• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

4th Gen Recent Happenings Thread

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Had some time this morning and got myself a streak in Platinum's Battle Tower since I'm short on BP; currently at a 42 streak with no real close calls. I have traded all of my Pick Up pokemon to different games so I decided to start leveling up some new Pokemon so I can start to farm the three new evolutionary stones. Ended my playtime with spending time in the Underground - creating a sphere farm has really made the underground an enjoyable experience, I highly recommend doing it.

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
Had some time this morning so I went to continue the next set of 7 on my Platinum Battle Tower streak. Cruised through the first six battles with ease. Battle 7 against Palmer wasn't necessarily difficult but he got two untimely critical hits which complicated things a bit. Took the win, my 20 Battle Points, and Gold print and went on my way.

masdog

I'm wrapping up my Platinum game and preparing to start Soul Silver.

This week, I got my last few evolutions done. I had to evolve Mamoswine, Weaville, Mantine, and Dusclops. I still need to evolve the Mareep I just caught to Ampharos, but I might just trade that to Soul Silver. I am also catching the Regis - I only need to catch RegIce.

I've basically used Poke Transfer to move most of my captures over to White 2 and into Bank from there. I still need to move my core team, reserves, Legendaries, and Unknown out to Bank and trade a few Level 1 Pokemon into Soul Silver (Lvl 7 Glaceon and Leafeon since I can't evolve those in Johto, Lvl 1 starters, and a few other low-level Pokemon).

masdog

So I’ve completely wrapped my Platinum game this week. I‘ve captured all of the legendaries in the game and sent them up to Bank through one of the 5th Gen games I have. I had to change my plans briefly when I learned that I could get the other two members of the Creation Trio. They were surprisingly easy to catch.

Started my Soul Silver game yesterday. I’m using Cyndaquill as my starter, and my team will mostly consist of Pokemon I bred in Platinum and traded over. These include:
  • Riolu - Lvl. 1
  • Turtwig - Lvl 1
  • Piplup - Lvl 1
  • Chimchar - Lvl 1
  • Eevee - Lvl 1
  • Eevee - Lvl 1
  • Glaceon - Lvl 7
  • Leafeon - Lvl 7
  • Ralts - Lvl 1
  • Shinx - Lvl 3
My goal is to minimize captures, so I will be using this group as my core team. I have a few gaps I need to fill (like a flying type), but outside of that and any rare, Legendaries, and pseudo-legendaries, I don’t really plan to capture too many Pokemon. The traded Pokemon also help ease the difficult level curve. I know that makes the game less challenging, but I don’t have that much time to grind and level up.