1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jul 17, 2015.

1. DLeck6211

DLeck6211 Furniture of law enforcement

Took on the Battle Hall with Infernape and increased my streak to 20. Then took on the Battle Arcade with a team of Infernape, Garchomp, and Venusaur but lost to Dahlia.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

Found a Feebas tile at the lake at the bottom of Mt Coronet! Caught several of them to get them of various Natures and to look for a shiny one, but I didn't find a shiny unfortunately.

3. DLeck6211

DLeck6211 Furniture of law enforcement

Finally got my main team up to level 100, now working my way up though the Battle Arcade.

Update: Got swept by Dahlia's Medicham. You have to be joking me.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    RedBlastoise and SubtleVVeirdoh like this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Yesterday, I decided to catch a Smeargle in Diamond. I used the Poke Radar at Route 212 and defeated several Budew, and eventually encountered a shiny one. I weakened it with Weavile's False Swipe, then threw a Poke Ball and caught the critter. It had a Lax nature and Poison Point as its Ability. I then caught a Gulpin in Great Marsh and saved.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  5. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

This morning while replaying Pearl I battled my rival in front of Fight Area and almost swept his whole team except that at the last moment his Snorlax survived Electivire's Brick Break and that ruined my perfect victory. But after that disappointment I went and used my Poke-Radar item because I needed to find a Nidorina at Valor Lakefront to finally complete my PokeDex. After almost an hour I gave up and just traded one from SoulSilver instead because I didn't have the patience to find one in Pearl. But thankfully I now have a completed PokeDex in Pearl!

Ignition likes this.
  6. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Haven't played my HeartGold in a long while, but today after watching lucahjin's HeartGold playthrough I decided to train a Heracross. I already had Lucario as my main Fighting-type but I said screw it, let's try Heracross just because. So I went to Mt. Silver and headbutted trees until I found a Heracross outside. I've been busy leveling it up since yesterday evening and it's now at level 65. I'm being lazy today though and mostly feeding it rare candies since I have a huge stock of them. I'm now trying to figure out which moves to give it.

7. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Master Procrastinator

With a month to go before I finally have access to Sword & Shield, I decided to play through the Sinnoh region once again in Platinum. I've still got the Diamond playthrough with my friends to go through, but we're all at uni now so expect no progress for a very long time, or possibly ever. Platinum was the only game I actually had a team planned for, since I was trying to beat the Alola games but just felt unmotivated. That alongside my participation in Inktober this year, I'm pretty busy, and it was better to play a game I actually felt like beating. So here we are!

Started my journey and did the opening Barry stuff, finally got around to picking my starter Pokemon - a Piplup! My first ever game was Diamond and Piplup was the starter I chose back then, but it's been so long since I've used one that I had to choose him this time! I defeated Barry's Turtwig, went to Lake Verity, got my Pokedex from Prof. Rowan (and nicknamed my starter Bubbles) before completing the main tutorial bits and finally being able to take on some trainers! Piplup disposed of them with ease and I caught a Bidoof to serve as my HM user. Did all the Jubilife stuff, defeated Barry once again (Pound vs. Withdraw spam, not fun) and made my way to Oreburgh City where I could finally capture my second team member, Machop! Or 5 of them, since none of them had No Guard + a nature which didn't lower Attack. Luckily the one in my possession now does, and I nicknamed him Machad. I used my newest addition to conquer the Oreburgh Mine and the Gym, crushing Roark's Cranidos with a couple of Karate Chops. Piplup one-shot both Geodude and Onix with Bubble before evolving into Prinplup! I then progressed onwards.

I defeated Team Galactic both at Jubilife City and Floraroma Town, Mars proving to be no issue to my powerful Machop and Prinplup combo. I moved through Eterna Forest with Cheryl and finally got to Eterna City, where I had a hard-fought battle against Gardenia. Machop barely defeated Turtwig and Cherrim, before falling to Roserade, but luckily did enough damage to Gardenia's ace that Prinplup could clean up with Pluck. Jupiter fell much easier though, and I received my third team member from Cynthia - Togepi! I hatched the egg, thanked the gods for it having Serene Grace, and nicknamed him Eggbert because I couldn't think of an alternative. I spent a few hours running around aimlessly with Togepi holding the Soothe Bell, and at Level 15 just before Mt. Coronet Eggbert evolved into Togetic! Machad also evolved just before Hearthome City, so I had a Machoke as well. I then received my fourth member of my team from Bebe, the Eevee who I nicknamed Selene. Another 3hrs of running and I had an Espeon on my team! Name might not make too much sense there (would suit Umbreon more) but hey ho.

I traded Espeon and Machoke to Diamond version, and used the Heart Scale I had obtained in that game to teach Espeon Confusion since no STAB was just painful. Machoke also evolved into Machamp, since it made sense to do it then. I gave both Pokemon TMs for Shock Wave and Water Pulse, traded them back and then used those TMs on Togetic so it could attack something, because honestly no moves to attack with aside from Metronome is pure garbage and I need Togetic for Fantina. I trained Togetic and Espeon up a bit and have saved. Current goal is to get Togetic to 26 and then beat Fantina.

Platinum Team:
    [​IMG]Bubbles the Prinplup, Level 28 [Bubble Beam, Pluck, Metal Claw, Pound]
    [​IMG]Machad the Machamp, Level 28 [Revenge, Seismic Toss, Rock Tomb, Return]
    [​IMG]Eggbert the Togetic, Level 22 [Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Charm, Yawn]
    [​IMG]Selene the Espeon, Level 26 [Confusion, Grass Knot, Quick Attack, Growl]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019 at 7:02 PM
  8. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

I had the urge to play through Sinnoh before Sword and Shield come out and I almost restarted Platinum before remembering that I had a Pearl play through that I never finished from back in 2015 I think. So after a little digging I found the cartridge. It looked the last thing I did was catch my final team member, a Glameow so I used my newish ability to Surf to train it up somewhat close to my other team members. Once I couldn't think of anywhere else to surf I headed to Canalave City and fought my rival on the drawbridge before skipping the gym and heading to Iron Island. I teamed up with Riley and his Lucario and began exploring the large section of the cave. Good lord why is everything in this game so slow?

[​IMG] Lv37
    [​IMG] Lv37
    [​IMG] Lv37
    [​IMG] Lv37
    [​IMG] Lv36
    [​IMG] Lv36

Ignition likes this.