arrived in Ecruteak City. While talking to people around town, I obtained the Dowsing Machine. I then spent some time using it to find a few hidden items.

Finally, I headed into the dance theatre. A Team Rocket member was bothering a Kimono Girl there, so I stepped in and battled him. After defeating him using my Houndour, I received the Surf HM.

james19

So started Heart gold with a minor tweaks here and there with Sacred Golds work of Drayano. Hope you dont mind the little differences while I post here.

My journey begun a shiny Sunday and after my Mother gave me a Bicicle and GB sounds in case I was nostalgic of my childhood, Elm called me because he needed a favour with his friend, Mr pokemon. After small chat with the proffesor I picked a Quiet Cyndaquil and left the village looking for Mr pokemon and his famous obbsession with eggs. But before reaching his house a blonde trainer stopped me and told me a legend about the god of pokemons showing before to any one capable of master all the pokemons in nature. And because of that legend she traveled from Sinnoh to Johto. Her name was Cynthia and before she left, gave me an Adamant Eevee. I'm going to make that little onevery happy as an Eevee, amd lets see what happen with him.

After taking the egg from Mr Pokemon, I returned to Elm's lab because a red haired trainer stoled one of the pokemons resting in the lab. I managed to see the trainer in person and he decided to fought against me. Turns out he stole a Totodile, but he wasn't trained so he didnt stand a chance against my lvl 12 Cyndaquil.

Returned to Elm's lab and after giving to him the egg, he decided to gift me Cyndaquil as my first pokemon in the region. Tried to suggest me to warn my mom about leaving the town, but she has my number. She eventually will call me up.

And so, went to Route 29. It's Eevee time to get level up.

Team

Cyndaquil lvl 12
Eevee lvl 7

Pd: how can i use pokemon icons?

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I went to the Burned Tower. After speaking to Eusine and Morty, I got stopped by my rival for another battle. My Cubone defeated his Gastly, but then I had to switch out since Cubone's HP had been sapped by Curse. I sent my Furret in and used it to finish off the rest of my rival's Pokemon.

On the lower floor of the tower, I encountered the Suicune/Raikou/Entei trio and got them to leave. After that, I looked around the basement as much as possible.

Next, I went to Route 42 briefly. There, I received the Strength HM from a Hiker coming out of Mt. Mortar. I taught the HM to Furret, then returned to the Burned Tower. I used my new Strength HM in the basement to get the items I missed earlier.

Finally, I trained in the Burned Tower until my whole team was level 22.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Played lots more of Platinum, since my last post. After taking care of matters on Iron Island, I received and egg from Riley. After leaving I took on the Canalave City Gym. Vaporeon, and Leafeon (from my SS file), handled everyone easily.

Galactic started with their shenanigans once more, after I obtained my badge. Had to head up to Snowpoint, after defeating them at other locations. Obtained a Swinub (Peppa) who’s now a Mamoswine. The egg hatched into a Rash Riolu (Bawk Bawk), which I kept, completing my team of 6.

After defeating Candice, the plot took me to Veilstone where I, at some point:
-battled Cyrus
-evolved Pappygon (now Porygon-Z)
-obtained a Master Ball
-explored the underground

Haven’t touched SS, outside of using it for trades.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
So hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll have a copy of HeartGold in my hands. Now I'm thinking about teams. Part of me wants to play through the game as the game intended for me to, with Pokemon that the game provided me. This is something I haven't done with a Johto game since Crystal first came out. Part of me wants to breed and trade over some Pokemon from SoulSilver the first chance I get, and play through the game with an unorthodox team. I did that with SoulSilver when it first came out and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. If I do the second option, I'm thinking Totodile, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Tyrogue, Aerodactyl, and Yanma. The Tyrogue would be groomed to become a Hitmontop. I'm torn, because I really want that full nostalgic experience of having to slowly make my team as the game goes on, but I also want to play with Pokemon that are normally endgame Pokemon (and weak ones at that).

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Use this team! Honestly, been using unorthodox teams as I’m going through each Gen and I’m rather enjoying it. Idk... freshens the game up, in a way.

If I do the second option, I'm thinking Totodile, Sneasel, Misdreavus, Tyrogue, Aerodactyl, and Yanma.